• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racers PSP: 3 new movies from Famitsu.com

neptunes

you have anything else for us tonight? :D

EDIT It's says "Enjoy Drifting Action 12-12" so I guess they've managed to secure launch.

This will be hot!! :D

Vibri

Banned
That just doesn't compute for a portable... looks aweeeeesome. Like the addition of the nitro as well. This over wireless play = must buy.

edit: watch video 2 - classic Ridge Racer mellow electronica is back. GOTY.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That music quality is god-like.

I'm seriously beginning to believe that Nintendo is going to be in trouble.

Any way to save these videos? I love the song in video 2. :)

Brofist

Miburou said:
Looks awesome. The only thing that might worry me is the controls, compared to playing with a dual shock.

If I can control a 10fps version of RR1 on my cell phone with a one hand layout, this will be a walk in the park :D

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Lyte Edge said:
That music quality is god-like.

I'm seriously beginning to believe that Nintendo is going to be in trouble.

Any way to save these videos? I love the song in video 2. :)

D/L NetTransport. I just saved them with it.

Jonnyram

Crap, I can hear the sound but no video at this end. Anyone feel like converting it into another video format? QT would be great m(_ _)m

EDIT: I'll try the ones at Game Watch instead :)

Miburou

Damn, I was hoping it only had 1 track like RR, so that we would be essentially getting the whole game when buying Ridge Racers.

xexex

Banned
Rave Racer had 2 exclusive tracks, City (the best and so far not in Ridge Racers) and Mountain (Greenpeak Highlands on PSP) and the 2 tracks from original Ridge Racer, long & short, with a few graphical additions.

Brofist

Miburou said:
Damn, I was hoping it only had 1 track like RR, so that we would be essentially getting the whole game when buying Ridge Racers.

Now you're gonna give me a reason to walk down to the arcade and play it today heh. Anyway i think some of the courses had overlapping parts, like RR did. So if they put the longest course from Rave Racer in, it's really like having most of the game I guess :)

xexex said:
Rave Racer had 2 exclusive tracks, City (the best and so far not in Ridge Racers) and Mountain (Greenpeak Highlands on PSP) and the 2 tracks from original Ridge Racer, long & short, with a few graphical additions.

Yes exactly.

xexex

Banned
so far, it seems PSP Ridge Racers only has 1 of Rave Racer tracks. I really hope the City one is in there too. thats what made Rave Racer, Rave Racer :)

Miburou

Oh yeah, now I remember. It's been so long since I played Rave. Well, they've only shown 3 tracks so far, so there's definitely a big chance the other Rave track, not to mention some from Rage, will be included.

Brofist

haha looked at video 3, the return of the 360!! I like how the driver snuck that in there. Yeah I have to admit the Chis Rock wannabe is already annoying me.

Vandiger

Oh man, those gave me flashbacks of RR5. The music sounds so good and graphics are very nice, sense of speed looked very impressive.....just damn this is a portable :D

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
praise2.gif

Jonnyram

GW got rid of the big ones halfway through my last download and replaced them all with smaller versions. Anyone manage to get rrs_1.zip before they killed it?

Mashing

This may be off topic, but what is the ad at the top of this page an Xbox advertisement when the word xbox hasn't even appeared on this page (until now)?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Very nice, was a definite game to pick up, now I just have to wait and see what other decent games there are.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
GW got rid of the big ones halfway through my last download and replaced them all with smaller versions. Anyone manage to get rrs_1.zip before they killed it?
I got it, but the downloads failed for the other two :(((

The big video runs at a 2700kb/s bitrate but it's the same resolution as the 1000kb/s linked in the first posts, which is 240 x 136, but it has better audio, and runs much smoother due to higer encoding framerate.

Mashing

Jonnyram said:

yeah the banner ad right above the forum... it's very inconspicous most of the time but that FREE XBOX add has bright green background and is pretty glaring... Not that i have a problem with that... but I remember someone saying the ads were content sensitive or some shit.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Btw, the new videos at GW are still better quality than any of those in the first post. THey are encoded at 1308kb/s, and for some reason have even higher encoding rate for the audio than the bigger videos they removed (big ones had 192kbps, new ones 384kbps) and yet they sound much worse.

*ugh, scratch that last statement* I mixed the files. THe music sounds much better in the new, smaller files, and yet they run really smooth. The new GW files are basically the best encoded so far.

Shinobi

I really want some Model 2 and 3 ports for PSP (as well as System 16/32 for DS)...I think they'd be so perfect. As it is, this looks very nice, and compared to the DS Ridge Racer it's almost comical.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Can someone that downloaded this host it? I can't get the damn streaming to work because of stupid firewall settings.

ourumov

It looks fucking incredible. The reflections on cars seem even better than those on RRV. I can't wait to play R4 tracks driving in RRV style :).

Top Bottom