• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

Dreamer RD

I read somewhere (probably here on GAF), that capcom gonna make Mercenaries mode for RE4 available for money as DLC. True?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
ace3skoot said:
will RE4 HD support move?

i love RE4 on Wii.

No.

The only "new" thing in this collection/digital releases is the dynamic lightning in REC:VX.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ULTROS! said:
You know, I thought they just pasted Leon's head on to some random PS1 game, guess I was wrong though. How is RE: Degenerations for the iPhone? It looks like a PS1 version of RE4.
Awful, based on the demo. It's an older iPhone game that doesn't attempt to take advantage of modern hardware so it looks terrible and features extremely poor controls. Most of Capcom's iPhone efforts have been pretty shoddy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Calavera520 said:
her tits were always huge.

I always thought Ashely was some innocent 17 year old kid
until she hinted about wanting to have sex with Leon in the ending

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ULTROS! said:
You call that a hint? She was practically begging for it. :p

atre324

So the Japanese version of this is going to have English VAs with JP subtitles, I guess that means that the only question is what language the menus are in for the Asian/Hong Kong Version.

Is it true that games out there are a total crapshoot as to what language you get? I mean I've bought HK games on playasia that have english, so there's a chance that this version of RE might have English text/menus right?

Eurocult

Would have preferred a disc version too, but i have to admit it's gonna be pretty cool to have RE1, RE2, RE3, RE:CVX, & RE4 on my PS3 Hard drive ready to go at any time.

bumpkin

Dreamer RD said:
I read somewhere (probably here on GAF), that capcom gonna make Mercenaries mode for RE4 available for money as DLC. True?
I wouldn't be surprised if they did that... They've done stranger things.

Luigi87

ULTROS! said:

Spoilers are exactly what needs to be patched in the PS3 release.
Kind of.

HYDE

Banned
Why didn't Capcom just bundle Resident Evil 4 with Devil May Cry 1 and 3, and call it the Fuck Awesome/Best We Ever Were As A Company Edition.

I almost have enough points for CV in Xbox Live, so I'm ready. The release dates are weird, though. I can't play it for almost a month and already there's an OT (for early importers?). I hope the porting is good.

How do you get Rank A in Code: Veronica? IIRC it was limited saves and sprays but its so long ago now when I last played it.

Also I thought Professional mode on RE4 was tough, I think I got stuck in it actually.

ULTROS!

KennyLinder said:
How do you get Rank A in Code: Veronica? IIRC it was limited saves and sprays but its so long ago now when I last played it.

- You can't save
- You can't retry
- You have to do everything right
save Steve, give hemostatic medicine, etc.
- You can't use the first-aid spray
- You have to complete the game under 4 and 1/2 hours

I'm not sure about the saving though.

problem with a no death run in CV is that there are some cheap death spots in that game, especially part mid way through with claire and steve, FUCK THAT

ULTROS!

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Actually how are the CVX analog tank controls? Is the d-pad still preferable? Because i'm wanting to pick this up on 360 but.... you know.
It's been awhile since I've played it, but yeah - standard tank controls. So d-pad is preferable. (At least I always thought so.)

Persona7

Banned
HYDE said:
Why didn't Capcom just bundle Resident Evil 4 with Devil May Cry 1 and 3, and call it the Fuck Awesome/Best We Ever Were As A Company Edition.
I would rather have a capcom collection with DMC 1,2 and 3 as well as Code Veronica and Resident evil 4.

for 40 dollars

DidntKnowJack said:
It's been awhile since I've played it, but yeah - standard tank controls. So d-pad is preferable. (At least I always thought so.)

Damn, i'm in the same boat. Looks like i'll regrettably be getting the more expensive PSN version then..

Rikkun

Finally it's coming..

I really want to play again RE4, I've waited all summer with my GC copy staring at me from the shelf... Now I can finally play this with a 360 controller.

HYDE

Banned
Persona7 said:
I would rather have a capcom collection with DMC 1,2 and 3 as well as Code Veronica and Resident evil 4.

for 40 dollars

No thanks on Code Veronica and DMC 2, shitty games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CyReN said:
Never played Re4, excited to play on 360.
Wow, you're in for one helluva ride.

mikeeb13

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Actually how are the CVX analog tank controls? Is the d-pad still preferable? Because i'm wanting to pick this up on 360 but.... you know.
They're actually quite comfy, makes turning smoother

ULTROS!

DidntKnowJack said:

D-pad is definitely preferable for RE0-REC:VX. I played RE4 on a d-pad but it's definitely playable (and recommended) with an analog stick.

zoukka

Phonomezer said:
I've never played RE4 so I'm really excited!

Shame it's releasing on the same day as Gears 3 though :/

No problem there, just play gears first so it doesn't feel like crap after the king :)

Mr_Zombie

Technosteve said:
was there ever a PC version for CVX?

No. I've never understood why Capcom never released the game on PC, given that they had released RE1, RE2, RE3 and BH:GS (Japan only) before, and RE4 & RE5 after it. Bar RE0 and REmake (that are Nintendo exclusives anyway), this is the only main RE title that was never released on PC anywhere.

Thankfully the game is fully playable on NullDC - a Dreamcast emulator; you need to use a trainer once in the game, though, because there's a glitch with one puzzle near the end of the game.

I wish Capcom would release the Revival Selection on PC too. With a proper RE4 port this time, and not the crap we got from SourceNext :(

Diablohead said:
problem with a no death run in CV is that there are some cheap death spots in that game, especially part mid way through with claire and steve, FUCK THAT
That's why DC version is the superior one - there's a free save you always need to do when you have to switch discs ;).

ULTROS! said:
Ashley is 20 in the game; it would be totally legal for Leon to have "overtime" with her. However, I don't think her father would approve that ;).

how long does that "nintendo exclusive" status last for RE and RE0?
haven't play em since forever. dont have a wii/gc anymore.

StuBurns

Banned
They have prerendered SD backgrounds, they're never going to get a HD port to anything, they're practically defacto exclusives forever.

Top Bottom