• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

It was his letterman jacket and it would be considered appropriate in most circumstances.

If he wasn't giving the mom Jason's jersey it would look weird as hell, but people should dress how they want to grieve etc.

I just thought it was funny how even Jughead put on a tie, and then Archie's just chilling with his letterman jacket.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If he wasn't giving the mom Jason's jersey it would look weird as hell, but people should dress how they want to grieve etc.

I just thought it was funny how even Jughead put on a tie, and then Archie's just chilling with his letterman jacket.

Archie was wearing a tie and shirt underneath the jacket, too. He was representing the football team of which Jason was a member.

I mean, google image search football player funeral. It's pretty normal.

Archie was wearing a tie and shirt underneath the jacket, too. He was representing the football team of which Jason was a member.

heathers-2.gif

Yeah, most of those pictures show jerseys. As I said in my earlier post, who cares what you wear to a funeral, you just don't see the letterman jacket look much.

Gin-Shiio

Time to update my list of most shittiest parents of Riverdale.

I found it interesting that Cheryl's grandma, who had lived closer to the family feud and possibly even been affected on a personal level would be the one to give the okay for Jason's and Polly's wedding. She freaked me the hell out in that scene, but she is really the only decent being in that family.

It should be a given that Betty's parents are involved now, but at the same time it feels a little too early for the show to give that away? Is it just another red herring?

Dalek

Getting caught up on last weeks episode and I notice the head of the motorcycle gang looks familiar-it's Skeet Ulrich and he's ancient!

I'm getting so old.

Dahbomb

The split personality theory makes very little sense to me as many people in the town treat them as two separate people. Including people who interact with Betty regularly. Unless it's some Truman Show madness where everyone except Betty knows.

Also because
they've cast Polly and it's not Betty's actress lol
*Never seen Polly and Betty together in the same frame.
*Never seen a picture of Polly in the house.
*Betty is on medicine and clearly has mental issues.
*Parents won't even let Betty talk to Polly or see her.
*Why would Betty call herself Polly on the pool scene?
*Why does her mother freak out about Betty so much? Plus the whole "SAY MY NAME!" scene.

Even if we see the "real" Polly in that hospital, I bet it's a fake as in a plant or hired actor to deceive everyone.

Also maybe everyone IS in on it. Or maybe no one ever saw Betty and Polly together to know that they were the same person (for this to happen Polly would never have gone to school because you know, classes and school records). Betty does sort of wear a wig and all while being in Polly mode.

All I know is that split personality or not, Betty has some dirt on her and I can smell it. I just want this twist to be true so that it can complete the Shymalan poetry of full circle.

carlsojo

That episode was really, really, really good.

Cheryl is amazing.

Love the investigations.

Hiram is probably going to be the season 2 big bad huh.

Betty's parents are insane. I would have thought her dad was "normal" but the she's SICK and she's not coming home until she's not SICK anymore speech was pretty chilling.

Another solid episode. I like that they has Archie and Valerie pair up a bit, which is a reference to the more (relatively) recent comics.

It was also nice to see the less douchey side of Reggie.

A quick moan about the Football part.

How does that coach let their star Wide Receiver take that kind of punishment. I mean, people know what concussions do, and people would have set Roger Goodell's dick on fire if a player was in the next snap after some of those hits in an NFL game. Furthermore, there shouldn't be a captain's battle going on in the first place there; as the offence and defense have different captians since they're on the field at different times. That's before we get to the fact that the cornerback that was covering Archie is competing for the same job, and seems to be OK with injuring his way to that spot.

Anyway, moan over, happy to see that there's plenty of space for Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Faddy

Banned
The split personality theory makes very little sense to me as many people in the town treat them as two separate people. Including people who interact with Betty regularly. Unless it's some Truman Show madness where everyone except Betty knows.

Also because

It is a dumb idea because it would require Archie, Jughead and Kevin all to be in on it as well.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Damn, ratings went down again, looking pretty dire... I wonder how the show is faring on streaming.

Damn, ratings went down again, looking pretty dire... I wonder how the show is fairing on streaming.

I never catch it live so I'm part of the problem? And the solution!?

If they go with Betty being Polly, I'm out. Especially with how vindictive and malicious the Blossom bloodline is. I don't think they would allow that to fly in "their" town.

Good episode. My call of Betty's dad destroying the evidence was correct but the focus of him potentially being the killer probably means he isn't actually the killer.

Have I missed something for why the Blossom's dislike the Lodge's so much or has it yet to be revealed in the show? Or is it just simply they don't like having the wife and daughter of a criminal in their town?

Archie still isn't much interesting. Everyone else is trying to solve the murder and he's just playing music. I get that it's intentional because it's Archie so he can't be super edgy, but his scenes are usually my least favorite of an episode. At least they get the music vs football conflict out of the way.

I think Betty's parents are lying of the reason they sent Polly away being more then just her trying to kill herself. Even with the reveal she and Jason were going to marry. The fact they won't let Betty contact her at all just screams something else that Betty will find out whenever she inevitable meets her sister.

Every episode just keeps shitting on Betty more with how messed up her life becomes which is some real accidental comedy gold at times.

The maple syrup shit was kind of hilarious.

Did I mishear or did Cheryl go 'I'm sorry KJ' or something when she finished her speech and turned to Jason's coffin?

Also because
Also I'm pretty sure I read an article where Betty's actress debunked the theory too.

Fritz

Is the incestious thing between Cherryl and Jason just the elephant in the room or has that been discussed into limbo?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is the incestious thing between Cherryl and Jason just the elephant in the room or has that been discussed into limbo?

It's a big plot point in Afterlife with Archie. I can't tell if the show is dancing around it or they're just genuinely close here. I feel like they're alluding to it but that just might be me looking for it.

Fancolors

I liked the episode, despite feeling it was a little weaker compared to last week's. Archie's struggles as a musician is still the weakest aspect of the show, but Veronica makes up for it.

Gin-Shiio

Archie right now is a little weird a character. His plotlines aren't interesting, and he doesn't feel needed in the group dynamic either. In fact, with the Grundy plotline over, there doesn't even seem to be much of a connection to Betty, Veronica and Jug anymore. If Archie were to be removed from the show right now, I don't think I would even care. As they are pushing him as the de facto face of the show, I find that a little problematic.

carlsojo

So right now Archie is kind of extra... even with his struggling musician/football guy story. The best way for them to kind of tie him back to the main story is that he's the next target of the killer since he looks like Jason.

Matt

Felt a bit rough to me, too. Couldn't put my finger on it, apart from the growingly ridiculous "every parent is scum" thing.
I'm not even talking about the plot points, just the moment to moment dialogue. V's Mom saying "I don't trust half the people in this town, just you" for example.

There were a bunch of lines like that, just sloppy.

Not a huge fan that the reason the Coopers and Blossoms hate each other is because of a maple syrup blood feud from 3 generations ago, tbh.

Penelope making Alice seem like a decent mother with that dinner scene though, Christ. Serious sympathy for Cheryl this episode.

Modifying my
Polly
killed Jason theory. Maybe the reveal at the end was
Hal visiting Polly, and she decided to confide in him and gave him the files.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

It's a big plot point in Afterlife with Archie. I can't tell if the show is dancing around it or they're just genuinely close here. I feel like they're alluding to it but that just might be me looking for it.
There's definitely something there, although I don't know if the characters went physical with it. I like how this episode made it go from just a creepy thing to more of a sad situation. Cheryl seems genuinely emotionally stunted due to her family and that shed a new light on the way she acts and how she feels about her brother. I'm enjoying how the show keeps unwrapping these facets and making their situations more layered, like with Jughead and Cheryl in the last couple of episodes.

By the way, we still don't know where Jughead is sleeping. He seemed clean enough and even scored that suit, so at least he's not on the streets.

Slaythe

I felt that way a little too, but the highs are still enjoyable, and I want to see where it's going.

I still think it's an amazing cast and the photography of the show is amazing, but that late into the season I can't help but feel they wasted the show's potential.

And they also fell into the "parents" trap every teen show besides Buffy fell into, and it kind of annoyed me.

Chase17

This is a 13 episode season right?

Liked the pilot a lot, but the shows been on a decline since then. Going to give it a couple more weeks at least though.

Reggie and Cheryl got a bit of depth and love in this episode. I'm glad.

Good stuff and I knew Daddy Cooper was up to no good. That dude has been in everything.

Top Bottom