• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Known Issues

Known Issues
Listed below are all currently-known issues in Rocket League | Last Updated: July 26, 2015

When playing on PC (Steam), my game crashes!
We are including multiple crash fixes for Steam users in patch v1.03

I sometimes encounter lag or “rubber-banding” when playing online. Help!
We are aware of this issue and are actively working on it. While we continue to optimize server performance, we recommend making sure that you are always playing on a server closest to your current location — that helps to mitigate latency problems. We will also be adding additional server regions in the near future.

The fan on my PS4 makes a lot of noise when I leave Rocket League on the main menu. Will this cause the system to overheat?
This is a multi-part answer: First, we are making optimizations in the v1.03 patch (and future patches) that should improve our Main Menu rendering. In theory, that should lower how quickly the fan activates when staying on the Main Menu for too long. Secondly, our community has found a very useful workaround to avoid the noise — simply use the Right Analog Stick and move the camera above the Battle-Car and it immediately lowers the load. Finally, ANY piece of computer hardware has the potential to overheat based on a number of circumstances beyond the game’s influence or control. Ventilation, system age, consecutive hours played, previous wear and tear, faulty equipment, or any other number of possible scenarios (or combination of scenarios) can lead to physical issues with the system. If you suspect that your hardware might have performance or reliability issues, the appropriate measure is to contact Sony support.

I am connected online, but the News Ticker still reads, “You are offline, please connect to the Internet to get updated news!”
This is a combination bug/ behind-the-scenes decision. When Rocket League launched, our database was so strained that we switched off the Ticker to lighten the load. Though we are now equipped to handle the database load, the News Ticker’s feed is supplied by an old CDN that we are no longer using, which gives the “Offline” message. This will be fixed in our next patch, v1.03.

The “Far, Far Away…” PlayStation 4 Trophy should have been unlocked by now…
There is currently a tracking bug with “distance traveled” in Online games. Playing offline games against AI opponents, however, DOES properly count towards your 500 km requirement. Our upcoming patch, v1.03, will address this issue and both offline and online games will track properly following the update.

The “Virtuoso” Steam Achievement won’t unlock even though I have met the requirements
This is a confirmed bug that will be corrected in our upcoming patch, v1.03.

My controller has issues/ doesn’t work when playing on PC (Steam)
We will continue to make additions and optimizations to support as many controllers for the PC version as we can. Please bear with us.

When playing online, my opponent will sometimes drive an invisible car!
Our next patch, version 1.03, will reduce the number of instances in which this occurs. We will continue to work on this issue in future patches.

Unicorn

I sometimes get faux burn-in or lighting artifacting on the main menu (glow of headlights and antenna stay in the same position as I rotate the camera.) it rarely happens during a game, but it's happened a few times, if only for a moment before a round begins.

Anyone else have this happen?

Oh, and the propeller hat doesn't spin. I want my money back!

I sometimes get faux burn-in or lighting artifacting on the main menu (glow of headlights and antenna stay in the same position as I rotate the camera.) it rarely happens during a game, but it's happened a few times, if only for a moment before a round begins.

Anyone else have this happen?

Oh, and the propeller hat doesn't spin. I want my money back!

Yep. It happened to me when I disabled bloom. Would often last the entire match unless I toggled bloom.

16BitNova

This game is amazing, man such fun and so many people playing online, were like 140k on Ps4 last night or something damn

Well it's also Cross play with PC, which helps the numbers! Great for the community overall! Only thing left to do is make it so that PC friends can party up with PS4 friends and vice versa.

Unicorn

4 million downloads. 400k are Steam. 10x as many ps4 players as PC. 10% of downloads were actual purchases. PS+ promotion definitely helped with awareness, but hopefully the devs got a somewhat decent deal, or Sony sweetens the pot. Huge success, fan-wise either way.

The way this game handles my DS4 on my PC is pretty interesting. I'm using DS4Windows, however it is recognizing the DS4 as a DS4 and it gives me proper PS button prompts and it doesn't have the typical double input issues other games do when the both support Xinput and directinput. I wish every new game would do that.

ArchAngel

The way this game handles my DS4 on my PC is pretty interesting. I'm using DS4Windows, however it is recognizing the DS4 as a DS4 and it gives me proper PS button prompts and it doesn't have the typical double input issues other games do when the both support Xinput and directinput. I wish every new game would do that.

RL supports the cabled DS4 natively. You only need DS4Windows for wireless gaming. Loving it while charging :)

Anyone from EU looking to team up? I've only been playing for a few days, but the fun quickly turned to frustration when i started to play more online and teammates are quitting a minute into the match more often than not, leaving me to fend for myself.

My PSN ID is: everlong416

Shadybiz

Had some awesome games with 2 friends last night. Beat one team once, and they called us hackers. Beat them again..and got called hackers again. ..We're all on PS4. We're not even that good; they were just less good than us. Have hacks for this game even be found yet? I dunno..never cared about that stuff.

Had some awesome games with 2 friends last night. Beat one team once, and they called us hackers. Beat them again..and got called hackers again. ..We're all on PS4. We're not even that good; they were just less good than us. Have hacks for this game even be found yet? I dunno..never cared about that stuff.
Either they were just trolling or maybe they were experiencing weird lag? No cheats/glitches as far as i know.

I'm really pleased that this game works with cross play. Nothing more depressing than jumping into a MP game only to find it doesn't have a stable playerbase.

Shadybiz

Either they were just trolling or maybe they were experiencing weird lag? No cheats/glitches as far as i know.

Ah okay. Yeah that makes sense; it's not like we slaughtered them..just beat them by 2 or 3 goals each time. Lag could indeed be the culprit. I've been on the wrong end of it a couple of times.

The Cowboy

You know, I'm beginning to think there aren't as many quitters as i thought - a lot of them are very likely just the servers dropping players.

During my last 5 games every single one of them i was having a great time, no lag showing up for me and scoring all over the place (5 - 4 match with me scoring 4 of them for example), and on each match the connection icon popped up randomly during it and dropped me from the game with a timeout message.

I'm certain it looked like i just quit the games to the other players, this is not good at all.

You know, I'm beginning to think there aren't as many quitters as i thought - a lot of them are very likely just the servers dropping players.

During my last 5 games every single one of them i was having a great time, no lag showing up for me and scoring all over the place (5 - 4 match with me scoring 4 of them for example), and on each match the connection icon popped up randomly during it and dropped me from the game with a timeout message.

I'm certain it looked like i just quit the games to the other players, this is not good at all.
I've seen people leave at random times. And have seen people AFK and then leave. Could be connection problems, so I don't mind it. But it's annoying when people leave right after their team gets scored on and they're losing. I think we can assume the vast majority of those people are quitting.

Unless it's an emergency or your whole team has already quit on you, there's no excuse to quit like that. Even in the latter case, it's admirable to stay on and take your lumps. I've been on both sides. When you're 1v3, it can be a fun challenge though a bit demoralizing. I've never quit and don't plan to unless it's an emergency. Can always use it as practice time.

The only time it was truly tempting was the one really laggy match I've had, but we all stuck with it. Hope the servers are fixed soon so we don't have deal with lag and disconnects as often!

Skyzard

Banned
Why doesn't the propeller hat spin?!

That bummed me out.

Hope they don't fix that glitch in the freeplay mode where you can escape the field and look around outside.

People leave like crazy now, I think people are making the most of it while unpunished.

ima stream some ranked play for a bit, sonicjosh86 on psn if anyone wants to team up for doubles or anything at all. probably gonna play a few 1v1s till i get frustrated then 3 on 3 lol

Quirah

How the hell they still can't find a good partner for server side? There is huge commercial success. Game passed 4m+ downloads and servers are still laggy, most of the games are unplayable. How? We're already getting DLC news but there is nothing positive for servers.

Hasney

The lag is ruining this game for me. Every single match at this point is just unplayable.

Europe servers are broke. Go to another region.

How the hell they still can't find a good partner for server side? There is huge commercial success. Game passed 4m+ downloads and servers are still laggy, most of the games are unplayable. How? We're already getting DLC news but there is nothing positive for servers.

They've said before it's code more than infrastructure. I think who they're with has something funny going on in Europe though.

plc268

Didn't realize until today that the white circle on the ground which indicates the ball's position when airborne has a second circle inside of it which expands and contracts in relation to the ball's height. It's pretty helpful for timing hits on high lobs!

Or just use Ball Cam.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Completely agree that going after the goalie is a legit strategy, though having someone do nothing but that is not a good one.

However, that does change when it becomes 1v2 or 1v3, it is in very poor taste to do it in those situations, you're really just being an arse at that point

This is what I like to do when I'm on offense. I often play goalie on my own team, and avoid getting demolished pretty well. So I have little sympathy when others get blown up or pushed out.

And it makes for fun videos:

https://youtu.be/4mmIWbI4eTo

Rage quitters in this game are nuts. Every fucking match.

It's a 5 minute match. There's less than 60 seconds left. Just take the L instead of running away.

Only way to get good is to learn from your mistakes.

Rage quitters in this game are nuts. Every fucking match.

It's a 5 minute match. There's less than 60 seconds left. Just take the L instead of running away.

Only way to get good is to learn from your mistakes.

yeah thats why i'm digging 1v1 a little bit until they make quitters in ranked more fair, as it is it really sucks when someone bails. 2v2 is safe with a friend

yeah thats why i'm digging 1v1 a little bit until they make quitters in ranked more fair, as it is it really sucks when someone bails. 2v2 is safe with a friend

2v2 is what I was playing. Me and a pal teamed up. It's the quitters on the other team. One will go and then the other immediately thereafter. It's to the point where it happens every second match like clockwork. I just got off of playing about 10 rounds and 6 ended early from quits. When people ask for rematches and then quit out in the middle of the second game, it's even MORE confusing.

And people get indignant as hell when you call them out on it too.

A shame. I am super glad for the game's success, but with it brings the shittiest people out there.

Unicorn

2v2 is what I was playing. Me and a pal teamed up. It's the quitters on the other team. One will go and then the other immediately thereafter. It's to the point where it happens every second match like clockwork. I just got off of playing about 10 rounds and 6 ended early from quits. When people ask for rematches and then quit out in the middle of the second game, it's even MORE confusing.

And people get indignant as hell when you call them out on it too.

A shame. I am super glad for the game's success, but with it brings the shittiest people out there.
This game is a sign of the times. Twitch and stream and ESL culture has made it a success but with it is the fact that the reason viewers are so high is the fact that players can't hang. These fools should probably just remain headcounts for camgears's streams if they don't want to learn and improve - as players in the past would probably have.

I leave matches early too sometimes. I do it when friends are waiting for me or if there's headache-inducing lag. Fuck that.

There are legitimate reasons, for sure. If your ping is awful and people are teleporting, sure. If it's 4-1 with 75 seconds left, just play it out. Hell, I had a guy quit out after ONE GOAL. It's a new record.

The honeymoon period for this game was very short.

Hope the patch comes soon and addresses the common sense flaws.

Seconded. I really like this game a lot, but I agree that with some tweaks and fixes I could be playing it for quite some time. There's a bunch of shit that, right now, dulls the shine on the thing.

This game is a sign of the times. Twitch and stream and ESL culture has made it a success but with it is the fact that the reason viewers are so high is the fact that players can't hang. These fools should probably just remain headcounts for camgears's streams if they don't want to learn and improve - as players in the past would probably have.

This is very well put. It's pretty much exactly that. Both a blessing and a curse. A shame that it's gotten to the point of ruining my experience a bit. I hope to have better luck when the scrubs drop off the face of the planet in a few weeks.

Ardenyal

There are legitimate reasons, for sure. If your ping is awful and people are teleporting, sure. If it's 4-1 with 75 seconds left, just play it out. Hell, I had a guy quit out after ONE GOAL. It's a new record.

Bad team mates are a legitimate reason. If you're teamed with someone bad in 2v2 you already know you're not going to lose more than one or two points and hard carrying someone so a bad player can have an inflated rank rating is a waste of time.

You get good practice for your ball hogging skills though!

I still need to master directional flipping. Countless times I have my car going one way, camera the other, and I flip (usually the side one) and I end up doing the wrong command, missing the ball.

My backwards driving is getting better though. I think I'm still not sure if it's car relative or camera relative.

I still need to master directional flipping. Countless times I have my car going one way, camera the other, and I flip (usually the side one) and I end up doing the wrong command, missing the ball.

My backwards driving is getting better though. I think I'm still not sure if it's car relative or camera relative.

imo backwards driving is the biggest thing separating good players from great players. aerial shots are of a similar importance, but being able to flip the right direction even when going backwards will allow you to always be hitting the ball toward the other side of the court; they are the biggest diff when i play games against guys that are scrappy and hard to score against vs people who are just able to put up goals but can't make their car do a useful maneuver from anywhere like backwards and flip masters can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom