• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Ninhead

Fuck me, "Lust For Life" and "Bad Case of Loving You". Wow.

I almost prefer that they're not giving me what I want. The surprises are great.

Bad Case of Loving You is a good example of a song that I didn't even know I wanted until they released it. Also, never knew it was Robert Palmer singing it.

CloudWolf

I find it fascinating that The Hollies' biggest American hit (Long Cool Woman) is also the one that sounds the least like The Hollies.

MrNelson

Banned
Soooo I bought a PS3 GHIII Les Paul at Goodwill yesterday.
I looked online and apparently I need a dongle to get it to work on PS3 and PS4.
What's that about?
The old guitars did not connect via Bluetooth, so you needed to plug in the dongle that came with your guitar to connect it with the system. Unless you can track one down you're SOL as far as using it.

I didn't know "Long Cool Woman" by title alone, but I immediately recognized it once I looked it up. (Would've loved to have had something like "I Can't Let Go", but I'll happily take anything by The Hollies.) I'm in for all three.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The old guitars did not connect via Bluetooth, so you needed to plug in the dongle that came with your guitar to connect it with the system. Unless you can track one down you're SOL as far as using it.

Oh man. I'm sure it shouldn't be too bad.
*checks Amazon* Cheapest is $40. ... I think I can wait a bit.

Random person: "Lust for Life? Wow, I heard that song in those cruise commercials! I'm gonna buy it!"

*starts reading and singing lyrics*

"I...oh."

Seriously, I'm getting that song ASAP when I get home.

DagsJT

Picked this up today for the Xbox One. Unfortunately I owned RB1 and RB2 on the PS3 so I'm starting from scratch for extra tracks.

A couple of questions:

- Can I buy Rock Band Blitz and redeem a code to get the tracks from that?

- If I buy RB3 and start it up on my brothers Xbox 360, maybe get an achievement, that's expected to be good to show you own RB3 when the export eventually arrives?

It looks like I've missed out on the RB1 export key which is really annoying, especially for the low price they were asking for it.

Any other tips for how I can get extra tracks?

CloudWolf

- Can I buy Rock Band Blitz and redeem a code to get the tracks from that?

- If I buy RB3 and start it up on my brothers Xbox 360, maybe get an achievement, that's expected to be good to show you own RB3 when the export eventually arrives?
1. IIRC the Blitz download triggered automatically when you downloaded the game, you don't need a code, but you do need a X360.

2. No one knows yet.

Today I tried going for the Locked In achievement and it kicked my butt!

I instead went to work on my secondary goal of Gold Starring every song in the game and I got I Miss The Misery, Albert, and Superunknown!!! Wow! 37 songs down!

Zomba13

They should be available. Everything that should be available right now (so no main game/Lego/ACDC exports and delisted stuff) is available on EU Xbox One Marketplace. Remember that the Blitz songs don't show up as "Blitz Export", but as individual DLC songs.

RB Blitz stuff still shows up for me as paid DLC which is why I thought it wasn't up yet. =/

Incase anyone knows how to fix this, When I launch RB Blitz on the 360 and try and download the Blitz songs that it prompts me to I get this error code 8007274C. MS support webpage isn't any help as it talks about connections to XBL and I'm signed in, can see friends, see the store (how I got the game), see the RB store and DLC songs to buy, network test shows connected to XBL, wired connection.

chunk3rvd

Can someone on PS4 check for me - do the number of add-ons listed in your Library match the number of add-ons listed under the My Add-Ons section when you press down on the RB4 icon? I have 58 in my Library but only 28 songs in the My Add-Ons section

I only ask because I've been battling with Sony customer support over the last few days since one of my Blitz donwloads appears to be corrupt. When I log onto the SEN web store there is just a blue box where one of my songs should be so I can't start the download:

KxfliwT.jpg

Can someone on PS4 check for me - do the number of add-ons listed in your Library match the number of add-ons listed under the My Add-Ons section when you press down on the RB4 icon? I have 58 in my Library but only 28 songs in the My Add-Ons section

I only ask because I've been battling with Sony customer support over the last few days since one of my Blitz donwloads appears to be corrupt. When I log onto the SEN web store there is just a blue box where one of my songs should be so I can't start the download:
The number is disingenuous with the amount that you actually have, I'm missing more than a few hundred. I'm guessing that the missing song is So Far Away, right? If you've got a EU account go to the in-game store, and pick a song or pack that isn't available yet. There are a lot, the old Aerosmith pack will do. When you select it, it'll say that nothing is available. Press the PS button, give it a second and select the game again. It'll take you to a list of everything you've downloaded on the PS4, something that really should be readily available. From there, scroll down to the Blitz songs, there'll be one that's got no information. Download it. Viola.

Unless this isn't the issue, in which case I have no idea.

Pilgrimzero

Bought this last weekend for the wife and I to play

We are very disappointed in the on disc song selection, what the heck happened?

And I know i'm not the only one but I have whatever issue others have that involve having a hard time using the guitar. I miss notes I know I shouldn't have hit.

chunk3rvd

The number is disingenuous with the amount that you actually have, I'm missing more than a few hundred. I'm guessing that the missing song is So Far Away, right? If you've got a EU account go to the in-game store, and pick a song or pack that isn't available yet. There are a lot, the old Aerosmith pack will do. When you select it, it'll say that nothing is available. Press the PS button, give it a second and select the game again. It'll take you to a list of everything you've downloaded on the PS4, something that really should be readily available. From there, scroll down to the Blitz songs, there'll be one that's got no information. Download it. Viola.

Unless this isn't the issue, in which case I have no idea.

Ah, you're a legend. That's the exact song I was having trouble with but I couldn't do what you suggested as I don't have the game yet - I'm just trying to get all my DLC downloaded and ready for when I can play it on Christmas Day. At least I can stop hassling Sony Support for now (although it the broken songs get fixed by then and I have no way to access that download list I'll be screwed again haha)

zulux21

The new dlc has been amazing so far.

im glad someone is finding it amazing.
I'm finding most of it in the, I wouldn't mind if this was on the disk, but I can't see myself paying extra to play these songs type thing.

only new song I have bought so far

linkin park Rebellion

as I like linkin park
I like system of a down.
and the cross between the two makes for an awesome song :p

udiie

i finally got my legacy adapter :D
i think im just going to have to get used to the fact that ill never be able to beat songs like dream genie

bobohoro

No patch, no legacy DLC updates, no new DLC, no word from anyone on anything.
We sure are having fun here in Europe.

Oh well, just discovered that Rishloo is on RBN, that's something at least.

FyreWulff

long cool woman is "that song", because you can barely understand the fuck he's singing normally.

it's also the only Hollies song people know

im glad someone is finding it amazing.
I'm finding most of it in the, I wouldn't mind if this was on the disk, but I can't see myself paying extra to play these songs type thing.

There wasn't nearly enough classic rock or 80s stuff on disc for my liking :)

ElNarez

Banned
No patch, no legacy DLC updates, no new DLC, no word from anyone on anything.
We sure are having fun here in Europe.

Oh well, just discovered that Rishloo is on RBN, that's something at least.

At this point it's a big enough issue that I feel it needs its own thread, because it is downright scandalous that these people, whether that's Sony or Harmonix, are allowed to fuck up to that extent. Let's get fucking loud.

FyreWulff

At this point it's a big enough issue that I feel it needs its own thread, because it is downright scandalous that these people, whether that's Sony or Harmonix, are allowed to fuck up to that extent. Let's get fucking loud.

It's Sony Europe. Harmonix already submitted their DLC. And they've historically done that kind of shit back in the RB1/2/3 days on PS3, which is why I have no problem sticking with Xbox for Rock Band.

D43M0N

Neo Member

Yep, I've just submitted a refund request for the DLC I have that isn't compatible, because in Australia I can't get a warranty replacement for my broken drum kit (red pad and pedal not working despite firmware updates/calibration messing around) so I have to take it in to EB Games for a full refund.

I mean, shit, I'd give Harmonix a bit of a break if it wasn't all purchasable from the in-game store without any warning until you try to download it. It's straight up misleading.

I've tried everything with the guitar on PS4 and it's just horrible. I think I'm just gonna skip this game and get Guitar Hero Live instead.

I'll stick to the 360 games if I get the itch to play the classic 5 button guitar games again.

CloudWolf

it's also the only Hollies song people know
Wha- hell no! The Hollies were an incredibly succesful band with multiple huge worldwide hits. The Air That I Breathe is infinitely more popular than Long Cool Woman. And He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother was fairly recently covered by a bunch of British celebs to raise awareness for hooligan violence and became a huge hit for the second time.

If anything, Long Cool Woman is one of the lesser hits by The Hollies (it was only big in the USA), mostly because it doesn't sound anything like The Hollies.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So glad I can finally stream with audio now! Streamed for a couple of friends tonight. Thanks for finally addressing the streaming issues, HMX!

One thing though, tilt to activate overdrive still doesn't work for my GH 5 guitar. Hope they add that in the next update! I hate pressing the overdrive button. Always ruin my combo. ;(

Top Bottom