• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

So I bought this on release day, the season pass. But I bought it for ps3 by accident on the web store.

Will it ever be cross buy or am I just screwed? I'd like to play it on ps4.

joe2187

Banned
So I bought this on release day, the season pass. But I bought it for ps3 by accident on the web store.

Pre-order cross buy only. so nope.

You could ask for a refund from PSN and get a retail copy if you can actually contact Sony.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I think you're basically screwed, you could try to contact PSN support and try to get them to refund you and then use the PSN credit to buy the PS4 version?

But I don't think RER2 will have cross buy for non preorders or it would already be announced.

I think you're basically screwed, you could try to contact PSN support and try to get them to refund you and then use the PSN credit to buy the PS4 version?

But I don't think RER2 will have cross buy for non preorders or it would already be announced.

That's really dumb. I guess I'll suffer through the ps3 version. The frame rate is quite bad.

Zambatoh

I don't know how people keep getting the bad ending.
I didn't even know you could
kill Neil with Claire
The moment the Switch Character button popped up, I pretty much assumed that it was mandatory for Moira to shoot the living crap out of him.

Elija2

So I figured out what was causing my stuttering issues: if I tether my phone to my laptop through USB it causes the game to lag. No idea why, but I had a similar problem with Borderlands 2.

Reebot

kill Neil with Claire
The moment the Switch Character button popped up, I pretty much assumed that it was mandatory for Moira to shoot the living crap out of him.

The first time through I mashed X real hard and triggered the kill for Claire pretty much right as the switch character prompt came up. Fortunately that fight's awesome so I didn't mind a second run.

Its pretty easy to blow right by the good ending and that's probably the biggest design flaw with the game. The good ending is just perfect, while the bad end kind of leaves you with this "oh ok" feeling. Game's amazing, it would suck to be let down.

SeanTSC

You need to go back and get the good ending, most of the reviewers got the bad ending and were disappointed in it as well and it really hurt the games overall review score.

The good ending is one one of the best climaxes in all of RE history franchise, it's super satisfying.

Any reviewer who marked this game down because they got the "bad ending" is extremely unprofessional.

The game gives you a ton of time to switch to Moira. A ton. You'd have to be just mindlessly smashing buttons before the prompt even appears to trigger Claire's action without noticing you can switch to Moira. Not to mention it's really easy to switch endings and see the other and is absolutely not so time consuming that it should get points knocked off for it.

It's one thing for a random, regular person to miss it, but a reviewer should know better. It's their job to know stuff like hey, this game has multiple endings.

Zambatoh

They way that whole scene plays out, I thought it seemed pretty obvious they were pulling a
Piers Nivans
on us given that this is a perfect mirror of what they pulled in RE6.

Any reviewer who marked this game down because they got the "bad ending" is extremely unprofessional.

It's one thing for a random, regular person to miss it, but a reviewer should know better. It's their job to know stuff like hey, this game has multiple endings.

Eh. To be fair, Capcom never advertised that this game had multiple endings. We haven't had a multi-ending RE since the original trilogy or possibly the PS2 era spin-offs.

SeanTSC

Eh. To be fair, Capcom never advertised that this game had multiple endings. We haven't had a multi-ending RE since the original trilogy or possibly the PS2 era spin-offs.

It doesn't matter, it's still a reviewers job to know it, or at least notice - well, that was abrupt, did I do something wrong? Is that it? Is there something else? It seems like some people didn't even ask themselves basic questions like that and rushed a review out slamming it.

Risible

kill Neil with Claire

The first prompt you get is to mash A. If (like me) you just start mashing it quickly you never even see the
Y prompt to switch to Moira and never realize you have another choice.

Risible

The game gives you a ton of time to switch to Moira. A ton. You'd have to be just mindlessly smashing buttons before the prompt even appears to trigger Claire's action without noticing you can switch to Moira. Not to mention it's really easy to switch endings and see the other and is absolutely not so time consuming that it should get points knocked off for it.

While I agree that a reviewer should ask themselves "Is that really it?", I disagree with your sentiment about having a lot of time to make a choice.

I assumed that it was a pass/fail quicktime event and mashed the shit outta A when the prompt came up because I thought I would die otherwise. It's not a crazy assumption in the context of video games or even the RE franchise, which had plenty of insta-death cutscenes in past installments.

Pilgrimzero

It's a very tense moment and as far as I knew time was of the essence.

I mashed buttons until I saw the switch character prompt. I went to Moira and was given no more prompts. I again mashed buttons and nothing happened until the SWITCH CHARACTERS button reappeared. Oh maybe it was just a quick Moira POV thing. I switch back (incredible worried Neil is about to kill Claire (time issue!) where I again mash buttons and she grabs the gun and kills him.

The game doesn't give you any information short of "switch character", "switch again?".

It would have been better for Capcom to perhaps immediately auto-switch to Moira to better get their point across.

It's completely miss-able and even worse its after perhaps the longest stage in the game.

SeanTSC

The first prompt you get is to mash A. If (like me) you just start mashing it quickly you never even see the
Y prompt to switch to Moira and never realize you have another choice.

You must press it ridiculously fast, because that never happened to me a single time even when I was purposely trying to get the Bad Ending for faster Chapter 4 runs.

Zambatoh

I guess it could just be years of practice doing QTE's that have made me very snappy when it comes to on screen prompts. Of course no one should be mashing buttons that fast anyway, unless you want to break your controller.

Risible

You must press it ridiculously fast, because that never happened to me a single time even when I was purposely trying to get the Bad Ending for faster Chapter 4 runs.

Ok, now you're gonna make me replay that episode to see if I'm crazy :).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Another thing to consider is this is partially pushed as a co-op game and that segment is possibly even more obtuse there, as
it would make the Claire player absolutely beat out the Moira one

SeanTSC

How did so many people get the bad ending? That sequence isn't easy to fail.

I don't know, unless you purposely went in and turned tutorial messages off. I think the character switch prompt doesn't pop up if you do. From the sounds of it though most people kept them on.

And if it's on, it's pretty intuitive. It gives you plenty of time to switch (unless you have super mashing fingers, apparently). And
You go oh hey, I'm Moira now, hrm, she's too far from the gun, I'm going to press up on the stick to crawl to it, oh she's having flashbacks, this is a character moment, I should keep going, etc.

Regardless, my original point was - any reviewer who marks it down because they got the Bad Ending without exploring that there's a Good Ending, which takes a 30 minute run on casual to switch to tops, is not doing their job very well. A Professional Reviewer should never mark a game down in points because they did not know about an extremely simple option, that changes the game's ending immensely, because they rushed a review out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If you don't suck at videogames and don't fail the QTE,
you never see the prompt to switch

Sorry I'm not bad at games, or that I didn't live in spoiler threads or on a wiki before I played the game.

Far as I'm concerned, bad ending is
the true ending. Because it is the default ending for anyone actually quick enough on the first meaningful QTE

Edit: Btw for the record, I am actually kinda bad at videogames, so this just makes it worse.

Manu

Nah, the prompt comes on almost immediately.

I switched to Moira as soon as the game told me but switched back to Claire for some reason. But it's right there and impossible to miss.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

The prompt for me appeared in like 2 seconds, I was about to start mashing E and then it just said "switch characters" so I did and then yeah that was that. I didn't even know there were 2 endings until I came here afterwards.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
My first ending is the good ending and I wasn't even trying.

the ending of Moira's extra episode tie in to the good ending too. So for those who get the bad ending, Moira's never overcome her fear of gun?

I know it's dramatic and all, but claire's chopper being the first and only chopper to show up with the reinforcement coming in like 20 mins later is weird. What were Barry and the bsaa doing during the 6 months?

That whole QTE thing was poorly implemented that's all there is to it. In my case I didn't know there was a choice because the game doesn't make it clear. Do you know how many games have had a section of a QTE where you just can't pass it? Here's what I thought was gonna happen.
Claire would struggle to pick up the gun by mashing the X button, then you would be forced to switch to Moira to reach for the gun.
If it's such a big character moment, then why make it a choice? That's just plain dumb.

SeanTSC

Sorry I'm not bad at games, or that I didn't live in spoiler threads or on a wiki before I played the game.

Far as I'm concerned, bad ending is
the true ending. Because it is the default ending for anyone actually quick enough on the first meaningful QTE

Edit: Btw for the record, I am actually kinda bad at videogames, so this just makes it worse.

Please imply that I suck at video games. I was the second person in the world (the first was a Japanese tag), on the PS4, according to the global rankings board at the time, to beat No Escape, and I S'd it in my first go (except Chapter 2 Barry, missed more than I thought). I easily Platinum'd this game and thought Invisible Enemy and Countdown modes were a breeze. I am by no means great, but I'm good enough to do that.

And that prompt was on the screen for quite more than enough time. I also had no idea there was a good ending until Episode 4 came out. I got it intuitively. Regardless of all of that, not my job to know that. It's a reviewers job to know that before they mark a game down in score for getting the Bad Ending. It's not a normal person's job to know that, but it sure as fuck is a reviewers to thoroughly review a game.

Kuraudo

Banned
It used to be pretty common for games to lock their true endings behind a second playthrough. Even in the first Resident Evil, unless you were using a guide, you probably wouldn't rescue everyone the first time. It feels like Rev 2 has been designed so that most people will miss the good ending, ask "is that it?", and then go back to figure out what they did wrong.

Evolved1

Nah, the prompt comes on almost immediately.

I switched to Moira as soon as the game told me but switched back to Claire for some reason. But it's right there and impossible to miss.

Is it a game tip? Because I probably have that turned off. I honestly do not recall seeing a prompt. If so, then I guess yeah that's on me.

But the reason it annoyed me so, is because I don't recall seeing anything like that. I got a QTE, I passed it.

Manu

If it's such a big character moment, then why make it a choice?

So you can have two endings. Duh.

Seriously now, they probably didn't think people would make such a big deal about the endings thing.

It's a short game, they must've thought people would be like "oh, so I guess this isn't the full ending? What did I miss?" and that would be it.

SeanTSC

You know not a single professional reviewer in the world does this right?

An extra 30 minutes of your time, in a short game, is not asking too much of a reviewer to be more thorough. Come on. This isn't like telling them to put 120 hours into it. But stopping for a second and going "Hey, is something wrong here?" is some basic shit. You are unprofessional if you can't devote 30 more minutes and don't ask yourself questions about the game and just rush out a score. Sorry, but that's a bullshit thing to miss in a game of this length and is NOT asking too much.

GSR

Re: the ending-deciding QTE: when I first played it I switched to Moira only to be told to switch back to Claire by the game. My guess is it just shows the switch prompt after a set amount of time, which is kind of poorly designed if so.

Evolved1

3 seconds.

That's how long the first QTE hangs before the prompt to switch. lol.

Zambatoh

Claire's Episode 3 is quite daunting to run through. Even if it only takes half an hour, you still have to jump back to Barry's episode 4, which also takes quite a while to finish.

No professional reviewer is gonna bother with that. Especially if the terms of the ending were never made clear in the first place.

Evolved1

Claire's Episode 3 is quite daunting to run through. Even if it only takes half an hour, you still have to jump back to Barry's episode 4, which also takes quite a while to finish.

No professional reviewer is gonna bother with that.

I'd argue they shouldn't be expected to. This is on the devs imo. Especially since the QTE comes up first. They hid the true ending. It's the devs' fault.

They must not have thought it very important.

Can anyone please help?
I've just got this on ps4 and the aiming is a little off with what i think is called deadzone...
Any tips or solution for this, it's similar to uncharted 3 before the patch but not quite as bad.
Can someone please post good settings for me to try out?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
My own episode 3 moment

I was definitely mashing as Claire when I suddenly saw the prompt to switch.

& then it just clicked, I thought "this is supposed to be Moira's big moment." I had been expecting something like that for her. It all seemed very intuitive to me

But seeing all the folks that didn't get it, maybe that was just luck on my part.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Can anyone please help?
I've just got this on ps4 and the aiming is a little off with what i think is called deadzone...
Any tips or solution for this, it's similar to uncharted 3 before the patch but not quite as bad.

Both auto-aim and camera acceleration have some pretty big consequences. Might want to mess with them

Crap double-post. sorry

Evolved1

#badendingiscanon.

Can anyone please help?

Disable fast aim in the options. "fast aim" is basically aim acceleration.

SeanTSC

No professional reviewer is gonna bother with that.

Yeah, let's just not bother exploring other game options or modes and bum rush through single player and just write about that experience only. Let's not talk about replay value or unlockables.

No, that's bullshit and not indicative of the game's quality at all.

Neiteio

Can anyone please help?
On PS4, for camera controls, I go invert, invert, 3, 3, standard, standard. That may sound slow, but it's tight and precise with all the speed I need.

Zambatoh

Yeah, let's just not bother exploring other game options or modes and bum rush through single player and just write about that experience only. Let's not talk about replay value or unlockables.

No, that's bullshit and not indicative of the game's quality at all.

Yep. You just described every professional review I've ever read.

My own episode 3 moment

I was definitely mashing as Claire when I suddenly saw the prompt to switch.

& then it just clicked, I thought "this is supposed to be Moira's big moment." I had been expecting something like that for her. It all seemed very intuitive to me

But seeing all the folks that didn't get it, maybe that was just luck on my part.

Nope. I thought that was exactly what they were going for. It was basically mirroring
Piers' ending in RE6.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

No professional reviewer is gonna bother with that. Especially if the terms of the ending were never made clear in the first place.

I would also say it isn't very clear that this is how this would even mechanically work. Even in this thread it was asked a lot if you could just replay the claire ep then jump to the final barry one, without a confirmation I would guess most people would have replayed everything after that point.

Not to defend reviewers or anything. I just think this is a pretty poorly designed section.

I wouldn't be surprised if reviews didn't even catch the interplay between claire/barry beforehand like not using the flame statue or
killing pedro early
in episode 2.

Good ending method just seems common sense to me.
Claire is pinned, gun out of reach, switch character prompt...you switch and the gun is out of reach...

...move towards it maybe? Like, did people expect to gun to come to Moira as if by magic and failing that switched back to Claire?

Top Bottom