• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay, so what do I need to export RB1/2/3 into RB4?

I only need the RB3 disc? Do I need to hook up my PS3 as well?

Besides that...any input on the new drums? Do the new instruments connect using dongles?

I upgraded the firmware in my guitar yesterday and I've been recalibrating every couple of songs. I'm starting to suspect my guitar is faulty. On I Miss the Misery, I just randomly miss like every other note for a good 1-3 seconds, and then it starts working fine again. Anybody else having these issues? I'm hoping it's either me or calibration. I don't wanna wait a week to get another guitar.

I upgraded the firmware in my guitar yesterday and I've been recalibrating every couple of songs. I'm starting to suspect my guitar is faulty. On I Miss the Misery, I just randomly miss like every other note for a good 1-3 seconds, and then it starts working fine again. Anybody else having these issues? I'm hoping it's either me or calibration. I don't wanna wait a week to get another guitar.

Can I upgrade the firmware on the X1 guitar?

giphy.gif

MFW I mess up going from the chorus to the off-beats on the Bosstones song EVERY TIME. I'm sorry Izzy.

MrNelson

Banned
Okay, so what do I need to export RB1/2/3 into RB4?

I only need the RB3 disc? Do I need to hook up my PS3 as well?

Besides that...any input on the new drums? Do the new instruments connect using dongles?
For 1 and 2, they aren't available yet, so as far as we know they will just be downloads for those that purchased the export keys.

Rock Band 3 has not been announced for export, they said they are looking into it, but nothing else.

And the drums connect via Bluetooth on PS4, not sure about Xbox

Dazzyman

Seriously pissed off with the shortage of band in a box in the UK. I've had it delayed to November by two stores so I've had to resort to paying an extra 20 quid for getting it off Ebay.

evanmisha

This is my daily call to anyone with delisted DLC like the RHCP tracks, Tokio Hotel tracks, Don't Stop Believin', or the Silversun Pickups tracks-- are they showing up for you anywhere? Webstore? PS4 store? In-game?

This is my daily call to anyone with delisted DLC like the RHCP tracks, Tokio Hotel tracks, Don't Stop Believin', or the Silversun Pickups tracks-- are they showing up for you anywhere? Webstore? PS4 store? In-game?

Which RHCP tracks were delisted?

Like, I was able to redownload Californication (I think...) and Scar Tissue, but I couldn't redownload Give it Away on PS4.

I haven't made it far enough into my DLC list to find Don't Stop Believin' XD

TheExodu5

Banned
Uhh so I'm reading constant reports on Reddit that the new drums are terrible and don't register well at all. I guess I should use my legacy drums and GHWT guitar and call it a day.

MrNelson

Banned
I've got nothing on the webstore. Can't check anything else until I'm off work.

evanmisha

Which RHCP tracks were delisted?

Like, I was able to redownload Californication (I think...) and Scar Tissue, but I couldn't redownload Give it Away on PS4.

I haven't made it far enough into my DLC list to find Don't Stop Believin' XD

Under the Bridge and Suck My Kiss, among others.

I found the Silversun Tracks in the huge Add-Ons list in the PSN Store! Also by going to Library->Rock Band 4-> All Add-Ons. Tedious, but I found everything in my download list.

Right that's it.

Patch Mainstream Kid out of the fucking setlist. Fuck that stupid ass riff.

I've been able to five star pretty much every nightmare and below song and this is not happening.

bounchfx

Uhh so I'm reading constant reports on Reddit that the new drums are terrible and don't register well at all. I guess I should use my legacy drums and GHWT guitar and call it a day.

because no one is updating the firmware

update the firmware and they are great
it's fucking dumb though because most people aren't going to know to do that, I can't blame em either. who would expect broken shit out of the box? but at least its fixable in less than a minute

Can I upgrade the firmware on the X1 guitar?
No, but that's because there simply isn't one. "Not needed" is what it states on the site. Everyone should definitely update their drums though.

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/217/rock-band-4-wireless-controllers-firmware-updates

Also I recalibrated and I'm doing better. I failed to mention that the previous guitar I used was worn and the top buttons no longer worked. Had to use the smaller ones for like 2 years. Now that I got a new one it has been pretty hard to transition back to the bigger frets lol. So I guess it was a combination of settings and me needing to warm up.

cakely

Legacy adaptor showed up today, seems to work with my Fender Replica and RB2 guitar with no problem.

Just out of curiosity, what are XB1 owners getting for calibration? I have a super-low latency Bravia but my numbers are noticeably worse than what I was getting with RB3 on the Xbox 360.

evanmisha

Shoot, I forgot there was more than Twinkles. My bad. Yeah, guess they are delisted rn.

I was literally half way through the add-ons list already, had me trippin

EDIT: I should mention that there is some delisted DLC available to redownload in-game, like U Suck by Just Kait or whatever, but some that isn't in-game but is in the add-ons list, like Fake Friends, which I can download and play.

EDIT 2: Actually, I'm dumb. None of the delisted DLC I own is in the in-game store. But it's on the webstore and add-ons list and I can download and play it.

I haven't played one of these in forever, how do you activate the overdrive mode? Lifting up doesn't seem to be it. Game doesn't have a manual either.

Right that's it.

Patch Mainstream Kid out of the fucking setlist. Fuck that stupid ass riff.

I've been able to five star pretty much every nightmare and below song and this is not happening.
I saw your comment earlier this morning but I was in class. I just checked what song it was and...well yeah, that riff is stupid as all hell. Literally the only point last night when I actually wanted a practice mode. I cannot for the life of me even understand HOW I'm supposed to play it.

MrNelson

Banned
because no one is updating the firmware

update the firmware and they are great
it's fucking dumb though because most people aren't going to know to do that, I can't blame em either. who would expect broken shit out of the box? but at least its fixable in less than a minute
I saw that post too, and they mentioned they updated the firmware. I do see what they're talking about though, I had notes drop on rolls several times last night when I was playing.

Trevelyan

Banned
So I'm picking this up today, and excited to get back into RB with my wife. I read over the instrument updating section, however, it only mentions PC. Are those of us with only OSX shit out of luck as far as updating the instruments goes? Thanks in advance, guys.

Soapy Slick

Neo Member
Sorry for the dumb question, but I just bought a Blink 182 pack on the Rock Band store (PS4) and can't seem to find the songs anywhere. It says 'purchased' when I go back into the store, but comes up 'no content found' when I click on it.

I've never played Rock Band before, by the way.

bounchfx

I saw that post too, and they mentioned they updated the firmware. I do see what they're talking about though, I had notes drop on rolls several times last night when I was playing.

then that's shitty :\. I had note drops constantly until I updated, and now it's been really solid. I think I might have kick pedal issues but it also might be me, unsure yet

also, is High Road one of the broken songs? bought it yesterday, tried to rebuild song cache today, it gets to 92% downloaded and then the installation cancels. :(

edit: god dammit, I went to my dlc list on xbox one and saw all the songs it didnt download.. basically the 30 free ones. 25 were left. I queued them up. They're all Jane again when they finish downloading.

I saw your comment earlier this morning but I was in class. I just checked what song it was and...well yeah, that riff is stupid as all hell. Literally the only point last night when I actually wanted a practice mode. I cannot for the life of me even understand HOW I'm supposed to play it.

It's a nightmare. I was skimming the five stars when the song ended. I wanted to break my damn guitar.

Also, when is the DLC getting fixed on EU PS4. I want to play Aesthetics of Hate but all pack songs still cost money.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just bought a Blink 182 pack on the Rock Band store (PS4) and can't seem to find the songs anywhere. It says 'purchased' when I go back into the store, but comes up 'no content found' when I click on it.

I've never played Rock Band before, by the way.

That means the content hasn't yet been uploaded to the PS store internally yet. Uploading all the legacy DLC is a massive undertaking for both Harmonix and Sony and it will take a day or two for all the kinks to be ironed out. I did the same kinda thing as you yesterday with some country tracks. Super frustrating that you can't just have it now, for sure. But I understand how big the operation is and I can kinda give them a few days to get it all up to speed.

MrNelson

Banned
then that's shitty :. I had note drops constantly until I updated, and now it's been really solid. I think I might have kick pedal issues but it also might be me, unsure yet

also, is High Road one of the broken songs? bought it yesterday, tried to rebuild song cache today, it gets to 92% downloaded and then the installation cancels. :(
The kick pedal issue is real, and some people think it's not tied to the firmware.

Here's a fix someone came up with
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/3nt8sm/fixed_my_rb4_kick_temporary_fix/

Look I know we're excited for LRB and GDRB exports but how about unfucking your preorder incentives first?

My 30 songs are toast and I can't seem to delete them from the OS.

Lady Gaia

Has anyone gotten the Playstation Plus digital pre-order tracks? I have no idea how they're intended to be claimed. Using the web store for PSN I can see that The Reflex is "unavailable" for me. The explanation provided is:

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s): You have already purchased Rock Band 4 Pre-Order.

So that's encouraging but not entirely helpful. I was also pleasantly surprised to find a few of the RHCP Blood Sugar Sex Magic tracks in the store and bought three of the available tracks – but it seems they can't be downloaded. They definitely don't show up in-game.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying the RB4 experience. The campaign is silly fun, the audio quality is great, and the RB3 MIDI Pro Adapter with a Roland e-kit works beautifully. The atmosphere of live performance in a tiny club is remarkably crafted here. I'm really impressed with the impact of the lighting in this incarnation.

evanmisha

Has anyone gotten the Playstation Plus digital pre-order tracks? I have no idea how they're intended to be claimed. Using the web store for PSN I can see that The Reflex is "unavailable" for me. The explanation provided is:

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s): You have already purchased Rock Band 4 Pre-Order.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-RB4USPREORDERDLC

There you go

and thanks for reminding me about those 4 RHCP tracks. Yeah, they haven't even been marked as cross-gen yet, though the art has been updated

Soapy Slick

Neo Member
That means the content hasn't yet been uploaded to the PS store internally yet. Uploading all the legacy DLC is a massive undertaking for both Harmonix and Sony and it will take a day or two for all the kinks to be ironed out. I did the same kinda thing as you yesterday with some country tracks. Super frustrating that you can't just have it now, for sure. But I understand how big the operation is and I can kinda give them a few days to get it all up to speed.

That's cool. Thanks a lot for the reply.

evanmisha

So, what was the deal with Rock n Roll Star by Oasis, anyway? I heard something about it being an EU bonus track that was NA RB2 DLC but was incompatible with RB3 or something. It works with RB4 now and is awesome

Oh, and how's input lag on PS4? Drum fills always felt terrible on PS3 compared to 360 due to the innate input lag.

The audio lag is atrocious for PS4 through a/v receiver. First go at normal settings (what I watch/play every game on) had it around 130ms and it was a noticeable lag when hitting a pad before or after a song (even in old drum fills). Changed some settings around got it down to about 50ish, but theres no lower than that for me

Legacy adaptor showed up today, seems to work with my Fender Replica and RB2 guitar with no problem.

Just out of curiosity, what are XB1 owners getting for calibration? I have a super-low latency Bravia but my numbers are noticeably worse than what I was getting with RB3 on the Xbox 360.

Yeah, my calibration numbers are almost double that of what I had in RB3. Wonder if the legacy adapter adds a lot of latency.

cakely

Yeah, my calibration numbers are almost double that of what I had in RB3. Wonder if the legacy adapter adds a lot of latency.

Uh-oh. Well, maybe RB4 just normally reports higher numbers? I guess I would need a native controller to test to see if it's the adaptor.

BTM

Is there any truth to rockband 2 export codes issued by EA chat support no longer working since the launch of RB4? I got a code from them on the 4th but wasn't able to export it to RB3 until yesterday. When I did, it didn't work and now EA chat support is saying that none of them will.

DarkOneX

Is there any truth to rockband 2 export codes issued by EA chat support no longer working since the launch of RB4? I got a code from them on the 4th but wasn't able to export it to RB3 until yesterday. When I did, it didn't work and now EA chat support is saying that none of them will.

I hope not, just ordered RB3 new from Amazon to come Friday. EA after 3 chat attempts finally gave me a code but I'll have no idea if it works until I just try it, I'll be pissed if I wasted $25 for no reason. I will add that they did link me to a Harmonix help site and I did notice there was a Q/A on there that after 5 years the RB exports are now closed, but I don't know when they put that up there as they don't date them.

So just had a couple of hours with it.

That initial calibration was awful took me ages and I still had to go to the options to recalibrate to get it right.

Loved the option of picking my own band members.

Jumped right in on hard, took a song to get in to the swings but need practice. Been years since I played but still was managing 95-99% on the easy songs for guitar.

Although I hate U2... First song that appeared...

Top Bottom