• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord pie

I usually play a highly defensive game, as most players in public 3's seem to be ultra aggressive all the time or ball chasers (I think I average 1.2 saves per game).
I'm not very good, but last night i had an extremely close game where one guy played awesome defense the entire game. Amazingly liberating knowing someone is always going to be there behind you, not having to worry that if you attack your teammate might be right on your arse. Really does change the game dramatically when you can count on people.

Slightly irritated I ended season 2 as challenger elite division 5.... I want that people boost. :(

I usually play a highly defensive game, as most players in public 3's seem to be ultra aggressive all the time or ball chasers (I think I average 1.2 saves per game).
I'm not very good, but last night i had an extremely close game where one guy played awesome defense the entire game. Amazingly liberating knowing someone is always going to be there behind you, not having to worry that if you attack your teammate might be right on your arse. Really does change the game dramatically when you can count on people.

Slightly irritated I ended season 2 as challenger elite division 5.... I want that people boost. :(

This is the secret to getting out of the mid tier rank ghetto. I really need to get better at defense and sniping because I lose a lot of close games and it tends to be because you can't trust your teammates to rotate good enough. I am so bad at defense though when i see the ball coming I tense up and freak out. Like I know i should be more aggressive but then I worry if I miss it's a free goal but when they are too close it's a free goal anywhere.

AcridMeat

Banned
The circles on the ground under the ball show the inner circle over the line, and the outer circle still just outside the line. I guess the effect played on the ball doesn't quite use the same math. I've got hundreds of hours in the game, but have never seen the entire ball go black and not be a goal!
I have, albeit in the hockey mode.
8EBF36298DD62DDD771A13DD3481D903D6933A93
Game timed out, though look at where the puck is without it counting a goal...

FDC1

Back to the game to get my 100% back (still waiting a certified item by the way), matchmaking is still terribad good lord.

TheKeyPit

Banned
My first painted set of wheels!

Wish I'd get items more frequently :(

Edit:
Expanding our existing online item drop pool, the Item Attribute system adds special properties that can be discovered (rarely) when you receive an online item drop.

Should be more like:
Expanding our existing online item drop pool, the Item Attribute system adds special properties that can be discovered (rarely) when you receive (rarely) an online item drop.

Bollocks

oh hey we conceived 2 goals in the last minute, taking the game into overtime, let's just not move at all and continue to bitch in the chat instead -> loss
gg

on the plus side of the reset I get consistently good teammates, the games are actually a lot more fun even If I'm only in challenger 1

the game really shines when everyone knows how to rotate. had a lot of intense games yesterday, were we where going back and forth, areal game on point, always ready to step in in case your teammate needs help, what a rush, it was intense.

jiggles

Banned
I have a problem in that I have an okay aerial game but I spend most of my matches glued to the ground.

https://fat.gfycat.com/PhonySameIslandwhistler.webm
https://fat.gfycat.com/ChillyCanineDeviltasmanian.webm

There's something really addictive to me about dribbling along the ground that I'll always try to do it even if it would be safer to jump for it. The feel and flow of turning an opponent inside out beats any sort of aerial acrobatics that they had no chance of reaching any day of the week.

Matchmaking with randoms in Standard, they tend to dismiss me immediately as some noob that has no idea how to play because I'm not flying up to contest every ball. If I don't score early, I'm basically shut out of the game and never allowed to go near the ball. It feels like I'm playing with my wings clipped because people don't recognise there's more than one way to play the game. :(

Hasney

The ranks are still crazy. Solo Standard Challenger 1 and I keep getting matched up with Season 2 Grand Champions and ESL Monthly Champions who are at my rank.

You're lucky. I *just* got my first pro -- zOctanEz -- and thankfully he was on my team, though I don't mind playing against as it's really good experience (save those replays!) and every pro I've encountered are really nice people, which makes losing easier to swallow.

Peltz

Holy crap, these ranking resets have me angry and happy all at the same time. Played a Season 2 Grand Champion and lost 6-0. It was a spectacular game, and he or she deserved every goal. But that level of play is unreal.
Yep. It's like crazy how good some people are at this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom