• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

It's for Ranked which is for people to play competitively. If "people decide to do something else" because the other team just scored, that's called being a poor sport.
I never played CS:GO competitively because I know I suck. Can you back out of those matches? It sucks getting stuck playing 3v1 because teammates don't think they can come back down 2-0.

I never played CS:GO competitively because I know I suck. Can you back out of those matches? It sucks getting stuck playing 3v1 because teammates don't think they can come back down 2-0.

Not without a ban that get's longer each time you do it. And CSGO matches go for 30min plus most of time.

Penalties for quitting in a video game is such a dumb idea. The concept sounds great, but people play games to have fun, not to always engage in super competitive matches. If people decide to do something else then don't penalize them.

Plus, the only thing that this will do is cause even more idlers.

i think the thing that strikes me most is how easy it is to quit in the first place. Maybe disable the quit option in ranked, and less people will. If people would rather idle than just play, well, 'that' can be the natural penalty.

I do think penalising quitters but leaving alone players looking to actively score own goals, go in circles or just be a dick is wrong.

Ardenyal

Instead of penalising quitters Psyonix should make quitting post a "gg" message as a person leaves.

Calling gg is accepted but in Rocket League it's "rage quitting".

wowzors

Just climbed to 540 with my doubles partner. Lost to alot of shitty people and won against a lot of people we shouldn't have. Guess it evens out hah

Bollocks

What skill number do you need to enter the gold!? league?
we just entered silver and for some reason those games are much more enjoyable.

I still want to know how they can penalize this without encouraging people to stick around but not play.

It's just as easy for the quitter to put the controller down and go get a drink as it is to quit.

In ranked play it serves the same purpose. In unranked it's even worse than quitting.

And I'm not sure this is something they can detect or penalize. I'm afraid they might just be making a bad situation worse. Especially as I've already seen the "but I don't quit!" people doing this.

bargeparty

Just started playing this (ps4) and it is damn fun. So exciting when you score. Those AI players are hardcore though, they should dumb them down a bit.

DBT85

I still want to know how they can penalize this without encouraging people to stick around but not play.

It's just as easy for the quitter to put the controller down and go get a drink as it is to quit.

In ranked play it serves the same purpose. In unranked it's even worse than quitting.

And I'm not sure this is something they can detect or penalize. I'm afraid they might just be making a bad situation worse. Especially as I've already seen the "but I don't quit!" people doing this.

Well, if your car doesn't move you get booted anyway. So that's those.

And if you're just going to drive in circles I don't see why you'd not then bother trying to play.

The issue is that people quit when they are losing, then go into another game an do the same thing. The penalty will hopefully be something that prohibits them from doing it too often, likely by having a timer so that they can't play ranked again within a certain time if they've been kicked due to being stationary, or if they've pressed the quit button more than say, 2 times in 20 minutes.

I refuse to believe that they can't see the stats on people who quit and people who get disconnected. Or that if they can't see it now, they can't add in the ability to track it.

Ardenyal

Well, if your car doesn't move you get booted anyway. So that's those.

And if you're just going to drive in circles I don't see why you'd not then bother trying to play.

Rubber band on controller and go get a drink or something.

Timing people out for quitting only creates new problems.

You get booted if you stay idle. And if the player is just going to move in a circle to avoid that, don't you think they'd just play the game in that case?

Maybe a more ideal solution would be to match quitters with quitters. Probably way too complicated to implement, and maybe it would ruin matchmaking. I dont know

Selecting quit from the start menu should be all they need to look at. And then prevent people from jumping back into match making for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and then an hour if it's done repeatedly. If someone wants to idle, give them the same penalty if no game inputs are pressed for 20 seconds or something. If someone idles for a set period in a match, kick 'em out at the *end* of it, and give them the same matchmaking penalty.

I imagine if people are forced to stick around for 2 minutes and lose, rather than be stuck at the main menu for 5, they might actually stop crying for a moment and pick the controller up.

Granted, policing the dregs of the internet is an impossible task. But at the very least, you can improve it slightly for those of us who aren't assholes. *shrug*

I hope they don't add a penalty to quitting in 1v1.

Erm, why not? All you're doing at that point is forcing the other guy to go through the matchmaking process again.

Selecting quit from the start menu should be all they need to look at. And then prevent people from jumping back into match making for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and then an hour if it's done repeatedly. If someone wants to idle, give them the same penalty if no game inputs are pressed for 20 seconds or something. If someone idles for a set period in a match, kick 'em out at the *end* of it, and give them the same matchmaking penalty.

I imagine if people are forced to stick around for 2 minutes and lose, rather than be stuck at the main menu for 5, they might actually stop crying for a moment and pick the controller up.

Granted, policing the dregs of the internet is an impossible task. But at the very least, you can improve it slightly for those of us who aren't assholes. *shrug*

Erm, why not? All you're doing at that point is forcing the other guy to go through the matchmaking process again.

agreed i dont like playing 3v3 solo bc the game can get ruined so quickly

Rubber band on controller and go get a drink or something.

Timing people out for quitting only creates new problems.

There is no way to completely remove trolling from things like this. This is more of a "don't let perfect be the enemy of good" situation. Control for the easiest, shittiest behaviour to control for, and take it from there.

It only hurts yourself and helps the other person. It's not like you're letting a team down.

Some of my favorite moments with this game so far is smoking people so hard in the first 2 minutes that they ragequit. I don't want that discouraged. I care about ragequits in any other mode, but for 1v1s? Personally, no.

Booooo.

Quitting in 1v1 is just as bad and I have little tolerance for it. I don't care how badly you're getting beat. Turn the game around or suck it up and try to understand why you're getting beat so bad. Take your loss like a man.

I like how you automatically make the assumption that i'm the one who loves to ragequit in 1v1. For understandable reasons of course.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It only hurts yourself and helps the other person. It's not like you're letting a team down.

Some of my favorite moments with this game so far is smoking people so hard in the first 2 minutes that they ragequit. I don't want that discouraged.
Games being over like that just piss me off. Especially when it aint even that bad. Like, you're gonna quit after just 2 or 3 goals? You cant come back from that? Really?

Some of my favorite moments with this game so far is smoking people so hard in the first 2 minutes that they ragequit. I don't want that discouraged.

Can't say I agree, but different strokes I guess. I'd rather squish a dude 12-0 in 5 minutes than 4-0 in 1.5.

I'm more annoyed by having to spend more downtime searching, personally.

Can't say I agree, but different strokes I guess. I'd rather squish a dude 12-0 in 5 minutes than 4-0 in 1.5.

I'm more annoyed by having to spend more downtime searching, personally.

I find playing a match (1v1s in particular) where i'm blowing the person out the whole 5 minutes to be boring and unexciting since they usually seem to barely know how to play. I almost dread it when they don't just quit (most of the time they do though)

On the reverse side, I do enjoy trying to take a match from behind.

Chabbles

My DS4's right trigger just broke playing this for hours... first it started sticking, then became non responsive.. DAMMIT!..... no more rocket league till i buy new DS4 tomorrow

Multiple people now have said "If they have to drive in circles, wouldn't they keep playing?" or something similar.

I point out again that I'm not posting a theoretical. I have seen multiple people now who drive for a fraction of a second every 30 seconds or so, and do nothing else.

I have no idea whatsoever why they are doing what they are doing, although one of them actually said "I'm not a quitter" in chat. Yeah, because what you are doing is so much better than quitting.

Multiple people now have said "If they have to drive in circles, wouldn't they keep playing?" or something similar.

I point out again that I'm not posting a theoretical. I have seen multiple people now who drive for a fraction of a second every 30 seconds or so, and do nothing else.

I have no idea whatsoever why they are doing what they are doing, although one of them actually said "I'm not a quitter" in chat. Yeah, because what you are doing is so much better than quitting.

They can't exactly stop all shitty behavior but a shit ton more people would just play on rather than drive around in circles if there is a penalty.

I probably had my best online match today. I scored three goals, two of them in the first minute. You would think that would be enough for a win, but no. One player on the other team scored six goals. He just couldn't be stopped. Even when someone was in the goal to try and stop him. We lost 6-4.

They can't exactly stop all shitty behavior but a shit ton more people would just play on rather than drive around in circles if there is a penalty.

Yeah, because the people quitting right now are real "Don't give up folks", right?

Do you seriously believe online games aren't plagued with people going through the motions because it's easier than trying on a "Lost Cause"?

If so you are far more optimistic than I am.

And what's worse, in unranked this is worse than quitters. I'd rather have a bot than a guy going through the motions.

Yeah, because the people quitting right now are real "Don't give up folks", right?

Do you seriously believe online games aren't plagued with people going through the motions because it's easier than trying on a "Lost Cause"?

If so you are far more optimistic than I am.

And what's worse, in unranked this is worse than quitters. I'd rather have a bot than a guy going through the motions.

I don't think they will be punishing anyone in unranked matches. They either have a choice of penalizing people who quit ranked matches or not. It's obvious not penalizing isn't working,

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I got matched with two randoms yesterday for one game. Turns out, we had seriously good chemistry and we played together as a team for a couple of games in a row and dominated other Semi-Pro :O I saved a few replays so I can look up their user names later to add on Steam. However, the replay names is kind of different from their actual user name so I cannot find them. Very odd :(

Sinistral

It's happening to me more recently, just now actually and I stopped playing Ranked because of it, is because of dropped players. I might have done it to others as the game will outright crash upon loading into the new round often. Waiting for the next patch, probably the one after it as well before I jump back in.

Got an aerial today where I flew across 3/4 map to nail the rebound! It was pretty much my greatest goal to date... I'll upload it some day but damn I felt like a boss!

ESL Kick Off Cup #3 Videos are live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snttFovW2Co&index=1&list=PLdsEH-yuWN8Z8DpanaGu8qYe7ZkI2LkkJ

Party chat is a lot more insane than last time! Also featuring #CoachCole #ColeLifeTips and more testicle jokes than grown men should be using!

Just when I was about to go to bed, I see this
LLShC.gif

If anyone on here is on Reddit, my channel is a finalist to become the RL subreddit YouTube channel of the month (OMG!). A vote for us would be VERY much appreciated <3

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag...here_subparbutinhd_vs_rocketleaguecinema_for/

Unicorn

Seems like almost no one's done the tutorials because I can consistently get first touch just by doing the doublejump boost
I've begun to believe that first touch is a curse. I hit it, then the next hit rebounds it to my side of the field. Either that or it just shoots straight up.

Zoibie

That was an incredibly entertaining 45 minutes I just had playing against a team who were constantly trash talking and spamming chat with abuse. They left when we beat them for the fourth time in a row. God, this game can be satisfying!

About to play for an hour or two. My PSN ID is Optimus_Prime if anyone wants to play ranked doubles or unranked standard. I'm up to 500 on standard and am now working on doubles.

I haven't tried it yet, but we can create a party of two to play ranked doubles, right? I think I heard they're adding ranked team 3v3 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom