• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Spent the past two hours downloading a ton of dlc. Didn't get to finish because I was hit with a message that said I had exceeded the download limit. I didn't even know the PS4 had one lol. Tomorrow is gonna be a looooong day til I get home.

udiie

Madcatz are so unreliable. Did they only make a handful of adapters like?...

worst part is that i bought like 50 dollars worth of DLC in prep for this and am likely just going to end up leaving rock band 3 and my 360 set up instead
its just really disappointing, you'd think with all the supply constraints they've had before they'd learn a thing or two

MarkusRJR

Nope., you need Xbox equipment.
Lame. :'(
No the Wii instruments won't work. Gotta feel pretty shitty to have invested so much in Rock Band be left behind.

Can't blame Guitar Hero for not trying to compete with Rock Band on DLC but the streaming music channels thing sounds terrible.
Yeah I'm really disappointed. I had all the instruments (including the keyboard) and had probably $200 in DLC. Now that the Wii servers are down I doubt I can redownload them onto my Wii U.

Would have been down to buy the band in a box bundle if it was $200-$250 but $350 is insane imo.

Thinking about getting the Wii U version of Guitar Hero Live since the bundle is only $130 for the guitar 2-pack. Really wish it had proper DLC though. :(

I really liked taking a look at Harmonix's retrospective video last night, that they put out when they released the last regular RB3 DLC. It just makes me happy that these people, who are all so passionate about what they achieved with this series, and put their hearts into the community, are getting to continue it. <3 HMX.

Game is up on UK PSN (£55 lol) but no DLC content has been updated whatsoever. FFS.

Woah, I guess mainland Europe can feel lucky that it's just 60&#8364; here.

I knew they would fuck up the DLC. Thanks to the no preorder bonus I will wait until they have sorted that mess out. Also no point in buying without the exports being available (hopefully there will be news on RB3 by then).

So RB4 is only 3.5 GB according to the Store? That's great, will buy it digitally. (edit: 5GB on the HDD then)

Yesterday I decided to invest into my own (preorder) track pack and bought like 40 of the songs on offer (0.79&#8364;). I will pretend they are part of the meh RB4 setlist :p

For the people who own the game, does the song library still work like on PS3 regarding multiple accounts? It didn't matter which PSN account bought it as long as you downloaded the songs on the same system. From what I've seen DLC works the same across multiple accounts on PS4 but it would be nice if someone can confirm this as I have all my export keys etc. on a different account.

Gotta be a mistake then, the price should either go up in Europe or down on the UK Store. Hopefully it's the latter. 55 pounds is $84, it's too much.

Hey don't jinx it, they will up the price to 70€ by the time I want to buy it! :p
If anything they should throw some PS+ offer in there on top of it.

bounchfx

Song sorting is abysmal compared to RB3 :( There's zero filters (that I can see).

I know people have said there's a free update coming that supposedly takes care of all this stuff, but I find it really really disappointing that simple features like this aren't in at launch.

zychi

Banned
It`s barely available with the game given how many preorders Amazon seem to be cancelling at the last minute
Bummer. Almost had an impulse buy from me Harmonix. Im not rebuying the insturnments, gonna wait til after xmas to grab the game and adapter then when its probably half off

ekim

Probably a mega stupid question but I have an old Guitar Hero 3 Guitar. There is no way this is compatible with Rock Band 4 on Xbox One, right?

So when i want to download a song i've bought before i get ''no content'' on the store, but when i select a song i haven't bought before it's on the store. What's the deal with this? Pretty damn annoying

evanmisha

I'm gonna pray any NA PSN updates are done for the night and get a quick sleep in. Once again, I'll be just gutted if I miss that thing. Please update in the afternoon, Harmonix :)

Neil_J_UK

Sorry if this has been answered previously - but has anyone else who ordered their BIAB with GAME.co.uk have a tracking number? Mine was dispatched on 2nd but there isn't any tracking number, just says 1-2 working days with Royal Mail 1st class. I didn't think they would be able to send such a large parcel via RM without tracking?

Edit: Also, when I search on xbox.com for songs that were in the sale (e.g. avenged sevenfold - afterlife) it shows at £0.65 for the 360 version, and £1.59 for the XB1. If I buy the 360 now will I still be able to DL on XB1? If so I'm gonna grab a load of songs, I haven't been able to this past weekend.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
And the dlc is all over the place, cant dl half the dlc cause installation stops and the game crashes with to much dlc from my experience.

I totally take the dlc thing back there was a update today(oct 5 update) which fixed the storage thing and the whole dashboard seems way more stable now. All the dlc that failed installing is coming down fine now.

Dear OP, thank you for the amazing OP!

I was able to find the Export key for Rock band 1 because of you! Thank you!

Quick question, guitar and game arrive tomorrow, what do I do about getting the Rock band 1 songs on to the game? What is the procedure

Gotta be a mistake then, the price should either go up in Europe or down on the UK Store. Hopefully it's the latter. 55 pounds is $84, it's too much.

No, no. That's pretty much what we pay for most digital titles in the UK, more or less.

Physical is bad enough. Band in a box bundle is $433.86 in the UK, compared to $249.99 in the States. Guitar set is $231.39 compared to $129.99 in the States.

Just the way it is, sadly. I remember forking out nearly $500 for a band bundle when the first game came out as I had to import it as "it isn't coming out in the UK."

Six months later it came out in the UK.

Managed to get to a Game store this morning and picked up a XBONE Guitar bundle - they had one PS4 BIAB and a couple of Guitar packs - no adapters.

But the chap who served me said they had had 'abysmal' levels of stock on the game.

T.O.P

Banned
Found a Xbone Full Bundle for 219€ instead of 300€

What to do gaf, i only want the drums tbh...and i'm picking up GHLive as well next week :((

hodgy100

No, no. That's pretty much what we pay for most digital titles in the UK, more or less.

Physical is bad enough. Band in a box bundle is $433.86 in the UK, compared to $249.99 in the States. Guitar set is $231.39 compared to $129.99 in the States.

Just the way it is, sadly. I remember forking out nearly $500 for a band bundle when the first game came out as I had to import it as "it isn't coming out in the UK."

Six months later it came out in the UK.

the guitar set is £110 ($166.84) and the BiaB is £220 ($333.69)

the pricing is bad in the UK but it's nowhere as near as bad as you are making out.

Dang, woke up to an email from best buy saying I won't be getting it until later this week due to some delay, probably because I ordered it during the e3 sale I'm at the bottom of the Totem pole lol.

the guitar set is £110 ($166.84) and the BiaB is £220 ($333.69)

the pricing is bad in the UK but it's nowhere as near as bad as you are making out.

Sorry.

I was going on the prices that MadCatz's own site was trying to charge last night.

TxRSTEN.jpg

SleazyC

Found a Xbone Full Bundle for 219€ instead of 300€

What to do gaf, i only want the drums tbh...and i'm picking up GHLive as well next week :((
Yea I'd jump on this. Is this a one time thing or can you link to where you found this?

bounchfx

The quality of the drums, good or Rock Band 1 bad?

while hilarious to reminisce how bad rb1 drums were (fucking HORRIBLE), this seems like a silly question.. there's no way they are going to be that bad. the rb2 drums I got were pretty much flawless, same with the beatles ones, and these are supposed to be an improvement on the beatles ones. I think we'll be safe but I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Even worst case I still have my beatles drums in storage and can pull those out if need be.

Are there any new DLC charts out in the wild other than those from jman4371? I'm guessing Npeaen Returns will do some once he's finished with the main game but otherwise I can't find anything.

ViciousDS

Banned
10 long.......long long long long hours at work

and my NXE update froze overnight....watch me not even be able to play tonight....

Azzawon

Can anyone shed some light on the Green Day Export pack for Xbox One? There's no way I'm spending £45 to rebuy Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown.

ViciousDS

Banned
Wow it looks terrible in comparison to what's going on in the RB3 video, all the characters interacting and signing along dancing around stage, RB4 everyone looks pretty stiff.

yes......every Jman video has been like that. Camera cuts and action on the stage looks dreadful. Even the lipsyncing is worse. They all look like they are singing a RBN song.....its awkward

Top Bottom