• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

I think that the main reason that many people disliked the game was the old-school difficulty, this game doesn't have much hand-holding unlike new AAA games.

No, I don't agree. There has been probably 2 missions I've found particularly tricky, but otherwise the difficulty level has not been an issue.

It might be worth noting that I didn't enjoy GTA: Chinatown Wars either, so maybe I've just grown out of the top-down city-based sandbox games.

Ugh, fuck this Smash TV level. The fucking controls are not good enough to comfortably fight through hundreds of enemies, and this section has dragged on way too long.

Fuck this Von Buttnick boss battle. Fuck this game. I really don't know if I can be bothered finishing it. I was quite enjoying it initially, but my frustration has just risen more and more by the hour. It's not so much a game any more as a frustrating, badly designed interactive retro amusement park ride. I don't know where this extreme difficulty spike has come from, but I've died about 70 times since the beginning of the Smash TV section.

Roto13

Yeah, that's exactly where the whole game went to hell, the Smash TV level. It wasn't great up to that point but it's really bad from there.

And it's now deleted. Stupid goddamn Super Hang On level was the last straw. It's tedious and badly designed and I could not be bothered to persevere when moderate enjoyment had switched tocomplete frustration.

The game really gets that hard?

I just started it today, and am worried that it will become too difficult by the end given its retro themes. I'm okay at it, but definitely not great.

Top Bottom