• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Gleethor

a8e8q652w42o.jpg
Pic I took.

I3rand0

I'm on PS4 and I cannot calibrtae my guitar for the life of me. It doesn't seem like anything is registering but the frets are showing up in the bottom panel when I press them.

zulux21

man it is beyond stupid that the only button that does anything on the ps4 controller for vocals is the options to pause the game, no setting changes on the fly, and the bigger issue no way to activate star power without being loud in the mic :/

I was hoping the star power stuff was just in the guitars and what not... but I mean this is beyond stupid...

oh the select button is gone so we can't do it... because we can't replace it with the 10 other buttons that aren't being used -_-

anyways, first rock band 4 song played.

Imagine Dragons - I bet my life.

That's really bad. I'm sorry to hear it :( Happened to me with Smash 4 and sucked hard. Tends to happen sometimes with stock problems and just isn't doled out fairly at all - some people can order a day before it comes out and get it and early orders can get stuffed. It's a rare place where Amazon can be absolutely terrible. Talk to someone on Amazon chat or over the phone when you get a chance and see if you can get any details and see if they can do anything about it.

Thanks. I'm going to travel around when the stores open and see if I can at least find a legacy adapter or guitar bundle to hold me over til they sort out my Amazon issue. I'm not hopeful though with the way people have been talking about any Xbox One stock :/

Ninhead

You're not the first one I've heard this happened to tonight and I'm afraid I'm going to turn my XB1 on after work and get NXE'd.

I thought out loud "It'll never happen to me. I've been good. It could never happen... *IT'S TIME FOR AN UPDATE!*". Sorry, "My God is the Sun". We'll have to do this tomorrow afternoon.

Wait it doesn't work on NXE?

I believe the game itself works, but people have been having problems with the instruments working with NXE installed.

I thought out loud "It'll never happen to me. I've been good. It could never happen... *IT'S TIME FOR AN UPDATE!*". Sorry, "My God is the Sun". We'll have to do this tomorrow afternoon.

Well I know there was an update for NXE tonight so maybe that addressed something? I've been stuck at a pendingenrollchange for like 2 weeks so I don't know when I'll end up getting stuck downloading it.

Was wondering if it's been mentioned at all didn't see it in the OT and didn't find anything on Google. But by chance can you use the rock band 4 instruments to play Rock Band 3? All my legacy instruments are junk and was curious if I could start up some RB3 with those instruments. This would be PS3/4

zulux21

hmmm when I take a screen shot of the game I can see the full screen of

on my TV manage character is mostly cut off.

I have the screen size set correctly in the ps4 settings, and if I shrink the screen a bit it doesn't seem to change rock band... meh not a big deal but still weird.

Was wondering if it's been mentioned at all didn't see it in the OT and didn't find anything on Google. But by chance can you use the rock band 4 instruments to play Rock Band 3? All my legacy instruments are junk and was curious if I could start up some RB3 with those instruments. This would be PS3/4

Nope. Sorry bro.

zulux21

I will have to try out the new modes tomorrow (and ideally the store will be up since the psn sucks to get stuff from as it stands since it doesn't get that free is cheaper than costs something)

but my first thoughts....
very bare bones.

I knew it was coming, but I feel like they could have easily stolen more stuff from their older games...

I mean I can't even color my mic from what I can see which is just sad.

I believe the game itself works, but people have been having problems with the instruments working with NXE installed.

Well I know there was an update for NXE tonight so maybe that addressed something? I've been stuck at a pendingenrollchange for like 2 weeks so I don't know when I'll end up getting stuck downloading it.

A guy on Reddit with nxoe says its been working fine for him, only quirk is that he has to press a button on his xbox one controller every 15 mins or so otherwise the screen dims

Gleethor

Actually, did you export it on ps3 before? I sure didn't and I can't search for it. It would make sense i guess.

Sorry for the double post

I never exported it on ps3. I don't think you can search for it, I found it by sorting RB4 add on list from lowest price to highest price and scrolled all the way down. Only way I can find it.

Just spoke to Amazon and they told me when I paid off my order I got moved to the back of the queue and so I am not getting a copy until the next shipment of the game arrives. glorious.

It's unfortunate that there is no online multiplayer. A close friend who lives many states away from me was looking forward to getting it for that so I could play along. This alone would've influenced a console purchase heavily for me.

Also unfortunate that for the moment, the only way I can buy the new drums controller is to buy the entire Rock Band 4 bundle, rather than just getting the drums and the game.

Gonna have to wait it out a bit. Maybe by the time Black Friday deals hit for current consoles something may change.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So played for a bit on PS4, and got two very annoying issues:
- Auto Calibration with the RB2 guitar does not work, it doesn't pick any sound or flashes and just fails. Works fine in RB3.
- The RB2 drums (playing drums is the reason I got this) keep fuckong "disconnecting" giving me misses like every three notes or less, making them unplayable. WTF Harmonix? :(

I3rand0

So played for a bit on PS4, and got two very annoying issues:
- Auto Calibration with the RB2 guitar does not work, it doesn't pick any sound or flashes and just fails. Works fine in RB3.
- The RB2 drums (playing drums is the reason I got this) keep fuckong "disconnecting" giving me misses like every three notes or less, making them unplayable. WTF Harmonix? :(

I'm having the same issue with older guitars and auto calibration.

BJK

Video and audio calibration both took me two tries on the PS4, but they worked eventually.

The game's been out for an hour, and I've already played through my holy trinity (Foo Fighters, Killers, Paramore) for the first time. So good to have the franchise back on the new hardware!

Hellers

Amazon stiffed me on the game and adaptor too. Emailed me after I went to be saying they don't know when they can get it. Nice of them to tell me too late to get it by launch.

Are there availability issues? Gamestop.com has both guitar bundles, Xbox BiaB, and Xbox game with adapter all unavailable online

I3rand0

Video and audio calibration both took me two tries on the PS4, but they worked eventually.

The game's been out for an hour, and I've already played through my holy trinity (Foo Fighters, Killers, Paramore) for the first time. So good to have the franchise back on the new hardware!

Are you using legacy controllers? If so, did you do anything specifically?

Fiddling around with my PS3 peripherals.

Seems like the Midi Pro Adapter only detects drumkits. Setting it to guitar does nothing and setting it to keyboard crashes the game.

Mustang Pro dongle doesn't assign the guitar a controller port so it can go from "in testing" to "doesnt work" the official list. Shame, I thought that thing would be amazing in the freestyles solos.

Ions work fine.

Only problem I can see is that even though both the Ions and Midi adapter allow you to pick pro drums it will always display the regular drums icon.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The vocals in harmony mode feel very off compared to rb3. I know I'm hitting them perfectly, but they are bouncing around like crazy.

The lack of a rb3 style practice mode with tone training is going to kill a lot of the fun for me if it doesn't eventually get added however.

Anyone else missing a bunch of songs? I'm combing through the store now grabbing the songs I missed previously, and there are a crapton of songs that aren't showing up as purchased.

A guy on Reddit with nxoe says its been working fine for him, only quirk is that he has to press a button on his xbox one controller every 15 mins or so otherwise the screen dims
I can confirm the same, iv had no issues outside of the screen dimming. I just put the controller by my foot and flicked the stick if it dimmed.

Man the game is a blast so far. I can't wait to play more tomorrow, I'm looking to get a band together but that's hard to do midweek. Gonna finish downloading my songs in the morning. Good luck to the rest of you and may the power of rock be with you all.

Top Bottom