• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Spencer's,Tila Tequila's account suspended from Twitter after neo-Nazi tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter suspended former social media star Tila Tequila’s account Monday following a string of neo-Nazi tweets that drew increased attention over the weekend, when she attended a conference of “alt-right” white nationalists in Washington, D.C.

At the conference, the 35-year-old Vietnamese-American model posed for a photo in which she and two other individuals performed the Nazi salute. She shared it on Twitter, writing the caption, “Seig [sic] heil!”

On Monday, following the tweet, Maggiano’s Little Italy —the restaurant where the photo was reportedly taken — apologized on Facebook for hosting the conference, an event that “resulted in hateful sentiment.”

Tequila, a fervent Donald Trump supporter who was raised in Texas, has a long and confusing history of pro-Nazi leanings. While she has said in the past that she is not “a racist nor anti-Semitic and absolutely not 100% a Nazi supporter,” she described herself in her Twitter bio as an “Alt-reich Queen! Literally Hitler!”

In previous tweets, she has expressed sentiments including, “I’m a white supremacist!” and “Are you and your people ready to be rounded up to FEMA camps? Actually, that may be letting you off too easy!”

Richard Spencer, who leads a white nationalist organization National Policy Institute and is known for inventing the term “alt-right,” has also had his Twitter account suspended. The social media network had recently announced it would make changes to quash the increasing amounts of hate speech and trolling found on the site.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...uspended-neo-nazi_us_58348e5ee4b01ba68ac320f2

Well, they finally got banhammered.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
When is Facebook going to start assuming the responsibility of nurturing and coddling these pieces of trash?

Feel-good damage control from Twitter. They had months of reports from victims of white nationalist harassment and did next to nothing. Now that there's backlash they're cherry-picking visible targets and leaving the rest of the rat's nest alone. I mean, it's good that these nazis don't have one of their favorite platforms anymore, but in perspective this is a drop in the bucket of Twitter's problem as a platform for unfiltered (and unfilterable) hate.

Blader

Does Tila Tequila not realize that in a white supremacist/Neo-Nazi world she would be a second-class citizen, if not killed outright?

Feel-good damage control from Twitter. They had months of reports from victims of white nationalist harassment and did next to nothing. Now that there's backlash they're cherry-picking visible targets and leaving the rest of the rat's nest alone. I mean, it's good that these nazis don't have one of their favorite platforms anymore, but in perspective this is a drop in the bucket of Twitter's problem as a platform for unfiltered (and unfilterable) hate.

It's not that there's backlash now (because there was backlash then), it's that Twitter tried to sell themselves and failed miserably, probably because people realized there wasn't a future to the company with all the harassment taking place (especially when it comes to celebrities). All of this is in effort to attempt to grow the business again so they can sell it to someone.

JPLMD

Does Tila Tequila not realize that in a white supremacist/Neo-Nazi world she would be a second-class citizen, if not killed outright?

In her world she probably hopes to one day fulfill the Asian sex slave role for all her white masters.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What particular brand of mental illness does Tila Tequila suffer from? Has it ever been stated?

Why no concern for Tila's mental health? Only Kanye gets love.

Tila's been nuts for years now (basically since her first "sex tape" released), it's just she doesn't want help, and since she's not a danger to herself or anyone else, you can't really force it on her, either.

Zubz

Banned
She prolly want to die anyway. Girl is mental

Calling someone "mental" is offensive, regardless of whether or not they actually have a mental health diagnosis (I know nothing about this... actress? Except that she had some bisexual dating show a decade ago and is apparently a Neo-Nazi; it sounds like she openly has one? Or is this just speculation?)

SaintZ

Bye Tila!

vcImhNQ.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Richard Spencer was banned before the weekend as part of the initial implementation of reporting accounts for racial hatred

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yup, Clayton Bigsy comes to mind.

I'd say, is she crazy?? But of course she is.

Jarmel

Banned
In previous tweets, she has expressed sentiments including, “I’m a white supremacist!” and “Are you and your people ready to be rounded up to FEMA camps? Actually, that may be letting you off too easy!”

nope nope nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom