• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

RedSwirl

Honestly, at around chapter 8 I'm enjoying this game more than I enjoyed RE5's singleplayer. It shows that Capcom actually still knows how to make an RE game in the older adventure game style without tank controls. They're just figuring out where to balance things. Surprisingly it feels the most similar to RE1 with a bit of RE5's mechanics.

The one thing I really don't like is how they kinda just threw away Hunters. Those guys were some of the most feared normal enemies in the older games, and now you just mow through tons of them.

Honestly, at around chapter 8 I'm enjoying this game more than I enjoyed RE5's singleplayer. It shows that Capcom actually still knows how to make an RE game in the older adventure game style without tank controls. They're just figuring out where to balance things. Surprisingly it feels the most similar to RE1 with a bit of RE5's mechanics.

The one thing I really don't like is how they kinda just threw away Hunters. Those guys were some of the most feared normal enemies in the older games, and now you just mow through tons of them.

I usually disagree with others takes on games like this as it seems they ar trying to find flaws more than experiencing them but Hunters have become so pedestrian in this game.

I love killing them but they aren't creepy anymore, they're like Doom monsters.

They need to reach down and bring back crazy scary shit like the Crimson Heads.

With that said, the series with this game is certainly headed in the right direction after what seemed to be a huge action-fest in 5.

If 6 is a mix like Revelations, it'll be fine with me, I'm not expecting all out creepy survival horror due to what the bro-nation of gamers want.

Cool, I can see where you are coming from in regards to no move shoot, what about if Capcom did an option like a remix mode? so you can have original or move shoot. ..

yes I agree more original Resi games for 3DS is only a good thing, so long as they are no onrails shooters, hell rumour has it Capcom even had 5 running on the 3DS so the lack of power leading to onrails is out the question now. More original Resi 3DS games please.

Well if they did that they would have to change elements of the game design e.g. more enemies to compensate for the ability to move. It would fundamentally alter the risk/reward dynamic e.g. "do I stop to shoot or run". That was an intrinsic part of the game design. RE4 is such a magnificent game as it stands I am not sure I would want them to mess with the formula. I would rather they continue the direction they are going a la Revelaitons since they are convinced they need to be more "accessible" for the modern gamer. Oh and as much as I enjoyed the on-rails Wii RE games [the first far more than the second] I too hope we get more full RE games like Revelaitons on the 3DS :).

Is it a waste to play through as many Raid modes as possible solo while waiting for someone to get the game???

Will that ruin the experience???

Not for me but I haven't co-op'd Raid mode at all yet. Only up to stage 6 in Raid so far but already I can tell that it is likely that I will end up loving it more than the Campaign mode. Since I am on my second playthrough of that I think that expresses how favourably I feel towards the Raid mode quite nicely.

If you haven't already please give Raid mode a try on Solo and see how you take to it. If you hate it solo you can switch to doing it co-op easily enough. If you start with the first stage it is a relatively gentle introduction to it to give you a hang of how it works. However I find it so enjoyable I have re-played that stage several times, just for fun :).

So in this thread, we concur Parker is fucking awesome, he went from "who the fuck is that??" "not a crappy New character" to "He's the fucking man/Boss"

what is the percentage?

Though Quint had the quote of the Game

I love Parker and the comedy duo of the geek and the brother. I even like 'the bitch' because she is a sexually confident female, which makes a nice change in the video games I tend to play. I would happily kill her [in a game] if given the chance though :p. I even don't mind Raymond but that is mostly because
he helped Parker and I suspect he is a double double agent! :eek:

Not for me but I haven't co-op'd Raid mode at all yet. Only up to stage 6 in Raid so far but already I can tell that it is likely that I will end up loving it more than the Campaign mode. Since I am on my second playthrough of that I think that expresses how favourably I feel towards the Raid mode quite nicely.

If you haven't already please give Raid mode a try on Solo and see how you take to it. [/spoiler]

Nah, already played about 6 levels solo of Raid and like it as much as the rest of you and while I can see myself replaying it a lot(I already replay those 6 levels, nothing beyond), I wonder if it won't be as fresh or exciting if I do them all(or however many I can due to the difficulty it probably gets later on with one player only) by myself.

Part of that is me never playing a co-op online game before and always wanting to.

I just wondered if it's replayable enough to do a lot of it solo and then go back to it with a friend.

Nah, already played about 6 levels solo of Raid and like it as much as the rest of you and while I can see myself replaying it a lot(I already replay those 6 levels, nothing beyond), I wonder if it won't be as fresh or exciting if I do them all(or however many I can due to the difficulty it probably gets later on with one player only) by myself.

Part of that is me never playing a co-op online game before and always wanting to.

I just wondered if it's replayable enough to do a lot of it solo and then go back to it with a friend.

Good man :).

I've never co-op'd online either and have only ever played a few MK DS games online IIRC.

I intend to do the same as you i.e. play as much as I can of it Solo before turning to online co-op. I would imagine that co-op would change the gameplay experience quite enough to overcome any over-familiarity so I'm not worried about that aspect. Time will tell though :).

So in this thread, we concur Parker is fucking awesome, he went from "who the fuck is that??" "not a crappy New character" to "He's the fucking man/Boss"

what is the percentage?

I agree thought I would dislike him instantly, didn't care for him watching some playthroughs.
beat it for myself and really liked him.

kiryogi

Banned
So I need some confirmation. . .

Does Rachel stalk you through doors and stuff when you face her in the lower cabin in Episode 7? That is if you decide not to confront her and just run pass her to explore?

*playing Raid*

Legendary Weapon unlocked

Woo! That's my first one! :)

Muramasa Lv.5

:eek: Am I just very lucky or is it because I S ranked three stages in succession?

Speaking of ranks; do we know if the ranks in Campaign have any significance other than for epeen/ego? I haven't concerned myself with the Campaign ranks at all so far but if it means I will unlock better gear then I will! :)

Does Rachel stalk you through doors and stuff when you face her in the lower cabin in Episode 7? That is if you decide not to confront her and just run pass her to explore?

Remind me which stage this is again, please?

kiryogi

Banned
*playing Raid*

Woo! That's my first one! :)

:eek: Am I just very lucky or is it because I S ranked three stages in succession?

Speaking of ranks; do we know if the ranks in Campaign have any significance other than for epeen/ego? I haven't concerned myself with the Campaign ranks at all so far but if it means I will unlock better gear then I will! :)

Remind me which stage this is again, please?

It's right before you find the UAV

We need some brave soul to confirm this.

I believe that
any time she shows up, if you decide not to kill her and run past instead, she can show up in other rooms.
At least that's what I was told.

Ridley327

LOL @ the first couple of stages of Abyss.

Two mini shell guys in the first level

No blobs in the second level, but I sure hope you like shielded Skagdead and his pack of wild dogs!

I love it.

Don't believe so. Granted I blasted that bitch back with a rocket launcher right near the exit. Don't think she leaves that room though besides you are a room away from the end of the chapter. So even if you she does appear again you can make it to the next room which initiates a cutscene and the end of the chapter.

If your talking about when you
first see her mutated, no she does not follow you, i ran away the first time but she just stayed in that room.

Don't believe so. Granted I blasted that bitch back with a rocket launcher right near the exit. Don't think she leaves that room though besides you are a room away from the end of the chapter. So even if you she does appear again you can make it to the next room which initiates a cutscene and the end of the chapter.

I knew that at the point he seemed to be talking about, there was really no chance of fighting, and assumed he meant another encounter entirely.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I added everyone who is bolded. I started from the bottom up just because I know a lot of the bottom people get left out due to fatigue. If anyone not bolded adds me just tell me and I'll add you. The bolded I ask to please add me at your leisure.

GAF Name.......RE:R Name.........Friend Code
Shaheed79____JCDRNH_____4339 2657 0234

AndrewDean84xX__________0946 2259 9774
Toma____________________2191 7626 0648
Cwarrior _________________3480 2553 6304
NintendoGal ______________1075 0708 3958
weird____________________4639 8940 9147
boris feinbrand____________2019 9637 7448
jufonuk __________________2277 6685 7486
kamorra _________________2664 2164 4466
AkimbO_Arcana ___________3394 3575 4066
XPE _____________________1504 5776 5139
The perfect Dark___________0559 7475 3457
Phife Dawg________________0173 1278 8671
Nicko ____________________4253 3495 9513
profit ____________________3566 1713 2484
Luigiv____________________0173 1316 9263
slaughterking______________0602 6475 2803
The Evil Ganon ____________3007 8108 3296
Vidiot ____________________0216 0799 8851
Sadist____________________2363 5742 0044
loborzelda ________________2363 5624 2558
Evilcrane _________________2406 5147 3160
ReconPeon________________4682 8480 9046
MiamiWesker______________0731 4748 8002
Ken______________________3780 9033 8017
jtrov_____________________2363 6212 8253
01DragonFly_______________2492 4132 9240
BigDin69__________________1719 3175 9888
SteeloDMZ ________________4511 0776 3365
Westraid__________________2234 7257 0692
The M.O.B_________________4768 7672 0830
Lothars ___________________2664 2261 4686
indigodomino ______________4639 9730 0549
Incitemaybe _______________2621 2608 3510
delta25 ___________________4038 6009 7078
Vyse The Legend ___________4296 2976 2330
smug_____________________4639 8989 7962
Chuck ____________________3394 4330 0250
Mr. Pointy _________________2621 2629 2785
Mr.Fresh___________________1547 5650 6511
UrSuLeTZuL________________3007 8195 4778
jyoung188 _________________2921 9132 6286
The Insane Dufresne_________4725 8118 8518
Insaniac___________________4425 1562 4670
Solemn Nomad _____________0989 1751 1648
Jarsonot___________________3523 2206 6152
Cookychan_________________5370 0424 2205
tkscz______________________4511 0480 5638
TheWednesday _____________1848 2006 2664
Count Dookkake____________0731 4767 6497

Shaheed79_________________4339 2657 0234

kiryogi

Banned
If your talking about when you
first see her mutated, no she does not follow you, i ran away the first time but she just stayed in that room.

I'm talking about the optional encounter with her if you decide to backtrack with the Veltro card. I hear it's some stalker almost nemesis like fun provided you ignore her.

I knew that at the point he seemed to be talking about, there was really no chance of fighting, and assumed he meant another encounter entirely.

I just practiced my dodging skills especially when that May Day monster blocks the staircase while Rachel is running after you. I ran by May Day monster, picked up the rocket launcher turned around to see Rachel and blasted her when she was right in front of me and then ran. It really sucked though because I didn't have anymore machine gun ammo and I didn't have the Shotgun on me so all I was stuck with was the rifle which was hard to deal with Rachel and May Day monster and others all in the room at once.

NeoRausch

I added everyone who is bolded. I started from the bottom up just because I know a lot of the bottom people get left out due to fatigue. If anyone not bolded adds me just tell me and I'll add you. The bolded I ask to please add me at your leisure.

GAF Name.......RE:R Name.........Friend Code
Shaheed79____JCDRNH_____4339 2657 0234
"Previously on neoGAF:"

Added you and PM sent.

It's right before you find the UAV

We need some brave soul to confirm this.

That's at the point where you are rushing to set off the UAV to get the Regina Solaris death ray thing to misfire right?

Well as it happens I re-played this very section last night :).

I killed her and she dropped some weapon upgrades, continued on my way, she came 'back from the dead' :eek: so I killed her again, continued and she came back again, the bunny boiler bitch! I just kept going because I was very short of time [but still ran out of time and died]. So she seems to stalk you on that stage whether you run from her or not. I think :).

I just practiced my dodging skills especially when that May Day monster blocks the staircase while Rachel is running after you. I ran by May Day monster, picked up the rocket launcher turned around to see Rachel and blasted her when she was right in front of me and then ran. It really sucked though because I didn't have anymore machine gun ammo and I didn't have the Shotgun on me so all I was stuck with was the rifle which was hard to deal with Rachel and May Day monster and others all in the room at once.

I cannot imagine using the rocket launcher so flippantly in an RE game!

It's like using the Master Ball in Pokemon before the ultimate legendary. The first time I played Pokemon Red I used it on a Doduo, I didn't know I wasn't getting another one. :(

kiryogi

Banned
That's at the point where you are rushing to set off the UAV to get the Regina Solaris death ray thing to misfire right?

Well as it happens I re-played this very section last night :).

I killed her and she dropped some weapon upgrades, continued on my way, she came 'back from the dead' :eek: so I killed her again, continued and she came back again, the bunny boiler bitch! I just kept going because I was very short of time [but still ran out of time and died]. So she seems to stalk you on that stage whether you run from her or not. I think :).

Well it's the point before you activate the UAV and get a timer, you still have time to explore entire ship until then, and supposedly she roams the lower cabins

tkscz

If I remember the part you're at correctly.
Follow you through the doors? No. But she will spawn in other rooms, usually when they are two or three rooms afterwards. I didn't have the ammo to put the bitch down a second time and she kept showing up.

By the way, if you added me from that list, please PM me and tell me before taking me off your list. I'm a bit busy with programming homework to add people (or play much of the game as I'm still level 13).

Well it's the point before you activate the UAV and get a timer, you still have time to explore entire ship until then, and supposedly she roams the lower cabins

Yes, that was precisely what I was speaking about in my last post.

The following chap sums it up nicely :)

If I remember the part you're at correctly.
Follow you through the doors? No. But she will spawn in other rooms, usually when they are two or three rooms afterwards. I didn't have the ammo to put the bitch down a second time and she kept showing up.

By the way, if you added me from that list, please PM me and tell me before taking me off your list. I'm a bit busy with programming homework to add people (or play much of the game as I'm still level 13).

I cannot imagine using the rocket launcher so flippantly in an RE game!

It's like using the Master Ball in Pokemon before the ultimate legendary. The first time I played Pokemon Red I used it on a Doduo, I didn't know I wasn't getting another one. :(

Yeah I just figured where it was placed it was meant for them. RE sort of taught me that usually the Rocket Launcher is used around the same time it was given.
Granted I was really conservative with the Magnum and never used it until the final boss

List of times you encounter the monster in question (normal mode):

Episode 4 - Required boss fight. The first time you chase her away, try scanning...I found the part Long Magazine 2 at the location where she ran from.

Episode 7, part 1 - On the way to the UAV, which is not timed even though they act as if you are under a time constraint. There are a couple routes you can take, if you go there through the Promenade you won't encounter Rachel, she's in the halls/rooms part of the ship. I believe I met her in the library on the first floor, but I hear she might be in other areas (or is able to follow you after you meet her again). Killing her gets you the illegal custom part Burst 4.

Episode 7 part 2 - In the later section of the timed part. In normal mode it starts you with 2 minutes from the save point, in hard you get 1 minute. There really isn't time to deal with her other than with high powered magnums on your second run through the game or using the rocket you find in the room, which I really don't advise using so lightly. If you kill her here you get the illegal custom part Bind 2.

Episode 10, part 1 - When playing as Parker. Again you have a couple choices on how to proceed, and Rachel is not on the Promenade, but in the normal room areas. I encountered her in the small museum-looking room with broken display cases, but again I think you can encounter her elsewhere too. It's a good idea to use the exploding ooze to deal extra damage to her, if you can...if you kill her here you get the illegal custom part Burst 6, which is incredible.

Basically whenever you are given the choice, do not go through the Promenade. It is only a place of sorrow and bitter tears.
And billions of ammo-wasting ooze and hunters later on.
This is even true of Raid Mode!

olimpia84

I finished up my S rankings on trench difficulty today and got the blue title. What level should I be to start abyss mode? I think I'm currently 38...should I grind for a bit more levels?

Toge

I finished up my S rankings on trench difficulty today and got the blue title. What level should I be to start abyss mode? I think I'm currently 38...should I grind for a bit more levels?
You'll be ok - if you got to abyss without help on 38 you're quite good at this game

List of times you encounter the monster in question (normal mode):

Episode 4 - Required boss fight. The first time you chase her away, try scanning...I found the part Long Magazine 2 at the location where she ran from.

Episode 7, part 1 - On the way to the UAV, which is not timed even though they act as if you are under a time constraint. There are a couple routes you can take, if you go there through the Promenade you won't encounter Rachel, she's in the halls/rooms part of the ship. I believe I met her in the library on the first floor, but I hear she might be in other areas (or is able to follow you after you meet her again). Killing her gets you the illegal custom part Burst 4.

Episode 7 part 2 - In the later section of the timed part. In normal mode it starts you with 2 minutes from the save point, in hard you get 1 minute. There really isn't time to deal with her other than with high powered magnums on your second run through the game or using the rocket you find in the room, which I really don't advise using so lightly. If you kill her here you get the illegal custom part Bind 2.

Episode 10, part 1 - When playing as Parker. Again you have a couple choices on how to proceed, and Rachel is not on the Promenade, but in the normal room areas. I encountered her in the small museum-looking room with broken display cases, but again I think you can encounter her elsewhere too. It's a good idea to use the exploding ooze to deal extra damage to her, if you can...if you kill her here you get the illegal custom part Burst 6, which is incredible.

Basically whenever you are given the choice, do not go through the Promenade. It is only a place of sorrow and bitter tears.
And billions of ammo-wasting ooze and hunters later on.
This is even true of Raid Mode!

Speaking of this. Besides the 4 above mentioned encounters + the drop from the
chainsaw fatty with Rachel in 7-2
are there any other enemies who drop weapon customization parts?

Neiteio

Has anyone here conquered Ghost Ship who wants to help me get through it right now? I'm lv. 44 and was thinking the following would be a good route to take: Crew Quarters --> Flooded Bilge --> Casino --> Main Hall --> Cafeteria --> Bridge --> Deck. I really want to unlock the character tied to that level... Last time I got all the way to the final battle on the Deck and then my partner died. I would've been happy to retry but he left. :-\

My Friend Code is 3952-7030-5695.

Neiteio

Has anyone here conquered Ghost Ship who wants to help me get through it right now? I'm lv. 44 and was thinking the following would be a good route to take: Crew Quarters --> Flooded Bilge --> Casino --> Main Hall --> Cafeteria --> Bridge --> Deck. I really want to unlock the character tied to that level... Last time I got all the way to the final battle on the Deck and then my partner died. I would've been happy to retry but he left. :-\

My Friend Code is 3952-7030-5695.
Anyone?

Also, this is bizarre, but I just joined three games online, each with a different person listed as lv. 50 on the search screen, but lv. 1 ingame (despite having hours and characters clearly not available at lv. 1). And each time we played Ghost Ship, they immediately smash the first medal... What the hell??

Anyone?

Also, this is bizarre, but I just joined three games online, each with a different person listed as lv. 50 on the search screen, but lv. 1 ingame (despite having hours and characters clearly not available at lv. 1). And each time we played Ghost Ship, they immediately smash the first medal... What the hell??

Perhaps they are Lv 50 but selected to play at Lv 1 for some reason? Perhaps there is an exploit they are using in this way? *shrugs*

Incidentally, I played Raid mode stage number 8 for the first time tonight and found it really creepy. In a good way though :).

According to GameFAQs:

It's because of missions you can get once you've reached very late levels called infection missions, and to complete them you have to play with a certain number of other people with the same mission. The fastest way to do it is to go to ghost ship and smash the first medal to finish straight away, then leave the game, go to another one, rinse and repeat till you have your lvl 50 legendary or whatever. I agree trying to get a normal game on ghost ship can be difficult, but those infection missions would be a pain in the ass without this handy little shortcut.

Sucks.

By the way, everyone talking about Ghost Ship...is that Abyss Ghost Ship, or Ghost Ship on any difficulty? Even in easy mode, Ghost Ship is nasty?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
According to GameFAQs:

Sucks.

By the way, everyone talking about Ghost Ship...is that Abyss Ghost Ship, or Ghost Ship on any difficulty? Even in easy mode, Ghost Ship is nasty?

Ghost Ship only has one difficulty level. It exists separately.

Top Bottom