• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Had a a few poker games round mine tonight with family, after which we all started playing this game. Crazy how fun and addictive it is. Had everyone involved, though I wouldn't say it's easy straight off the bat. I really need to start getting in to it properly.

T-Rex.

Banned
Does the distance travelled trophy still unlock around 50-90km or do you need to do the full 300km (or whatever it is) now?

ErichWK

UKFnemc.png

Was playing ranked 1v1. Got matched with a guy, I scored two. I always skip my goals to keep things moving, and did so this game. Then this guy scored two and skipped neither of them. I asked "Hey man, it would be cool if you skipped your goals so we could keep things moving." I fully expected him not to, because that's how it usually goes. He scores another goal and says, "Sick of watching me shit on you?"

I just replay with a quick "nah." I then proceed to score 4 more goals and destroy him in the remaining few minutes. At the end of the game I post "gg" and he replies back really quick, "fuck you bitch you suck" then leaves. Goddamn I love it when shit like this happens!

My first ever gifworthy goal!
I jumped out of my chair when this happened. I love this game.

Sick goal dude!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Is there a spectator cam for this game? If not it seems an obvious thing to add in at some point. I've watched lots of video but I'm always seeing it from the players perspective. I'd love to be able to watch it from a little further back with the camera just keeping up with the action rather than following the car.

Soulflarz

Banned
So have we compiled a "basic tips" section? Like for the modes and general play strats? Cause I still see people turning ball cam off at just terrible times or having it on right and miss a boost because they didn't turn it off for a second.

Also- anyone have some 1v1 tips for higher level?

Is there a spectator cam for this game? If not it seems an obvious thing to add in at some point. I've watched lots of video but I'm always seeing it from the players perspective. I'd love to be able to watch it from a little further back with the camera just keeping up with the action rather than following the car.

Next update, don't worry :)

GavinGT

Banned
How does the ranking system work? My friend and I were playing splitscreen and the ranking number seemed to go up and down independently of whether we won or lost our last game. Sometimes a victory made it go down, and a loss made it go up.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Did the community step up their sarcastic chatter game in my absence? Lol

Well, don't mean to plug my own video, but here's a hilarious match I had with complete randoms online. You can even scroll to the match before this one which is also with the same group. They are extremely hilarious with the quick chat feature and I love it. You can even mute the video because you'll just hear me giggle the whole time playing those couple of matches with this same group of people, haha.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As a PC player, I feel that, of the few times I've seen people actually type in chat, said people are dicks.

As an aside, I don't think I've heard anyone use voice chat at all, despite it being readily available and turned on by default.

There's absolutely zero public voice chat on PS4 either. Either people party chat, or they don't at all. And that includes me. I'm not gonna sit there talking to myself like an idiot. :) (Well, I might, but then I do it in private so only my cats can hear.)

AcridMeat

Banned
How does the ranking system work? My friend and I were playing splitscreen and the ranking number seemed to go up and down independently of whether we won or lost our last game. Sometimes a victory made it go down, and a loss made it go up.
Ranking doesn't update immediately. Way to check is to go to the ranked leaderboards, look at the account name at the bottom under whichever hopper and it'll have the actual current ranking.

M.W.

He really isn't, and if there's hate from other streamers they're crazy. There'd be no one to stream to if it wasn't for him.

Oh, I'm with you man. I've just heard crazy stupid ramblings about him lately...

"He never loses 2v2 or 3v3 because he doesn't play with anyone that isn't fucking great at the game"

"If he does, he loses"

It's stupid troll shit, but it's funny. They jealous.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I can't deal with how fun this game is, I feel like I've been missing out over the past month now. Aerial stuff is super fun. Albeit almost impossible for me now on my second day.

As a PC player, I feel that, of the few times I've seen people actually type in chat, said people are dicks.

As an aside, I don't think I've heard anyone use voice chat at all, despite it being readily available and turned on by default.
People would be more inclined to use voice chat if it wasn't global by default. I know I would if the enemy team couldn't hear attempts at teamwork. Baffling decision.

It's fine for private matches though, or if you could toggle said option there.

T-Rex.

Banned
I got it the day before yesterday after travelling 61km on one set of wheels. You're good to go!
I think I have around 65km on my current tires and it hasn't unlocked but it looks like it's completely random. I'm not too fussed anyway because I can't put the game down so it won't be too long before it unlocks. Thanks :p

Haunted

Dispatch

I'm hooked on this game, completely. My major issue is I've tried to pull off aerials consistently, but I see that is costs the team so much when anyone, including me, misses.

I care too much about wins and losses to really extend myself too much.

Hoodbury

I'm hooked on this game, completely. My major issue is I've tried to pull off aerials consistently, but I see that is costs the team so much when anyone, including me, misses.

I care too much about wins and losses to really extend myself too much.

Wins and losses is always the most important stat to me in every competitive game I play, except for this one for some reason. In this one, the chance to do some epic/crazy move to score a goal or make a save is always going to happen.

GeeTeeCee

I will never understand the mentality of people who rage quit when the opposing team scores first in a casual match. It happened within the first twenty seconds today, and guess what? We still brought it back to win the match. The idea of people jumping from server to server until they find a winning game they can latch onto when the result doesn't matter is hilarious. If you don't want to pitch in, you probably don't deserve the win anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom