• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Monday is the Fourth of July, America's Independence Day.

Plus, they've already confirmed that next week's DLC reveal will be tomorrow via Twitter.

YEAH!

xXuRsGv.gif

FyreWulff

Apparently previewing Happy by Mudvayne in the dlc store plays Happy by Pharrell, so I guess that's coming soon

This reminds me of how Rock Band World would show you the same album art for all songs with the same name. So Dave Grohl got even more songs on the store.

Where Is My Mind? is WAY overdue. Fantastic stuff.

As for the rest

Bastille - Pompeii
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling?
Brian Setzer - Probably another Stray Cats re-recording. Rock This Town?
Fuel - Hemorrhage (In My Hands)
Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be, assuming they still count RBN as "released".

Tapejara

Where is my Mind will be good. Seeing Hinder gave me a good laugh because I hadn't heard that name in for ever. Not my kind of song but good for those who enjoy it!

Black Eyed Peas? Please be "where is the love" or any of their other earlier stuff.

Where is the Love would be great. Shut Up would be really cool for harmony vocals.

FyreWulff

They'd have to license the sample. They may as well just get the original song instead.

I was under the impression Misirlou was a cover in GH2 because Dick Dale's version is from 1962, which is is pushing it for split master availability.

(Jessica is a weird case since they apparently wanted to do a version without the piano solo)

I was under the impression Misirlou was a cover in GH2 because Dick Dale's version is from 1962, which is is pushing it for split master availability.

(Jessica is a weird case since they apparently wanted to do a version without the piano solo)

Most of GH2 was covers. That's not to say that it makes Misirlou masters working any more likely, but they'd still have to license Dick Dale's version of the song for Pump It.

CloudWolf

Black Eyed Peas in Rock Band, fuck me.

Oh yeah, and I will buy both songs next week. Where Is My Mind is one of my favourite songs of all time and Lips of an Angel is a big guilty pleasure of mine.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit Where is my Mind. That should have been in there since RB1.
And I'm actually gonna buy a Black Eyed Peas song if it's Where is the love. But how probable are two songs in one month that start with "Where", right?

And I'm actually gonna buy a Black Eyed Peas song if it's Where is the love. But how probable are two songs in one month that start with "Where", right?

It's less crazy than having two songs called "Walk" coming out in successive weeks (Foo Fighters and Pantera).

Where Is My Mind has been on the slightly more than baseless speculation rumour list for years, since RB1 even, but I can't remember why. Data mining, maybe? Not as credible as the metal pack that never was, but still with good reason to expect it. Wish I could find the old Score Hero topic.

Amazed it took so long to come out.

EYEL1NER

Not as credible as the metal pack that never was
Oh shit, I forgot about that! Now I remember it being a thing, but I cannot remember what the rumored songs were. One of them was a Metallica song, no?

"Where is my Mind" is a welcome addition. I got really excited when I saw Brian Setzer too but then I realized that it would just be "Rock This Town" and got a bit less excited. I'll still buy and play it though. My dreams of having a ton of great rockabilly and psychobilly in the game will never come true, so I'll take what I can get, I guess.

Oh shit, I forgot about that! Now I remember it being a thing, but I cannot remember what the rumored songs were. One of them was a Metallica song, no?

Fuel by Metallica, Supernaut by Black Sabbath and Wrathchild by Iron Maiden, the latter two being covers. I'd kill to have those two, particularly given that the we've had both Maiden masters from the first album and Sabbath masters from Masters of Reality in GH. They're possible.

EYEL1NER

Fuel by Metallica, Supernaut by Black Sabbath and Wrathchild by Iron Maiden, the latter two being covers. I'd kill to have those two, particularly given that the we've had both Maiden masters from the first album and Sabbath masters from Masters of Reality in GH. They're possible.
That's right. I remember how hopeful I was for that to be true back then, that was before we got the massive amount of Maiden songs we have now. I was so excited about the possibility of another Maiden cover.

I would rather have Caribou, Gigantic, Cactus, or Ed is Dead instead of Where is My Mind?.

As much as I enjoy Where is My Mind I already had it as a custom song back in RB3.

vg260

That's right. I remember how hopeful I was for that to be true back then, that was before we got the massive amount of Maiden songs we have now. I was so excited about the possibility of another Maiden cover.

I almost lost my mind when I saw that first Maiden pack.

ineji

Neo Member
just got last week's dlc, enjoyed All These Things That I've Done mainly because i'm a fan of the song beforehand. 99% with 2 stupid mistakes

Africa is really good, but i'm not good enough to score very high (and my guitar kept disconnecting every 5 seconds.. grr)

vg260

just got last week's dlc, enjoyed All These Things That I've Done mainly because i'm a fan of the song beforehand. 99% with 2 stupid mistakes

Africa is really good, but i'm not good enough to score very high (and my guitar kept disconnecting every 5 seconds.. grr)

Did you run the firmware update for the guitar?

c-murph

Toto and then more Billy Joel. I don't know what got into Harmonix, but I like it.

Can't remember any obvious songs that are missing except Uptown Girl so it's probably that.

Top Bottom