• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadybiz

Yep, sound bug definitely still in there.

Otherwise, very nice update, I think. Not having to leave a lobby to find another match is an excellent improvement.

MrPanic

Oh man, the community on this game is beyond awful sometimes. Been a while since I considered turning of chat in a game, but the amount of toxic players is quite high on this game. Kinda reminds me of the old cod/halo days.

Good patch btw, performance has improved quite a bit on my laptop and the dlc map looks real good now.

LordofPwn

silver I, gonna get me my rewards in a couple months. also i guess it doesnt matter how badly you beat someone or how close a loss is for rank points, but i appreciate the ranked changes, mostly the auto ranking updates and visual indicator.

scitek

Playing with randoms in this game is the worst. Everyone's such a ball hog and just doesn't have any concept of team play. It's like they think there's a kill/death ratio to worry about or some shit.

Backlogger

Playing with randoms in this game is the worst. Everyone's such a ball hog and just doesn't have any concept of team play. It's like they think there's a kill/death ratio to worry about or some shit.

Yeah, my pet peeve right now is when I feel like I am trying to setup a shot for someone else and they are either right behind me OR so far away from where the play is happening the ball just ends up bouncing in front of the goal with nobody to hit it in. As soon as I see a teammate shooting the ball into the corner I am usually trying to get the tap in.

I have also had teammates hit the ball back towards our goal, while I was trying to clear the ball from center I think just so they could hit the ball. Some people are really bad at clearing the ball, but its worse when they keep hitting it back in while you are trying to clear it.

When I'm doing Solo Standard I usually sit around half court to goalie almost the entire time because no one else does.

I'll only go up past for an attempted dunk, or a good center from the corner.

scitek

Lol, I was playing 3v3 on ps4 and my two teammates were AI because no one came in. So, we lose 3-2, and I see "scrub a dub dub, U guys suck, get better."

I explained there was only one real person playing, and one of them says "Well, scoreboard."

I just left shaking my head.

Salsa

game is pairing me up with proper south american servers for the first time

playing my first ever matches with green ping

aint too bad for US people either. better than me playing there

Wiggy

Lol, I was playing 3v3 on ps4 and my two teammates were AI because no one came in. So, we lose 3-2, and I see "scrub a dub dub, U guys suck, get better."

I explained there was only one real person playing, and one of them says "Well, scoreboard."

I just left shaking my head.

AI seems to be getting worse, just had a match where my AI teammate drove the ball into my own net from the half way line :(

Is it just me or is there a lot more shit talking in the ranked matches now?
I never witnessed so much drama on a single day as today.

I already disabled voice chat. Getting so close to disabling text aswell. Funny enough it's mostly the guys that block shots, never pass, hunt after every ball that start whining when me or others don't fullfill their goal quota or "don't defend".

New map is much darker now and fun to play great!

Is it just me or is there a lot more shit talking in the ranked matches now?
I never witnessed so much drama on a single day as today.

I already disabled voice chat. Getting so close to disabling text aswell. Funny enough it's mostly the guys that block shots, never pass, hunt after every ball that start whining when me or others don't fullfill their goal quota or "don't defend".

I wish there was an option for only quick messages. Griefing team members are the worst and make me want to not win with them (I only play solo).

I wish there was an option for only quick messages. Griefing team members are the worst and make me want to not win with them (I only play solo).

It seems the player skill levels are matched all over the place right now due to the ranked reset and that creates more tension then usual. Just had an Expert level team mate asking how we losers made it to Silver, when actualy i'm in bronze around 150 points and the other team mate was relatively new to the game at Semi-Pro level.

My own results have also been all over the place thanks to this. Some games i barely got to touch the ball, in another game i scored 3 goals in the first minute and the other team forfeited.

Man, the rankings (in terms of time played) mean nothing now. Can't count the number of "veterans" who are too afraid to drive up and hit the ball. I'm spamming TAKE THE SHOT because I can see there's no one closer to the ball than they are, but they still inch forward, inch back over and over because... I literally don't know why.

J. Bravo

So what exactly is the point of communicating? It seems like I play much better with decent randoms than with people I know, have played with multiple times, and am in constant communication with. What are we supposed to be telling each other? Mostly in 2s.

Edit: now that I'm thinking about it, a lot of people are probably much better when they can just focus on playing. That could include me.

So what exactly is the point of communicating? It seems like I play much better with decent randoms than with people I know, have played with multiple times, and am in constant communication with. What are we supposed to be telling each other? Mostly in 2s.

Edit: now that I'm thinking about it, a lot of people are probably much better when they can just focus on playing. That could include me.

If your teammates are competent I don't much see the point of communicating. Maybe if you notice something about the other team strategy-wise and wanted to change up tactics? Trying to communicate definitely hurts my concentration. It's a pretty simple game as far as strategy goes so I rather focus on execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom