• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to play with friends yet so haven't tried this, but can you go into 3v3 ranked with only 2 people and be able to pick up a 3rd? Or is it only available for solo or a team of 3?

GeeTeeCee

I'm curious at to what the game considers an aerial hit. If I'm flying through the air and my car connects with the ball, I'd consider that an aerial hit. The game disagrees. Is there some particular technique I'm missing?

This is in no way motivated by the fear that the "score an aerial goal" trophy will forever remain just out of my reach. Nope. Definitely not the case.

Edit: oh, and a big thanks to Psyonix for patching in cross-platform private matches. Exactly what I've been wanting.

Ardenyal

Welp. I guess now 1v1 is the only game mode for someone who doesn't want to get a team going every time they play. Bit bummed about that.

Might aswell quit the game now. People playing with other randoms were toxic but the shit talking when people are grouped up is something else altogether.

DLaicH

I'm curious at to what the game considers an aerial hit. If I'm flying through the air and my car connects with the ball, I'd consider that an aerial hit. The game disagrees. Is there some particular technique I'm missing?

I don't know for sure, but it seems like it's just height based. I get credit for aerial hits for just jumping off the wall and hitting the ball from high up without using any boost to fly at all. However, in my head I still consider aerials to be what you're talking about, regardless of how the game counts them.

Drewfonse

Played for the first time yesterday at my friends house. Lost each and every match. 3 vs. 3.

Seriously we lost so badly that I almost lost faith in the game. Last game my friend quit at 0-11 score. He could not take any more of that beating. I need to go home, train a bit and then hit the online again. I can't be this horrible can I?

Try playing 2v2. It's not as chaotic and will allow you to learn the mechanics just as easily. You'll have a bit more time on the ball. My preferred mode.

Had the most satisfying win ever last night. I play 2v2 with my brother and we mainly play for fun. We are competitive, but we don't take it too seriously. Anyway we came up against these guys yesterday who within 1 minute went 2-0 up against us.
"What a save!"
"Great pass!" (I hit the ball and set one of them up)
"What a save!"
Then the guy starts manually typing entering shit like "please leave noobs" "low players leave" "leave" and with 2 mins still left me and my bro get pissed off.
2-1. 2-2. 2-3. 2-4.
"What a save!"
"Plz leave low ranked noob"

We took the piss so bad that the guy sent a message saying he's gonna report me to Sony lmao. Don't dish it out if you can't take it breh.

really wish i could disable enemy chat or disable custom messages. the scenario you just described has happened every night ive played for the past week and its just obnoxious.

Maffew

Does anyone still have the PS4 fan issue with this game? Should i be worried about my PS4? I've checked how hot the actual casing gets and it's not too bad, just the fans run a bit wild.

Literally no other game gets my PS4 as fired up as Rocket League does.

To be fair no other game i own on PS4 gets me as fired up as Rocket League does.

I do :(

I also get it on Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, and less loud but more noticeable on Journey.

Had the most satisfying win ever last night. I play 2v2 with my brother and we mainly play for fun. We are competitive, but we don't take it too seriously. Anyway we came up against these guys yesterday who within 1 minute went 2-0 up against us.
"What a save!"
"What a save!"
Then the guy starts manually typing entering shit like "please leave noobs" "low players leave" "leave" and with 2 mins still left me and my bro get pissed off.
2-1. 2-2. 2-3. 2-4.
"What a save!"

We took the piss so bad that the guy sent a message saying he's gonna report me to Sony lmao. Don't dish it out if you can't take it breh.

I about had an experience like this last night. I was in a ranked 3v3 and the enemy team got a good shot and then a couple lucky bounces off the kickoff to make the score 3-0 with about 3 minutes remaining. Two of the guys on the other team type in GG before the next kickoff like we're just supposed to leave since the score is 3-0 or something. We ended up coming back to 3-3 and I was so close to sending back GG in chat, but I was lucky I didn't because they ended up getting a game winning score in the last 10 seconds or so. We just could not get momentom enough to get the ball away from our goal and finally someone eneded up hitting it in.

There's an option under audio settings to set text chat to team only, has anyone tried that?

Also since their latest patch when playing this game with headphones on PS4 any sounds that used to be sent to the Ds4 speaker now come out really loud inside the headset
Anyone else have that issue? I'm using the Sony Gold Wireless...

IDK after update last night, I cant play any online games, oads to what looks like blue psn store screen and backs out and if I select DLC it goes to ps store screen and backs out. Seems fucked to me.

IDK after update last night, I cant play any online games, oads to what looks like blue psn store screen and backs out and if I select DLC it goes to ps store screen and backs out. Seems fucked to me.

They've said this is a known issue with the patch unexpectedly coming out before the DLC. If you try to buy DLC or go to the playstation store then try to find games online it will screw up. It should be fixed after the DLC is available tomorrow. It sounds like the update wasn't supposed to go out until tomorrow when the DLC was available.

They've said this is a known issue with the patch unexpectedly coming out before the DLC. If you try to buy DLC or go to the playstation store then try to find games online it will screw up. It should be fixed after the DLC is available tomorrow. It sounds like the update wasn't supposed to go out until tomorrow when the DLC was available.

Still sucks that now I cant even play online. I will say game is a blast, but man the server issues with everything else is just a drag. I'm sure in a month or two everything will be ironed out, just sucks now.

Still sucks that now I cant even play online. I will say game is a blast, but man the server issues with everything else is just a drag. I'm sure in a month or two everything will be ironed out, just sucks now.

I don't think the bug should be persistant though? It sounded like if you just restarted the game and went straight to play online it would be fine. Is this not the case?

I dunno, I haven't had much issue for a week or two now outside of a game or two here or there.

GeeTeeCee

I had to stop playing when I started a match with no sound whatsoever, and when I quit to the main menu I got stuck in a never ending loading screen. Oh well.

I don't think the bug should be persistant though? It sounded like if you just restarted the game and went straight to play online it would be fine. Is this not the case?

I dunno, I haven't had much issue for a week or two now outside of a game or two here or there.

Yep, I ran into this issue and simply restarted the game to play online. No issues after that.

T-Rex.

Banned
really wish i could disable enemy chat or disable custom messages. the scenario you just described has happened every night ive played for the past week and its just obnoxious.
It really is. I don't mind a bit of ribbing but when it's just non-stop it's incredibly annoying. Sounds like you can disable the chat from the options menu though!

Sephzilla

I played three games on the new map and every game it seemed like the ball initially started below the map and suddenly pooped up into play. weird glitch

I played three games on the new map and every game it seemed like the ball initially started below the map and suddenly pooped up into play. weird glitch
Yep happens to me too. I play with the ball cam on, so the camera goes nuts at the start of each game. I actually just scored a goal from kick off when I couldn't even see the ball...

LordofPwn

last night i was cursed. no matter what team i was on we lost 80% of the matches. previously i've been around 65% win rate.
had 1 match where i had 0 points, even though i know i was clearing and centering balls left and right. was playing 3v3. too many times teammates would get in my way and the moment where i could break away from them, my own teammates, i was finally able to score some goals.

love the new stadium. 1st match playing there i get my 3rd ever aerial goal and got 2 trophies from that 1 match.

LakeEarth

"What a save!"
"What a save!"
2-1. 2-2. 2-3. 2-4.
"What a save!"

I once was doing 2v2, and we were down 0-4, and my TEAMMATE called me fucking trash and left. I ended up winning the game 6-4 (to be fair, this was before the AI teammate nerf, but I got most of the goals).

Yeah I was playing 2v2 with some cowboy who just tries to hit everything all the time even if he's in the wrong position, just gets in the way, tries to do the aerial rocket thing all the time gifting the ball back to the other team etc. And after we were 5-0 with about 2 minutes left down he asks to forfeit, at which I said no. So he spends the rest of the game just doing circles near our own goal. Funnily enough without him interfering I didn't concede another goal. I made sure to let him know that too.

People are asking to forfeit way too much too. In another 2v2 game my team was down 1-3 with a minute left and they ask to forfeit? What the hell? 1 minute is plenty of time to equalise.

BigDug13

Is there something wrong with matchmaking right now? All regions selected and both doubles and standard selected and it's giving me the "waiting for more players to start matchmaking with your preferences" after several minutes and never seems to move on.

Iced

Is there something wrong with matchmaking right now? All regions selected and both doubles and standard selected and it's giving me the "waiting for more players to start matchmaking with your preferences" after several minutes and never seems to move on.

Same.

Not the case, I closed it completely and then reopened the app and it still wont let me in to play.

I once was doing 2v2, and we were down 0-4, and my TEAMMATE called me fucking trash and left. I ended up winning the game 6-4 (to be fair, this was before the AI teammate nerf, but I got most of the goals).

Yeah team mate trash talking is embarrassing. Posted in here a while back that I had a horrid opening minute to a game and we were 2 down and my team mate told me to leave (this was ranked). I managed to score 2 back, both opponents congratulated me. My team mate left and I managed to win the match 3-2.

farisr

Huh, seems like the new map is just a reskin from the standard field. I thought it would be like Utopia from SARPBC :(

I think they said the first bunch of maps are going to be the standard field size/layout, so people get used to the mechanics of the game properly and what not. The non-standard maps are in development and are coming eventually though.

Huh, seems like the new map is just a reskin from the standard field. I thought it would be like Utopia from SARPBC :(

Seems like they were wanting to go more with the competitive nature in Rocket League and didn't expect the outcry for weirder(Non-standard) maps before the game came out. Sounds like there will be more of those down the road.

There's an option under audio settings to set text chat to team only, has anyone tried that?

Also since their latest patch when playing this game with headphones on PS4 any sounds that used to be sent to the Ds4 speaker now come out really loud inside the headset
Anyone else have that issue? I'm using the Sony Gold Wireless...
The audio issue can be fixed in the options. It will be under audio and it'll be like sounds or something and its defaulted at speakers. Just change it to headset.

Tunavi

Banned
I think they said the first bunch of maps are going to be the standard field size/layout, so people get used to the mechanics of the game properly and what not. The non-standard maps are in development and are coming eventually though.
Are the non standard maps fun in the other game?

aro52

"What a save!"
"What a save!"
2-1. 2-2. 2-3. 2-4.
"What a save!"

Yeah, I'm super close to turning off all chat myself. I miss the early days, honeymoon period with this game, when there was practically ZERO of this shit.

Yup. They said different field shapes and game modifiers are coming eventually, but that they will be kept to unranked and private games. Ranked will keep to the standard fields and rule set, to maintain the "sport" of it.

Godcannon

Are the non standard maps fun in the other game?

I know you were asking someone else but OH gawd yes. They would be curvy or have wind depending in the level but always felt balanced still, which is the most important factor. Also hoping they get some of the minigame challenges back. Those were a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom