• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Amazon charged me and is actually preparing to ship out my Xbox One plus legacy adapter bundle. It's happening, guys.

Man this is great but we NEED Rock Band 3 exporting AND custom playlists for this to be the definitive version I know they want it to be. Rock on GAF!

That's cool. Thanks a lot for the reply.

I did notice (just checked) that I'm able to download a couple of things directly from the PS store that do the "content not found" in the game. So do keep an eye on when packs start appearing on the PS Store as you will be able to get it there as well. :)

I hope not, just ordered RB3 new from Amazon to come Friday. EA after 3 chat attempts finally gave me a code but I'll have no idea if it works until I just try it, I'll be pissed if I wasted $25 for no reason. I will add that they did link me to a Harmonix help site and I did notice there was a Q/A on there that after 5 years the RB exports are now closed, but I don't know when they put that up there as they don't date them.

Uh you can test if the code is any good on the PSN Webstore.
Click Redeem Code, Put the Code in, and instead of going through fully with redeeming it cancel out.

It wont use the code or anything if you cancel out.
If you go through all the way, it's as simple as going to "Get More Songs" in the RB3 menu after you get the game.

DarkOneX

Uh you can test if the code is any good on the PSN Webstore.
Click Redeem Code, Put the Code in, and instead of going through fully with redeeming it cancel out.

It wont use the code or anything if you cancel out.
If you go through all the way, it's as simple as going to "Get More Songs" in the RB3 menu after you get the game.

Mother sucker! I tried it and it worked, but I need the Xbox 360 version and EA chat knew that! So they gave me the wrong code?!

How do I calibrate the new RB4 guitar? When I go into calibration it only has audio and video.

Go to options with the guitar as your controller. Going through it should ask you for "auto calibration" with the guitar. Then prompt you from there.

It might be a button on the bottom like "Y for Auto Calibration"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How do I calibrate the new RB4 guitar? When I go into calibration it only has audio and video.
That should be it. You hold up the guitar to the speaker and the TV to calibrate each and it should do it automatically.

---

Anyway, I think I'm going to wait for more songs to be put into the game... I don't really like any of the on disc stuff and honestly it feels barebones right now.

Go to options with the guitar as your controller. Going through it should ask you for "auto calibration" with the guitar. Then prompt you from there.

It might be a button on the bottom like "Y for Auto Calibration"

ah okay thanks, maybe I was navigating with the normal controller.

Apoc29

Man this is great but we NEED Rock Band 3 exporting AND custom playlists for this to be the definitive version I know they want it to be. Rock on GAF!

Don't forget RBN! They mentioned the major hurdle with RBN is getting in contact with the artists to renegotiate licences as many of them are independent and don't really have an "office" to get in touch with. But I hope they at least try with some of the bigger bands *cough* Third Eye Blind *cough*.

Mother sucker! I tried it and it worked, but I need the Xbox 360 version and EA chat knew that! So they gave me the wrong code?!

I guess so. If after you put the code in and it popped up with the "Rock Band 2 Export Key" or something like that then yeah it's definitely the PSN code.
Good luck getting a new code man.

IndustryX

So I owned rb1,rb2,rb acdc and had a ton of DLC, all on the PS3. How do I go about getting these songs in game if I decide to buy it for ps4? I would love to pick this up, I miss the expert drum game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I owned rb1,rb2,rb acdc and had a ton of DLC, all on the PS3. How do I go about getting these songs in game if I decide to buy it for ps4? I would love to pick this up, I miss the expert drum game.
Anything that they still have the rights to will be just downloadable on PS4.

DarkOneX

I guess so. If after you put the code in and it popped up with the "Rock Band 2 Export Key" or something like that then yeah it's definitely the PSN code.
Good luck getting a new code man.

Ya not going well so far...

Deepak
I am sorry for the trouble but we have no other code at our end, that's the only code which you already got.

You
wut

Deepak
You need to contact the Harmonix Support.

You
I did they said to contact you

Deepak
We have closed the support for Rock Band and also already we made one time exception and granted the available code. Now no code can be granted.

You
ok but he screwed up and gave me the one for the console I don't even have

Deepak
Well, I have already provided you that we cannot grant any code so if you have any other query then let me know else I need to end this session.

Kolma

Ya not going well so far...

Deepak
I am sorry for the trouble but we have no other code at our end, that's the only code which you already got.

You
wut

Deepak
You need to contact the Harmonix Support.

You
I did they said to contact you

Deepak
We have closed the support for Rock Band and also already we made one time exception and granted the available code. Now no code can be granted.

You
ok but he screwed up and gave me the one for the console I don't even have

Just contact them from another email

Do the character creation options expand as you play? Because my god, the selection of clothing listed as purchasable or locked is abysmal, total lack of mixing and matching accessories on arms, and face, a pretty fucking meager selection of hair and hats, no footwear. A step back in that department so far it seems!

Yaari

It definitely seems the codes are more difficult to obtain now. I think my uncle may have lied about still having my Xbox 360, and they just don't want to tell me they broke it. I saw my nephew smacking the shit out of it when the drive did not load. They stopped responding to my request to borrow it for a few hours to export my codes.

KaYotiX

Banned
That should be it. You hold up the guitar to the speaker and the TV to calibrate each and it should do it automatically.

---

Anyway, I think I'm going to wait for more songs to be put into the game... I don't really like any of the on disc stuff and honestly it feels barebones right now.

You do realize there is a huge DLC catalog right?

For all the drummers out there, which fill have you stuck with?

I first hated dynamic, went static, then realized I would probably break streak more often during static, tried classic but lag was killing my groove and I have stuck with the dynamic one. It's worked pretty well with some songs, other songs I'm like really? You call that a fill!?

Kolma

For all the drummers out there, which fill have you stuck with?

I first hated dynamic, went static, then realized I would probably break streak more often during static, tried classic but lag was killing my groove and I have stuck with the dynamic one. It's worked pretty well with some songs, other songs I'm like really? You call that a fill!?

I stuck with static.
I enjoyed playing the proper song on Beatles and RB3 and I was terrible at creating my own fills.
I feel like dynamic breaks the groove too much and sometimes gives me awkward drumfills.

Would like it more if it didn't break my streak >:|

firehawk12

Subete no aware
you can still buy the rb1 key
No, I mean, I have all these songs (I exported every single music game possible ages ago - even every single Guitar Hero game back when Activision shut down the servers) They're just not available yet.

And let's face it, RB1 and 2 basically had the best songs from the franchise. So it's just a waiting game for them to update the store or whatever it is they need to do.

Southcott

Can't wait for the legacy Adapter to arrive, I don't miss the Rock Band instruments at all, strum bar on the RB guitars is insufferable

you can still buy the rb1 key

Wait, so you can flat out purchase the RB1 songs right now?

But for those of us that already had RB1 and exported it, we are currently waiting for HMX to patch in the ability to play those songs?

I seriously hate how confusing this is.

Can someone explain to me the following:

I owned RB1.

I exported it to RB2.

I export RB2 to RB3.

Somewhere in there I got ahold of the AC/DC pack and one of the Country packs. These were all active on my copy of RB3.

I bought and played RB Blitz on my 360.

All the above was on my 360.

Am I just waiting for HMX to activate all of this? I thought those guides in the OP were just for people who didn't own or ever export the previous titles.

Kolma

But for those of us that already had RB1 and exported it, we are currently waiting for HMX to patch in the ability to play those songs?

He said RB1 key
as in the export key.

There are no hoops to jump through to get it. just pop RB1 into 360 as use the export menu button to bring up the option to buy it.

FyreWulff

I seriously hate how confusing this is.

Can someone explain to me the following:

I owned RB1.

I exported it to RB2.

I export RB2 to RB3.

Somewhere in there I got ahold of the AC/DC pack and one of the Country packs. These were all active on my copy of RB3.

I bought and played RB Blitz on my 360.

All the above was on my 360.

Am I just waiting for HMX to activate all of this? I thought those guides in the OP were just for people who didn't own or ever export the previous titles.

you have to wait for the exports to go live on next gen yes

and you've been able to outright buy the RB1 key without owning the RB1 disc since the webstores for 360 and PS3 have been available. Harmonix has never requested it be hidden

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Can't wait for the legacy Adapter to arrive, I don't miss the Rock Band instruments at all, strum bar on the RB guitars is insufferable

It's mushy and I don't like it one bit, either. Or the bad, clicky frets. I'm really happy I can use my World Tour guitars still. Guitar Hero guitars forever.

you have to wait for the exports to go live on next gen yes

and you've been able to outright buy the RB1 key without owning the RB1 disc since the webstores for 360 and PS3 have been available. Harmonix has never requested it be hidden

But buying the key does nothing until HMX fixes the imports? Yes?

Do the character creation options expand as you play? Because my god, the selection of clothing listed as purchasable or locked is abysmal, total lack of mixing and matching accessories on arms, and face, a pretty fucking meager selection of hair and hats, no footwear. A step back in that department so far it seems!
As a dedicated RB1-3 player, this launch sounds like a total shitshow. Every department has taken a step back

ViciousDS

Banned
Is it me.....or are the drum sticks that they give you twice as long as all the other ones we got in past.....I swear I don't remember holding them so high on the stick to get a length I like

Kolma

Export Info and extra info (Thanks to FyreWulff):
A quick rundown of the current status of exports:
RB1: Still possible
RB2: Gotta try and get a code from EA support, recent success but it will most likely take multiple tries
RB3: Not exportable but maybe in the future
Blitz: Yes
Green Day: Expired*
Lego: Expired
Various Disc Track Packs: If you can get a hold of a code it should work.*
The Beatles: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......no...... :(

None of the exports are currently available for use in RB4 yet though. Should be shortly after launch according to HMX

*some people have claimed to be able to get these from EA support as well so if you wanna try go for it.

RIGHT IN THE TOPIC
I don't understand why everyone keeps bringing up exports.

Talonz

Seems The Offpsring pack is bugged for me. It errors out and I can't download it. ><

Hopefully the exports come soon because I need to play Freebird!!

Top Bottom