• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Anteo

I need to use the knife, I am shitty at it or neglect it.

Raid Mode solo is one of the only places I use it, it's at the end of the levels where I run out of ammo and spam the knife hoping the developers of the game have mercy on my desperate and pathetic soul.

Well you know you can buy ammo at the store no? Since ammo carries over the next raid, it's pretty much necesary to restock and get bigger ammo packs.

I hardly use melee in raid, it does so little dmg...

Ridley327

Well you know you can buy ammo at the store no? Since ammo carries over the next raid, it's pretty much necesary to restock and get bigger ammo packs.

I hardly use melee in raid, it does so little dmg...

Melee is a lot more useful in Raid than you might think, especially if you can fully charge it. Certain characters can actually help get you a lot more breathing room because of their damage arc. Quint, in particular, can essentially give you a free grenade with his.

Ridley327

Does someone have a list of the levels and criteria to unlock the characters and outfits?

This is the character unlock list (spoilered just in case):

Chris, outfit 1 (Snow)-Clear episode 1-3 in the main game
Chris, outfit 2 (Ship)-Reach player level 30
Jessica, outfit 1 (Snow)-Reach player level 10
Jessica, outfit 2 (Ship)-Clear every stage on Trench difficulty
Jessica, outfit 3 (Terragrigia)-Reach player level 40
Jill, outfit 1 (Ship)-Clear episode 1-3 in the main game
Jill, outfit 2 (Beach)-Reach player level 5
Keith, outfit 1 (Snow)-Clear episode 4-6 in the main game
Keith, outfit 2 (HQ)-Clear 50 missions
Morgan-Find the real exit on stage 21
Norman-Obtain all rare weapons
O'Brian-Clear every stage on Abyss difficulty
Parker, outfit 1 (Ship)-Clear episode 1-3 in the main game
Parker, outfit 2 (Beach)-Reach player level 20
Parker, outfit 3 (Terragrigia)-Obtain one rare weapon
Quint, outfit 1 (Snow)-Clear 100 missions
Quint, outfit 2 (HQ)-Reach player level 50
Raymond-Clear every stage on Chasm difficulty

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Some dude helped me clear the Ghost Ship on Chasm. He was level 50, but holy hell, it was still difficult (for me at least). Does it have different enemy placement on the next difficulty level?

OmegaZero

No herb run coming along well. Got killed a few times in Chapter 9's comp defense bit. Any strategies?

Keep moving, constantly looking for enemies. Kill the Fenrir with your pistol or machine gun, then switch to your shotgun for the hunters. Use the rifle and magnums to clean up/take care of the Farfello.

If you're having trouble managing the crowds, then grab a rocket launcher or lure them past a explosive container.

Some dude helped me clear the Ghost Ship on Chasm. He was level 50, but holy hell, it was still difficult (for me at least). Does it have different enemy placement on the next difficulty level?

Ghost Ship only has one difficulty.

No. It's just something that should be done with someone around level 40 or higher. The last round of enemies are all level 50.

Just finished it: WOW, best RE since RE4. Perfect balance of old school RE (with modern gameplay mechanics) and actiony new RE. Game did drag abit for me in the middle, but from Chapter 8 to last really picked up. Really is a triumph to capture the essence of RE and distill into a potable version. Really want a sequel.

And holy crap at the ending credits scene does this mean
T-Abyss will make a return in RE6? And was I the only one who thought that was Wesker? (he wasnt sadly)

Anteo

Melee is a lot more useful in Raid than you might think, especially if you can fully charge it. Certain characters can actually help get you a lot more breathing room because of their damage arc. Quint, in particular, can essentially give you a free grenade with his.

Generally I do 1 or 2 Melee hits, and almost no knife swings, since I rely a lot in pistols and shotguns, and I cant get enemies to stagger as much as I'd like. But yes, If I get the chance to charge a melee, it's devastating

Just finished it: WOW, best RE since RE4. Perfect balance of old school RE (with modern gameplay mechanics) and actiony new RE. Game did drag abit for me in the middle, but from Chapter 8 to last really picked up. Really is a triumph to capture the essence of RE and distill into a potable version. Really want a sequel.

And holy crap at the ending credits scene does this mean
T-Abyss will make a return in RE6? And was I the only one who thought that was Wesker? (he wasnt sadly)

About the Endgame and
RE6 Trailer
Chris talks about a 'bitch' that's killing his entire squad. Around that part of the trailer, there is a B.O.W. exploding that looks alot like a exploding Ooze. So it's alot likely.

Generally I do 1 or 2 Melee hits, and almost no knife swings, since I rely a lot in pistols and shotguns, and I cant get enemies to stagger as much as I'd like. But yes, If I get the chance to charge a melee, it's devastating

About the Endgame and
RE6 Trailer
Chris talks about a 'bitch' that's killing his entire squad. Around that part of the trailer, there is a B.O.W. exploding that looks alot like a exploding Ooze. So it's alot likely.

Can someone explain Rachel to me? I mean, I remember seeing a trailer with her in it and her back story of how she was on the ship but actual ingame I cant remember anything about her until she
turns into a BOW

And could this "bitch" in RE6 be
Jessica?

Also now that Im done, whats the basics of RAID mode and best way to try that out?

Anteo

Can someone explain Rachel to me? I mean, I remember seeing a trailer with her in it and her back story of how she was on the ship but actual ingame I cant remember anything about her until she
turns into a BOW

About Rachel :
You witness her death near the end of the first Episode, she is killed in room by two ooze, and you get a key from her to get to the fake chris room. At this point, you don't know who is her. Later in the game, Raymond points out that her partner Rachel is missing, and Jill and Parker figure out that the death woman must be her. There is no more info about her in the game.

Jessica?

I think it's her. But we'll have to wait to find out.

Also now that Im done, whats the basics of RAID mode and best way to try that out?
Play in single player for a few stages and then try on line.
Basically you go from point A to point B in a stage to complete. Some stages may have another requirement, like killing a boss character like
Rache
to trigger the end of the stage. Most of the time there is no time limit,
unless the staged is based on a time limited stage from the campaing.

Take note that the store not only sells weapons, there are upgrades to defense, and extra ammo capacity there too. Also the ammo carries over to the next stage you play, so if you think you are going in with little ammo, you can replenish at the store too.

Succefully ending a stage will get you Experience points to level up your charater. A higher level means : Can equip higher level weapons. Deal extra damage with all weapons regardless of the level. So level up!

Edit : Spoiled the boss thath is also a Campaing Boss

Is it still possible to daze enemies via pistol shots to the arms in Hell difficulty? They just die before ever getting stunned, even with 200% Daze upgrade attached.

Anyone have any advice on how to dodge properly. I'm stuck in one part in campaign were you have to dodge and hell mode is not helping me out. I do as the in game hints tell me but it seems like it's just random luck whether you dodge or not.

Anyone have any advice on how to dodge properly. I'm stuck in one part in campaign were you have to dodge and hell mode is not helping me out. I do as the in game hints tell me but it seems like it's just random luck whether you dodge or not.

Don't aim, wait til your just about to be hit (just as they swing) and push up on the circle pad.. i get it 8/10 times now.. just be wary of distance. and it helps to be slightly off straight (not being directly in front of them)

i find waiting til they rush up to you "standing still", and just as they swing you get the dodge and time to get distance and more time for taking them down..

GeekyDad

Best way to farm herbs is to buy them in the shop. :p

Edit: i just re-read what you wrote. You can't use raid herbs for campain. Afaik.

Ah, okay. 'Cause I know there was one mission where you earn an herb for use in Campaign. I guess it's not something you can repeat, then?

NeoRausch

Ah, okay. 'Cause I know there was one mission where you earn an herb for use in Campaign. I guess it's not something you can repeat, then?
Oh yeah, missions! Haven't thought about that. You get these from streetpasses (and online matches which teh count as streetpass) but it pretty random. In the beginning it's mostly ammo. Once you've done them they are gone.

After a satisfying final boss fight I started Hell mode and.. I died on the First Ooze =/
Wow..

He's really quick and aggressive compared to how he is on the other two difficulty levels isn't he?! :) I'm not surprised you died with an non upgraded pistol! I had a nicely upgraded shotty and was waiting for him to appear and he still freaked me out! :)

Wait til you get to the
wolves when Chris and wounded

*winces* That's my next section :(. Oh well, at least I can use herbs this time! :)

No herb run coming along well. Got killed a few times in Chapter 9's comp defense bit. Any strategies?

Good man! By contrast to OmegaZero I backed myself into a corner and let them all come to me. It still took multiple attempts but that was what I was most comfortable with. I used the platform up the ladder straight ahead from when one enters that area. If you try this method though beware of the
hunters
who jump down with their back to you but immediately do a slash turn.

turns into a BOW

Jessica?

Anteo summed it up nicely :) but just remember that even when you clear a Mission you have to go into the Missions option to activate whatever you have unlocked to use it.

Also playing solo is a lot of fun so don't feel you have to do it co-op. I have cleared the first set of Raid mode stages all S rank and all Solo and am now on the second set of stages with the first six S ranked and only now starting to really struggle. So solo and/or co-op Raid mode at you pleasure :).

Anteo

Can I farm ammo in Raid for use in campaign?

I'm still stuck at the computer in level 9 (no herb run) and I am so close to beating it, just need a bit more ammo.

No, sorry, make sure to clear all your missions, maybe one of them will give you extra ammo. If it is a section that does not require to kill all enemies then just evade them.

GeekyDad

Well, just finished Episode 6. So far, the game just keeps getting better and better. I almost thought I was fucked. I was seeing black and white and had to
fend off that giant thing in the elevator. By the grace of the developers, there was some herbal goodness waiting for me at the top of the lift

I think I can see where the story's going -- heck, I have had my suspicions since very early on -- but I'm still very much enjoying how it's progressing in that sense too.

BTW, is it just me, or is Chris starting to look more and more like a B.O.W. himself...?

KevinCow

Banned
Is it possible to beat the shield guys without them going all electric? The last room in Laboratory locked me in a tiny room with a fast one who just stunlocked me to death.

Anustart

Is it possible to beat the shield guys without them going all electric? The last room in Laboratory locked me in a tiny room with a fast one who just stunlocked me to death.

You can blow their legs off first instead of their torso. Makes them crawl on the ground instead of turning into electric legs of death.

Can I farm ammo in Raid for use in campaign?

I'm still stuck at the computer in level 9 (no herb run) and I am so close to beating it, just need a bit more ammo.

Don't give up! Trust your instincts!

You know you can collect all the ammo in that area before you start the waves of enemies by flipping the switches, yes?

Also, remember you have your knife so if you are careful you can save some ammo by judicious use of that. Lastly, remember that there are several weapons scattered around the area which you can pick up, preferably in a lull between waves of enemies. Swapping out a weapon that is out or almost out of ammo would make most sense.

Perseverance furthers young padawan! If you get past that you probably won't have a harder sticking point before you finish it! :)

What missions? I only see raid ones that give ammo.

You know there are two blocks of 5x5 yes? The first block is missions purely for Campaign and the second block is missions purely for Raid. I got masses of extra ammo for Campaign from StreetPass hits.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but
isn't a Chasm deeper than a Trench?

Oh yes but the script/translation is hardly this game's strong point! It irritated me at first but now I regard it as part of the game's charm :).

Shock grenades really help or any kind of grenade really. If you can get behind it you can shoot their weak spot [their back] for massive damage. Also, they tend to move their shield around to see and will give you a small window to shoot them in the chest/abs or if fully covered up you might just be able to shoot them in the head.

Re-reading your question I think I misread it, sorry. A grenade will finish off the electric legs or a well aimed shotgun blast or even a better aimed pistol shot.

So wtf, I just went and bought this game from gamestop and while I was driving home I wondered to myself why they would take the plastic off new games, which I've noticed they've done with some other of my new games I bought from there.

Well to my surprise, once I started the game up and was ready to start a resident evil marathon, I notice there's already a fucking save file on the game that has 12 hours played! Say what?!

Unfortunately, GS is closed right now, but seriously, do they fucking resell used games as new? That shit pisses me off.

Yes, they do. It's why I stopped buying new games from them ages ago because they pulled the same crap on me.

Man fuck lamestop then. I wonder if I'll even be able to get an actually "new" copy from them. Regardless I'm taking it back, even if I don't know what good it'll do.

Effect

Did anyone ever get a response back from Capcom after emailing them about the replacement cover for the game? I still haven't. Gave my address right from the start. Do they want the serial number off the game or something to even respond?

branny

I finished the campaign on Normal yesterday and have been playing Raid (solo) all day so far. I really like it. I have a LOT of nitpicks, but the game is great.

Issues (spoilered for people who don't like seeing complaints):
-I don't like the Genesis. I personally am too OCD to view it as anything other than a hassle. I do have to say that it's smartly implemented and could've been far worse.
-The localization is rather spotty (occasional weird dialog, syntax errors, etc.).
-The story is weak; it did nothing for me. I don't have a problem with camp, but I didn't find anything about this story redeeming or entertaining. The episodic structure is fine, however, and it even trims some fluff that would've bogged the game down even more.
-The load stuttering when transitioning between certain areas is unacceptable.
-The mini-map is laggy. This gets annoying when speeding through confusing areas as you have to wait for it to refresh in order to accurately determine your position.
-Most of the FMVs/CGs are encoded poorly. It's distractingly bad. At least their sound quality is decent.
-Speaking of sound quality, it still sucks that quite a few major sound effects are low quality samples.
-The save system is cruddy. This game needed a manual save. Relying on odd mid-episode autosaves is horrible, especially when one takes place before scavenging an area. Died? Time to tediously scan and collect everything all over again.
-The lack of in-game lipsynching seriously bothers me, especially for a game with otherwise stellar production values.
-The "jelly vision" is so bad. The screen turns red AND desaturates. Ugh!
-Dodging is usually fine, but its implementation is a bit too finicky for my tastes.
-Some stuff in this game is not explained well. (i.e. "you can charge your melee attack?!")
-Some character and outfit designs are of questionable quality.

I do think that, for the most part, Revelations is finely tuned. And I'm extremely surprised that the game is actually often tense and atmospheric. Certain sections are harrowing, whether they be the situations you're put in or the claustrophobic environments.

Aesthetically, most enemies are a bit generic, but, functionally, they are designed well and are pleasantly responsive when being shot at. There are quite a few interesting systems in place (stun thresholds, weak points, tripping, etc.), and these become even more apparent as you spend more and more time in Raid Mode.

Speaking of that, I'm pleasantly surprised by how addictive and cathartic that mode is. It's not Mercs, but I'm seriously not sure which is better--I like both equally as of now. Maybe Mercs has more longevity in terms of score hunting, but whatever. Raid Mode is one hell of an extra.

Oh, and I haven't spent time with Hell yet, but if it's like the demo at all (completely different item and enemy locations), it's icing on the cake. Looking at the missions, it's amazing to get rewarded for accomplishing certain things in the game and having legitimate reasons to go through the campaign multiple times.

I can totally understand why people are ranking this right under RE4. It's so good.

GSR

Just finished Chapter 10. Loving this game so much, though it crashed when I picked up a second rocket launcher at the start of Chapter 11, haha.

Teknoman

You just hit join and it searches for a list of players. You can chose the difficulty, stage, etc. as search parameters.

Er, I don't know how MK works.

I mean 3DS friends list shows someone else playing, and through touching/pressing A on their name, you can join their game (lobby) in progress (like joining some from the 360 dashboard or Steam friend list).

Top Bottom