• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Enojado

jstevenson said:
Just to be clear:

November 3rd night of into 12:01am November 4th --- Metreon in San Francisco --- Midnight launch event. Some really cool stuff planned - and an uber deal on the Collector's Edition. If you're over 21 and coming, PM me for info on an exclusive VIP thing. More details will be announced shortly.

November 7th - our studio in Burbank - Community Day. Starting in the morning. Chance to tour the studio, hang out, get autographs, ask questions to a panel and more. More details are coming.

Fuck, I want to go so bad!!!

Ok, in desperation I'll post this. I'm currently living 2 hours or so north of San Francisco (Ukiah to be exact - house sitting my in-law's home while they are out of the country + a good cheap place to search for a job) but can't make it all the way down to San Francisco for the launch event. I can make it as far south as Santa Rosa or so and if there are any Gafers from that area heading down I'd love to meet up and drive down. Of course, I would share the cost of gas, tolls, parking, etc. My Tuesday is wide open so I'm down with staying late in the city and even doing some R2 gaming afterward.

If anyone in that area is heading down and would be up for letting me meet up and bum a ride down please send me a PM.

There's a pretty major bug with the "no health regen" mod in multiplayer. I just played two rounds of (40) Orrick and once in EACH round I managed to have my health reduced (apparently) to exactly 0 (or 1) while in Ironheart...

And I became unkillable. In one round I eventually 'naded myself to death after about 60 kills and in the other I just fell over and got a skull in the middle of nowhere.

In no way was I trying to achive this... I had no idea it was possible. It just happened.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My Arms Your Hearse said:
There's a pretty major bug with the "no health regen" mod in multiplayer. I just played two rounds of (40) Orrick and once in EACH round I managed to have my health reduced (apparently) to exactly 0 (or 1) while in Ironheart...

And I became unkillable. In one round I eventually 'naded myself to death after about 60 kills and in the other I just fell over and got a skull in the middle of nowhere.

In no way was I trying to achive this... I had no idea it was possible. It just happened.
Same thing happened to me except that I actually couldn't be killed. I reported it on the beta forums and Insomniac asked me for more details and said they were looking into it.

scoobs said:
it seems like theres no real reason not to use the carbine.... its far and away the best gun.

Marksman and Fareye dominate the Carbine. It has zero range beyond about five feet.

Carbine is for people with no aim. It's good on Subways, that's about it (in other words, small levels with tight quarters where mobility is extremely important - oh and the fact the secondary fires are a dime a dozen... needs to be toned down [even though it already ahs been... still far too frequent]). Marksman kills faster than Carbine at close range with good enough aim and lets you reach out and touch pretty much anyone even on the biggest maps.

Fareye is pretty broken with its reload speed and rapid fire.

Alias03

Maggot9 said:
For sure, I also wonder why they decided to drastically change the design of it if R2 picks up right after R1. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

I believe its called the Mark III so its a new iteration. As for it taking place right after R1 thats true but its only the first level. After that the rest of the game takes place years after.

Gattsu25

Banned
I was sorting through my old emails and realized something: I was in the beta

I'm downloading the game now...will play it for a bit tomorrow, moving into a new apartment with no internet later tomorrow, and then the beta ends

fuck me

GodofWine

Agree with Fareye comments..slow the reload down..60p rooms turn into a sniper fest.

Besides that, its really feeling better and better....shit, remember when the big guys in co-op stood there or walked into walls...how I miss that..I just got my ass kick up and down orick by them, running at me, stomping me, rocketing me..all kinda crap..wow

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GodofWine said:
Agree with Fareye comments..slow the reload down..60p rooms turn into a sniper fest.

Besides that, its really feeling better and better....shit, remember when the big guys in co-op stood there or walked into walls...how I miss that..I just got my ass kick up and down orick by them, running at me, stomping me, rocketing me..all kinda crap..wow
It's actually pretty amazing how fast Insomniac was able to fix that. It really puts how fast they work into perspective.

oneHeero

Marksman and Fareye dominate the Carbine. It has zero range beyond about five feet.

Carbine is for people with no aim. It's good on Subways, that's about it (in other words, small levels with tight quarters where mobility is extremely important - oh and the fact the secondary fires are a dime a dozen... needs to be toned down [even though it already ahs been... still far too frequent]). Marksman kills faster than Carbine at close range with good enough aim and lets you reach out and touch pretty much anyone even on the biggest maps.

Fareye is pretty broken with its reload speed and rapid fire.
close to mid range I'm about 95% sure that I and the rest of my friends can take out anyone's marksman skill.

LOL@ ppl with no aim..I use the carbine on Chicago 40mp, on San Fran(docks) on Orick etc.
The Marksman is a beast of a gun, but it can easily be taken out by the carbine anywhere from up close to mid range.

Flunkie

Banned
oneHeero said:
The Marksman is a beast of a gun, but it can easily be taken out by the carbine anywhere from up close to mid range.
Yup. If there's a lot of people using the Marksman in a match, I just switch to the Carbine and dominate.

HUELEN10

xqg7ex.png

I called my Wal-mart too, and it is there!

Marksman is a 2 hit kill to the head. Three even with bad aim. You better get a hellacious drop on me. It doesn't help that all the beta maps but one are virtually made for Marksman/Fareye.

jsrv

The beta is probably ending soon, but I just got an e-mail from Sony with a code. If anyone wants a code, quote this message.

HUELEN10

Private Hoffman said:
So damn jealous

they selling it?
Mine is. I am not into this game as it is an FPS and I have vertigo, but I found this pic on that one imageboard we will not talk about here, called my walmart, and lo and behold they have it and are selling it.

YMMV! Good luck!

played competitive the last three houres and found it to be real wowsome, after my flopped first try a few days ago. even against all your complaints i think the splicer really rocks :D

one short question: is the xp und stat tracking in competitive disabled for the beta, or do i have some wired bug?
stats in coop get tracked btw.

AndyD said:
If you dont like the CE one, I can trade you my regular one. I like the CE one better.

I believe Insom said that all of the covers would be available on their website and you could download and print whichever one you like best.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Team Klimt said:
I believe Insom said that all of the covers would be available on their website and you could download and print whichever one you like best.

That would be fantastic. I have a nice color laser printer at work...

pistolpete2940 said:
Quick question, I noticed that there was a competetive medal for getting 100 kills with the LAARK, which means that there's a LAARK in multiplayer, right? So how's that gonna work? Are people gonna be able to choose a LAARK class and spawn with a rocket launcher everytime?????

Anyone?

Marksman is a 2 hit kill to the head. Three even with bad aim. You better get a hellacious drop on me. It doesn't help that all the beta maps but one are virtually made for Marksman/Fareye.

I just started playing competitive mode and I've been getting sniped with one shot pretty much 50% of the time.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So yeah Aeon712 sent me a couple party invites (I'm AllTheParts on PSN), but I can't seem to join for some reason. I accept the invite through "party controls" or whatever but I get a weird message that says I do not have "permission" to join party. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

edit: ah crap wrong thread. VERY sorry for bumping this.

Top Bottom