• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

espher

Yeah, i can't understand for the life of my why they still use the rubber band strum bar with absolutely NO feedback. It's awful.

I vastly prefer it to the GH guitars tbh. It was a weird adjustment in RB1 and that strumbar was so not good but once I got the RB2 guitar I was like 'yep, this is better for me'.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I like clicky for guitar, mushy for bass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cathcart

You don't have to call EA. You have to call EA if you can't buy the 10 dollar export key, which was supposed to be delisted. Not sure how you bought it, unless you already had it.

That's why I was confused. I had to create a new Live account last week because I haven't played my 360 in years and MS account support blows. So it's a brand new account. I never exported 2 with my old account, though, because I didn't buy RB3 until last week.

Dineren

Banned
I forgot just how fun it is playing Rock Band drums. Even though it is a pretty bare-bones package the gameplay is still a blast. Hopefully this does well and Harmonix is able to keep supporting it.

I've been playing this game for about five hours and I've only played a third of this game's on-disc soundtrack.

Love the vote system.

I played from 6pm to 10pm yesterday and didnt play a single on disc song. I didnt even play all of my DLC songs (which I bought a week before launch). Plus the export from 1 and 2 will come. Jesus.

It was beautiful.

T.O.P

Banned
What. Oh man. Assuming I can even find an Xbox one version of band in a box, I'd absolutely explode if this happened.
....what?
huh? All my stuff was X1....that's interesting.

Has any other gaffer had this issue? I only saw those who were actually missing games.
Mostly from Reddit, but i saw some mentions here as well

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Ban...ll_formats&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

I'm a huge RB fan, but I can't justify a $400 purchase of a new system, and for the legacy adapter and game. Besides, they don't support keys. If they supported keys, I'd be all over it.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Anyone else having trouble with DLC? Bought a few songs last night, but they either never downloaded or just didn't show up in my song queue. I went back into the store and it doesn't say anything about downloading it. This was bought through the store inside rock band itself, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

nictron

Are there known issues on PS4 with getting previously purchased DLC? I got a couple STP songs and the Billy Joel pack but nothing else is showing up as free. Am I doing this wrong?

Chastise me if my searching for previous answers failed.

#TeamClicky

The RB4 Guitar isn't awful, but it is the worst guitar I own. It's super tiny and it feels cheap and the strum bar just feels like I'm pressing mashed potatoes.

I can't wait for Amazon to ship my Adapter so I can use my World Tour guitar, which is perfection.

#TeamClicky

The RB4 Guitar isn't awful, but it is the worst guitar I own. It's super tiny and it feels cheap and the strum bar just feels like I'm pressing mashed potatoes.

I can't wait for Amazon to ship my Adapter so I can use my World Tour guitar, which is perfection.

100% agree. My favorite guitar is the GH2 360.

So any clue when we can play RB1&2 songs in RB4? I have both exports in my purchase history...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an ETA on when the Europeans can download songs from the store? All my songs are PS3 only.
This. Why aren't more people complaining about this? I could download 22 of the 250+ songs I bought on PS3.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh lame, are some RB1/2 songs just completely gone? I have to rebuy Bon Jovi songs? lol

(At least, I could have sworn those songs were DLC and not on disc games).

d1rtn4p

Dumb question. This is my first Rock Band. I bought the export keys/packs on the PSN Store. Is there a place that shows the songs in each so I can go download them?

MrNelson

Banned
Dumb question. This is my first Rock Band. I bought the export keys/packs on the PSN Store. Is there a place that shows the songs in each so I can go download them?
You have to wait for them to put the export packs up, even if they were track packs.

hodgy100

#TeamClicky

odd. i thought it felt light the highest quality guitar controller ive ever owned. i just prefer a clicky strum bar.

Are there known issues on PS4 with getting previously purchased DLC? I got a couple STP songs and the Billy Joel pack but nothing else is showing up as free. Am I doing this wrong?

Some, yes. If they were packs its a crapshoot if you can download them yet or not.
It's a wait and see thing right now honestly.

Gleethor

Oh lame, are some RB1/2 songs just completely gone? I have to rebuy Bon Jovi songs? lol

(At least, I could have sworn those songs were DLC and not on disc games).
The Bon Jovi songs were re-released as RB3 DLC. The actual exports aren't up yet but if you exported before, you shouldn't have to buy anything.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Bon Jovi songs were re-released as RB3 DLC. The actual exports aren't up yet but if you exported before, you shouldn't have to buy anything.
Hrm, okay.

And there's also just some DLC that doesn't work yet, right?

I remember buying all those European songs like "Perfekte Welle" but it's not registering that I own it.

jcutner

Does anyone know if the Guitar Hero 3 PS3 controller will work with the Rock Band 2 Wireless Guitar Dongle (PS3 as well of course)? I don't know if I can find the dongle for the Guitar Hero guitar, is it cross-compatible?

#TeamClicky

My favorite is still the Les Paul. I hardwired a couple of them (wires in the neck) and they are perfect! Whether they will work correctly will be found out when I get my Legacy Adapter sometime in 2020.

I guess I'm a weirdo cause I love the mushy Rock Band guitars, the GH guitars are great but I can't stand the clicking, especially if two people are playing guitar.

The Rock Band 4 guitar feels great, only thing I don't like is that it looks more plasticy than my Rock Band 2 guitar.

Was able to play some last night (after spending the first 2 hours downloading my back catalogue). Guitar only because my 360 IONs don't work yet.(grrrrrrr)
Anyways, just did quickplay. it is definitely rockband (in a good way) lots of subtle things.

Still trying to grasp the Freestyle Guitar stuff and really like the between song voting, should be great for parties! Really like the new guitar, seems to be a bit better build quality. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off after I switched over to vocals for one song. (I'm on Xbox One)

I'll be checking out the career mode tonight and will be streaming it as well.

EDIT: Also I will be getting my Xbone adapter tonight so I can try that out for those that want to know how it works with old guitar.

Ok. Thank you, at least I'm not alone

No problem man, I'm trying to help out a little with people late to the game because this stuff can be confusing.

---
Today I'll be actually trying out show mode or career or whatever. I just basically did Quickplay all last night.

DarkOneX

Played for the first time during lunch, could only get one song in. Took me a while to figure out how to sync the guitar to my XB1 lul, guess I should learn to read manuals. First impression is the game seems awesome, a little thrown back by the guitar though, guess I've only ever owned GH ones so the mushiness and quietness of this one seemed strange. Also with the buttons not sticking out like the GH ones I couldn't play worth a shit, kinda hard to tell where your hands are at since you can't feel them very well :s Hopefully I get used to that. Also noticed it said it imported 10 songs, presumedly the ones I got free from Amazon but it was supposed to be 34 songs? Maybe I still have to download them still, not sure what's up with that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Another question I'm sure has been covered before, but you can't customize individual band members unless the other instruments are signed in on profiles?

Another question I'm sure has been covered before, but you can't customize individual band members unless the other instruments are signed in on profiles?

Yes, but I believe they've said that they're working on fixing that.

Were those pages up before? If not, I feel like that means we're close enough that we should get it next week at the latest.

If you go into career mode and create a band you can edit your "Stand-Ins". I believe this carries over to the other modes unless people are logged in and create their own characters. I haven't spent a ton of time with this so if I am wrong someone please chime in and correct me but I believe that is how it works.

nictron

No problem man, I'm trying to help out a little with people late to the game because this stuff can be confusing.

---
Today I'll be actually trying out show mode or career or whatever. I just basically did Quickplay all last night.

If you don't have the discs but you exported Lego, 1&2 previously those will eventually show up right? I won't have to put the disc in the PS3 and export again or anything?

I noticed this last night. I had a friend using a RB1 guitar and dongle, so he didn't technically sign in on PSN, and kept him as a guest. He created a character, but then when we went to play again, his character was gone. Eventually I was able to select his character, and he selected mine. This has me thoroughly confused. o_O

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I'm waiting tor queen pack 1

but go to get more songs in the game, browse, and go to packs

find packs you have bought there.
It may say no content but give it a day or two

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, but I believe they've said that they're working on fixing that..
This really feels like something they put together to get out ahead of GH Live. lol

---

Man, I forgot how annoying it is for vocalists to activate star power. The detection for that seems as off as ever. lol

BuddyL33

Neo Member
I don't own RB4 yet, but I would like to start getting my RB library (built from DLC and all of the RB titles), over to my XB1. What's the best way to get this done?

Can you have 2 profiles on one Xbox both with different DLC, and use both at the same time?

If yes, do both need to be logged in at the same time? What if both set the same consoleas their primary one?

Basically, me and my friend want to use all and import all his old Rock Band 1,2 and 3 content, but he doesnt have an Xbox One yet, and maybe won't ever get one, so I want to buy any new DLC on my account.

Anyone?

Top Bottom