• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloane

Banned
Well it's not even just the ball, it's everything. Like all the physics for everything is floatier or faster or something. The ball is launching across the field at Mach speeds from even little hits. Cars too.
Yeah, something is broken since the update, it often feels like my tires are covered in glue or something. I'm not really sure what it is though; it only seems to happen after the first match? Thought it was some kind of memory leak at first but must be something else.

Sjefen

Yeah, something is broken since the update, it often feels like my tires are covered in glue or something. I'm not really sure what it is though; it only seems to happen after the first match? Thought it was some kind of memory leak at first but must be something else.

Something is def wrong, the ball is floatier in ranked. Seems to be normal in unranked

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The new patch is great. Love being able to queue up another ranked match right away, it's great to be told how your ranking changes after every match, etc. But there are some issues, such as:

• The rank points screen stays up for too long. I don't need to see it for a full five seconds or whatever it is. At least let me bypass it with X.
  • Seeing the points right after every match highlights how broken the actual points system seems to be. Like, me and a random were up 10-1 in a 2v2, and seconds before the match was over the others forfeited. I got 1 (ONE) measly point for that win. That's just messed up. Is that what you always get when you win on forfeit? Should still be based on how the match was going.
  • The sound crash bug has not been fixed.

Ardenyal

Like, me and a random were up 10-1 in a 2v2, and seconds before the match was over the others forfeited. I got 1 (ONE) measly point for that win. That's just messed up. Is that what you always get when you win on forfeit? Should still be based on how the match was going.

It has never been about by how much you win or what you accomplish in the match, only win or loss matters. If you were stomping the opposition 10-1 they were likely a lot lower ranked and that's why you only gained one point.

AcridMeat

Banned
It's not based on performance per match. It's based off Wether you win or lose and the ranks of everyone else in the game.
Does everyone on the losing team lose the same amount of rank? I mean let's say theoretically everyone is at the same level in the game, but you put up 500 points and lose, your teammates are both around 120. That's inherently unfair to have someone who busted their ass lose as many points.

Of course actual point scores don't tell the entire story, there are many things that should be awarded during a game that aren't, but still that seems unfair to me.

I do have a bit of salt in this post because ever since the reset it's been hard as hell to carry my teams as it feels 3v1 the majority of the time.

edit: Maybe that's the crux of it fiction, that the reset was a bit too severe in terms of the rank disparity? To go from 1100 to 700 is pretty rough in terms of skill levels.

Nothing has changed IMO but since the season started everybody went back to zero so players who were say 950 before and are now say 500 after playing a day or two are being paired with people who never got over 400-500 before. And unless you are well over 1000 rank is pretty meaningless as actual skill level varies tremendously. I couldn't believe how some of the players I got paired with at same rank got as high as they did. And I'm not saying I'm great by any stretch but they still lacked basic skills. It still all comes down to playing in a party or having luck with who you get paired with in terms of randoms. If you are good you will eventually move higher but man there are some tough stretches to endure, especially if you are playing with randoms.

Trace

Banned
So I just got -12 and -10 for losing 2 games, and then +5 for winning a game? I had every single goal on the team for both losses, how is fair?

Unicorn

Nothing has changed IMO but since the season started everybody went back to zero so players who were say 950 before and are now say 500 after playing a day or two are being paired with people who never got over 400-500 before. And unless you are well over 1000 rank is pretty meaningless as actual skill level varies tremendously. I couldn't believe how some of the players I got paired with at same rank got as high as they did. And I'm not saying I'm great by any stretch but they still lacked basic skills. It still all comes down to playing in a party or having luck with who you get paired with in terms of randoms. If you are good you will eventually move higher but man there are some tough stretches to endure, especially if you are playing with randoms.
This will balance out in time. Don't sweat it.

So I just got -12 and -10 for losing 2 games, and then +5 for winning a game? I had every single goal on the team for both losses, how is fair?

It's win or loss based on skill levels, not individual performance.

This is pretty much the state of things, and yes I was so frustrated last night getting fucked over by randoms. I shouldn't be mad at them for not being as skilled as me, but it sucks in this particular situation. I guess you can look at our comments here and understand what goes on in the moba communities.

I think the rank reset messed stuff up because I was playing at 50 and it's crazy how advanced it already was

I'm at rank ~ 373 as of quitting a second ago (in solo-standard, 3v3). I think I won about 5 games out of 10 or 12. I started at 400. I win, I got between 3-8 points. I lose, I'm taken of about 8-10 points. Improving my rank is now almost entirely reliant on the quality of team I'm with. I can't carry my team every match. Ranks are definitely messed up at the moment. It might get better in a week or two, I guess.

The servers were responsible for quite a bit of the lost goals, because the rubberbanding gets absolutely insane at random times. I guess it'll be a couple days or so until the servers get better.

This ranking system is odd, due to the points I receive for wins and then the larger amounts I regularly get for losses. If you are losing any more than 1/2 matches all the time, you may as well just give up on playing ranked; that's what it feels like I'm being told. I'll try 2v2 later. Maybe it'll be better there.

jotun?

I don't think there's any guarantee that your teammates will be the same rank as you. It might for example put 500+1000 against 750+750

Fun guy I just got paired with..
MUrBufP.png

AcridMeat

Banned
Ever since this update I'm getting pretty severe lag spikes now and then. I mean, screen freezing for 2-3 seconds and resuming with me half way up the wall. Has happened in laggy matches and perfectly smooth matches so I don't know what's going on.

whoszed

3) We are actively investigating re-seeding players into more accurate divisions. A 499 Preseason MMR player could instead be placed into Bronze III instead of Bronze I, for example. We will also be careful not to reduce anyone's RP who has already climbed past where they would have been re-seeded (We are also doing this SOON).

Thank you god.

Auctopus

It's not based on performance per match. It's based off Wether you win or lose and the ranks of everyone else in the game.

It's near ruined he game for me. I'm either destroying some low level team with no effort or working my ass off to save said team and not being rewarded.

Terrible points system. You lose about 10 for a 1 nil loss and gain about 6 for a win.

GodofWine

I wish they just reset us all back to 100, and just let it work how it did in preseason... I figure now it takes 30+ wins in a row to move from bronze 1 to silver 1, or with losses something like a 50-5 run, that's nuts.

Why did they even seed us, its a new season, everyone should start on an equal footing

I wish they just reset us all back to 100, and just let it work how it did in preseason... I figure now it takes 30+ wins in a row to move from bronze 1 to silver 1, or with losses something like a 50-5 run, that's nuts.

Why did they even seed us, its a new season, everyone should start on an equal footing

Agreed. Having the top players cannibalize each other is completely stupid. All it does is cause someone who's pretty damn good to move to a lower rank after maybe one or two losses, thus destroying the competition at that level and creating a nasty chain reaction of people playing below their skill level. They should have had us start at ground zero.

Bollocks

god dammit this game, ranked 2v2. It's one thing to loose against a good team but to loose as the clearly better team is just infuriating.
Especially if you get matched multiple times and every single goal of them is a luck shot. No setup or skill involved, infuriating.

Brashnir

god dammit this game, ranked 2v2. It's one thing to loose against a good team but to loose as the clearly better team is just infuriating.
Especially if you get matched multiple times and every single goal of them is a luck shot. No setup or skill involved, infuriating.

That word does not mean what you think it means.

Miff

Glad it's not just me with matchmaking / ranking issues. I'm not exactly skilled to begin with, but since the patch hit I feel that I suddenly really, properly, suck at the game. It's no fun watching you rank constantly slide :(

I hate ragequitters. Yesterday I did 6 matches, in 3 of them someone quit (1 in my team, 2 in the opposing one).

Ruins the fun really. In Ranked they should make ragequitters play only between themselves.

Fbh

I updated the game yesterday.
I definitely seem to be getting matched up against better players now. Lost my first post update game 7-2 against a guy that was doing some cool aereal shots. Then I went on to loose the next 3 matches.

dankir

Platinumed this last night. Most fun Ive had in an MP game in a long time. took me a while to understand to slow down though and line up the shots. For a while I was just jumping all over the place and boosting right past the ball. Just need to get better at aerial shots now. But I'm playing much better and confidently now.

Weirdly enough the 500km trophy is glitched? I must have like 200 tops and it unlocked.

Karu

Was barely making the cut at 500 to silver, but now I feel like I should be at 300 or so. Ruins the fun a bit having to loose in a downward spiral to where you are supposed to be. :-/

AcridMeat

Banned
Via the Rocket League Twitter they outline some of the changes and methods they are using for seasons. They're apparently going to be adjusted very soon and are looking for feedback still.
I'm glad they're addressing it, I'm not playing ranked anymore for the time being. Seeing that Kronovi is stuck around the same rank as I am says a lot about how botched the system currently is.
Kind of wish you can map air rolling to the ds4's gyro.
Yoooooo that would be awesome!
I was wondering where this thread went...
h6fXaft.png

4cn2oyO.png

:D

The last 3 games I had, I unlocked the decal "wings" however my decal page only has 6 items (all unlcoked) and no more items to unlock. There are no "wings" decal.

What gives?

KanameYuuki

One feature I would love to have is for them to save the way you customized each one of the cars, so when you change it and decide to go back, you don't have to redo everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom