• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Monocle

Hi RiverdaleGaf anyone call dibs on Archie yet? My hubby is gorgeous.
I'm sorry to inform you that Archie is taken. We can negotiate visiting hours if you want, but I must warn you that my hunk's schedule is fairly packed with shirtless night jogging, shirtless bedroom loitering, shirtless kitchen duty, and periodically shirtless but always beguiling daily stuff such as hunky hitchhiking when it's hot outside and mundane conversation where the other person keeps losing their train of thought because Archie's jaw and chin and puppy eyes are right there in front of them, oh god.

I probably wouldn't have given this show a second look if I hadn't got into Waid's series. I'm really enjoying Riverdale so far though. If you're enjoying the show, you should give it a shot. The first two trades are already out.

All y'all trying to claim Veronica

giphy.gif

I think we might want to make a distinction here between the characters and the cast considering Veronica is like 15 while Camila Mendes is apparently 22.

DominoKid

after this weeks ep i may be tempted to put Cheryl above Betty. i will revisit this after the next ep.

Veronica still #1 though
giphy.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
after this weeks ep i may be tempted to put Cheryl above Betty. i will revisit this after the next ep.

Veronica still #1 though
giphy.gif

Team Veronica by a huge margin. Great episode overall. I am hoping Jason's death is part of some larger occult shenanigans and this leads into Sabrina. We need some Sabrina!

I'm sorry to inform you that Archie is taken. We can negotiate visiting hours if you want, but I must warn you that my hunk's schedule is fairly packed with shirtless night jogging, shirtless bedroom loitering, shirtless kitchen duty, and periodically shirtless but always beguiling daily stuff such as hunky hitchhiking when it's hot outside and mundane conversation where the other person keeps losing their train of thought because Archie's jaw and chin and puppy eyes are right there in front of them, oh god.

;__;

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Show is surprisingly good... The casting of Madchek Amin and the girl who plays Betty are fantastic; lots of visual similarities between their faces.

I like it.

LionPride

Banned
I think we might want to make a distinction here between the characters and the cast considering Veronica is like 15 while Camila Mendes is apparently 22.

I'm 17 so I don't care

Not really, learned my lesson dating someone younger than me...

Still can't believe these people are supposed to be Sophomores. I wished people looked this good my sophomore year

RPGCrazied

Anyone else hope this show does good for another animated series? The only one I've seen some of is weird mysteries, I even ordered the series on Amazon cause it was only $8.

Sean C

I don't think that even crossed anybody's minds, this show is one of the more egregious examples of obviously older actors playing young teens lmao

Betty and Veronica could easily be playing, like, young moms on a different show with a slightly different wardrobe
The actresses playing Betty and Veronica are 20 and 22, I believe. Indeed, most of the actors on film this show are on the younger side of Hollywood teen casting for TV series.

Blues1990

Anyone else hope this show does good for another animated series? The only one I've seen some of is weird mysteries, I even ordered the series on Amazon cause it was only $8.

I honestly wouldn't mind an adaptation of Bob Bolling's stories from the old "Archie and Me" series that ran during the 1980's, which would fit both the current show and a future animated series.

You can read up more about Bolling here. It's worth a read, as his history with the character (along with how he approached him during his run) is really interesting.

CREMSteve

Enjoying it so far, highlight was the group at Pop's near the end of ep. 2. I understand they want to be dark and edgy, but I enjoy it more when they behave like the characters we know and love. The whole Miss Grundy subplot is my least favourite element so far.

Parahan

What's a pussycat doing in this?

I didn't realize this came out already. Is it any good?

It's not too bad but the most dissapointing thing is that Archie isn't a goofball teenager but a Gary Stu complete with abs and angst.

Betty and Veronica most resemble their comic counterparts and have great chemistry. The rest of the cast is a bit over the top playing teen-drama stereotypes. 6/10

What's a pussycat doing in this?

I didn't realize this came out already. Is it any good?

Like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Josie and the Pussycats are from Archie Comics.

As for the show, it's only got a couple episodes in so who knows though the reviews are good and it's been pretty good so far. Personally I feel like I might be a bit too far out of the show's target demo to keep watching it, even with all the eye candy.

Much better than the pilot. Although I'm a huge fan of twin peaks I think this show should shortly abandon the murder mystery stuff

The show is at its best when it's just small town school kids messing around and hanging out. Feels a bit like Friday Night Lights especially the pep rally scene and the blatantly ripped off end credits music haha

I hope we get longer scenes at Pops in the coming few episodes

Also man is it just me or does Archie look a lot like a redhead son of Clint Eastwood

Razmos

"He was supposed to come back" fascinating.

What with the creepy cult like white clothes they were wearing and her asking "if he was ready" it sounds like there's some cult ritual or something. Either for him to drown and "come back" through resuscitation, which he didn't. Or to actually die and come back which might explain how he "died" a week after being shot.

I'm not discounting supernatural shenanigans yet, since from what I've heard it isn't unusual for the source material.

Loving it so far either way. Archie is a complete insufferable dick bag but damn that body is fine. Wish he could have stayed in his underwear all episode.

Razmos

Not interested in the love triangle, I wanna see more Kevin/Moose
/(Reggie?)
Even though I'm gay, I have to say Veronica is quite hot.
Also absolutely this, she is smoking. Crazy hot. I find myself captivated by her in a weird way. Huh

bremon

Lots of Ronnie fans in here but I'm a Betty fan lol. Was open-minded towards this show, liked the first episode, loved the second. I'm hooked!

Wazzy

Banned
I really like this show so far.

I think my only two complaints are that Archie has no chemistry with both Betty and Veronica which is too bad because they're all super attractive. I don't think they've sold the love triangle at all. The other complaint is I'm not feeling Reggie's portrayal. He looks good but his personality isn't working for me.

Otherwise I love everything else and I'm excited to see where they go with this show.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I really like this show so far.

I think my only two complaints are that Archie has no chemistry with both Betty and Veronica which is too bad because they're all super attractive. I don't think they've sold the love triangle at all. The other complaint is I'm not feeling Reggie's portrayal. He looks good but his personality isn't working for me.

Otherwise I love everything else and I'm excited to see where they go with this show.

I'm waiting on Reggie to go full Luke from The OC. He'll be redeemed!

I just caught up with both episodes but yeah I thought Id give it a go, didnt know id like it as much as I did. It pulled me in lol.

Pilgrimzero

I wish the A/B/V thing was played up more. In the comics everyone is dating everyone and Archie has a wandering eye.

As it stands he only wants the teacher and B/V seem to not want to let him get between them.

JonnyKong

I decided to give the two episodes a watch since I saw all you lot talking about it.

Even though there's a part of my brain that knows the show is terrible, I can't help but want to keep watching.

It's probably because Archie is beautiful.

I think what I like about it is that it (kinda) has a Life is Strange vibe about it, and I really hope they sort out Kevin's character soon. At the moment I personally think he's one of the more terribly, cliche written gay characters I've seen on TV for ages. I wonder if he's actually said a line of dialogue yet which doesn't evolve around the fact he's gay?

JonnyKong

And if we're all guessing who the killer is, I'm putting my vote on Moose, he seems too quiet in the background at the moment. Maybe Jason somehow discovered he's a secret gay so Moose offed him, bit extreme I know, but has happened in other TV shows!

Top Bottom