• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

From the streams and such I've seen it seems like there is like...quasi-album grouping?

2015-10-0611_51_21-phfwru7.png

When you sort by artist, it's then sorted by album name, then track listing on the album. It is missing the headers though that were in RB3 which sucks and hopefully we get them back. It shouldn't be too much of an outlandish request since it's already sorting by album anyway.
I'm going to check the second I get back home. I checked using my Megadeth albums, which I thought would be best since there's 2 and they're conveniently color coded!

have you tried plugging the USB into the console with the controller?

ALSO

update your firmware using a laptop/PC....apparently you need bluetooth to update the guitars.....

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledge...-band-4-wireless-controllers-firmware-updates

Diect link to PS4 Stratocaster firmware.....its an exe file

http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/updates/rb4/PS4RB4GuitarFirmwareUpdate_v114.exe

ALSO ALSO
There's no usb cable or connection. And I don't have a laptop with Bluetooth... great.

On you last bit, just tried that. Thank you very much ViciousDS you are a life saver.

ViciousDS

Banned
There's no usb cable or connection. And I don't have a laptop with Bluetooth... great.

read my edit

the also also part

I don't think you paired it lol

Press and hold the pairing button on the instrument for 5 seconds until the LED starts flashing red and blue alternately
On your PlayStation 4 system, use the DualShock 4 controller to navigate to the following menus in sequence:
Settings
Devices
Bluetooth Devices
Your instrument should appear in the list of devices - select it and then answer 'Yes' when the console asks if you would like to connect to the instrument
Assign the instrument to a user on the system and then you can use the instrument in Rock Band 4

let me know how it goes

FyreWulff

From the streams and such I've seen it seems like there is like...quasi-album grouping?

2015-10-0611_51_21-phfwru7.png

When you sort by artist, it's then sorted by album name, then track listing on the album. It is missing the headers though that were in RB3 which sucks and hopefully we get them back. It shouldn't be too much of an outlandish request since it's already sorting by album anyway.

That was probably to keep logical sorting but also not needing the 3-song minimum to trigger the headers. If you've got a ton of songs half of your scrolling can just be the album headers.

Is it just me or does the new drum pedal require a little too much force to detect a note played? Can't tell if its been too long or my pedal is defective.

read my edit

the also also part

I don't think you paired it lol

Press and hold the pairing button on the instrument for 5 seconds until the LED starts flashing red and blue alternately
On your PlayStation 4 system, use the DualShock 4 controller to navigate to the following menus in sequence:
Settings
Devices
Bluetooth Devices
Your instrument should appear in the list of devices - select it and then answer 'Yes' when the console asks if you would like to connect to the instrument
Assign the instrument to a user on the system and then you can use the instrument in Rock Band 4

let me know how it goes
All is well with the world. Thank you so much man!

DarkOneX

"We wanted to let you know that we have shipped your items. We've combined "Rock Band 4 Wireless Guitar..." and one other item from your orders together in the same package. "

ahhhhhhh it's happening! ETA tomorrow w00t!

libregkd

That was probably to keep logical sorting but also not needing the 3-song minimum to trigger the headers. If you've got a ton of songs half of your scrolling can just be the album headers.

I suppose this also has to do with not being able to create setlist, but rather liked the headers as it gave easy access to just play all the songs off the album with just selecting it. However, RB3 and RB4 have very different ways of displaying the song list so what, I felt anyway, looked fine in RB3 could look like a cluttered mess on RB4. Which looking more at people going through their list of songs lately, that is probably the case. I'm kind of surprised that Harmonix just hasn't come up with a standardized way to view the song list after all this time hah. Every game has a different way of handling it.

I loved the album grouping from Rock Band 3! Since I cherry pick DLC, album grouping was a reward for me for liking 3 songs from an album and I adored it. I had about 1000 songs by the end of my time with RB3 if that means anything.

bounchfx

oh wow, first impressions of the new guitar while I wait forever for xbox to finish installing fucking updates:

A lot nicer than the beatles and old guitars. damn. It's subtle improvements, but they make a lot of difference. The buttons feel better, almost like a mix between the RB2 and GH2 guitars. same with the strum bar. It's quiet, but it also feels like I have a lot more control than the complete mush-fest of the other guitars. I also like the size.. I've been using my TBRB hofner bass as my main guitar for a while and it's just too big, so I'm glad this one is a bit smaller to allow for more control. what I don't like is that it's still garbage black and white colored. at least the neck is dark now instead of vomit yellow.

whenever this shitfuck finishes updating I'm gonna see if the changes translate to the game as I'm expecting.

also, anyone have any idea what the usb cable holes by the battery slots are for? is every instrument also able to be played without batteries/wired?

lastly; where the hell are my codes for the amazon $300 exclusive dlc tracks?

If Best Buy didn't email my pre order code after picking up the band in a box, who do I need to contact to get them?

I preordered online

I can't download most of the music I bought yesterday. Show up as unavailable :/

Examples include Doolittle album, The Who pack, Cars album, etc

Edit: Also have the same question as Ricen

oh wow, first impressions of the new guitar while I wait forever for xbox to finish installing fucking updates:

A lot nicer than the beatles and old guitars. damn. It's subtle improvements, but they make a lot of difference. The buttons feel better, almost like a mix between the RB2 and GH2 guitars. same with the strum bar. It's quiet, but it also feels like I have a lot more control than the complete mush-fest of the other guitars. I also like the size.. I've been using my TBRB hofner bass as my main guitar for a while and it's just too big, so I'm glad this one is a bit smaller to allow for more control.

whenever this shitfuck finishes updating I'm gonna see if the changes translate to the game as I'm expecting.

also, anyone have any idea what the usb cable holes by the battery slots are for? is every instrument also able to be played without batteries/wired?
The usb connection is for firmware updates to the instruments for xbox, which they should have done for the ps4 instruments too in case I have to update in the future since I don't have a laptop with Bluetooth capabilities.

I can't download most of the music I bought yesterday. Show up as unavailable :/

Examples include Doolittle album, The Who pack, Cars album, etc

Edit: Also have the same question as Ricen

Had the same issue on Ps4. On the web store, readd what you bought and check out again. It should be free and turns it into the PS4 compatible pack. Which then gives you the option to download the tracks themselves in your Download List.

Wish I had bought those same packs, but got triggershy at the last minute.

Just picked up my BIAB from Best Buy

Now I have to suffer 4 more hours at work :/

Same boat here. Got my band box during lunch at the same best buy that told me yesterday that I couldn't pick it up until Friday. Ugh, well at least I have it, now to finish up the work day.

As far as I could tell, they hold the games behind the counter where you would pick up internet orders, looked like they had at least 2 band boxes for each system, and probably about as many guitar plus game sets. not much stock honestly, so I'm thinking they filled preorders only, if that.

cakely

Ok, I just finished downloading the Xbox One version.

What's the best way to get all my Xbox 360 DLC? There doesn't seem to be an in-game option to do it.

I can go to the marketplace, search on "Rock Band" and click on each song and see if it has an "install" option. This can't be the best way, right?

Isn't there a download list with all my previous purchases on it?

Same boat here. Got my band box during lunch at the same best buy that told me yesterday that I couldn't pick it up until Friday. Ugh, well at least I have it, now to finish up the work day.

As far as I could tell, they hold the games behind the counter where you would pick up internet orders, looked like they had at least 2 band boxes for each system, and probably about as many guitar plus game sets. not much stock honestly, so I'm thinking they filled preorders only, if that.
Did they email you the preorder codes?

I put Felony as my stand in vocalist and can't stop laughing at her hair physics when she's singing. Might have to swap her out if she keeps messing me up!

cosine

Neo Member
How did you download it was it in game? Because haven't seen anything for blitz in the store

It was from the PS4 menus. I went to library -> Rock Band 4 -> Related Items -> My Add-Ons. They were in my list of owned DLC. I downloaded right from that menu.

bounchfx

more immediate impressions:

I don't know if anyone else noticed but the lack of an intro FMV was really obvious to me. it really helped hype up the previous games and were awesome to have. dat budget tho.

drum navigation is default to off. I got frustrated but it's easily toggable in the options.

they REALLY REALLY need a better way to download your past dlc. this is like a big 'we aren't thinking of you' to their biggest customers

also what is guitar solo cues in the options? i went to look in the manual... but there is no manual that came with the game. and it doesn't say wtf it is. is it the freestyle solos? because if so 1) why isn't it called that 2) that shit is getting turned off immediately
omg

hype rising

mcfrank

Ok, I just finished downloading the Xbox One version.

What's the best way to get all my Xbox 360 DLC? There doesn't seem to be an in-game option to do it.

I can go to the marketplace, search on "Rock Band" and click on each song and see if it has an "install" option. This can't be the best way, right?

Isn't there a download list with all my previous purchases on it?

You can use the Xbox One Menu to pull up everything you own for it. Don't do it in game.

bounchfx

fuuuuck, downloading my old dlc is even more painful now that I'm doing it, because it's not just going through a list and redownloading. it's going through EVERY SINGLE SONG THEY RELEASED and remembering what you own and downloading. fml

it wouldnt be so much of a problem except that there's a view bug that doesn't show what you have purchased until you already select it. and every time I get one wrong and back out, it asks if I want to buy "Closer to the Edge". I do not.

RedBoot

they REALLY REALLY need a better way to download your past dlc. this is like a big 'we aren't thinking of you' to their biggest customers

To be fair, they could have been limited by the console's stores themselves. The Playstation Store seems to be held together by paste and good intentions, after all.

Neil_J_UK

Sorry this has probably been answered before but - how come it's only showing a handful of my purchased songs as 'purchased' when looking on the store in game? What gives?

evanmisha

Just FYI, the Xbox and PSN pre-order bonuses are both up on the NA PSN webstore, so you could buy Babymetal there and queue it up on your PS4. It will install and play perfectly :)

bounchfx

To be fair, they could have been limited by the console's stores themselves. The Playstation Store seems to be held together by paste and good intentions, after all.

yeah I know. I'm really grateful there's backwards compat DLC at all. but I have a lot of expectations for harmonix because they have traditionally be great, so seeing some small shit like I'm bitching about is uncharacteristic for them but I also understand they didn't really have big $$$ backing the title this time.. and it shows. but I'm stoked that it's here.

Also, is there any way to get your Blitz songs in the game immediately? I see One Week on the store but it says I need to pay when I go to download it :|

I tried using my wife's laptop to do the PS4 firmware updates, and the same thing happened with the grossly overpriced Bluetooth USB adapter I just bought for my desktop.

I'm able to pair the guitar without any problems. The MadCatz app seems to send the data to the guitar fine. Afterwards, though, the MadCatz app tries to send the guitar into "Test Mode", which consistently drops the Bluetooth connection (!), and I'm told:

1444160167_1.png

I've power-cycled the guitar and gone through the same process over and over to no avail. Bizarrely, the drums updated without a hitch. Any other ideas for the guitar, though? I'm beyond frustrated right now.

bigkurz

Banned
fuuuuck, downloading my old dlc is even more painful now that I'm doing it, because it's not just going through a list and redownloading. it's going through EVERY SINGLE SONG THEY RELEASED and remembering what you own and downloading. fml

it wouldnt be so much of a problem except that there's a view bug that doesn't show what you have purchased until you already select it. and every time I get one wrong and back out, it asks if I want to buy "Closer to the Edge". I do not.

When I go through the IN GAME list, anything I've already purchased is listed as FREE. i can then download it.

the process still sucks though.

Amazon.ca is refunding me the cost of priority shipping as I paid for priority and the order is just now entering the shipment process.
So there's that at least.

bounchfx

When I go through the IN GAME list, anything I've already purchased is listed as FREE. i can then download it.

the process still sucks though.

are you on PS4?

for xbox, things are marked as 'PURCHASED" randomly.. but even then, there's no indication as to whether or not you've downloaded it. :(

i tried sorting by album or bundle (hoping to get my blitz), but they're blank

another update: I've been going through the list finding everything I want immediately that's missing, probably clicked 50 songs so far, but the first 4-5 keep repeating as 'finished downloading'.. hope it's just a view bug with xbox Lol. I guess I'll actually play now.

Had the same issue on Ps4. On the web store, readd what you bought and check out again. It should be free and turns it into the PS4 compatible pack. Which then gives you the option to download the tracks themselves in your Download List.

Wish I had bought those same packs, but got triggershy at the last minute.
Didn't work for me, PS3 is still the only option

Tried to do it again and now it says I'm illegible to download or purchase this content :

Also: Lol at the 100 dollar psn offer starting today and not yesterday when I spent like 80 bucks on dlc.

mcfrank

This is what I'm looking for ... so Menu button, then what? Manage game? That gives me a list of every add-on, not just what I own.

Boot up the game, quit the game, click menu over the Rock Band 4 icon, Manage Game, Scroll all the way to the right, Click Ready to Install and all available purchases in history will download.

^ That is from somone on the Harmonix forum. I have not tried it yet personally as I am stuck at work for 3 more hours.

Actually, you do. It's a good song, but it's probably not very easy for Vocals if they kept the screaming in (they took it out of the RB version of "The Kill")

The GHWT guitar suddenly sprung to life (no idea why, just a couple of reboots and replugging) and I played through the first couple of tours in career mode without problems. I didn't want to mess with the DLC chaos yet; I suppose I'll look into that tomorrow if the guitar still works. Damn my hands are out of shape :/

bounchfx

they have already said multiple times first party doesn't allow a batch download option

unfortunately that doesn't make it any less disappointing :(

but what does that mean for the exports of rb1/2/blitz/gd/lego ? aren't those 'batches' of songs? i'm just impatient T__T

Southcott

Right, odd one here

I'm playing the Xbox one version and there is sometimes fairly significant stutter when the notes are coming down. It's really jarring and off putting.

Never had the issue on previous games but I've recently got a new Sony Bravia 4K TV and I've heard sometimes the rock band games don't like to play well with HD TVs at times

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction at all?

Thanks

Top Bottom