• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've still got a sealed copy of the game when I got that $50 (?) band in a box bundle last year in black friday with a $10 gift card.

The sad thing is I have had the legacy adapter since last year and have yet to use it. I really need to get my old drums back out. Although tempted to get the band in a box and pro cymbals for $200 just to have all new full band instruments. I haven't drummed in years.

IconGrist

Does anybody else's PS4 guitar just lock up out of nowhere? As in becomes entirely unresponsive to the point where the batteries have to be removed to shut it off?

If so, is there a fix? It's happened to me at least twice this week.

Does anybody else's PS4 guitar just lock up out of nowhere? As in becomes entirely unresponsive to the point where the batteries have to be removed to shut it off?

Its happend to my one on XB1, try updating the guitar firmware.

You update the firmware?

And also, are you using the batteries it came with?

And another thing, don't have a mobile device close by, it might disrupt the connection.

Cnpwal5UsAA8Vc5.jpg

Maybe Uptown Girl for me.

Uptown Girl is a definite yes. I think I liked the Fuel song as well, but it might depend on the chart.

Short of a miracle though, that's me done for the month. Was never keen on Pompeii, and that'll likely be the Bastille song.

SFenton

Fuck yeah, Fuel. Was bummed when this song was announced for BandFuse then disappeared. Wonder if there were master issues?

It's also really fun in Rocksmith. Should be a great guitar track.

MajorMane

Seems like the Rock Band Road Crew members will be getting a Rivals code. That's nice.

Hello Road Crew,

It’s been a little while! First off, I wanted to thank you all for your continued support of Rock Band and Harmonix. The Road Crew program would be nothing without its dedicated members, and we are super grateful for all of your time, passion, and energy that you’ve put into this project.

While we won't officially be continuing the Road Crew this year, you represent some of our most passionate players and fans, and we want to make sure that you’re given special treatment. That’s why we’d like to give you a free code for Rock Band Rivals later this year.

We couldn’t have had such an amazing experience with the Rock Band Road Crew without you, so let’s keep the party rocking all the way into 2017. More details about Rock Band Rivals are coming very soon, so stay tuned to know what ride you’re in for. We’ll be in contact soon to gather details on your preferred platform so we can get you your code in time for the release.

Thanks for rocking with us, now and 4ever.

Criss

Source is my email.

FyreWulff

Well, that's interesting. Wonder if trill lanes have been patched into any other songs. Or hell, even Drum/Bass solos, as unlikely as that may be.

I would love if they would mark Bass Solos for a bunch of RB1/2 era DLC that definitely deserved them. Wouldn't need a leaderboard reset either since it increases the potential points. Same with Drum Solos. Drums take a little more work though since they'd also have to re-chart the OD to account for the fact that you can't deploy drum OD during a solo.

Gleethor

Here's a leaked hands-on with Rivals: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...vals-hands-preview/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

No songs included confirmed (and their reasoning is super weak), but there are 10 preorder bonus songs:

Bring Me The Horizon – Happy Song
Capital Cities – Safe And Sound
Eagle-Eye Cherry – Save Tonight
The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather
Of Monsters And Men – Little Talks
Pharrell Williams – Happy
Semisonic – Closing Time
Sia – Chandelier
Skillet – Feel Invincible
Weezer – King of the World

FyreWulff

So basically it comes with songs up until release day, and those songs will be made available as regular DLC for everyone otherwise. No Rivals-exclusive songs.

Here's a leaked hands-on with Rivals: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...vals-hands-preview/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

No songs included confirmed (and their reasoning is super weak), but there are 10 preorder bonus songs:

Semisonic – Closing Time
Sia – Chandelier

Holy shit i am so pumped for Save Tonight and Closing Time. Solid way of giving some songs with Rivals for fans. The modes seems cool, so yeah, i'm into throwing them $30 for this

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Someone wrote an article about the upcoming expansion. It's a documentary type story mode called Rockudrama and Rivals mode which if I understood correctly, is band vs band multiplayer online action.

Sounds good so far. The new story mode sounds interesting, and looks like the menus are getting a makeover.

And finally some new venues!!

I'm disappointed by the lack of new songs, but I also remember how much of a pain in the backside exports have been so far, particularly those nine songs that came with EU copies of the first Rock Band, of which I'm probably only going to be able to play four or five if them, if they ever release them as regular DLC, which I'll have to buy again anyway.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

Moving on, the pre-order songs don't seem to wow me anyway, but Closing Time is a definite purchase when it gets released. I'll give them all a listen anyway, to see if anything else is worth getting.

The rockumentary style mode looks interesting, but to be honest, I've played a fair bit if RB4 since launch and I've still yet to finish that career mode, do I'm not sure how much this expansion is for me. New venues are nice, but more importantly that updated UI looks slick. Wonder if it's Rivals only.

CloudWolf

No songs? Wow... That excuse is bullshit too, new songs wouldn't divide your userbase.

Some good songs in those pre-order songs though, but I live in Europe, so if they're truly Amazon-exclusive I'll have to wait until they get released for regular DLC. As always, lovely how Harmonix thinks of the non-US crowd.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah, I went through the sp story of RB3/RB1&2 and finished it, but I just went automatically to quickplay in RB4. I never bothered to complete the story stuff in 4. Didn't seem too interesting.

Gleethor

Wow Hemorrhage sounds really bad from what I've seen on YT plays. Probably doesn't use stems.

I was hoping that they were getting better with making songs without stems sound not-awful, Jumper was just ok and I didn't even realize there was anything wrong with Where Is My Mind until someone else mentioned it.

Got up early and played this week's DLC on Guitar and Bass. Here's my first playthrough scores and track seperation impressions.

"Uptown Girl" - Billy Joel
Expert Guitar: 95,836 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 1
Expert Bass: 91,522 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 2

Seperated Tracks?:
Yes. Guitar track is properly seperated, though hard to make out due to the bizzare mixing of the song, and after a lot of listening I can just about make about out that the bass is seperated as well. Good news for all you Joel fans!

"Hemorrhage (In My Hands)" - Fuel
Expert Guitar: 138,354 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 2
Expert Bass: 97,329 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 2

Seperated Tracks?: A resounding no. Every track from vocals to drums simply muffles and lowers no matter what instrument you're on when missing notes. Easily one of the worst cases of a non-stemmed song this year so far and in the game to date. Great song though!

vg260

"Hemorrhage (In My Hands)" - Fuel
Expert Guitar: 138,354 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 2
Expert Bass: 97,329 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 2

Seperated Tracks?: A resounding no. Every track from vocals to drums simply muffles and lowers no matter what instrument you're on when missing notes. Easily one of the worst cases of a non-stemmed song this year so far and in the game to date. Great song though!

Good lord, what is going on? Welp, money saved I guess.

Thanks again for the review.

Semisonic – Closing Time
Sia – Chandelier

Not a bad batch of songs.

Yaari

I don't know. I can see their point about the songs but then again, won't playerbase already be split due to export songs?

That was kind of my main interest in the expansion, a good bunch of songs. Meh, I'll probably skip this. The modes dont seem to be for me, I like to do a couple of songs and thats it. I dont even care much for multiplayer as I usually play the game on my own anyway.

vg260

I don't know. I can see their point about the songs but then again, won't playerbase already be split due to export songs?

That was kind of my main interest in the expansion, a good bunch of songs. Meh, I'll probably skip this. The modes dont seem to be for me, I like to do a couple of songs and thats it. I dont even care much for multiplayer as I usually play the game on my own anyway.

Yeah, same. I' think I'm going to pass on this, especially with the recent trend of poor quality non-separated tracks. It's really soured me on the the game recently. I'm not putting my money down not knowing the quality of the couple songs I'd want.

FyreWulff

Yeah, Harmonix really needs to start talking about the masters stuff. Or at least start denoting non-split master songs in some way. Or even if it's just a flag they implement where the game doesn't solo out the audio data due to a label request or something, but there needs to be some transparency.

I think they started getting more futureproofed songs later on - Lego was built out of pending DLC tracks and exported in it's entirety, and Green Day is available a la carte, and Blitz had all of it's tracks made available as singles/packs - but part of the issue there is some of those songs in exports were only available for licensing if they were included on a disc.

And separating all the Harmonix tracks from the previous exports does seem to be a direct response to trying to un-split the userbase by legally disconnecting them from the RB1/2 licenses.

Top Bottom