• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
acaiyv.jpg

Developer: Capcom Co., Ltd.

Release Dates:
  • JP Retail - September 8, 2011

• NA PS3 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
  • NA PS3 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)

• NA 360 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
  • NA 360 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)

• EU PS3 - September 21, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
  • EU PS3 - September 28, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)

• EU 360 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
  • EU 360 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)

Platforms:
PlayStation® 3, PlayStation® Network, Xbox 360®, Xbox 360® Games on Demand

Prices:
¥4,490, $19.99 (each), €19.99 (each), £15.99 (each), 1600 MSP (each)

Genre:
  • Resident Evil 4: Survival Horror, Third-person shooter
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X: Survival Horror, Adventure

Summary:
  • Resident Evil 4:
The game is set in the year 2004, with Racoon City having been destroyed under orders from the U.S. government, after the company Umbrella set an experiment that caused major incidents. Leon S. Kennedy was recruited by the U.S. Secret Service after they learned of his involvement within Raccoon City. Leon is sent on a mission to rescue Ashley Graham, the President's daughter, who has been kidnapped by a mysterious cult.[8] Leon travels to a rural village in Europe, where he encounters a horde of violent villagers who pledge their lives to Los Illuminados ("The Enlightened Ones" in Spanish), the cult that has kidnapped Ashley.

• Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
The game begins with Claire Redfield raiding an Umbrella Corporation facility in Paris in search of her brother, Chris Redfield. During the infiltration she is captured and imprisoned on Rockfort Island. Soon after arriving, a man named Rodrigo Juan Raval releases her from her cell, since she is not much of a threat considering the outbreak of the T-virus on Rockfort. Trying to escape from the contaminated island, Claire teams up with inmate Steve Burnside, at the same time being confronted with the island's commander Alfred Ashford. Meanwhile, Albert Wesker is on a mission of his own to retrieve a sample of the T-Veronica virus developed by Alfred's twin sister Alexia. His unit is also responsible for the outbreak of the T-virus on Rockfort Island.

Videos
Resident Evil 4 HD Reveal Trailer
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD Reveal Trailer

Screenshots:
  • Resident Evil 4:
4Ka5t.jpg

Up0DZ.jpg

• Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
TNoLL.jpg

ZGGM5.jpg

Free Avatars:
21aable.jpg
29vmexh.jpg

2mfempx.jpg
33v26n8.jpg

What relevant changes have been made?
Credits to Prime Blue
EDyIF.gif

xDmE7.gif

Dynamic Lighting has been added to REC:VX.

What the superior Japanese buyers get:
ztygox.jpg

Controls:
Xbox 360
RE4HD360controls.jpg

FAQs:
Does Resident Evil 4 have Separate Ways, Ada's Report, and The Mercenaries?
Yes

How can I get these games cheaper?
You can purchase a PS+ membership worth $17.99 for 3 months and get 50% for RE4 and CVX. If you add it all up, you'll only spend around $37.99 as opposed to $39.98. Plus you'll get Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis for free.

Which version is this based on (GC/PS2/PC)?
Gamecube version.

Are there differences between 360 and PS3?
The loading times are slightly faster in the 360. Graphically there's almost no difference

What's this about missing effects/problems?
- No bump maps
- Some voiceovers sound "compressed" (not much in the cutscenes but rather when they mention their sidelines).
- Minor slowdown

Is there really slowdown? How much?
There will be a slight slowdown during fights with a lot of Ganados and by using a shotgun. Probably unnoticeable to the common eye.

Is this better than emulating it with Dolphin?
The Dolphin version definitely looks better, but that doesn't mean the PS3/360 version looks ugly!

How does it look like compared to the PS2/Wii/GC versions?
Here you go!

Is it region free?
The 360 version is not region-free.
The PS3 version is region-free.​

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
PairOfFilthySocks said:
So it's a definite no on retail for Europe/US?

Yup, no retail on US/EU.

ULTROS!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
When a game is $19.99 on the US PS Store, what is it's equivalent on the UK one in £? Can't remember what the amount is.

£15.99

PairOfFilthySocks said:
Drat. And the Japanese version has no English text or anything?

AFAIK, the voices are in English but the text is in Japanese.

StuBurns

Banned
JustAnotherOtaku said:
When a game is $19.99 on the US PS Store, what is it's equivalent on the UK one in £? Can't remember what the amount is.
They'll probably be £15ish. It's actually about £12.50 in conversion.

ULTROS! said:
AFAIK, the voices are in English but the text is in Japanese.

Eh? What kind of butt-backwards logic is that? Although now that I think about it, Resi 4 doesn't rely on a terribly large amount on text.

I dunno, call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my games/movies on a disc and in a box.

Edit: Just saw the special edition. Y u no love me Capcom?

I think i'll only get CVX. It seems like a no brainer:

It and RE0 are the only major ones in the series that i've not played.

There seems to be a lot more work going into it with the new lighting effects. RE4 on the other hand looks... like RE4 in HD. I can already get that with Dolphin emulation and the PC version.

I already have enough points too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RE5 defaulted to the text of the proper region depending on what your console settings were, hope they do the same here.

Kuraudo

Banned
Any word on what type of DRM Capcom are putting on the PS3 versions? That's the deal breaker for me.

Prices are a joke, especially as they're DL only, but I'm prepared to grin and bear it if there's no always-online crap going on.

Blablurn

Kuraudo said:
Any word on what type of DRM Capcom are putting on the PS3 versions? That's the deal breaker for me.

Prices are a joke, especially as they're DL only, but I'm prepared to grin and bear it if there's no always-online crap going on.

came into the thread with the same question

EvaTType01

Neo Member
I would be all over the limited edition box If i can get it, seems like you can only get it from a capcom sotre.

I recently played the wii game darkside chronicles and umbrella chronicles, so i wont be getting code veronica. Played Re4 to death on both ps2 and GC, so this will be another welcome playthrough!

Aru said:
I will buy RE4 only on those conditions:
- Disc release with CVX
- Move patch
or both.

wow, i knew they werent gonna do move implementation lol.

ULTROS!

PairOfFilthySocks said:
Edit: Just saw the special edition. Y u no love me Capcom?

The inferior non-Japanese buyers won't be able to get RE1, RE2, and RE3 PSX (which is of course backwards compatible on a JP PS3) that's included in the 15th Anniversary Collection. :p

Magnus

Shiggy said:
Looks really good, here's the Wii version as a comparison:
res4wii6pwo.jpg

I don't know what this is, but the Wii version doesn't even look close to that.

Also, seconded on the Move question; is there support for Move in RE4?

lljride

Shit, I completely forgot these were coming out. I might hold off until there's a PS+ discount. Way too many other games coming out in Sept, otherwise both would've been day 1.

Curufinwe

mozfan12 said:
Overpriced, but I just love the idea of having RE4 on my hard drive ready to play anytime that I feel the urge to.

Especially since The Mercenaries is supposed to have online leaderboards.

ULTROS!

21aable.jpg
29djm9y.jpg
29vmexh.jpg

2mfempx.jpg
33v26n8.jpg
2wr3rk3.jpg

Has anyone confirmed whether the Japanese version will have English language options? I don't really want to DL the games, but I'd consider importing.

ULTROS!

Boney said:

Tis my favorite, someone adopt him please.

Also Ashley for the lulz

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Boney said:
What I wouldn't do for RE4 and a quick weapon select instead of menu managment.

*sigh*

I wouldn't want to get rid of the whole attache case system, but quick select for weapons would be a godly upgrade to the game. Just pure streamlining without affecting balance.

edit: Oh shit, just realized I actually use the d-pad to aim in this game! But for normal people, this would be a good change.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
so1337 said:
What? Why did you run that screenshot through a photoshop filter? Is this supposed to be some kind of troll?

Isn't it a reference to the original comparison shots released by Capcom that looked like they must have been tampered with in some way?

Top Bottom