• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

The question remains: Who. Killed. Jason?

Bet GAF cant find out... ::HINT:: She/He/He/She has been on screen in the first 3 episodes. Good luck!

Pluto

The question remains: Who. Killed. Jason?

Bet GAF cant find out...

::HINT::

She/He/He/She has been on screen in the first 3 episodes. Good luck!
I've posted several times now that it's obviously Betty's dad and so have several others.

Reason's why he's the killer:

1. Lochlyn Munroe isn't an A list celebrity but too big of a name to play an irrelevant bit part (which is what Betty's dad is so far).

2. Mr. Cooper could be kept off screen until he's needed so why was he cast for the pilot? To avoid a situation where the killer is first introduced to the audience two episodes before he's revealed of course. You cannot write a murder mystery without having the murderer around from the start. Well, technically you can but the audience wouldn't like it.

3. Both of Betty's parents are around! In shows like this every kid only needs one parent for parental scenes which is why Mr. Lodge and Mrs. Andrews are not in town. Betty having two parents means one is the spare who will be written out and considering how intense Betty's mom is it makes sense to reveal the the dad as the killer.
He also happens to be a guest star and not a regular like Mädchen Amick.

I've posted several times now that it's obviously Betty's dad and so have several others.

Reason's why he's the killer:

1. Lochlyn Munroe isn't an A list celebrity but too big of a name to play an irrelevant bit part (which is what Betty's dad is so far).

2. Mr. Cooper could be kept off screen until he's needed so why was he cast for the pilot? To avoid a situation where the killer is first introduced to the audience two episodes before he's revealed of course. You cannot write a murder mystery without having the murderer around from the start. Well, technically you can but the audience wouldn't like it.

3. Both of Betty's parents are around! In shows like this every kid only needs one parent for parental scenes which is why Mr. Lodge and Mrs. Andrews are not in town. Betty having two parents means one is the spare who will be written out and considering how intense Betty's mom is it makes sense to reveal the the dad as the killer.
He also happens to be a guest star and not a regular like Mädchen Amick.

Interesting...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This was fun episode.

- Loved Veronica going scorched earth on the Riverdale football team
- Jughead's narration is distracting. Can't tell if it's supposed to be stilted because he's an aspiring writer
- Betty has some serious darkness in her. Jeez. I've seen people try to drink when they're on muscle relaxers. It's always a shit show. How did she even know about that? Hmmm
- Archie is now an honorary Pussycat. Yay
- I liked that they got a little investigative group creeping around the high school at night
- The preview for next week is INSANE. INSANE!

New theory. ETHEL KILLED JASON. Riverdale Season 2: War of the Redheads

This was fun episode.

- Jughead's narration is distracting. Can't tell if it's supposed to be stilted because he's an aspiring writer
- Betty has some serious darkness in her. Jeez. I've seen people try to drink when they're on muscle relaxers. It's always a shit show. How did she even know about that? Hmmm
- I liked that they got a little investigative group creeping around the high school at night

Keep on the trail, Grizz...

Who the fuck killed Jason Blossom?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I'm still going with my theory that Cheryl and Jason and their fam are Satanists or some shit and this leads directly into Sabrina somehow.

scarlet

I'll just link the spoilers instead of spoiler-bracketing it. You can either go there or not. They have their own spoiler tag there so you have at least 2 times (by not clicking the link below AND by not opening the spoiler tag on the other board) to back out. ;)

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!! NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO CLICK

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/3...lers-and-spoiled-speculation/#comment-2940480

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/3...d-spoiled-speculation/?page=2#comment-2968102

So who did it?

Mom or dad? spoilers kinda vague

Been a fun little background series while I work, but it's definitely the Betty and Veronica show. Archie is just...frustrating, Jughead has potential but kind of feels off right now, Cheryl is fun in a crazy bitch kind of way, and I'm glad the Pussycats were given some kind of character time because they came off really bad in the earlier episodes. As for Ms. Grundy, I wonder if she felt any revulsion for herself as she described Archie to his dad as a good "kid."

Also absolutely this, she is smoking. Crazy hot. I find myself captivated by her in a weird way. Huh

Is she? I keep seeing this in here, but not on screen. I don't know. She's pretty, but I don't really get anything from her. I thought her body was nice?

Guys, I have real problems with the Veronica/Betty/jock storyline. Now what he did was wrong, I fully admit that, but b&v committed some serious crimes in their payback. I don't think drugging and what pretty much amounts to torture is really acceptable. Especially with them getting a slap on the wrist in universe as punishment. If the genders had been flipped, think of what the outcry would have been for their actions.

Chase17

Weakest episode for sure (but still decent). Thought the Archie and (especially) Jughead parts were the best of the show.

Chuck is not the brightest.

Next week looks interesting.

carlsojo

Jason went to see Polly to apologize to her (or even take her to run away with him?) but ran into Betty instead. Betty tortures and killed Jason as "Polly". She's fucking insane.

Her mom probably knows and is trying to cover it up which is why she didn't want her wearing Polly's lipstick. She's trying to make Betty suppress "Polly". Maybe she executed Jason for her?

This show is so, so, so good. CW keeps on winning.

Joni

I don't know if they should have revealed what happened between Jason and Cheryl so soon. It feels so mundane.

ZeroX03

Banned
That was really good but fucking weird. What started as a blunt as a sledgehammer morality tale about slut shaming turned into a very bleak look at dissociative identity disorder involving drugging and torturing someone? Uh? What?

Next Week Promo (!!!)

Also quickly becoming clear that while Archie is the anchor around which things happen, Betty and Veronica are the actual leads. Jughead's the moral center. Archie is the least important of the core four, the show is called Riverdale not Archie for a reason, it's about all their books and characters.

Oh the AV Club (A-) literally just says what I said with more eloquence and depth lol. That was eerie to read.

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/3...lers-and-spoiled-speculation/#comment-2940480

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/3...d-spoiled-speculation/?page=2#comment-2968102

There were screeners for the first four episodes so it makes sense those first spoilers are reliable. As for the later season stuff, I think it makes sense and sounds fucking fantastic. But they'd have to come from someone VERY close to production, they only just finished shooting. The final episode hasn't even finished post production.

E: oh we have someone who works on the show here? Cool!

Parahan

Guys, I have real problems with the Veronica/Betty/jock storyline. Now what he did was wrong, I fully admit that, but b&v committed some serious crimes in their payback. I don't think drugging and what pretty much amounts to torture is really acceptable. Especially with them getting a slap on the wrist in universe as punishment. If the genders had been flipped, think of what the outcry would have been for their actions.

I have to agree, I thought B&V were going to be suspended. Also chuck was the first main black character introduced in the comics, he was a super nice kid who wanted to be an artist. Kinda sad they chose him of all the characters to be the mysogynistic shitty guy.

Also what's with grundy raping Archie while his dad develops a crush on her. Messed up shit. Hope they address this.

MartyStu

I'll just link the spoilers instead of spoiler-bracketing it. You can either go there or not. They have their own spoiler tag there so you have at least 2 times (by not clicking the link below AND by not opening the spoiler tag on the other board) to back out. ;)

I am soooo in for this.

I have to agree, I thought B&V were going to be suspended. Also chuck was the first main black character introduced in the comics, he was a super nice kid who wanted to be an artist. Kinda sad they chose him of all the characters to be the mysogynistic shitty guy.

Technically, it's implied most of the varsity guys were of that type. The only one not implicated was Archie.

Sheeeeeesh, Betty! I knew she had a darker side but that went from 1 to 11 real fast. Nice to see Jughead playing detective and solving the mystery of the gunshot.

Grundy plotline about to get real interesting going by that promo.

Veronica in that swimsuit... 😮

People just need to post more gifs online until the show catches on lol

tumblr_ol53jarpwK1qjz9w2o1_250.gif

tumblr_ol53e9OlKq1r9dm6no1_540.gif

tumblr_ol57g7PPkX1r0a0smo1_250.gif

tumblr_ol53e9OlKq1r9dm6no2_540.gif

tumblr_ol53c0ceUI1r0a0smo1_500.gif

tumblr_ol56g3Ae1L1v1jzoxo1_400.gif

tumblr_ol56g3Ae1L1v1jzoxo2_400.gif

tumblr_ol610fUBCh1v1jzoxo4_250.gif

Bubble

Neo Member
Good episode, though I do agree that Archie is the weakest character of the main group so far. Betty & Veronica are definitely running the show, and I can't say that I'm opposed to that.

Hopefully they'll be done with the Archie/Ms. Grundy relationship stuff in the next episode because I am not feeling it. Not to mention it is kind of fucked up.

Fliesen

This show is like, really really good.

My girlfriend loves it. It's not as silly / dumb as Pretty little liars, not as ... super-meta-but-also-kinda-derivative as Scream.

Also, ... #justiceforethel, amazing.

Also, Luke Perry is so old. And i don't care about Archie whatsoever. But that's okay, i guess.

jwk94

This was fun episode.

I'm pegging Betty as the killer. She wanted revenge for what Jason did to her sister so she found him, wherever he went, and killed him.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can we also take a moment to appreciate how Veronica, no matter where the fuck she may be, is always dressed to the nines?

Always in pearls. Always has the best outfits. And her eyebrow game is A++

I'm pegging Betty as the killer. She wanted revenge for what Jason did to her sister so she found him, wherever he went, and killed him.

I want to point the finger at Betty so bad, but I can't get there. She even has the ominous musical cues when she gets spacey. She might have a medical condition and not even know about it. Maybe her mom switches the label on the pills. Could be genetic. Sister flips out, Mom is obviously a pot stirrer, and now Betty is giving James McAvoy a run for his money.

Top Bottom