• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Anyone who wants to help me clear the Ghost Ship in raid mode (chasm). I'm level 24, so someone with a level close to that would be better.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
FINALLY finished this. Holy shit that was good!! :eek: The music toward the end of the game was far more epic than I've EVER heard in a RE! I kept asking myself "This is the portable spin-off right? Not RE6 right?", because it clearly had the same kind of budget and effort put into the game.

Though I admit when I saw TOSE's logo in the credits (among others) I couldn't help but think "Daaaaamn, they're good!" XD

markot

Banned
Do unlocks in mp carry into sp?

And yeah, pretty great game, im not very far though. But I hate the name terrarigriaiaia. Like did they put a cat on the keyboard to come up with a name >.>?

And the 3d in the game is amazing.

Do unlocks in mp carry into sp?

And yeah, pretty great game, im not very far though. But I hate the name terrarigriaiaia. Like did they put a cat on the keyboard to come up with a name >.>?

And the 3d in the game is amazing.

terra grigia means grey earth/land in Italian. It is almost painfull to listen to the german and english voice over trying to spell it.

Ridley327

Raid mode question.

Has anyone done the "do 500 mission" mission? If so how does it work?

Any mission counts towards the goal, including ammo drops for the story. Basically, you're going to end up playing online a lot if you want to populate your list for Raid, since it's the best method of getting bounties and infection missions. By the time you get that one to pop up, you'll probably be at level 50, so the bounties will already be quite beneficial since they're the best way to acquire level 50 weapons and rare custom parts.

Wizpig

Question time:

I unlocked
Norman in Raid mode.
Guess what though, i never met him in campaign mode (i'm at episode 8).

The game said i had all the secret weapons but... wtf? i have a secret Sniper (Muramasa or something), a secret long magnum and a secret rifle.

I'm sure i don't have more than 3-4 secret weapons... so wtf.

pa22word

Okay, I'm on about stage 8 in Abyss mode and am starting to get tired of the mode at this point because the enemies are just becoming bullet sponges... It's not "harder" (I've S ranked every stage but 1 or 2 thus far) than chasm and trench for the most part, just more tedious now that I have to unload 50 shells to down anything.

I'm probably going to give up on it at this point tbqh. My school's internet setup doesn't work with the 3DS' internet set-up, so no co-op to help alleviate the tedium

Meh. I still got 40 hours out of this game so I'm hardly complaining lol, but I just wish more thought was put into it instead of "make enemies take 4x as long to kill".

Hale-XF11

Revelaitons is #1. Hooray, Revelaitons!
revelaitons01.png

Just finished Episode 4. My finger has a big red indentation from where I was squeezing the right side on the 3DS too hard. Yeesh. That bitch be crazy.

I was like that early on too! :) The CPP helps.

How difficult is the no herb run on Casual?

Definitely do-able. I finished it last night and I wouldn't claim to be a gaming god to say the least! I found the hardest sections were when one was not feeling oneself, if you know what I mean :). However, patience and persistence overcame those sticking points. Even the final boss only killed me once IIRC. Oh and it only took me a couple of evenings but I did skip most of the cinematics and didn't scan unless I was looking for ammo.

What happens if you accidentally use an herb? Can you just restart checkpoint or do you have restart the entire playthrough?

I would restart to be safe. I accidentally used a herb last night so quit out of the game and re-started. Even when I finished it I wasn't sure if I had avoided buggering it all up and was pretty relieved when the message flashed up on the screen, after the end credits IIRC.

EDIT ~ I meant to say that it helps to turn off the game's auto save.

NeoRausch

I'm probably going to give up on it at this point tbqh. My school's internet setup doesn't work with the 3DS' internet set-up, so no co-op to help alleviate the tedium

Meh. I still got 40 hours out of this game so I'm hardly complaining lol, but I just wish more thought was put into it instead of "make enemies take 4x as long to kill".

1. if you are not playing this mode in co-op, then you are playing it wrong. just played a few rounds offline, loged on and never looked back. solo raid mode is pretty boresome while co-op ist just fantastic.

2. your statement about "just more hits"- enemies is just a plain lie...like...not true at all. there are more, different, new positioned and stronger enemies.

terra grigia means grey earth/land in Italian. It is almost painfull to listen to the german and english voice over trying to spell it.

tell me about it... Auf der Tährrahgridschia! :lol

1. if you are not playing this mode in co-op, then you are playing it wrong. just played a few rounds offline, loged on and never looked back. solo raid mode is pretty boresome while co-op ist just fantastic.

2. your statement about "just more hits"- enemies is just a plain lie...like...not true at all. there are more, different, new positioned and stronger enemies.

tell me about it... Auf der Tährrahgridschia! :lol

I have only played Raid mode solo so far [over 10 hours] and could not disagree more.

Will I enjoy online co-op Raid more? We'll see but I would gladly buy a Raid mode solo only 3DS release a la Mercenaries I enjoy it so much.

DNF

Raid mode question.

Has anyone done the "do 500 mission" mission? If so how does it work?

you just get another random weapon to buy in the shop. problem is even as level 50, i think you don't get level 50 weapons to buy. (Max for me was level 47/48 weapons i believe. At that level the shop is useless for new weapons imo, only with finished virus/rescue/ or kill specific enemies missions you can get level 50 weapons.

After you finish that mission, you get a "do 1000 missions" mission, which would get you another random weapon accessior to buy in the shop. i wonder what comes next

I would restart to be safe. I accidentally used a herb last night so quit out of the game and re-started. Even when I finished it I wasn't sure if I had avoided buggering it all up and was pretty relieved when the message flashed up on the screen, after the end credits IIRC.

EDIT ~ I meant to say that it helps to turn off the game's auto save.
Well how does one save if you turn off auto save? What if you die, won't you start at the very beginning of the chapter then?

NeoRausch

Well how does one save if you turn off auto save? What if you die, won't you start at the very beginning of the chapter then?
It asks you if you want to save and all the inbetween chapter savepoints turn into standard checkpoints.
so if you die youstart at a checkpoint, you quit out you restart at the beginning of the chapter.

but he's right, autosave is THE devil of a no herb-run! Turn it off!

pa22word

No it is not. Making one of the fish things take 10 shots to kill with my near 3k firepower handgun isn't challenging; it's just boring.

also, I find it odd you'd consider changing the proportions and/or movement speed of old enemies "new" enemies. They're not new, they're the same old same old just more annoying.

It asks you if you want to save and all the inbetween chapter savepoints turn into standard checkpoints.
so if you die youstart at a checkpoint, you quit out you restart at the beginning of the chapter.

Good to know, thanks. I'll be sure to do that after my Hell run.

Thanks weird, you saved me the trouble of trying to articulate it :).

It really is not a hassle Barrow Roll. The few times I had to restart from a save point I hardly had much to re-play to get back to the point I had reached previously. Given a choice between that or fubaring my no herb run it was an easy choice to make :).

Oh and the very first enemy in Hell mode put the willies right up me! It moved so quickly! It has got me playing very carefully and tacticly. Haven't had to use a herb yet though so it's not quite as intimidating as I first thought. I do have the first mission when I don't quite feel myself to do now though and I am not a great fan of that on any difficulty level.

ShinNL

Just started this game, went through 2 parts of the intro. Damnnnn, this game looks gooood. It seems to look a tad bit better than the demo somehow. I really like the 3D FMVs as well. What a quality game for a handheld. I'm really impressed. At one point I was just looking at the reflection of the shadow of my partner that's being casted by the flashlight.

NeoRausch

No it is not. Making one of the fish things take 10 shots to kill with my near 3k firepower handgun isn't challenging; it's just boring.

also, I find it odd you'd consider changing the proportions and/or movement speed of old enemies "new" enemies. They're not new, they're the same old same old just more annoying.
Well ig you need 10 shots too kill an enemies with 30 000 hp you're in for a treat anyway.

and about that second part: again...i just going to repeat myself but it's not the same stage just with more enemies and /or more health. There are new enemies, new amounts of enemies, new patterns of enemies AND they are stronger.

not just more bullet spongie as you declared it first.

Just started this game, went through 2 parts of the intro. Damnnnn, this game looks gooood. It seems to look a tad bit better than the demo somehow. I really like the 3D FMVs as well. What a quality game for a handheld. I'm really impressed. At one point I was just looking at the reflection of the shadow of my partner that's being casted by the flashlight.

You have so much fun ahead of you! :D

Went back to Raid mode tonight and died for the first time in ages! Trech Lv 7 Solo i.e. the one where you have to "Get to the choppa!" It was on the very last enermy too and only because I was stupidly being mean, trying to save using a herb. Found it easier but still tough the second time. What I like about it is that as I am getting better guns the enemies are getting tougher so I am having to use new tactics to cope. Hopefully I will feel the same way when I get past Trench!

Anteo

Thanks weird, you saved me the trouble of trying to articulate it :).

It really is not a hassle Barrow Roll. The few times I had to restart from a save point I hardly had much to re-play to get back to the point I had reached previously. Given a choice between that or fubaring my no herb run it was an easy choice to make :).

Oh and the very first enemy in Hell mode put the willies right up me! It moved so quickly! It has got me playing very carefully and tacticly. Haven't had to use a herb yet though so it's not quite as intimidating as I first thought. I do have the first mission when I don't quite feel myself to do now though and I am not a great fan of that on any difficulty level.

After a satisfying final boss fight I started Hell mode and.. I died on the First Ooze =/
Wow..

More agile and swift enemies are annoying????

Or maybe more difficult.

Kolgar

Just finished the main story... This is easily one of the most enjoyable games I can remember playing.

For me, the sky-high production values and eye-popping 3D on this little baby have put many big-budget console games to shame when I compare the entertainment I got from it, hour for hour and dollar for dollar.

And there's still all that Raid goodness ahead of me.

Thank you, Capcom. This game delivers!

Ridley327

By the by, is there a limit to how many bounties that can show up in a stage? I just did stage 19 and I think there was three I had picked up, but I checked my missions and found there was yet another one. We got the genocide bonus, so we definitely didn't miss him.

After a satisfying final boss fight I started Hell mode and.. I died on the First Ooze =/
Wow..
But you start off with all of your old weapons, the first Ooze should have been easy? I just beat
Mayday
and while he really took a beating, I'm not finding Hell mode to be too difficult. My Sniper and Hydra are one-shotting most Ooze and my G36 makes short work of most of them too.

Anteo

I just got to Episode 2 in Hell dificulty, and some things are a little diferent. I dont remember the first puzzle being other than easy, and the item you use in first part of the Jill section is in a diferent place. Also some more
dogs on the Chris survival section.

Edit :

But you start off with all of your old weapons, the first Ooze should have been easy? I just beat
Mayday
and while he really took a beating, I'm not finding Hell mode to be too difficult. My Sniper and Hydra are one-shotting most Ooze and my G36 makes short work of most of them too.

Well I wasn't expecting that ooze to be fast and hit hard, I think it only took 3 hits to kill me. And I was a little cocky I think. I wanted to take him down with my non upgraded pistol (I just reached the first storage and realized that my pistol was not upgraded).

I just got to Episode 2 in Hell dificulty, and some things are a little diferent. I dont remember the first puzzle being other than easy, and the item you use in first part of the Jill section is in a diferent place. Also some more
dogs on the Chris survival section.

Edit :

Well I wasn't expecting that ooze to be fast and hit hard, I think it only took 3 hits to kill me. And I was a little cocky I think. I wanted to take him down with my non upgraded pistol (I just reached the first storage and realized that my pistol was not upgraded).

Wait til you get to the
wolves when Chris and wounded

Those were wolves? I though they were dogs. Yep, Jessica was already down there, but they kept coming!

I meant
the dogs, they just look a bit menacing to be doggies

That part killed me and I gave up Hell Mode for the time being.

I could imagine later on in the game in that mode.

I like a challenge but that's not fun for me:[

Anteo

I meant
the dogs, they just look a bit menacing to be doggies

That part killed me and I gave up Hell Mode for the time being.

I could imagine later on in the game in that mode.

I like a challenge but that's not fun for me:[

I didn't find that part dificult. But I got lucky sniping some of them with my pistol before getting to the survival part. So I got there with extra ammo, herbs and bombs. I think it's better not to reload if there are enemies around, and use bombs or the knife to get a chance to reload.

I didn't find that part dificult. But I got lucky sniping some of them with my pistol before getting to the survival part. So I got there with extra ammo, herbs and bombs. I think it's better not to reload if there are enemies around, and use bombs or the knife to get a chance to reload.

I need to use the knife, I am shitty at it or neglect it.

Raid Mode solo is one of the only places I use it, it's at the end of the levels where I run out of ammo and spam the knife hoping the developers of the game have mercy on my desperate and pathetic soul.

JoeFu

Banned
Well just beat the game on Normal. Awesome stuff, last boss wasn't too hard after I found out what to do. Don't get the ending, but whatever it's Resident Evil. I never really paid attention to the plot.

Anybody up for raid mode? I only have chasm right now on stage 6. Do you unlock trench from completing all the stages on chasm?

OmegaZero

So are we to assume Morgan knew where the twin ships were, and he knew they were full of infected? And that O'Brian legitimately didn't know what was on the ships, only that they may have had ties to Morgan, and were thus worth investigating? And to put pressure on Morgan, O'Brian had all of these Veltro hideouts -- the ships with Jill and Parker, the mountain base with Chris and Jessica -- being investigated?

Morgan himself stated that the ships would serve as a controlled environment from which they could continue to study the effects of T-Abyss mutation. He's the one responsible for releasing all of the monsters into the ships, to wipe out evidence. I think it's safe to say that he knew where they were too, since he sent Raymond and Rachel to investigate (and also targeted the Zenobia with the Regia Solis).
O'Brian probably knew something was up, but without any prior evidence, I doubt he knew any specifics.

Top Bottom