• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Storm360

I also recall that the Miley Cyrus pack included Party in the USA for about fifteen minutes before the pack was pulled and put back up without that track.

PITUSA was never available on standard Xboxes I believe, it was just commented out in the original file and putting the DLC on a modded Xbox resulted the song becoming uncommented for some reason

I wish....

Speaking of U2, I wonder if they are holding back more U2 songs to coincide with the November 14th HBO live broadcast of their concert from Paris?
I was not aware of the concert. Thank you.

In the extremely unlikely event they do a discography like U2 did with iTunes years ago, I would buy it without hesitation.

espher

PITUSA was never available on standard Xboxes I believe, it was just commented out in the original file and putting the DLC on a modded Xbox resulted the song becoming uncommented for some reason

Might have been in the original packs up for download but was not in ones later that day (not even 'in but disabled'). I personally only remember hearing about someone getting it on PS3.

Kolma

Hey, now! Runaway is my jam!

That's actually a good song, as is other Bon Jovi songs but RB2 just drove me absolutely mad with 'Living on a Prayer' over and over in tour mode (yes I had DLC)
Then.... THEN Lego Rock band did the same thing with 'You Give Love a Bad Name'
These were both back when I was a Wii Rocker.

After this point i started to hate Bon Jovi songs... RB just kept making me play them over and over and over ;-;

That's actually a good song, as is other Bon Jovi songs but RB2 just drove me absolutely mad with 'Living on a Prayer' over and over in tour mode (yes I had DLC)
Then.... THEN Lego Rock band did the same thing with 'You Give Love a Bad Name'
These were both back when I was a Wii Rocker.

After this point i started to hate Bon Jovi songs... RB just kept making me play them over and over and over ;-;
I suppose it's not helped by the fact that they already used the best Bon Jovi song in the first Rock Band game. It was always going to be downhill from there.

Gorger

Feeling out of the loop with all this DLC talk. Meanwhile in Europe we still haven't received anything past pre-order songs, and the store is still a completely broken, buggy mess with tons of missing DLC. At the same time we're consistently being ignored by both SCEE and Harmonix, so we have no idea when we can expect anything or what the problem is.

decaf

Is there anywhere that sells The latest wireless guitar for Rock Band 4 on its own? I want to buy the digital version of the game y'see... I just can't find it outside of the game / guitar bundle.

I'm playing on PS4 and anybody have issues with the controllers? I'm having an extremely tough time getting the calibration to work and it seems the controllers are dropping connection. I did the firmware update and it seemed to do jack shit.

I'm failing songs which is pretty unheard of for me, just a month ago I was able to get 5 stars on Through the Fire and Flames on GH3 so passing a song like "No One Like" you shouldn't be a big issue.

I didn't buy it as I'm borrowing from my brother, but if I did then I'd be extremely disappointed so far.

hodgy100

Feeling out of the loop with all this DLC talk. Meanwhile in Europe we still haven't received anything past pre-order songs, and the store is still a completely broken, buggy mess with tons of missing DLC. At the same time we're consistently being ignored by both SCEE and Harmonix, so we have no idea when we can expect anything or what the problem is.

yup. im still missing loads of my non-export DLC :/

Kolma

I'm playing on PS4 and anybody have issues with the controllers? I'm having an extremely tough time getting the calibration to work and it seems the controllers are dropping connection. I did the firmware update and it seemed to do jack shit.

I'm failing songs which is pretty unheard of for me, just a month ago I was able to get 5 stars on Through the Fire and Flames on GH3 so passing a song like "No One Like" you shouldn't be a big issue.

I didn't buy it as I'm borrowing from my brother, but if I did then I'd be extremely disappointed so far.

People have said that removing batteries, unsynching via ps4's bluetooth setting, replacing batteries, and resynching has fixed the problems.

Overall many people have said using the batteries that came with the instruments is a bad idea.

Zomba13

This came today for my Xbone. Spent a while going through the store grabbing all the DLC I already own. Bought RB Blitz for the songs from that but I guess it's not available in the UK yet?

I wish I knew about the export stuff sooner because my copy of RB3 arrived just after they stopped accepting export codes for RB2. I'm disappointed but mostly in myself, I had plenty of time to do this but I put it off. At least I know I have RB1 and Lego RB exported and I have a copy of RB3 played on my XBL account so I should be able to get the RB3 export when that is available.

It takes a while to get back into the swing of things, after not playing fake guitar in years my fingers tire easy and I mess up simple songs on Hard. Going to need to work my way back up to playing everything on Hard and some on Expert.

I've marked a bunch of DLC on my wishlist but am going to hold off because I can't remember if some are from previous RB games that I'll get when the exports kick in.

I've marked a bunch of DLC on my wishlist but am going to hold off because I can't remember if some are from previous RB games that I'll get when the exports kick in.

There's only a few DLC tracks that are also available in the RB1 and Lego exports. Wanted Dead or Alive, You Give Love a Bad Name, We Will Rock You, and We Are the Champions. There are also the original version of Tom Sawyer and the Woodstock version of Fire available as DLC.

CloudWolf

This came today for my Xbone. Spent a while going through the store grabbing all the DLC I already own. Bought RB Blitz for the songs from that but I guess it's not available in the UK yet?

They should be available. Everything that should be available right now (so no main game/Lego/ACDC exports and delisted stuff) is available on EU Xbox One Marketplace. Remember that the Blitz songs don't show up as "Blitz Export", but as individual DLC songs.

People have said that removing batteries, unsynching via ps4's bluetooth setting, replacing batteries, and resynching has fixed the problems.

Overall many people have said using the batteries that came with the instruments is a bad idea.

I'll try that when I get home, thanks! I bought an Xbox One for this (I was getting one anyways) so I'd like to make sure it isn't completely terrible before I drop $200 on the bundle.

Yaari

I wish I knew about the export stuff sooner because my copy of RB3 arrived just after they stopped accepting export codes for RB2. I'm disappointed but mostly in myself, I had plenty of time to do this but I put it off. At least I know I have RB1 and Lego RB exported and I have a copy of RB3 played on my XBL account so I should be able to get the RB3 export when that is available.

It takes a while to get back into the swing of things, after not playing fake guitar in years my fingers tire easy and I mess up simple songs on Hard. Going to need to work my way back up to playing everything on Hard and some on Expert.

Did you try using a RB2 code in RB3? They been saying they stopped supporting it for months but I'm not sure if it really is done now.

bd707f48ebdf99ce2895af73f75ea6.jpg

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/661558523038330880

Another week of unknowns from me! I've heard of Iggy Pop from Lego Rock Band though, and the song there was no good unfortunately.

Always next week! :)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo I bought a PS3 GHIII Les Paul at Goodwill yesterday.
I looked online and apparently I need a dongle to get it to work on PS3 and PS4.
What's that about?

CloudWolf

Robert Palmer and Iggy Pop are insta-buys. Will probably buy The Hollies song too, but I'm a little bummed that it isn't The Air That I Breathe or He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother.

Yaari

I only know the Robert Palmer song. Bt don't really want it.

I'm skipping this week. No problem because I need the money for all these games that are coming out anyway.

Top Bottom