• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay there really is a minimal amount of legacy DLC on the EU store. And knowing EU PSN that's how it'll be for some time. Imma just smoke crack and go to bed.

Well I am still trying to get that rock band 2 export code, still no luck....I can't count how many times I've tried. Anybody have a spare one for xbox 360? I'd be willing to compensate if needed.... Please let me know!

ViciousDS

Banned
Well I am still trying to get that rock band 2 export code, still no luck....I can't count how many times I've tried. Anybody have a spare one for xbox 360? I'd be willing to compensate if needed.... Please let me know!

Stopping at Best Buy......I could see if they have RB2 and a manual for the hell of it. I need the disc anyways for my collection lol

Edit: the manual codes do still work right? Lol

Gleethor

Has anyone else tried using the effects switch? I can't get it to work outside of freestyle solos. Overdrive and normal solos don't sound any different :/

And it's dispatched! Whoo!

qrE3P1g.png

Jeremy

Wish I could find a bundle with just the drums and game!

Will probably go all out for the complete set but it's the drums that draw me in. Wish they would at least allow custom bundles in online stores.

Yeah, my guitar controller is constantly going down whenever I switch to it now(ie, in a menu)

Upgraded the firmware, reset my PS4, disconnected and reconnected the controller, recalibrated, and so on and the issue remains. I haven't played one of these games in many years. Is there something I'm missing? Ie, a switch that makes it do that?

evanmisha

Yeah, my guitar controller is constantly going down whenever I switch to it now(ie, in a menu)

Upgraded the firmware, reset my PS4, disconnected and reconnected the controller, recalibrated, and so on and the issue remains. I haven't played one of these games in many years. Is there something I'm missing? Ie, a switch that makes it do that?

Pop the batteries out and put them back in? If that doesn't work, I dunno what to tell you.

I FULL COMBO'D STILL INTO YOU ON EXPERT HARMONIES ON MY FIRST TRY OH MY GOOOOOOOD

It took me YEARS to FC Misery Business (my favorite song ever) and the very first song I play in RB4 I FC! AND IT'S A PARAMORE SONG AHHHHHHH

Third place on the leaderboard, baby!

Pop the batteries out and put them back in? If that doesn't work, I dunno what to tell you.
Yeah, that didn't work. Not sure what happened, was playing for thirty means or so with no issues :/

Would a replacement be through best buy or Harmonix? I mean, obviously I'm going to keep trying things but if it doesn't work :/

At least all my dlc finally showed up.

Edit: Yeah, I've tried every option and nothing works. Menu navigation is impossible without using the controller which then registers it has a mic........not happy so far.

evanmisha

Yeah, that didn't work. Not sure what happened, was playing for thirty means or so with no issues :/

Would a replacement be through best buy or Harmonix? I mean, obviously I'm going to keep trying things but if it doesn't work :/

At least all my dlc finally showed up.

You could try McGuyver'ing it. Hold up on the d-pad while you pop the batteries out, pop 'em back in, and resync. I'm not doubting there's an issue but that should atleast let you have some fun in the meantime.

Rock Band 4 comes tomorrow and been trailing through the Xbox one to download my purchased songs. Noticed that Xbox one songs downloaded already which was nice.

Tried to look for rock band 1 export code but can't find it. It was only £3 odd but was wondering anyone know how it works in the game? Is it implemented yet or do I need to wait for a few updates

The Amazon listing for the X1 full band bundle literally just changed from "19 left in stock (but more coming)" to "In stock but may require an additional 1-2 days to process".

EDIT: And now it just went back to 18 in stock. Damn now 12. Nevermind. It's totally broken. It says something completely different every time you refresh the page.

So Amazon tells me that apparently the adapter was out of order when I ordered it, even though Amazon's store didn't say that. It'll be here on the 8th. They gave me a $15 credit for my trouble.

I guess I'll sing today?

So Amazon tells me that apparently the adapter was out of order when I ordered it, even though Amazon's store didn't say that. It'll be here on the 8th. They gave me a $15 credit for my trouble.

I guess I'll sing today?

Your Expert vocals career begins here! Watch this space superNESjoe for #1 worldwide vocals player!

jadedm17

Guitar freestyles are incredibly fun and from my first hour of solo play im gonna say worth the upgrade alone, to me at least.

Start a Band - Brad Paisley ft. Keith Urban is my new favorite song and I don't really like country.

Turns out my BIAB did arrive. The card for missed delivery went to next door, and the delivery went to the house further down.

Yeah, I dunno.

Basic impressions after an hour:

- The Strat is very good. But it takes some getting used to from our Lord almighty GH5 guitar. But the Strat's calibration technique is very good, it's been there since RB2 but I've never used it before.
- I like the fact that the stars get more gold the more points you get. The fact that they gauge everything but gold stars has been strange post-RB1 where gold stars were a genuine surprise.
- SCEE are as crap as ever. Barely any songs I own are free, and the new ones aren't available yet.
- Lazaretto is fucking amazing.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Can I only install DLC songs if I actually have the game? Because I have like 30 downloaded and all of them are "waiting to install" (PS4).

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Can I only install DLC songs if I actually have the game? Because I have like 30 downloaded and all of them are "waiting to install".

Yes but they will all install when you start the game.

Because right now the console wants to install the content but doesn't know where the main game is.

Kolma

Feels so good D:

Been playing all morning xD'
Once you get freestyles guitar down they are really fun.

Finally got my preorder code from Best Buy and also got my Legacy Adapter from amazon which came in a plain box with a legacy adapter sticker on it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yes but they will all install when you start the game.

Because right now the console wants to install the content but doesn't know where the main game is.
Cool, thanks.

Man I really hope they update the legacy DLC on EU PSN daily, and not weekly during the regular update.

By resyncing you mean going into bluetooth devices and connecting that way right? Tried holding the dpad up and strummer down/up and neither made any difference. Seems properly fucked.

Kolma

I'm saying hold up during the entire resync process. That should force the d-pad's neutral spot higher, as it were.

D-pad isn't an analog input. just whammy is. (and the effects toggle but that works magic to not have a bad neutral)

It might be is actualy d-pad.
Mine is totally f-d on guitar and It's a PITA to navigate xbox one home with it. Hopefully they fix it in a firmware update.. I dont want to have to RMA my best guitar ;-;

Not a single rock band copy of any sorts that at all!

Shelves were flooded with sleeping dogs though XD

All the coworkers smiled though when I picked up my giant band in a box.....little more weight to it than I thought

No kidding, I had difficulty stuffing in into the trunk of my wife's car.... finally jammed it in there, but I had to return to work from lunch

Top Bottom