• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

libregkd

unfortunately that doesn't make it any less disappointing :(

but what does that mean for the exports of rb1/2/blitz/gd/lego ? aren't those 'batches' of songs? i'm just impatient T__T
Exports are a single download. That download just happens to have multiple songs in it. That's different from downloading multiple different songs/song packs.

Matteoj8

Was able to download almost all my DLC from PSN today, everything except:
Disturbed Pack 1&2
Queen Pack 01

Gotta have Queen!!

I don't mind downloading songs individually, it's just that now almost none of the songs I bought are actually downloadable and the repurchase trick didn't work :/

On the PS4 the songs I can't download show up in the game's store as purchased but trying to download them that way doesn't work either.

cakely

Boot up the game, quit the game, click menu over the Rock Band 4 icon, Manage Game, Scroll all the way to the right, Click Ready to Install and all available purchases in history will download.

^ That is from somone on the Harmonix forum. I have not tried it yet personally as I am stuck at work for 3 more hours.

Hmm. Ok. The "Ready to install" link is currently just the pre-order bonus tracks. That's a good start, but it still looks like I'm in for looking through the entire available library for the rest of my tracks.

j-wood

The fact that a firmware update is necessary, and they are relying only on bluetooth is such a gross oversight. There should be a USB port if only for this. What if you don't have a bluetooth enabled pc like me?

bounchfx

Exports are a single download. That download just happens to have multiple songs in it. That's different from downloading multiple different songs/song packs.

that's what i figured, awesome. (whenever that happens)

found this list of 'broken' dlc on the RB forums:
http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/dis...prehensive-list-and-how-to-updated-error-list

explains why they want me to pay for songs I already own. guess we just gotta steer clear of those in the meantime, apparently they don't work even if you buy them again? i'm sure itll be sorted soonish

edit: great. my red drum pad seems to suck shit at rolls and drops notes. I hope it's just me. I don't want to have to go get my RB2 pads, urgh. also whoever thought the notes should glow like that... what a terrible idea.

It was from the PS4 menus. I went to library -> Rock Band 4 -> Related Items -> My Add-Ons. They were in my list of owned DLC. I downloaded right from that menu.

Awesome I'll have to check that tonight! Blitz has a good bit of decent songs of the 25 and now just need them to unlock Green day, RB 1 and 2

Gorki247

Something is fucked about the preorder tracks on Xbone. Keep downloading Babymetal. It keeps installing as JANE.

Yeah, boyee!

I think HMX is aware this issue and are looking into it.

Hey, what's with that song "Jane?" Oh, by Jefferson Starship? It's a great track! We are also aware of the issue in particular and investigating. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snjqdt

bounchfx

Update your firmware for the drums first......I heard they were causing double hit registrations and it might be screwing you up

wait there's a firmware update already? I'll check it out

it doesn't seem like it's double hitting though. before a song, I do a regular speed roll and it misses 60% of the hits. It's the worst ive seen since RB1. here's hoping the firmware thing fixes it..

ViciousDS

Banned
wait there's a firmware update already? I'll check it out

it doesn't seem like it's double hitting though. before a song, I do a regular speed roll and it misses 60% of the hits. It's the worst ive seen since RB1. here's hoping the firmware thing fixes it..

;)

V2.25

Addresses rapid hit detection issues

How do you update these controllers on xbox one? same way you update the normal one?

No, exe file on the computer from the website

So fucking PISSED.

I pre-ordered the game + adapter from Amazon. As of this morning, I still hadn't been charged and no shipping information had been updated. I knew what was happening. Seen this before.

So I just went out to buy the game at a store. Getting just the game should have no problem, right? WRONG.

I live in a very large city in Georgia. There are four Gamestops in my town. NO SHOPS ANYWHERE have this game on Xbox One. The local Gamestops only received the game + guitar. No standalone copies and no full band kits.

What a shitshow.

Raide

Any way to filter out the purchased songs within the store?

Also, are the RB 1 and 2 Songs appearing for everyone? Cannot see them in my list yet.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is all the legacy DLC up on EU PSN? Because I found like 20 of the songs I own until I was at "C" and then its pretty much over, doesn't matter which filter I apply on the store.

bounchfx

thank you for the heads up! updating it now.. fingers crossed.

the only thing I don't like about this stuff is that the casual user probably won't have any idea this is possible and/or necessary. hopefully it only affects the first wave of instruments

So fucking PISSED.

I pre-ordered the game + adapter from Amazon. As of this morning, I still hadn't been charged and no shipping information had been updated. I knew what was happening. Seen this before.

So I just went out to buy the game at a store. Getting just the game should have no problem, right? WRONG.

I live in a very large city in Georgia. There are four Gamestops in my town. NO SHOPS ANYWHERE have this game on Xbox One. The local Gamestops only received the game + guitar. No standalone copies and no full band kits.

What a shitshow.
It really doesn't seem like the publisher has their shit in order. The exports aren't ready yet, you can't buy instruments separately yet, you can't do this and do that yet etc etc etc.

Why did I even preorder

ViciousDS

Banned
For those on Xbox one update your firmware for the drums! There is a patch addressing rapid hits not being detected!

For those using PS4 drums and guitar update your firmware for compatibility and double hits using cymbals if you are using the old cymbals on the new kits!

You update via USB to PC for Xbox one controllers

Update via Bluetooth to PC for PS4 controllers

Updates can be found on this web page

Please put this in the OT

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/209/rock-band-instrument-firmware-updates

If you don't have a Bluetooth compatible PC you can actually go to 5below and get an adapter for under $5 and they work! I use them for headsets on my PC

Edit: on my way to Best Buy now!

It really doesn't seem like the publisher has their shit in order. The exports aren't ready yet, you can't buy instruments separately yet, you can't do this and do that yet etc etc etc.

Why did I even preorder

And I love the Mad Catz "apology".

LOL SHOULD HAVE PRE-ORDERED

Except I did.

My laptop fucking broke and I wont be able to update my instruments.
This is pretty fucking stupid since it HAS to be bluetooth. UGH

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
And I love the Mad Catz "apology".

LOL SHOULD HAVE PRE-ORDERED

Except I did.

I'm in the same boat. I never pre-order games, but I thought, well, maybe these adapters could be somewhat limited. So I did, because that should've guaranteed me a copy plus the adapter, right?

Guys, I can't support your game if you don't let me.

So fucking PISSED.

What a shitshow.

It's a fucking mess of a launch for sure. No stores seem to have gotten the game with legacy adapter at all, and most stores only got a couple each of the guitar and band bundles. They either simply couldn't produce enough quickly enough, or were really afraid of making a bunch of shit and it not selling. It's pretty fucked that there's no way to get two guitars right now short of buying the guitar package twice, which even if you were insane enough to do, good luck finding two of them on shelves.

Then we have issues with DLC and fucking firmware updates for the instruments. Just a mess all around.

Seriously disappointed with Rock Band 4. It is in almost every way a step back from Rock Band 3. I feel stupid for buying the Band In A Box now (which didn't even turn up today!).

Top Bottom