• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resonance of Fate |OT| John Woo RPG Action and Small Racks

zlatko

Banned
Noogy said:
Wow, the OXM demo was surprisingly fun. This game totally wasn't on my radar until now. I love the combat.

There was a USA demo inside of OXM? I didn't even know about that. What did it entail you doing ?

Rpgmonkey

MiloFoxburr said:
European Date is the 26th of March according to Amazon and Zavvi. You got me excited for a minute :(

Really?

Could've sworn it was the 16th for both Europe and North America. Sorry.

Huh. Dunno what I was thinking there. :p

Wario64 said:
I dont see any white doves.

I thought I saw birds in some scene, but I don't think they were doves, and it may have been a pretty calm scene too. :lol

survivor

Banned
Just came back from Gamestop. Traded in MW2 for the game. I was really hoping they would let me do a power trade, but the lady working there didn't even know wtf I was talking about. Doesn't matter that much since I did get 40 bucks, but would have been better if it was 60.

survivor said:
Just came back from Gamestop. Traded in MW2 for the game. I was really hoping they would let me do a power trade, but the lady working there didn't even know wtf I was talking about. Doesn't matter that much since I did get 40 bucks, but would have been better if it was 60.

I support this.

Impressions pls!

dramatis

Mine should hopefully be shipping tomorrow, but that means I might not get it until Friday....

Looking forward to the game.

Sora_N

survivor said:

Damn that sucks man. I went to another store just to trade mine.

It should be worth it anyways, MW2 wasn't that great imo. :lol

I can't wait till Wednesday to pick this game up, I'll probably play a little bit before I get back to working on FFXIII. :D

Shouta

WickedLaharl said:
resolution is 1120x720 @ 30fps.

360 has much better lighting and ps3 supports dts.

You want the DTS, oh god you want the DTS (though I don't know if it's mixed well since I don't have a speaker system). The music in the game is fantastic.

Graphics are nice aside from the character models I think. VP2 style walking around towns and a few places look pretty nice.

survivor

Banned
Sora_N said:
Damn that sucks man. I went to another store just to trade mine.

It should be worth it anyways, MW2 wasn't that great imo. :lol

I can't wait till Wednesday to pick this game up, I'll probably play a little bit before I get back to working on FFXIII. :D
The funny part is the lady that was there, was the same one that sold me MW2.

BTW is it just me or did Gamestop.ca just change the release date back to March 16 instead of March 18?

batbeg

survivor said:

This confuses me - I was hoping for 60 bucks as I did get the power trade, but MW2 was only worth $22 at my Gamestop, rather than 40 - why the hell is this?

Schopenhauer said:
Also, the english VA list from the Sega blog. http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2010/03/15/resonance-of-fate-voice-cast-uncovered/

The cast list in full:
• Vashyron – Nolan North
• Zephyr – Scott Menville
• Leanne - Jessica DiCicco
• Gelsey – Dwight Schultz
• Rowen - Jim Ward
• Sullivan – Chris Edgerly
• Antourion – Tom Kane
• Garigliano – David Mitchell
• Theresa – Barbara Goodson
• Jean Paulet – Sam Riegel
• Lagerfeld – Charles Martinet – (The voice of Mario)
• Pater – Jason Marsden
• Juris – Kirk Thornton
• Barbarella – April Stewart
• Frieda – Julie Nathanson
• Rebecca - Cat Taber
• Veronique – April Stewart
• Cochet – Kari Wahlgren
• Victor – James Arnold Taylor
• Bartender – Roger Craig Smith
*Added spoiler tags for the rest of the characters just in case.
Additional Voices:
• Robin Atkin Downes
• Kate Higgins
• Nick Jameson
• Candi Milo
• Fred Tatasciore

Gaddamn is the VA ever going to be something awesome.

Dead

well not really...yet
Changing Reanbell's name to Leanne is a crime against nature

On that note, dub sounds good, so I hope those rumours of it being gimped aren't true.

survivor

Banned
batbeg said:
This confuses me - I was hoping for 60 bucks as I did get the power trade, but MW2 was only worth $22 at my Gamestop, rather than 40 - why the hell is this?
Do you live in Canada? Maybe it's different in the US, but generally all stores here (Future Shop, Best Buy, Gamestop) will all give around 40 dollars for MW2 normally.

Tamanon

Banned
batbeg said:

Gaddamn is the VA ever going to be something awesome.

I assume they lowered the trade-in values when they added the 50% trade-in bonus.

Firestorm

Don't think anyone has answered this, but do the missing doors in the 360 version mean we don't have to press A and wait for something to open? We can just walk through?
batbeg said:
Canadian trade-in values are way higher than US. I traded in ODST for $40x1.5 = $60 a few weeks back :) I don't think the first Modern Warfare hit $22 until this year over here...

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Nice, is good to see the thread is already up! :D

Glad that some people like the art, had that idea of Clock Gears for a while, really fit RoF IMO.

Anyways, great job Rpgmonkey! I hope this thread bring new light to this game, because it needs more attention!

I'm really looking forward to this and I'm hoping it'll wash out the bitter taste that XIII has left in my mouth. I'm renting from Gamefly, hopefully I'll have it by Saturday.

I can only afford to purchase one Sega RPG this week, so my money goes to Infinite Space. I asked my Gamestop guys if they had any pre-orders on RoF and they didn't even know the game existed. Lame.

RPGmonkey, awesome thread! Thank you!

batbeg

Firestorm said:
Canadian trade-in values are way higher than US. I traded in ODST for $40x1.5 = $60 a few weeks back :) I don't think the first Modern Warfare hit $22 until this year over here...

This explains it. I was so excited too, dammit :lol Oh well, only $25 bucks left now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dresden said:
Hmm, no JYB or Yuri Lowenthal. That's kinda fail for not getting two of the most overused VAs in the business.
That's because this is a union sanctioned voice cast. JYB and Lowenthal's overuse tends to come from their non-union roles.

oblo

Good job on the thread.

26b_big_0endof.jpg

I am excited. :lol

BuRT!

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet but Mar 16th is the ship date, so it doesn't actually get sold till the 17th.

When I went to Best Buy last week (thought it released on the 9th with ffxiii) the worker said they get it on the 17th. Then, today I stopped by Gamestop to confirm and he said tomorrow was the ship date so it wont come until the 17th.

zlatko

Banned
BuRT! said:
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet but Mar 16th is the ship date, so it doesn't actually get sold till the 17th.

When I went to Best Buy last week (thought it released on the 9th with ffxiii) the worker said they get it on the 17th. Then, today I stopped by Gamestop to confirm and he said tomorrow was the ship date so it wont come until the 17th.

It's such a bull crap situation when they do this. If you look on Gamestops website both God of War 3 and Resonance of Fate are listed as shipping on the 16th yet we all know you can buy God of War 3 tonight at midnight. Since when did release dates for games become the shipping dates? It's a load of bull crap too, because most GS retailers WILL get the game that it says it ships on yet they won't sell it to you, yet if I check that games main website on that day it will say now on sale.

Somewhere there was a disconnect on what the hell On Sale means. :/

Eurogamer review said:
For gamers mollycoddled by gaming's general trend towards lenience in recent years, and the specific tendency of RPGs to demand perseverance over proficiency, it's a rude awakening. Indeed, this is one of those few games in which you must pay in-game credits to continue from a Game Over screen, with tiered payment plans depending on how much of your party's energy you wish to restore.

Sounds good! Shame they didn't mention anything about the story.

zlatko said:
It's such a bull crap situation when they do this. If you look on Gamestops website both God of War 3 and Resonance of Fate are listed as shipping on the 16th yet we all know you can buy God of War 3 tonight at midnight. Since when did release dates for games become the shipping dates? It's a load of bull crap too, because most GS retailers WILL get the game that it says it ships on yet they won't sell it to you, yet if I check that games main website on that day it will say now on sale.

Somewhere there was a disconnect on what the hell On Sale means. :/
I called Gamestop if they're selling RoF with GoWIII's midnight launch. They said they would if they have it.

Which means they may not have it. Oh well.

batbeg

Wednesday kind of sucks for me; me and my friends intend to drink ourselves into oblivion from Tuesday night to Thursday morning for St Paddys. The Eurogamer review has me super excited, though :D

Unknown Soldier said:
Everything Tri-ace has made for this generation has been wretched, I hope the Radiata Stories team can break the unholy cycle of suck! :lol

Well I mean, if tri-Ace left you in disappointment with Infinite Undiscovery, it sounds like the Radiata team already fucked you over, no? I have more faith in the VP2 team though, who'd be a more relevant comparison as they're more closely related to Resonance of Fate.

dramatis

Eurogamer said:
At times you'll have no doubts that this is the best JRPG of the generation, a fast-paced, interesting and creative detour from a stagnant mainstream. At other moments, usually when facing the tenth Game Over screen during a difficult boss battle, you'll wonder whether the game suffers from poor balance, born from its developer's stubborn insistence on novelty for the sake of it.

I'm surprised they have such high praise...It's almost suspicious. All the more to anticipate, I guess :D

Lespedeza

Banned
Going in later on tuesday to trade in FFXIII towards the game. Despite being really flawed I've pretty much enjoyed most of tri-aces output with the obvious exceptions like Infinite Undescovery.

just noticed this:

this shot is from a video of the japanese ps3 version

207qb0h.jpg

and this is from the usa/pal version, machine unknown

2i7o93o.jpg

why so much difference?

Jap - Western changes (could make sense, it's a
blackout scene
), or PS3/360 version differences?

Dresden said:
Hmm, no JYB or Yuri Lowenthal. That's kinda fail for not getting two of the most overused VAs in the business.

I'm assuming by fail you mean SUPREME VICTOLY since I hate both of them.

Unfortunately with both FFXIII and GoWIII on my plate, this game is relegated to 'wait for price drop' status. I'll probably pick it up when it's $20. Knowing Sega, that won't be very long. I love how Sega always releases their niche Japanese import titles on the same day as a huge Western title and then they are all confused when it sells like 6 copies. :lol

Oh, man, I am so freakin' excited.

I can't wait to pick up my pre-order! Hoefully the guy was right when he said, "You can pick it up Tuesday when God of War III comes out." Oh, please, be true (I'm used to pre-ordering games from smaller companies and having to wait an extra day).

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I love how the cut-scene joked about Leanne's proportions when she is just average.

Gotta love videogames and their odd standards :/

Foffy

Banned
Hmm. JRPGs have been weird this generation to me when it comes to the PS3 and 360, usually with ports. Considering this game is being released on both platforms at once, are there any significant pros and cons to the versions? I don't know what platform to get this for :lol .

faridmon

Hcoregamer00 said:
I love how the cut-scene joked about Leanne's proportions when she is just average.

Gotta love videogames and their odd standards :/

Official Resonance of Fate Thread of John Woo RPG Action and Small Racks

everything is on the op

Top Bottom