• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rings of Power Season 2 Trailer Released

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
lord-rings-rings-power.jpg
It seems that they bullied him and cut his hair as hazing xD

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It is an engaging trailer, but still a superficial facsimile of Tolkien. It's still chock full of Galadriel Deep Thought One Liners. The rings of power still look like they were bought from Temu.
100%. I'm not gonna watch the show, but the trailer def makes me want to.

Mortisfacio

Solid trailer, but I'll hold off and see if those that didn't like it change their tune and say Season 2 is actually good.

I watch 1, maybe 2 shows a year. Not a fan of most TV. Season 1 was too awful to give Season 2 a chance, without a lot of positivity.

Tams

The trailer seems to imply that Sauron made the 3 elven rings he did not. Those were forged in secret. That is why Elrond Galadriel and Gandalf were not corrupted by wearing them.

You've made one fatal mistake:

You expect the screenwriters to know and care.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The trailer seems to imply that Sauron made the 3 elven rings he did not. Those were forged in secret. That is why Elrond Galadriel and Gandalf were not corrupted by wearing them.

It was already shown in the last episode last season that Celebrimbor created them with what he gleaned from Sauron.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I thought Sauron learned ring making from celibrimbor not the other way around.

In the show, he has an idea to enhance the ring making process ... That's all it was, IIRC... Celebrimbor (the idea of him) is still something of an inspiration. I would have loved Tolkien to have written his life story. Him and Gandalf. I feel really sad he couldn't finish his universe.

Melon Husk

Blue wizard looks like Jack Black in some cheap halloween wizard costume.
I don't mind hate watching RoP; keep pouring billions into this show please, I can spend the ten dollars on Prime to make it happen.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
In the show, he has an idea to enhance the ring making process ... That's all it was, IIRC... Celebrimbor (the idea of him) is still something of an inspiration. I would have loved Tolkien to have written his life story. Him and Gandalf. I feel really sad he couldn't finish his universe.
He wrote plenty. None of which is included here. This is fanfic.

HoodWinked

The trailer has an uncanny valley quality to it where it looks like something is wrong and you can't trust it. It just feels so inauthentic.

Oberstein

Okay, the trailer isn't as bad as expected. However, I'm still wary, so we'll see.
If they can manage the pace better and have better writing, who knows, but again I have my doubts.

Laptop1991

The new trailer looks quite good to be fair, but that doesn't mean the series will be, i ditched the 1st series at the start of episode 3, i couldn'[t watch anymore of the bad story telling, so i'll wait until it's out and a few episodes have been shown before i watch any more.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Can I watch only season 2? Or do I need to watch season 1 for it? Maybe only last few s1 episodes?
You could probably get by without it to be honest.

Only thing you need to know is:
- Galadriel has been hunting Sauron since the First Age ended
- She gets told to go home to Valinor in the West. She jumps off the ship and is rescued by a raft with a man named Halbrand. He's really Sauron in man form.
- They go to the Island of Numenor, which is the largest nation of Men. Galadriel convinces the Queen Regent to go to Middle Earth to hunt Sauron with her in the Southlands.
- There is an orc named Adar, the first Orc, who is building an army of his "children" to make a home in the Southlands. They're at war with the elves and men that live there.
- There is a big battle there. There is a sword that is stolen, turns out its a key that "turns on" mount doom, turn it into a volcanic wasteland we know
- Halbrand and Galadriel go to Eregion. An elven smith named Celebrimbor is trying to make magic rings to stave off a corruption that is spreading. Halbrand teaches him how to make the Three Elvish Rings.
- Galadriel realizes Halbrand is Sauron. She confronts him.

That's it

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

- She gets told to go home to Valinor in the West. She jumps off the ship and is rescued by a raft with a man named Halbrand. He's really Sauron in man form.
- They go to the Island of Numenor, which is the largest nation of Men. Galadriel convinces the Queen Regent to go to Middle Earth to hunt Sauron with her in the Southlands.
- There is an orc named Adar, the first Orc, who is building an army of his "children" to make a home in the Southlands. They're at war with the elves and men that live there.
- There is a big battle there. There is a sword that is stolen, turns out its a key that "turns on" mount doom, turn it into a volcanic wasteland we know
- Halbrand and Galadriel go to Eregion. An elven smith named Celebrimbor is trying to make magic rings to stave off a corruption that is spreading. Halbrand teaches him how to make the Three Elvish Rings.

That's it

Yep... Basically.

Oh... You forgot about
Isildur

Last edited:

TVexperto

That's it
Yep... Basically.

Oh... You forgot about
Isildur
thanks appreciate the summary - you saved me a lot of time!

LordPezix

The wife and I are about to rewatch the 1st season in anticipation for the new one. I know this show gets alot of hate but we both found it to be more entertaining than HoTD. We loved GoT so HoTD was a sad let down for us. Though we are huge LOTR fans so our opinions are extremely bias.

The scene where Disa pleas to rocks gives me chills, you can feel the power. If that wasn't Tolkien/Jackson esque I don't know what is.

Tams

The wife and I are about to rewatch the 1st season in anticipation for the new one. I know this show gets alot of hate but we both found it to be more entertaining than HoTD. We loved GoT so HoTD was a sad let down for us. Though we are huge LOTR fans so our opinions are extremely bias.

The scene where Disa pleas to rocks gives me chills, you can feel the power. If that wasn't Tolkien/Jackson esque I don't know what is.

Better than HotD?!

Seek help. The Rings of Power is painful to watch it is so bad.

Hypnotoad

If anyone has a half a dozen os so hours to spare and wants to understand just how bad season 1 is, I recommend watching this series of videos:

It's not your usual "WOKE equals BAD" tired clickbait rant, but a masterful analysis of the countless inconsistencies, plot contrivances, plotholes and generally atrocious level of story writing, characterization and worldbuilding (the latter one especially sucks so bad, it's probably the worst I have seen in the past decade).

I don't believe the storywriters are capable of understanding even the most basic rules of storytelling. That's why I will try and watch season 2, just to again see an example of every mistake one should avoid when writing a story.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't believe the storywriters are capable of understanding even the most basic rules of storytelling. That's why I will try and watch season 2, just to again see an example of every mistake one should avoid when writing a ststory.
Agreed. Rings of Power is best viewed as a tool to understand why Tolkein is CORRECT, that his characterization and mythbuilding are so superior. Almost any deviation just leads to breaks elsewhere.

Top Bottom