• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

re4funny1.jpg

Will be pickin CVX for sure, one of my favourites. Dunno about 4 since the wii controls are pretty good.

so1337

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Isn't it a reference to the original comparison shots released by Capcom that looked like they must have been tampered with in some way?
God, I hope so.

Anyway, buying RE4 Day 1. The thing that's really sold me on this version (aside from the upresing) is that Leon can apparently wear his jacket throughout the entire game. Hell yeah!

EvaTType01

Neo Member
I can confirm that screenshot is from the wii version indeed.........^_~

importing from japan has ben quite expensive lately along with shipping and the dollar value going down causes the yen to explode to enourmous amounts when paying at checkout. I guess I will settle with the DL version, i just dont understand capcom's thinking on some of these things. They would release a Disc version of SF4:AE, but not a full blown game like RE4? argh....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Smision said:
wow @ the lack of excitement for 4 in favor of CVX...was this board invaded by classic RE purists?

CVX is a little more appealing to me since I've never played it, while I've played RE4 a bazillion times. I might still get RE4 just to have it on PS3, but $20 is a bit steep for a game I bought on Wii for $5 over a year ago.

Smision said:
wow @ the lack of excitement for 4 in favor of CVX...was this board invaded by classic RE purists?
Well 4 has been released for every console in existence so there might be some fatique. Also CVX clearly gets bigger benefit from the upgrade.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Smision said:

Maybe it's because REC:VX had "fewer" and earlier releases (DC, GC, PS2) as compared to RE4 (GC, Wii, iPhone, PS2, PC, Mobile Phones), which were released later (2005 and beyond)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I always wanted Code Veronica when I was a young Dreamcast fanboy, but my mom wouldn't let me play M rated games. :(

Hopefully she will give me permission to play it this time around.

Graphics in CV are really showing their age. Nice that they improved the lighting, though.

I'll probably buy it as I never did complete it on the Dreamcast. Gave up shortly after the Alaska bit because it was too hard :(

burgerdog

Oh, that's good that it's coming out in Japan first. By the time they're out in the US we'll know for sure if they're worth it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will be buying and playing the living SHIT out of these games.

RE4 and CVX = BEST FUCKING REs

Let's GO

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh shit, I need some help...

1: What's the best place to buy the japanese version from? Fuck digital versions.

2: It'll be English voices, 100% Japanese text right?

edit: I want to buy this exact version. Anyone?

ztygox.jpg

The_Monk

One of the few games I would love to play with the Move, RE4 that's how I finish RE5.

And why that Japanese version is impossible for me to get...bah... =/

Ken

Might double dip on RE4 since I loved it on the Gamecube, although Gears 3 comes out on the same day. D:

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
StuBurns said:
Isn't this the going rate for HD ports? Most of those PS3 collections are two games for $40 right?

I don't know if it's most, but GOW, Team Ico, and Silent Hill collections are. Sly, PoP, and Tomb Raider are 3 games for $40 and prices have already come down. Tomb Raider collection is $20 at Amazon (US) right now.

In any case, I have no problem paying 20 bucks for RE4, but if I had just bought it on Wii a few years ago I might feel more hesitant, I guess.

It's true that for download only, Capcom could knock a couple bucks of the price, but instead they gave us some bullshit about how much MORE it would have cost on a disc.

Raziel

StuBurns said:
Isn't this the going rate for HD ports? Most of those PS3 collections are two games for $40 right?
i think the important thing to keep in mind with those though, is market forces will drive those collections down to $20 (god of war c for example); thats not likely to happen with digital though.

Yoshichan

Oh my God, trying to find the RE Anniversary Edition... where do I start looking?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ShockingAlberto said:
Sorry if it's been asked, but does anyone know if RE4 and CVX on XBL are going to be Arcade games or Games on Demand games?

I remember hearing they will be on GoD since they're too big for XBLA.

RedSwirl

Yoshichan said:
Oh shit, I need some help...

1: What's the best place to buy the japanese version from? Fuck digital versions.

2: It'll be English voices, 100% Japanese text right?

edit: I want to buy this exact version. Anyone?

ztygox.jpg

No RE game has ever had Japanese voices recorded for it. The JP versions are always English voices with Japanese subtitles. What I would like to know about though is English text.

If I could be an SE of RE4 by itself on 360 and it had English text, and wasn't region-coded, I'd do it. Otherwise I think I'm fine with XBLA. Like Xenoblade, they probably just couldn't economically justify a Western retail release.

Yoshichan

BeautifulMemory said:
Play Asia and ncsx
Thanks! I've put Playasia and NCSX on my front page so everytime I start my browser I'll see if they have them in stock :)

I'm definitely willing to pay $300 for this.

Napalm_Frank said:
Well 4 has been released for every console in existence so there might be some fatique. Also CVX clearly gets bigger benefit from the upgrade.

graphical benefit. the game is still boring as all hell and that's not a unique opinion to me, so i'm not trolling...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
ShockingAlberto said:
Sorry if it's been asked, but does anyone know if RE4 and CVX on XBL are going to be Arcade games or Games on Demand games?

Games on Demand. Both games will have a 1000G.

I don't know if I'll buy either for a while. They're both too fresh in my mind, even though I haven't played CVX for a long time. Stupid good memory :/

Yoshichan said:
Thanks! I've put Playasia and NCSX on my front page so everytime I start my browser I'll see if they have them in stock :)

I'm definitely willing to pay $300 for this.

NCSX is especially excellent if you live on the East Coast

Top Bottom