• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

The game plays really nice, seems to be a bit more forgiving than other Rock Band games.

I did the manual calibration and it gave me some crazy numbers but it feels good.

Kemal86

Anyone else missing a bunch of songs? I'm combing through the store now grabbing the songs I missed previously, and there are a crapton of songs that aren't showing up as purchased.

I found that pressing A (Xbox One) on songs I knew that I'd purchased, but it said cost $1.99, would actually let me grab them for free. I think it's just a display error in the Rock Band 4 Music Store.

Went to Meijer and they had all versions of the PS4 game, but only BiaB and Guitar combo for XBO. Wal-Mart had no idea what they were going to be putting out since it was buried somewhere.

I grabbed one of the guitar bundles for XBO just in case. I am still heading to BB in the morning to see if there is shenanigans with my preorder for the game and adapter bundle. Bullshit that I ordered it in late august and still can't get it on release day.

Seriously just hoping to get a guitar bundle there and return it to Meijer so I can get the GCU discount at BB, and then pray I find an adapter separately.
I barely play anything but guitar, and all my 360 guitars have small issues, so figured why not get a new guitar. Some buttons stick on some. Upstrum is broken on others. Tilt sensor on another. The only one that works without a hitch is the McCartney bass.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Song sorting is abysmal compared to RB3 :( There's zero filters (that I can see).

I forgot to mention this too. RB3's selection screen was PERFECT. It had everything you ever needed and was quick as hell.

I feel I'm just going to pick this game apart due to it feeling like a stripped down version of RB3 in every way. I'll just shut up til the first major changes patch shoes up.

zulux21

I'm really really really really hoping that ready to download tab is for all the free songs eventually.

this is going to take forever to get everything, especially with the loading errors and what not :p

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Oh shit. I just realized that that Guitar Hero World Tour drums work with the XB1 legacy adapters. That means I can use those as my interface for my edrums like I used to before they released the pro MIDI adapter.

Sweet! Now I just need to find the legacy adapter and I can actually play RB4 instead staring forlornly at the screen.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I have Rock Band 1 and 2 on PS3 (used copies). I saw the Rock Band 1 Song Export thing on PSN. If I buy that do I need to boot the disc and verify anything? And for Rock Band 2 it's just hoping the code on the back of the manual works, and if not I contact EA and hope for the best?

Another one here with the 4am email from Amazon saying they dun goofed and won't actually be able to deliver the adapted bundle I'd ordered, despite them taking the money and preparing to dispatch all yesterday.

Feels like the Rock Band 1 launch all over again.

Will whole track packs go up as free? I'm kinda hesitant to buy anything right now as a lot of shit seems incomplete, "unavailable" or broken

MrNelson

Banned
Will whole track packs go up as free? I'm kinda hesitant to buy anything right now as a lot of shit seems incomplete, "unavailable" or broken

On PSN at least, the track packs and albums I had showed up as free, but the tracks within them showed up as unavailable as singles.

Hellers

Does anyone know if the UK supermarkets are selling this today? After Amazon stiffing me I medically need a XBox One copy with guitar so I can play some Babymetal

Kolma

12094884_10100346966153907_4301051654356890286_o.jpg
I know what the others are, but what is awesomeness detection?

Awesomeness Detection makes the timing SUPER strict.
Not recommended other than for practice.

Hawk269

Anyone try "I will Follow" yet? Curious how fun it is. I love the song and figure it should be fun, but I am not getting my "Rock On" until after work tomorrow night.

Anyone try "I will Follow" yet? Curious how fun it is. I love the song and figure it should be fun, but I am not getting my "Rock On" until after work tomorrow night.

It's one of the easiest songs in the game but it's still pretty fun. Great party song.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just noticed that the songs that started as budget buys at $1 like Move Along are $2 now.
Wait... the free songs are $2 now. Huh.

Does anyone know if the UK supermarkets are selling this today? After Amazon stiffing me I medically need a XBox One copy with guitar so I can play some Babymetal

I know you can order it on Argos.co.uk for delivery supposedly later today, if that helps. Could be at the larger TESCOs too, but that's up in the air. They list only the band bundle from what I can see and it's OOS online so no real hints there.

FCs might take a while, that's for sure...

I haven't played all the new songs yet but there are some really tricky parts to Birth in Reverse and Violent Shiver on expert guitar. While I was playing Violent Shiver I was like 'I could really use practice mode to get the hang of this damn riff' :/

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
well sale did end Oct 6th and past 2am on the east coast.

No, those songs were $1 or free from the beginning, which for the example I gave (Move Along) was in 2007.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So excited that this is supposedly pretty good. Don't sleep on Harmonix -- Dance Central and Fantasia on X1 are both really underrated (I do have some crash and UI issues with DC, but the gameplay is still great). Really glad they are hanging in there despite all the people wanting to write off the genre. Quality dev.

So excited that this is supposedly pretty good. Don't sleep on Harmonix -- Dance Central and Fantasia on X1 are both really underrated (I do have some crash and UI issues with DC, but the gameplay is still great). Really glad they are hanging in there despite all the people wanting to write off the genre. Quality dev.

The game plays and looks great, I had no issues playing with PS3 guitars tonight, and they've got a 1000+ songs up for DLC already, it's pretty impressive.

Hopefully they can add some of the missing features soon.

Hellers

I know you can order it on Argos.co.uk for delivery supposedly later today, if that helps. Could be at the larger TESCOs too, but that's up in the air. They list only the band bundle from what I can see and it's OOS online so no real hints there.

Cheers. I'm certain it won't actually come today but anyone other than Amazon after that shambles. I'll just play some RB3 until it arrives

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
It's release day, I can buy the game in every shop in town, but Amazon.de isn't even preparing my order for shipment.

Game is up on UK PSN (£55 lol) but no DLC content has been updated whatsoever. FFS.
The game's been up since midnight. Hopefully, in a few hours things will come to. My 30 song pack code doesn't work yet, presumably because the content just isn't on the store yet.

MarkusRJR

I want this game so badly but there's no Wii U version. I had the Wii versions of RB 1-3 + Beatles, so I have all the instruments for that platfrom. Do these instruments work on the Xbox One version?

I kind of doubt it since it's an entirely different platform. Wouldn't mind buying the Band-in-a-box but it costs $350 Canadian. Way too expensive. Don't want to turn to GH, since I remember hearing the DLC works like Spotify and there's no way to actually own the tracks you want to play.

SFenton

Game is up on UK PSN (£55 lol) but no DLC content has been updated whatsoever. FFS.

SCEE, man, the bane of music games

I want this game so badly but there's no Wii U version. I had the Wii versions of RB 1-3 + Beatles, so I have all the instruments for that platfrom. Do these instruments work on the Xbox One version?

I kind of doubt it since it's an entirely different platform. Wouldn't mind buying the Band-in-a-box but it costs $350 Canadian. Way too expensive. Don't want to turn to GH, since I remember hearing the DLC works like Spotify and there's no way to actually own the tracks you want to play.

Nope., you need Xbox equipment.

Anyone else having an issue with getting the song to rebuild the database? I'm finishing off downloading the last of my songs, and the game is only recognizing the ones I had installed before the first time I ran it, no matter how many time I rebuild.

Anyone Pre-order via US PSN and get the Pre-Order DLC tracks? I know they're not up on PSN yet but I thought they'd be included with the preload for the game.

I had the Wii versions of RB 1-3 + Beatles, so I have all the instruments for that platfrom. Do these instruments work on the Xbox One version?

No the Wii instruments won't work. Gotta feel pretty shitty to have invested so much in Rock Band be left behind.

Can't blame Guitar Hero for not trying to compete with Rock Band on DLC but the streaming music channels thing sounds terrible.

TAJ

Some of these prices seem like mistakes, like the Rust In Peace album pack being $7.50 and the Axis: Bold As Love album pack being $9.99.

Anyone Pre-order via US PSN and get the Pre-Order DLC tracks? I know they're not up on PSN yet but I thought they'd be included with the preload for the game.

Nope I they're not loaded with the game. Guess we'll have to download them from the store when they become available.

udiie

my preorder of the xb1 adapter version from ebgames.ca hasnt shipped and no store in my area is going to carry it
im not going to play this game for ages am i?

Eanan

my preorder of the xb1 adapter version from ebgames.ca hasnt shipped and no store in my area is going to carry it
im not going to play this game for ages am i?
Madcatz are so unreliable. Did they only make a handful of adapters like?...

Top Bottom