• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. I'm sorry guys, so much of that was my fault. Fanning shots, missing aerials, my old man reflexes were showing tonight. Ugh, I played like crap.
I'm going to have nightmares now.

You haven't seen anything until you've seen the awful, no good, very bad, all time historically terrible few hours I was a part of 2 nights ago with 2 people whose identity I won't reveal here out of respect. It was a legendary streak of bad luck.

Rocket League is a cruel mistress.

Gruso

There is apparently now a way to exploit your way into a private match that is not full.

NA ESL finals were having to fill up a party with other people to prevent it from happening.
This game is screaming for a LAN option. I'm looking to arrange a small event for some special needs gamers, and Rocket League is perfect... but internet based servers may rule it out.

Bollocks

So I fired up league mode and playing all bots just suck.
Have to do work on both ends on the floor cause they can't get anything done and they constantly bump into me. Worse they score own goals.

The shit you put up for the platinum

MUnited83

For you.
ubg42xJ.gif

MMD_428908_gif_increible_lo_de_matias_cano_en_la_primera_b_argetina.gif

cPIWd.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
Nice. Had something similar but like always i totally forgot the 15min record feature of the PS4 -_-

Mine actually crapped out and only saved like 10 seconds of video, with none of this save on it.
Good thing there's save replay and I saved it to check it from another angle, otherwise I would have lost it.

That moment, when you're in goal and the ball is heading your way and you accidentally press boost instead of jump and miss the ball completely.

Nice Save!
Nice Save!

Drewfonse

That moment, when you're in goal and the ball is heading your way and you accidentally press boost instead of jump and miss the ball completely.

Nice Save!
Nice Save!

When I first started playing, it took me a few games to realize that I was being mocked incessantly. I just thought that people were hitting the wrong messages. When I finally understood the scope of my shame, it was....humbling.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Just got this. Man am I pleasantly surprised how fun it is. Feels great, and looks great too. Can't wait to be flying around bouncing balls off the ceiling in to goals.

Snaku

Banned
Got my first Platinum! Never expected a sports game would be my goty, especially in a year that a new Metal Gear is being released. I just don't see how anything can top this.

GeeTeeCee

I think I was, since I could still see people in matchmaking. Regardless, it's fine for me, so no worries! :)

Weirdly enough I just selected a random Rocket League streamer to watch on the Live From Playstation app, and lo and behold, there's BShadowJ on the opposing team.

Spoilers:
you won

If you're chasing me when I hit it into the middle, you did nothing. If you were in the middle to have an easy hit in, yay, then I don't have to attempt to take a shot with someone in goal.

The real problem is in a random match I don't know that I can even trust you to do that. Too many times I go to the middle just to watch a teammate totally whiff on the center attempt (usually followed by a breakaway the other direction that results in a free score).

You haven't seen anything until you've seen the awful, no good, very bad, all time historically terrible few hours I was a part of 2 nights ago with 2 people whose identity I won't reveal here out of respect. It was a legendary streak of bad luck.

Rocket League is a cruel mistress.
Lol. Its a shot to the confidence for sure. Its redemption time tonight if you're down.

Miker

As a PC player, I feel that, of the few times I've seen people actually type in chat, said people are dicks.

As an aside, I don't think I've heard anyone use voice chat at all, despite it being readily available and turned on by default.

Nabs

As a PC player, I feel that, of the few times I've seen people actually type in chat, said people are dicks.

As an aside, I don't think I've heard anyone use voice chat at all, despite it being readily available and turned on by default.

I hear people using voice chat from time to time. I don't even know what button triggers it, so I don't even bother. Plus, I kind of hate using Steam voice chat for anything.

And when I see people type in chat, it's usually to say that they fucked up and that they're sorry. I haven't actually seen anyone be a straight up dick in chat yet. I also don't play ranked without friends, so that could also change the type of player I'm matched up with.

BShadowJ

Weirdly enough I just selected a random Rocket League streamer to watch on the Live From Playstation app, and lo and behold, there's BShadowJ on the opposing team.

Spoilers:
you won

I'm actually surprised at that result because of how badly I've been playing today... >_<

I just want them to stop putting it on their own net.

It seems to me the AI patch changed it from Great offense terrible defense to terrible offense terrible defense.

They are as likely to clear now as to try and score, and they still will do things like drive the ball straight into the nets when "defending".

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I am not really sure why people are getting bored of the maps. The reason this game is so good, and so popular, stems from it being (essentially) a sport anyone can play.

Do people get tired of the "maps" in Soccer, Football, Basketball, or Baseball? No, because they are part of the rule set of the sport. Changing the field would change the sport.

I don't want weird pitches. I want a pitch that runs at a constant 60fps for competitive play, the ability to watch matches (or have matches broadcasted like a soccer game by a streamer) with camera control, being able to queue for 3v3 ranked with friends, and lan mode.

I went on a hiatus because of controller issues. I ordered a used 360 controller from amazon so I could play this game, and that didn't work at all. I didn't send it back immediately because I ended up finding another 360 controller deep in a closet. I could only get that to work by wrapping the cord around the controller and weird ways. So I got about 11 or so hours of game time in about 2 weeks. Then I had visitors over and one of them dropped the controller and I never got it to work again. Even after that I still lagged a bit on sending back the amazon controller that never worked, but I eventually did, and a new controller came in a few days ago. So now i'm playing again.

In that time frame, I somehow forgot how good this game just feels to play. It's intense, smooth, fast, and 1v1 is still the best game type. Did they do an update that increased the game's performance or is that just me? It runs better on my PC than I previously remembered it running.

My first aerial goal: http://gfycat.com/ExemplaryEmptyGosling

11 seconds left on the clock for the go-ahead score!

Also, what's everyone using to record their footage on PC?

I use plays.tv. I unintentionally downloaded it from the AMD Catalyst download package. It works well. Any game I play, it will save all of the data I record. So I can cut out clips from them, upload them directly www.plays.tv, and use instagiffer to turn it into a gif.

Nose Master

I need to practice wall jumps. What sort of jumps do you have to do while on the wall to go... towards the middle of the arena? I alllllways just kind of flounder up a little bit. Do you do a double jump side barrel roll?

I need to practice wall jumps. What sort of jumps do you have to do while on the wall to go... towards the middle of the arena? I alllllways just kind of flounder up a little bit. Do you do a double jump side barrel roll?

It depends. If the ball is the left side, I'll hit it, jump, then dodge left. Or dodge forward if I'm just trying to push the ball.

Yeah. Its tricky with ball cam. You just have to pay attention to which direction you do a barrel roll in. Also delaying the barrel roll a second after you jump helps out a lot. Like don't double tap too quickly.
Unless the ball is touching the wall, then you don't want to jump or barrel roll at all.

A. Right now you can only play with people on another platform through online matchmaking. There will be a patch “very soon” after launch allowing people to play private matches cross-platform. You cannot party with players on another platform as of yet, but it is being worked on.

Is this said patch out yet? And if so how would PS4 players party with steam users? I've seen players with the PSYNET icon, guessing they were PC players because the PSN users have there PSN avatars displayed.

Anyway if any Steam user wants to try to party up right now my PSN name is: BigBadShamoo.

hydruxo

Is this said patch out yet? And if so how would PS4 players party with steam users? I've seen players with the PSYNET icon, guessing they were PC players because the PSN users have there PSN avatars displayed.

Anyway if any Steam user wants to try to party up right now my PSN name is: BigBadShamoo.

Nope the patch isn't out just yet, should be out by the end of the month, maybe sooner.

You know those days when your game is totally off? You're missing shots and aerials left and right? Yeah... two days worth of those... 5 wins out of ~20 matches... ugh.

Nope the patch isn't out just yet, should be out by the end of the month, maybe sooner.

Ok this is what I thought. I saw like no options in there that would allow that on the PS4 yet. I even quickly browsed the official Rocket League Forums for an answer on it.

I tried searching, for a steam player on the PSN in the "create party" option on the PS4 ingame on Rocket League but said steam user name isn't appearing.

If you own both versions of this game when the feature is out you can probably test this out more thoroughly. I only have the PS4 version myself. So it appears I've exhausted all my available options. lol

Since they're aiming for cross play, I don't think it's going to be something we'll have to figure out anyway. It should be easily accessible.

Little anecdote...I was at a LAN fest this weekend and there was always dozens of people playing rocket league. Was awesome to see how popular this has gotten.

This game is too addicting. Was away on vacation for the past month and just got to try it out the last few days. It's so dang good, having a blast playing online, haven't really tried anything else.

Hopefully cross network party play is added before the inevitable Xbox one release.

They can only see the quick chat stuff. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Ugh. That's a letdown. No wonder I have no idea if I'm playing against a PC player haha.

They should fix that it's just ingame chat log text. Because I highly doubt that PC players that used to play deathball, the unreal tournament 200X mod and PC players in general are just typing these short bot like messages.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
have the developers mentioned anything about potentially allowing remapping of the reset key for training? It can't be changed from r1 and I can't be the only one who remapped boost and jump to l1/r1.

Whoa did the season just begin? All of my numbers are rankings are at 100.

Also what does a season even entail?

Edit: I also just experienced a weird thing in ranked solo standard where I had a team member with a dot above his head and no name. When he scored and chatted, it said "team". Is this a bot?

Edit 2: ranked numbers are back to normal. Strange.

It's like Skrillex is running the server.

Still having the PSN issue of having to relaunch the game every time I leave a lobby. It's fucking terrible.

What I did in my last match, essentially.

Lol that video is hilarious I totally know what you mean. I've been in some matches and sometimes it's as if there's a forcefield around the ball that's preventing me to touch it even when its slowly rolling. It's ridiculous. One time my car even got randomly stuck spinning in circles.

v1lla21

I can finally say I lost a game due to lag. 3 of the goals the other team scored were thanks to lag. On the first goal it started going crazy and pushed all the cars to one side and the ball into my net. On the 3rd goal as soon as kickoff started everyone was pushed off and the ball stayed in the middle. About 20 seconds later it stops lagging and one of the opposite players resets in front of the ball and just pushes it into our net. On the last goal, I hit the ball and an opposing player blocks it. As the ball is in the air, lag goes crazy and changes the ball's course into my net. The other guys just kept saying sorry. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom