• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoibie

So far I've been pleasantly surprised by the online community in this game, only ran into one person filling the chat box with abuse. I suppose the quick text keys help a lot in that regard.

Also got my first aerial goal today which I'm still beaming about. It doesn't nearly compare to the one posted above of course, but after many failed attempts I now have one to my name.

I swore to my wife today that I was going to give this game a rest, particularly ranked play, because I've been glued to the couch and an emotional roller coaster.

I may have slipped back in to see how far I fell in the rankings. Of course I joined a game just to feel it out. She wasn't looking, no biggy. The other team gets up 3 goals, and a teammate drops, the other one is picking his nose, and I was saying "see this is why you were done playing ranked...." Then I exploded for my best game ever...... 8 goals, 4 saves, 8 shots, 1730 points. We won 8-3 and I blew my cover with 3 straight minutes of jumping with joy at each goal. She was giving me the look and I was saying, "see that's why I play ranked".

Of course my skill rating only went up 10 points lol

Paskil

If anyone wants to add me, really enjoying this. Super addictive gameplay. Just one more. Just one more.

PS4-Sepherlawls

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I don't think I have ever missed so many easy set ups in my life today. I feel bad for my random teammates with how bad I have been sucking.

ghibli99

Surprisingly fun, since I generally hate sports and multiplayer titles. The simplicity (but nice depth) of it all definitely appeals to me.

been playing season mode with the wife

our team is 1-9

we're fucking awful and I just dont "get" the momentum or something

I wish I could like it more but I'm not grasping it

cool game though

I hope they find a way to get the item stats working online. I'd be interested in seeing how long I've played and driven. I'd really like to see those things implemented into the leaderboard as well, or not even the leaderboard, just a friends list with the info. Would just be a cool thing to see how long friends have played, their level, and their overall stats outside of the big ones already implemented.

sn00zer

So I Cant be the only one who thinks this game could have an incredible car combat mode right? Make the arena bigger, add some jumps/obstacles, some homing missiles, physics based kick back and skill based weapons.

sn00zer

For those of you who are loving this game and haven't been big soccer fans... Can you see why people dig soccer?

Considering the score in Rocket League can go to to 5-5 in 4min and players get to touch the ball more than once in a 5min period of time.... no.

Elixist

wanted to add another plus 1 to this thread cause it deserves it. cant wait to get into some late night games with my broseph *twiddles thumbs in anticipation*

Afrodium

Banned
I think it's crazy that this game has been one of the most watched games on Twitch for about the last five night. Barely anyone knew this game was coming out a few weeks ago. So happy for Psyonix.

Anybody else have an issue where the home menu keeps popping up in the middle of matches? My fingers are nowhere near the home button but I think it's something I'm doing because it always happens at a stressful moment when I'm pushing a few buttons, but I have no idea what specifically I'm doing to make it happen.

Awesome game! Just tons of fun.

Lots of people clearly not running through any of the tutorials I'm noticing in this thread. It is essential that you play the tutorials (at least the novice difficulty). Makes you learn a lot more of the games many advanced techniques.

LaneDS

Oh the things we were called tonight beating a pretty good 4s team tonight four times in a row, conceding zero games.

Salt quotient: through the roof

Mentok

Banned
You go higher the longer you hold.

......dafuque?!? Learned something new! I think I may have to remap my jump button then, so that I can rocket boost forward while getting my initial height. Anyone do this and found a layout that works?

TheFatMan

I literally played the entire life of my DS4 without stopping with three friends tonight. Now that the servers seem to be working properly, this game has become worth the time!

Release some DLC Psyonix so I can pay you some money!

tm24

Played with a friend today and we went up against this other team that was probably partied up too. We kept rematching for like 10 games. So many good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom