• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejpfin

worst feeling is when you think you've finally lined up the perfect shot and suddenly one of your asshole teammates comes flying out of nowhere and blasts the ball to the sidewall.

To be fair, maybe that "asshole" teammate didn't see you and it was a pure accident.
It can be hard to see your teammates in that ball lock cam.

Sure there are trolls, but usually when that happens is just an accident.

Just saw this goals of the week thing and it looks like our OP is in there.

At number 1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk1CJYAkuXQ

I also saw that the academy was a featured channel, so I'm thinking he has a hand in it haha. Awesome goal that deserves to be number 1 regardless.

Awesome stuff. I hope they do tag team moves next:

I have this video uploaded where I am in front of the opponents net, but the ball is behind me: I backflip the ball to push at a good angle for my teammate, who easily get the running shot in.

Looked and felt really cool.

Also, looking at NHL 16... all I want is more arcadey fun.

I wish people will learn from Psyonix and take a stab at making a fun sports game.

I look at NHL, and it looks so bogged down by things... I used to play 2v2 in the old 2K games, and it was super fun, they even had so many fun party game modes.

I'd loveeee some kind of arcade hockey game done by devs like Psyonix.

Something third person, like Rocket League. I need more fun sports games!

Ferrio

Banned

Ya sometimes, but I still think a lot is on purpose. A lot of people are just focused on the ball and don't even consider why they're trying to hit it in the first place. Many many times I've had a shot lined up and a teammate from behind me will try to hit the ball in, or start smashing into me cause they wanna run it in instead.

There is one team, Goon Squad I believe, who has made it known that the sole purpose of their entering the gaf tounament was to crash into people and blow them up.

I had somebody trying to blow me up while I was in defence last night.

Pretty much every time I'd just drive forwards or backwards and they'd miss.

uh as far is I know the game displays the buttons depending on the controller used.

Assuming you are using DS4Windows to use your DS4 on PC, just close the program, have your ds4 plugged in and relaunch the game. Instant PS prompts

Ooops okay never mind I didn't say anything then, I use the oldscool SCP Driver for my DS4 which emulates a XBOX 360 pad so it makes sense I get the XBOX prompts. I would love to upgrade to one of the newer programs but so far nothing but SCP seems to handle DS3's and DS4's simultaneously.

I need the DS3 support as I often play local multiplayer with my PC and having just one DS4 I use my two DS3's for friends, seems that can't be helped then till I get a few more DS4's :p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Servers dead-ish? Had one quick 2v2 matchup, then the game couldn't find any players for the next match, and now matchmaking isn't doing anything.

TheDanimal

Awesome stuff. I hope they do tag team moves next:

I have this video uploaded where I am in front of the opponents net, but the ball is behind me: I backflip the ball to push at a good angle for my teammate, who easily get the running shot in.

Looked and felt really cool.

Also, looking at NHL 16... all I want is more arcadey fun.

I wish people will learn from Psyonix and take a stab at making a fun sports game.

I look at NHL, and it looks so bogged down by things... I used to play 2v2 in the old 2K games, and it was super fun, they even had so many fun party game modes.

I'd loveeee some kind of arcade hockey game done by devs like Psyonix.

Something third person, like Rocket League. I need more fun sports games!
Did it look something like this? http://gfycat.com/RewardingQueasyAnophelesmosquito I did this with my friend and it felt so good.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Unable to contact matchmaking server, yay!

I love how popular this game has become, but at the same time I kind of hope many of the more casual players drop it soon, because whatever server setup Psyonix are running clearly isn't equipped to handle this load. And I know it's not as simple as "add more servers". It took Driveclub about a year and a massive backend code rewrite to recover from a similar situation (where everything was fine below a certain player number but fell apart as some threshold was crossed), I hope we're not looking at something similar here.

Portugeezer

People need to stop playing so the servers can hold up :p

Getting into a match is random at the moment. Could wait 10 minutes, or not work, or 1 minute.

I had somebody trying to blow me up while I was in defence last night.

Pretty much every time I'd just drive forwards or backwards and they'd miss.
Lol. We played a team that was doing that the other day. It was pretty funny TBH and a lot of the time when I spawned by our net after blowing up I was perfectly set up to return the ball back.

Did it look something like this? http://gfycat.com/RewardingQueasyAnophelesmosquito I did this with my friend and it felt so good.

Ha somewhat!

vWOWMb.gif

moojito

My patience with the multiplayer is wearing thin. 10 minute wait to get in a game with 2 ai v 2 players and an ai. Not fun.

My patience with the multiplayer is wearing thin. 10 minute wait to get in a game with 2 ai v 2 players and an ai. Not fun.

Too many servers/not enough players? Or not enough players as a whole. I was playing on Steam last night when I thought it to be peak time and got the same situation.

Gameplay wise, I would love to see an additional camera lock on to teammates, so you can easily circle the ball and hit it straight on to "pass" it. to a team mate - or maybe even some kind of pass mechanic implemented.

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague 1m1 minute ago San Diego, CA

UPDATE, 12:55 PM PT: Matchmaking at about 50/50 success rate with extended times. Not an answer we like to give, but it's the latest.

Sucks, but I'm glad they have communicated so often and honestly with us.

Pepiope

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague 1m1 minute ago San Diego, CA

UPDATE, 12:55 PM PT: Matchmaking at about 50/50 success rate with extended times. Not an answer we like to give, but it's the latest.

Sucks, but I'm glad they have communicated so often and honestly with us.
It's better than Batman Arkham Knight.

Just saw this goals of the week thing and it looks like our OP is in there.

At number 1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk1CJYAkuXQ

I also saw that the academy was a featured channel, so I'm thinking he has a hand in it haha. Awesome goal that deserves to be number 1 regardless.

Woo :D I don't have a hand in it, nothing to do with Academy :)

Also I'm streaming some 2v2 Rocket League with my Team Rocket teammate Ryan if anyone wants to join me! http://www.twitch.tv/ecole93

John Dunbar

correct about everything
To be fair, maybe that "asshole" teammate didn't see you and it was a pure accident.
It can be hard to see your teammates in that ball lock cam.

my comment was actually directed at AI teammates. i have rushed into plenty of balls i shouldn't have so i have no problem when other people do it.

todahawk

Yes, any time we tried to get a 5th member in, it would give an error or simply say party was full.

Perhaps it was just bugging out that night... we'll try again when we have a large enough group.

Thanks for responses!

Yep, confirmed here too. We had 8 together last night for awhile.

EGOMON

Just saw on Twitter devs are asking for suggestions for more crossovers people are asking for LBP which is great I asked for Mad Max vehicle xD

Vire

Is there going to be a more permanent solution going forward? It seems like it'll work for a few hours, go down, come back up.

Frustrating to say the least.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well I've definitely improved a lot today.Just played a string of 3v3 matches with randomes and carried my team to victory every time. I know they're only newbs but just yesterday I was losing more matches than I was winning. There just came a point today where everything started clicking. I'm ready to play with Gaffers tomorrow if you guys will let me.

Just saw on Twitter devs are asking for suggestions for more crossovers people are asking for LBP which is great I asked for Mad Max vehicle xD

Mad Max Vehicle? Only if one comment changes into "Witness me" when you drive the vehicle.
Please Rocket League guys... Make it happen

RP912

Banned
Played some Rocket League earlier and had a blast. Despite the server issues, it's probably on the list of GOTY contenders for me.

AcridMeat

Banned
Can I have a Coma Doof Warrior hood ornament please?
mad-max-fury-road-coma-doof-warrior.png

Or a "skip song" for the menu? I really like the soundtrack a lot so I want to make sure I can hear all of it in menus. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom