• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Played a couple of matches. Wanted to get rid of the bots so I quit. Back to server issues....
This game is definitely a GOTY contender. If the servers get fixed at some point.

Kei-

Anyone know why a private match won' start with 8 players in the party? It's trying to search for a private match, even with all the players in the party, then it fails. Anyone get a match going with a party full of friends?

SomTervo

The servers are really hampering it. Ive only had short periods to play on the last two days and both times servers have been down.

MrPanic

Got the game as well. Keyboard controls are not nearly as bad as I thought they would be, at least not after some serious remapping. What were they thinking putting the accelerate on the same key as forward roll or mapping actions to the mouse, lol.

Danielsan

Wow. Just ended up playing about 5 2v2 matches with the same team mate. We worked together extremely well and absolutely recked the other team. Ended up friending me on PSN. Hopefully we can team up again some time.

Ferrio

Banned
Some will tell you that free-form cam makes you a better player, but I say fuck all that and just play the ball cam unless you directly underneath the ball.

Starting to think people are full of crap when they say that. Even kronovi is mostly in ballcam.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Starting to think people are full of crap when they say that. Even kronovi is mostly in ballcam.
Yup yup. I tried an entire night playing free cam mostly; sure you get a bit more car control but the trade-off for me is definitely not worth it. Ball cam all the way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag..._league_central_pc_needs_love_3v3_tournament/ 3v3 PC tourney! For those of us who were feeling left out :) Would love to see plenty sign up for this so people know there's a huge PC community about.

Also was just playing with Kronovi and it turns out he reads every Gaf post. I didn't even know that. Hey, Steve
EWmof.gif

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

The only time I'll pull out of ballcam is when I'm trying to grab one of the full speed boost fills to make sure I don't miss it.

Moza

Not sure if its just the Oceania servers or not but I haven't had a single server problem since launch. Have never had to wait longer than 20 seconds for a match. Shame to hear people are having problems cause the game truly is amazing.

Ferrio

Banned
Yup yup. I tried an entire night playing free cam mostly; sure you get a bit more car control but the trade-off for me is definitely not worth it. Ball cam all the way.

But you don't get any more control, just the control is something you're more familiar with. That isn't better, that's just a crutch.

Once you know the fields you can pick up boosts without even looking at them.

valeo

What does he think of us?

He thinks you're a giant nerd. He told me.

I find if I'm staying back waiting for the ball to pop, I don't use ball cam as I have a good view of it already. If i'm underneath it, then ball cam is the way to go. Probably 50/50ish for me.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
This game is bot city.

Where are all the couple million downloaders and why are I getting matched with them?

PS4? Is your PS4 outside your firewall/in your network DMZ? Try restarting the application if you've just been putting the PS4 in rest with RL running as well. That helped me.

BShadowJ

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag..._league_central_pc_needs_love_3v3_tournament/ 3v3 PC tourney! For those of us who were feeling left out :) Would love to see plenty sign up for this so people know there's a huge PC community about.

Also was just playing with Kronovi and it turns out he reads every Gaf post. I didn't even know that. Hey, Steve
EWmof.gif

He recognized me, my life is complete wooo
Also if he gets an email to register with, he's instantly banned from every GAF tournament. XD :p

Wiggy

PS4? Is your PS4 outside your firewall/in your network DMZ? Try restarting the application if you've just been putting the PS4 in rest with RL running as well. That helped me.

Yeah PS4, and it's not and I have closed the app and reopened and still regularly get bots in my games. thanks though

Saps a lot of fun out of playing when you get bots, with or against you. I think i'd rather wait a little longer matchmaking then have to settle for bots.

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
Noticed in the giantbomb quicklook they had some sound effects coming through the controller. For some reason I'm not getting those (controller audio is full volume). Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom