• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

tumblr_onw9q69dNu1qfvtcmo1_1280.png

Super Wild Card?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I got my carton of those universal game cases. Thoughts:

1) wow. 100 is a lot of cases. It's way more than I suspect I'll ever need, but i guess I don't have to worry about running out.

2) no ragrets. They look good, and its finally a way to put my old games on the shelf, next to the new stuff, and have it not look like crap.

Jinto

1) wow. 100 is a lot of cases. It's way more than I suspect I'll ever need, but i guess I don't have to worry about running out.

2) no ragrets. They look good, and its finally a way to put my old games on the shelf, next to the new stuff, and have it not look like crap.

I had a similar reaction when I picked them up 3 years ago. Figured 100 was too much and gave like 30 of them away. Finally had to buy 25 more last week.

Printing and cutting out all the covers was a pain initially. It's also too bad they don't fit NES games without modification. Other than that, they fit perfectly on my shelf and look great.

It sucks how expensive they are here in Canada though.

Yo, Pikmin 3 is like the Super Metroid of Pikmin. It's so good and such a major evolution over the first two games.
awesome to hear =)

retroGAF,
shoot! this wii u console purchase gets better and better =) i'm pretty glad i picked it up from craigslist. been playing bayo 1 instead of my 3ds by my bed lampstand.
i have the system by the HDTV and the controller/cradle charger by my bed. i've been playing it alot, everynight (my bedroom is next to the living room.) 1 bedroom studio. on my 3ds, i have trace memory (another code) in it but it's being neglected.

in my livingroom i have the BVM crt set to the side of my 60" kuro. been playing zanac on nes weekly. RC pro am and double dragon gets some attention.
on my main tv the ps4 and 3 is hooked up... haven't turned it on for weeks...

damn nes and wii u is so fun =) i guess nintendo is dominating my playtime recently.

Yes Boss!

Speaking my of DC, got these two in the mail. Ordered both because had a hankering for DC but then BotW dropped so that kinda killed playing anything else. Always wanted Cosmic Smash on cart for the Naomi but this will have to do. Missed Skies and hoping it holds up to the fond memories.

9CBA5F94-4849-4182-9358-055D5B898F53.jpg

IrishNinja

i love cosmic smash! congrats!

I had a similar reaction when I picked them up 3 years ago. Figured 100 was too much and gave like 30 of them away. Finally had to buy 25 more last week.

Printing and cutting out all the covers was a pain initially. It's also too bad they don't fit NES games without modification. Other than that, they fit perfectly on my shelf and look great.

It sucks how expensive they are here in Canada though.

haha yeah, i was so sure of the same, then i needed more...and man, i totally used some of my bro's tools to mod the NES boxes, got it down to a science at the end there!

again though, printing wasn't all bad...i did it wrong at first and just printed them off a normal printer & had my girl at the time cut them out for me, a while later i'd go back to kinko's to have htem done right (much better colors!) and use their laser to cut the stack, went far better.

i need a shelf first and maybe grab those cases in the future =)

Always wanted Cosmic Smash on cart for the Naomi but this will have to do. Missed Skies and hoping it holds up to the fond memories.
9CBA5F94-4849-4182-9358-055D5B898F53.jpg
i love cosmic smash! congrats!
is that an import or was it released in the US?

Why can't I find Power Rangers the movie for a reasonable price :(

Also, can't believe the first one is like 4 levels and only takes 15 mins to beat... I feel like I got hosed.

Teknoman

Why can't I find Power Rangers the movie for a reasonable price :(

Also, can't believe the first one is like 4 levels and only takes 15 mins to beat... I feel like I got hosed.

The movie game is better (SNES?) but the first one isnt exactly bad either (both have really cool soundtracks and Ninja Warriors lite action so i'm biased though).

televator

The movie game is better (SNES?) but the first one isnt exactly bad either (both have really cool soundtracks and Ninja Warriors lite action so i'm biased though).

Megadrive/Genesis version is the best version. The SNES one is a slower feeling game that's not as good.

This has probably been mentioned before, but if anyone is looking for an excellent retro/Ghouls n Ghosts style game they should check out Cursed Castilla EX (Maldita Castilla EX). I've been glued to the game for the past two days straight, I'd say I actually favour it over a couple of the entries in the GnG series just down to the slightly more balanced difficulty level (its still tough, but far more forgiving at the same time). Plus it looks and sounds very close to a old CPS1 arcade game, which is a nice change from how retro inspired games these days usually target an 8 bit aesthetic... I'd put it right up there with Shovel Knight in terms of my favourite indie titles that really capture the spirit of the old days.

okay so now i wanna hear about your tattoo & this as well

Phantasy Star concert was an interesting experience because I didn't know how you buy tickets to things in Japan. I found out about it while we were here so we went, waited in line for 3 hours and found out that we could buy merch but tickets are sold elsewhere and unavailable at the time. So, the money I would have spent on the show went to extra merch. I ended up buying the recording later and it's great but heavily skewed towards PSO era so I'm actually somewhat happy I didn't go.

Peltz

awesome to hear =)

retroGAF,
shoot! this wii u console purchase gets better and better =) i'm pretty glad i picked it up from craigslist. been playing bayo 1 instead of my 3ds by my bed lampstand.
i have the system by the HDTV and the controller/cradle charger by my bed. i've been playing it alot, everynight (my bedroom is next to the living room.) 1 bedroom studio. on my 3ds, i have trace memory (another code) in it but it's being neglected.

in my livingroom i have the BVM crt set to the side of my 60" kuro. been playing zanac on nes weekly. RC pro am and double dragon gets some attention.
on my main tv the ps4 and 3 is hooked up... haven't turned it on for weeks...

damn nes and wii u is so fun =) i guess nintendo is dominating my playtime recently.

Nintendo makes the best stuff.

W00t, migrated my games over to the cases. I only have... errr... 20.

:(

Lol

IrishNinja

Phantasy Star concert was an interesting experience because I didn't know how you buy tickets to things in Japan. I found out about it while we were here so we went, waited in line for 3 hours and found out that we could buy merch but tickets are sold elsewhere and unavailable at the time. So, the money I would have spent on the show went to extra merch. I ended up buying the recording later and it's great but heavily skewed towards PSO era so I'm actually somewhat happy I didn't go.

aw man, that's crazy! yeah PSO music was nice but i too would be bummed to not have much classic PS
so what merch did you get??

W00t, migrated my games over to the cases. I only have... errr... 20.

:(

ahahaha
we gotta get you to some garage sales man!

I love it too! I really hope we get a sequel someday. It could use some fleshing-out.

right? it'd be a perfect PSN type title too

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
ahahaha
we gotta get you to some garage sales man!

Well, I did get some new shelves that I'll be putting together tonight, and I feel like those should suggest that I have sufficient gamer cred once I get my stuff on there... but yeah, I just don't actually have that many SNES and Genesis games.

zEYQhBL.jpg

Its not as good as the movie, but its not in the suck zone. Unless you're talking about the CD version.

The length really bothered me. Gameplay is fun but there's essentially no game... It's 4 lazily made "fights". And how can you not love the power rangers Sega CD game? It was a real life episode!

I forgot this is one of the ones that is radically different on SNES. I liked it much more on Genesis though.

a gaffer made a video about the genesis and game gear power ranger games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q2tav41yes
genesis one looks repetitive tbh

I mostly played the game gear one since that's the only one I played as a kid and I played the shit out of that game. I think that was hands down my most played game gear game ever and I played a lot of game gear. Such a good game for a handheld.

Also, why does everyone put relatively expensive CIB snes games in a bubble envelopes. Makes me die a little inside every time.

aw man, that's crazy! yeah PSO music was nice but i too would be bummed to not have much classic PS
so what merch did you get??

I can't remember off the top of my head but I got the original soundtracks, a stuffed rag rappy and a few other things. They are all in the Phantasy Star section of my collection. It will be easy for me to know exactly when I get home because in Japan when you are purchasing things at an event like that, you get a sheet of paper and circle all the items you want.

Yes Boss!

Hooked up three Wiis here. Original white, my red with all my official VC on it and a floater black one. I have a few more still in storage...my Japanese one loaded with VC from that region (LOADED), and one of the litttle Minis for aesthetics. Still blows my mind that I can play genesis in perfect fidelity on the little machine. Not to mention things like F-Zero GX upscale via Frammeister on a massive 55" HDTV.

92A5F338-8700-4103-BAA6-D9FC29E798D0.jpg

Top Bottom