• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
C3tJ2opUoAAByPg.jpg:large

I wish the A/B/V thing was played up more. In the comics everyone is dating everyone and Archie has a wandering eye.

As it stands he only wants the teacher and B/V seem to not want to let him get between them.

It's only 2 episodes in, and the Grundy thing seems to be on its way out. I'm sure there'll be plenty of A/B/V shenanigans to come!

And if we're all guessing who the killer is, I'm putting my vote on Moose, he seems too quiet in the background at the moment. Maybe Jason somehow discovered he's a secret gay so Moose offed him, bit extreme I know, but has happened in other TV shows!
Now, that would be the absolute most cliché gay character on television.

LionPride

Banned
And if we're all guessing who the killer is, I'm putting my vote on Moose, he seems too quiet in the background at the moment. Maybe Jason somehow discovered he's a secret gay so Moose offed him, bit extreme I know, but has happened in other TV shows!

That would piss people off more than whatever The 100 did to upset people

wetflame

Pizza Dog
"He was supposed to come back" fascinating.

What with the creepy cult like white clothes they were wearing and her asking "if he was ready" it sounds like there's some cult ritual or something. Either for him to drown and "come back" through resuscitation, which he didn't. Or to actually die and come back which might explain how he "died" a week after being shot.

I'm not discounting supernatural shenanigans yet, since from what I've heard it isn't unusual for the source material.
I figured that they were just trying to fake his disappearance for some reason (prank? fame?) and he was supposed to either be found or return to Riverdale in this big "oh my god he's alive!" media frenzy or something, but then someone found him while he was hiding out and shot him. So Cherry is guilty of lying to police but not his murder. I doubt there's any crazy supernatural stuff involved, as much as I love Afterlife with Archie.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the A/B/V thing was played up more. In the comics everyone is dating everyone and Archie has a wandering eye.

As it stands he only wants the teacher and B/V seem to not want to let him get between them.

Two episodes in?

They have to build that stuff up. I already think that the Betty "do you love me" conversation happened way too soon as did the Archie/Veronica kiss.

TheFlow

Banned
Just watched the first two with my fam. We liked it. Kinda cliche but still good enough to keep me tuning in.

So was Jason killed the day of and his body kept for a week before put out on the river or nah?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Watching the first episode and I fucking hate everything about it. Every character introduction is an expository fact dump, it's charmless, and it's nowhere near stylish enough for this sleazy thriller angle they're going for.

Not

Banned
So many cringetastic sentences and plot points

But Jughead's cool and his friendship with Archie seems great. More of that

Betty is doing weird things to me. I've always been about Betty since I was little, but this actress, man

TheFlow

Banned
I thought it was implied Jason died, but the body was hid, and that archie and the teacher hearing the gunshot was the same day as the lake incident.

Fuu

I thought it was implied Jason died, but the body was hid, and that archie and the teacher hearing the gunshot was the same day as the lake incident.
this is what Jughead narrated at the end of the episode:

JUGHEAD: As shocking as those three words were, they were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during its autopsy. That Jason didn't die on July 4th, as we believed, but over a week later.

they heard a shot that day, but it was not the one that killed Jason.

TheFlow

Banned
this is what Jughead narrated at the end of the episode:

JUGHEAD: As shocking as those three words were, they were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during its autopsy. That Jason didn't die on July 4th, as we believed, but over a week later.

they heard a shot that day, but it was not the one that killed Jason.
Ahh! Mind blown

akumu

Tuned in to the first two episodes after hearing all the positive replies on this thread.. turns out the show's just alright.

Okay, I'm kidding. It's legit a good show, and the portrayal of the main characters is so well done! I'm loving Jughead even more than in the comics.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ya'll got any more of those new episodes tonight??

#1.03 "Chapter Three: Body Double"
Episode Promo
Inside: Body Double
THE GIRL WHO CRIED SHOTGUN - After new information surrounding Jason's death comes to light, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) finds herself under a cloud of suspicion and forced to come clean about the last time she saw her brother. Meanwhile, Archie (KJ Apa) makes a tough decision that puts a major strain on his relationship with Miss Grundy (guest star Sarah Habel). Elsewhere, Betty (Lili Reinhart) decides to revive the school newspaper and asks for Jughead's (Cole Sprouse) help in investigating Jason's death, while Veronica (Camila Mendes) and Ethel (guest star Shannon Purser) work on exposing some of Riverdale High's football players after rumors of a "shame book" begin to circulate. Finally, after getting grounded by his dad Fred (Luke Perry), Archie must figure out a way to make it to the Taste of Riverdale event where Josie (Ashleigh Murray) and the Pussycats will be performing a song he helped write. Lee Toland Kreiger directed the episode written by Yolonda E. Lawrence (#103.)
rvd103a-0015b-229590.jpg

Tuned in to the first two episodes after hearing all the positive replies on this thread.. turns out the show's just alright.

Okay, I'm kidding. It's legit a good show, and the portrayal of the main characters is so well done! I'm loving Jughead even more than in the comics.

Knew you'd enjoy it =D

So, who are GAF's top 5 suspects?

Fuu

I don't even know how much this can still be considered a spoiler at this point, but BMD has an article about the exclusive Aguirre-Sacasa gave to TheWrap last week.

It's just their take on what we already know with some extra info about the comics, but the article includes a theory that would be wild as fuck:

3) Madam Satan

She's the witch Edward threw over for a mere mortal, and once she's raised from Gehenna - the eternal destination of the wicked - she devotes her considerable resources to destroying the child born of that affair. Madam Satan is rad as hell, and here's a pretty solid theory that could be a SPOILER:

(wait for it)

In the comic, she disguises herself as a teacher at Sabrina's high school and convinces Betty and Veronica to do her bidding. In last week's episode of Riverdale, Kevin joked that Veronica had been "possessed by Madam Satan" when she kissed Archie, but maybe it's another Archie paramour who's hiding Satanic depths. I'm telling you, I don't trust this hot new Miss Grundy.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Knew you'd enjoy it =D

So, who are GAF's top 5 suspects?

For me:

#1. Blossom Family Conspiracy
#2. Polly
#3. Alice Cooper
#4. Hot Dog
#5. Some new yet to be seen sexy stranger

Goodstyle

New episode tonight at 9/8c! Betty and Veronica get a little...dark.
Yeeessss... Drag Betty into the darkness Veronica... Paint her pitch black.

Side note, I like how both of them are striving to be more like each other in this show. Could potentially be one of my fave TV friendships ever.

Replicant

I got some juicy spoilers about future episodes which I'm not sure if I should or should not post here.

But wow, if it's true, and I hope it is, this show will be ace.

Goodstyle

I got some juicy spoilers about future episodes which I'm not sure if I should or should not post here.

Dude, don't post spoilers here ever! Not even in spoiler tags. There will be people who can't resist the temptation and will look even when they know they shouldn't. Do it on a case by case basis, wait till they ask you to send them a personal message.

ryseing

Dude, don't post spoilers here ever! Not even in spoiler tags. There will be people who can't resist the temptation and will look even when they know they shouldn't. Do it on a case by case basis, wait till they ask you to send them a personal message.

As someone who does this, you're absolutely right. Don't post them.

kirblar

I don't even know how much this can still be considered a spoiler at this point, but BMD has an article about the exclusive Aguirre-Sacasa gave to TheWrap last week.

It's just their take on what we already know with some extra info about the comics, but the article includes a theory that would be wild as fuck:

3) Madam Satan

She's the witch Edward threw over for a mere mortal, and once she's raised from Gehenna - the eternal destination of the wicked - she devotes her considerable resources to destroying the child born of that affair. Madam Satan is rad as hell, and here's a pretty solid theory that could be a SPOILER:

(wait for it)

In the comic, she disguises herself as a teacher at Sabrina's high school and convinces Betty and Veronica to do her bidding. In last week's episode of Riverdale, Kevin joked that Veronica had been "possessed by Madam Satan" when she kissed Archie, but maybe it's another Archie paramour who's hiding Satanic depths. I'm telling you, I don't trust this hot new Miss Grundy.
This feels very much like S1 is almost mimicking
Game of Thrones S1 in dancing around heavy supernatural/genre elements it's holding to unveil in the finale.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah no, it's the posters fault if people wanna click them tags? Nope

PM?

ZeroX03

Banned

Yes post them up.

This is bullshit. It's your own fault if you can resist clicking. There's no rules against posting spoilers as long as they're behind tags. It's completely fine.

Spoilers have absolutely ruined the TWD threads, so I'm with Goodstyle on this. I'd rather people didn't post them here. Cannot be fucked with clicking on the thread to see walls of spoiler text.

Pachimari

Even though spoilers are allowed I wouldn't do it. There's always somebody who don't understand how to go about spoilers on GAF, this forum is a minefield of spoilers.

Even though spoilers are allowed I wouldn't do it. There's always somebody who don't understand how to go about spoilers on GAF, this forum is a minefield of spoilers.

These aren't spoilers in the sense of "I saw the episode an hour earlier than you did." He/she probably got his hands on a leaked screener of some sort, which was then pirated. Not sure the GAF policy on spoiling stuff weeks ahead of scheduled airings, but it truly sucks for those who want to enjoy the show on a week by week basis.

kirblar

Spoilers/teasers in interviews and such are fine, people will come across them and want to discuss them. Non-public spoilers are a different thing altogether and definitely are a bad thing for threads.

Pachimari

These aren't spoilers in the sense of "I saw the episode an hour earlier than you did." He/she probably got his hands on a leaked screener of some sort, which was then pirated. Not sure the GAF policy on spoiling stuff weeks ahead of scheduled airings, but it truly sucks for those who want to enjoy the show on a week by week basis.

I know this, since he don't have access to future episodes, but anything future episode related (unless it's promos or teasings by you) should probably be kept away from the thread, since I've seen time and time again on GAF how people can't keep stuff to themselves. Basically, I don't think he should be sharing, although it's not against the policy here.

Spoilers/teasers in interviews and such are fine, people will come across them and want to discuss them. Non-public spoilers are a different thing altogether and definitely are a bad thing for threads.

This basically.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anything goes behind spoiler tags. Nobody should pussy foot around others who can't handle the rules. If you don't like it, don't read the thread. I stay out of Star Wars threads for that very reason, I don't want any spoilers tagged or not (and still got spoiled ha).

Now, time for a new episode. Is Josie going to finally get some character development?

Top Bottom