• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I haven't been a kid in years!
Also I grew up with The Beatles. Still like Paramore much better though c:

Arguing about taste is ultimately useless, isn't it? Some people like Visions and Dream Genie or Cookie Monster lyrics. Oh well.

Meanwhile: Where's that damn patch? Where's mah exports? Where's the DLC announcement? Wake up in Boston!!

Hi everyone - sorry for the bad news, but we are delaying our DLC announce THIS WEEK ONLY to tomorrow, 11/3. Stay tuned until tomorrow at 10am and we promise to give you all the juicy details! <3

original.gif

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-marketplace-updates/

Updates on some of the DLC problems

Fuck all about EU PSN.

Not even a mention of whether they are trying to sort it out or not.

Edit: What still isn't available (after nearly 3 weeks)

30 Seconds to Mars - This is War
All-American Rejects - Move Along
Black Tide - Warriors of Time
Blink-182 01
Bonnaroo 01
Dead Kennedys 01
Dr Feelgood
Evanescence 01
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
Glados - Still Alive
Iron Maiden Pack 01
Jimmy Buffet 01
Moving Pictures
Peace Sells
Punk 01
QOTSA 01
Queen 01
Roadrunnner 01
Screaming for Vengeance
Tenacious D - Tribute
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
The Offspring Pack 01
The White Stripes 02
Warped Tour 2009 01
Warped Tour 2009 02
Yngwie Malmsteen 01

Delisted and not available
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Electric Six 01
Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Silversun Pickups - Sort Of
Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
System of a Down - BYOB
System of a Down - Toxicity

Had an amazing bug pop up over the weekend.

Started playing Sublime's "Wrong Way" with a Vocal (x2), Guitar, and Drum.

When the song started the lyrics came across as:

Code:
-----------------You're playing guitar!-----------------

-----------------Am I playing guitar?-------------------

And then no other lyrics for the whole song.

We tried to restart and it didn't work. Backing out to the music library didn't work either. Changing the difficulty of the vocals did work.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
At least getting pack entitlements hooked up should get the single-song 2112 and the 2 pack-only Ozzy songs working again.

At least on Xbox One, no. When you buy a pack of songs, it downloads all the tracks individually. But 2112 and the Ozzy tracks were never available standalone.

espher

Can someone give me the tl;dr on how to download de-listed content that is available for the XB1? Do I need to go through my download history or w/e on the web?

Arguing about taste is ultimately useless, isn't it? Some people like Visions and Dream Genie or Cookie Monster lyrics. Oh well.

Meanwhile: Where's that damn patch? Where's mah exports? Where's the DLC announcement? Wake up in Boston!!
I would say useless in the way that bubble wrap is useless. Yes it has no practicality but it's damn fun and I'll be happy to talk opinions until I'm long gone!

I don't dislike Dream Genie, btw. It's amusing.

Harmonix playing with my heart.

It's weird though, making the announcement is the easiest thing in the world. Must be some kind of promotional thing.
I see it more as a "something happened behind the scenes and messed up". Like the Locksley/Moving Pictures thing, if I'm remembering correctly. That was before my time, I believe.

CloudWolf

The Locksley pack was amazing. Shame they were delisted.

Had an amazing bug pop up over the weekend.

Started playing Sublime's "Wrong Way" with a Vocal (x2), Guitar, and Drum.

When the song started the lyrics came across as:

Code:
-----------------You're playing guitar!-----------------

-----------------Am I playing guitar?-------------------

And then no other lyrics for the whole song.

We tried to restart and it didn't work. Backing out to the music library didn't work either. Changing the difficulty of the vocals did work.
Yeah, that is one of the weirdest bugs in RB4, up there with the repeating guitar solos of Thrasher and Ignorance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They have stated that they'll try to get the delisted songs back up down the line right? Just that it's not a top priority as they'd rather have new stuff.

CloudWolf

They have stated that they'll try to get the delisted songs back up down the line right? Just that it's not a top priority as they'd rather have new stuff.
If you have bought the songs, you should be able to redownload them at some point in the future. They're not getting back for sale though.

Harmonix playing with my heart.

It's weird though, making the announcement is the easiest thing in the world. Must be some kind of promotional thing.
The wierd timing ALMOST makes me hope it's a big deal. Like they have to time this week's DLC with some other news.

Or maybe somebody pulled out at the last minute, and now they're scrambling to have something ready for tomorrow.

XShagrath

Does XBox DLC still go up at 5am like it did on the 360? If so, there's really no need for an announcement as it'll be available before they can officially "announce" it.

The wierd timing ALMOST makes me hope it's a big deal. Like they have to time this week's DLC with some other news.

Or maybe somebody pulled out at the last minute, and now they're scrambling to have something ready for tomorrow.

I'm selfishly hoping it is Dream Theater. There were questions about them in the recent Road Crew survey, AND they are literally on the cusp of announcing their new album due out in January. The album title leaked today, making me think it is an imminent announcement.

Kolma

I'm selfishly hoping it is Dream Theater. There were questions about them in the recent Road Crew survey, AND they are literally on the cusp of announcing their new album due out in January. The album title leaked today, making me think it is an imminent announcement.

Buy the album before it releases only on Rock Band?

cakely

Delisted and not available
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Electric Six 01
Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Silversun Pickups - Sort Of
Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
System of a Down - BYOB
System of a Down - Toxicity

Does this mean none of those songs will ever be available? Yeah, I own every one on the 360. :(

CloudWolf

You know, I've done some thinking and the delayed announcement almost has to have been planned. If something went wrong with the DLC at the last minute, they wouldn't be able to get a replacement that quick. With Moving Pictures/Locksley it also took them nearly a week to announce the replacement and have it ready for download.

Does this mean none of those songs will ever be available? Yeah, I own every one on the 360. :(
If you own them you should be able to download them for RB4 in the (near?) future granted you didn't switch console families.

Gorger

All the Spinal tap songs are delisted and some RHCP songs as well. It really stings because I don't have Spinal tap on my account, and I was too late in rebuying it before they delisted it. I really hope we'll see its return sometime in the future, but I doubt it.

FyreWulff

I see it more as a "something happened behind the scenes and messed up". Like the Locksley/Moving Pictures thing, if I'm remembering correctly. That was before my time, I believe.

Could be. They've had a label pull their songs at absolutely the last second during RB3's run, where we ended up with a one song week.

When I saw they were announcing on Mondays I felt they were giving themselves a little more crumple zone this time around for that. Looks like it still happened, or we need to look around for any particular musical event happening tomorrow that would have made them have to wait one more day.

DLC delay? This week only? Juicy details?

Obviously this means that it's meant to coincide with tomorrow's patch, a patch that will allow access tto a new section of the store dedicated to exports from previous track packs and games, and the DLC announcement is the release of all of the missing songs individually, as well as a bunch of mega packs containing songs from each game, a Green Day mega pack featuring the game tracks plus the seven DLC songs and an AC/DC live pack with LTBR as single, all for the somewhat expected premium prices.

Nah, just kidding, it's a Cage the Elephant three pack because the U2 pack had to be delayed at the last minute.

Nah, just kidding, it's a Cage the Elephant three pack because the U2 pack had to be delayed at the last minute.

You joke, I'd buy a CtE pack in a heartbeat. Gimme 'Ain't No Rest' (because you have to), 'Free Love', and 'Come A Little Closer'.

That whole debut album would make for good content.

You joke, I'd buy a CtE pack in a heartbeat. Gimme 'Ain't No Rest' (because you have to), 'Free Love', and 'Come A Little Closer'.

I joke, but only because I want it. Much like the exports.

Also, Lotus needs to be one of the songs in that pack.

I joke, but only because I want it. Much like the exports.

Also, Lotus needs to be one of the songs in that pack.

I'd suggest Lotus, but I just doubt they'd only include tracks from the debut.

The tragic fact is that it'd most likely be Ain't No Rest, Cigarette Daydreams, and the (kind of awful) new single.

SFenton

Throw in "Take it Or Leave It" over "Free Love". :p

I'm also ridiculously excited for the inevitable Grouplove and Imagine Dragons packs. So party friendly.

Top Bottom