• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concept17

If you're one of the people who says teammates are constantly crashing into you, they're most likely saying the same thing. You are probably not as innocent as you think.

Yup, ball cam is usually the culprit. It's easy to just get completely focused on the ball, especially those floaters.

Weetrick

Loving this game! I'm playing on PC. I know it's cross platform the PS4, but is there any way to tell who's playing on PC and who's on PS4?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Hell yes!

They should make the new crazy maps part of a new "for fun" playlist.

Can you imagine a circular map with a line that's half blue and half red. The objective would be to get the ball all the way round and over the line from the opposing teams colour side. Kind of like a tug of war. And because it's circular the sides could be curved right up to the ceiling.

I've played enough to have veteran rank and have had under 10 games of someone constantly crashing into me. If people here are having it happen enough to where they are complaining about it, then your play style is a contributing factor.

Hang back at midfield and wait for the person who has been hitting you to make his play on the ball, when it ricochets off the wall and he's out of the way, take your shot.

As far as players that aren't very good that's just part of it. People need to play to get better. I play with my brother who hasn't even played a video game in two years so I guess I have more patience than most. It makes me a better player though, having to carry the team.

fl0w

Loving this game! I'm playing on PC. I know it's cross platform the PS4, but is there any way to tell who's playing on PC and who's on PS4?

Haven't played on computer but on PS4 the PC guys have a PSYNET logo, I imagine it may be something similar, or that you see the PSN logo?

v1lla21

I'm talking about setting up for the shot and getting knocked out by your partner because he wanted to take the shot. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does, it's annoying as hell.

I do hang back and wait. If you have played with me you know that's what I do. I play defensively and only attack when I get a break away. You'll see me attacking a lot if we're playing 2v2 and we take turns being keeper, the team is down in the last minute, or the team fucking sucks and we're getting annihilated.

hydruxo

I may not ever have played a game that makes me forego bathroom breaks to the point that this does. I must have peed for 5 minutes after quitting last night.

I literally have started shifting my body around while sitting to minimize the feeling of my bloated bladder.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

No lie this happens to me almost every time I get into a RL session with gaffers. We end up playing for like 3 straight hours and I just shut everything else out haha.

hymanator

Is there any sort of VR support for this yet? I would love to be able to freely look around with ease so I could be more aware of my surroundings.

If you're one of the people who says teammates are constantly crashing into you, they're most likely saying the same thing. You are probably not as innocent as you think.

I get mad one I'm in midfield about to line up a shot on a center. Then our goalie comes flying in from the back not only rams into me but completely whiffs on the ball and leaves an open net for the other team.

That's the person I complain about it. And it happens often.

Hasney

The topic about FF14 says how they're still talking to MS about cross play before they bring it and they can't get it done. Don't expect XB1 to have total cross play if it happens. There's a weird comment in there as well about cross play between XB1 and PC having to involve Windows 10, so it might not happen at all.

Gruso

Is there any sort of VR support for this yet? I would love to be able to freely look around with ease so I could be more aware of my surroundings.
Hmm, TrackIR could be awesome with this too. I believe it would be doable without official support.

Has this been posted?

The game is available now on PS4 and PC with plans to come to other platforms soon.
That's also interesting. I'm sure a lot of people have noticed a lot of the game's files referencing a mobile version of the game. Has it been confirmed whether this will be the actual game or a companion app? I can't imagine a version for the Xbox One would warrant "other platforms soon".

I'd love a companion app.
I think what I remember hearing was something about a mobile app allowing you to spectate matches.

That's also interesting. I'm sure a lot of people have noticed a lot of the game's files referencing a mobile version of the game. Has it been confirmed whether this will be the actual game or a companion app? I can't imagine a version for the Xbox One would warrant "other platforms soon".

I'd love a companion app.

So somehow I finally got a pool/break shot after 50+ hours in the most random way:

yXOGV7.gif

Lucky we all missed at the end...

Also made another quick saves video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIpeieIpxls

There is apparently now a way to exploit your way into a private match that is not full.

NA ESL finals were having to fill up a party with other people to prevent it from happening.

Yup, ball cam is usually the culprit. It's easy to just get completely focused on the ball, especially those floaters.
I've started to switch to car cam for a second when I'm driving away from or parallel to the ball to make sure I don't run into teammates. Helps a lot especially when it's crowded under a high ball and you're trying to get out of there to line up a better hit.

vermadas

I'm a pretty mediocre player but had a few good days. This weekend has been positively awful though. I was at around 700 a few days ago and sunk all the way down to <500. I lost every game I played tonight, around 10 in a row. Capped off by a game in which we were up 3-2, they made a last second shot, I made a save, one teammate hits it, bounces off another teammate into our own goal at 0:00. Long overtime results in a loss right after I miss a save.

So incredibly irritated... I think it's time I move on from this game.

PhaZZe

Banned
I'm a pretty mediocre player but had a few good days. This weekend has been positively awful though. I was at around 700 a few days ago and sunk all the way down to <500. I lost every game I played tonight, around 10 in a row. Capped off by a game in which we were up 3-2, they made a last second shot, I made a save, one teammate hits it, bounces off another teammate into our own goal at 0:00. Long overtime results in a loss right after I miss a save.

dude just enjoy, fuck that ranking number, check for guys who want to play in gaf and have fun!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
dude just enjoy, fuck that ranking number, check for guys who want to play in gaf and have fun!

While i agree with ignoring the ranking bs and just finding people who are interested in fun good games.... Ive yet to find someone on this thread who will play with me. Have posted my psn name like.... 5? Times

vermadas

I don't really care about the number. I only mention it to illustrate how much I've been losing. Despite the fun I have with the game, it's a competitive multiplayer game with small teams. Sure, I can chalk up some of my misfortune to bad luck, but it makes me feel like a shitty player who drags my team down.

Sorry for the negativity, I'm just using GAF as an outlet for my anger.

Soulflarz

Banned
I both love and despise 1v1. On one hand, it's very fun, on the other, people tend to have very annoying tactics (like bumping you over and over to stall time) just because they're viable. I dunno, not the most fun opponents.

Tunavi

Banned

One does not simply stop playing rocket league

Holy shit. I'm sorry guys, so much of that was my fault. Fanning shots, missing aerials, my old man reflexes were showing tonight. Ugh, I played like crap.
I'm going to have nightmares now.

BashNasty

Holy shit. I'm sorry guys, so much of that was my fault. Fanning shots, missing aerials, my old man reflexes were showing tonight. Ugh, I played like crap.
I'm going to have nightmares now.

That's just how Rocket League goes. Sometimes I play like a continuous highlight reel, sometimes I accidentally knock the ball into my own goal twice in one game. Nothing to feel bad about, it happens to everybody.

That's just how Rocket League goes. Sometimes I play like a continuous highlight reel, sometimes I accidentally knock the ball into my own goal twice in one game. Nothing to feel bad about, it happens to everybody.
Oh yeah, I have my ups and downs, I just get pretty competitive, always having a blast though. It was just one of those nights nothing wanted to go in the net.

Shrug

The few games we played were fun anyway
Oh yeah, for sure man. Always a blast playing with GAF.

Soulflarz

Banned
Best teammates are ones with discipline, who know when to pull back and fight another day.

If you're chasing me when I hit it into the middle, you did nothing. If you were in the middle to have an easy hit in, yay, then I don't have to attempt to take a shot with someone in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom