• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It's it me or is the audio completely messed up after the latest update? Seems to have some kind of dynamic volume thing... is absolutely awful.

Also getting the busted matchmaking too

I get that weird humming which is annoying as fk.

----

Oh, and what do they say: If it can't get any better, you should stop.

I won 3 matches in a row and moved to Prospect 3 Div 3. I wanted to stop, but I though "just one more match". I lost it and wanted to play another one; that I won and I stopped playing.

I know, I know... I said that I won't be playing Ranked Solo Standard for a while, but I gave it another shot.

Rankings should be somewhat settled and back to normal when one no longer gets matched against Unranked players.

10 hours of playtime per week. We are talking raw playtime here, right? That would mean 120 matches a week to unlock stuff.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I couldn't find any clarification on that or when the reset time is. 120 matches certainly would be a decent amount if that is the case though. I guess I probably haven't burned 10 hours in straight play time so I can keep hoping for drops.

So my new season has started well.

L L L L L

EDIT: OMG I fucking won

Are they teammate own goals causing it? I had a streak of TEN losses casual and ranked solo with about as many own goals (which of course, were all clean strikes and misdirects they could never recreate on the other end).

Noaloha

My last half dozen games (unranked 3s) have all been populated by a wonderful sweetspot of individuals who, like me, have just enough confidence to go for aerials but lack the raw skill to apply any consistency. Great fun, especially when someone gets an intent. Lots of praise from both sides.

AcridMeat

Banned
My last half dozen games (unranked 3s) have all been populated by a wonderful sweetspot of individuals who, like me, have just enough confidence to go for aerials but lack the raw skill to apply any consistency. Great fun, especially when someone gets an intent. Lots of praise from both sides.
Those were pretty awesome days.

Though for me that was about 2 weeks into release haha.

Ok think I need to just take a break for a while. I fought pretty hard to get to challenger elite last season and though I gave up on reaching the blues I felt like I'd made progress. Now I just can't gauge my own performance at all anymore.

Since I quit ranked last season I've started picking up on wall drags and got it to where I can sometimes get a second hit in for the shot, though not quite air dribble yet. This for me was a milestone but now I'm playing prospect elites who are doing air dribbles to floor pinch shots consistently and yet claim they were Challenger II etc last season. I knew I wasn't good, but now I'm really doubting if I'm even progressing at all.

I know MM is borked for now and this will happen but for ranked it's a real downer, especially when these people could have been shooting star before for all I know. It's nice playing with way better players which I don't usually get to do but I really wish we had some indication of how skilled this person was before the reset. Alas it's only indicated on the very cream of the crop. Player matches will have to keep me going I guess and just try improve my game.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I couldn't find any clarification on that or when the reset time is. 120 matches certainly would be a decent amount if that is the case though. I guess I probably haven't burned 10 hours in straight play time so I can keep hoping for drops.

That's a great question. I play a lot of hours but not all of it is actual gameplay. My guess is it's 120 matches as you shouldn't get penalized (less drops) for going into OT or really long games due to lots of goals and no skipped replays.

This isn't possible, but if you want to post your platform-specific username, I can take a look at our backend for you to see what happened.

I posted on Reddit and some guy who I guess tests this stuff jumped all over me about wanting proof and after that drama it is now my understanding there is a buffering problem which causes demotions (and I'm guessing promotions) to sometimes be displayed 1 or 2 matches later then when they actually occur.

So not a bug and the guy said was such a small problem that it's not worth fixing. I disagree of course as it's confusing and makes people like me rage :) but in his defense this is the first time it's happened in God knows how many hours of gameplay.

jett

D-Member
YEAH! A grand champion in my team, gonna kill it fo sho!

FN3TTpV.jpg

We lost 3-8. :lol

In literally 6 out of the last 9 matches my teammate/s vote to forfeit in first 1-2 minutes. Almost all of them are unranked pros or below. Doesn't matter if we are up, tied or down. As soon as one thing goes wrong they want to quit. Worst guy on team craps on teammates and then griefs when you won't forfeit.

I fucking hate people.

Hey forgive me if I haven't noticed but is there a thread where gaffers post up private rooms in order to cross play? I'm on pc and my friends are on Xbox. So far all we ever do is play private matches against each other. We'd like to play competitive or for fun against others but we tried gamebattles and people just bitch when we try to get a cross play match going because the Xbox seasons rules don't mention cross play.

Both the ps4 and pc ranked ladders mention in the rules that they are cross play with each other but the Xbox ladder doesn't, presumably because cross play was just added and they haven't yet amended the rules.

So almost every time we set up a match someone on the opposite team has cross play disabled and when we message them they cry foul and tell us to forfeit, stating the rules. (Which by the way make no mention one way or another regarding cross play).

So. You can imagine it's getting pretty old. The other night we managed to play 3 complete matches in three hours. All the other ones we set up complained and wouldn't play us.

I never really played ranked before, but how often are legends getting matched up with unranked semi-pros? Does that always happen, or just in the first few weeks? Shit is infuriating when the opposing team doesn't have anyone of low rank.

I never really played ranked before, but how often are legends getting matched up with unranked semi-pros? Does that always happen, or just in the first few weeks? Shit is infuriating when the opposing team doesn't have anyone of low rank.

Everyone's hidden ranking number got reset to zero. So expect that a lot for a few weeks while people win and lose and everything settles

Cjkorea

The moans are driving me crazy. I have to quit the game and go back in for it to stop. But after 30 min or so the onslaught of "ughs" come back. So much moaning..... 2 different voices..... terrible. They need to fix that asap. I end up muting my TV or quitting.

If there's a GAF community someone send me an invite please. Cj_Korea

Play mostly 3vs3. But 2vs2 as well. Love this game. Just need the moans to go away lol

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Donald Trump is mad at me because the matchmaking is unfair. Also he's lagging. Also I suck anyway. I said sorry to him and everything. He was still mad. I don't know what to do.

bjaelke

Apparently you can access the new cars already if you purchase the collector's edition. Low5ive testing them on his stream right now.

AcridMeat

Banned
It was always known the cars would come with the physical release, and release as DLC a month later.

What exactly is a certified item? Is this some other gimmick like tf2?
I hope there's some 4th of July event items. A fireworks trail would be bomb.
would love that as well. I got the lightning trail last night right as I stopped playing.

TheKeyPit

Banned
This collector's edition is suppose to release tomorrow. That's what I was trying to get at.

The cars show up under Rocket League DLC in the Xbox store. Sadly we have to wait 1(!!!) month until we can buy them -.-

Who thought this would be cool? Game's only a 99/100 now.

Edit: The game is 40% off on steam. Why not 50%? :/

Was about to pick up the soundtrack for this since it kind of bugs me that I can't have it playing during the matches. I know it puts me at a disadvantage but sometimes I just want a few games and some music. Anyway, it turns out the soundtrack has never been updated and the steam page for it is filled with negative feedback for that exact reason. It's almost jarring seeing RL have a large quantity of bad feedback.

Anyway, just curious if anyone here may have an idea why? Dev or otherwise since I know we sometimes see a few Psyonix guys in here. I figured it may have something to do with licencing and being unable to add cost as the soundtrack size increases but that's just a guess.

In literally 6 out of the last 9 matches my teammate/s vote to forfeit in first 1-2 minutes. Almost all of them are unranked pros or below. Doesn't matter if we are up, tied or down. As soon as one thing goes wrong they want to quit. Worst guy on team craps on teammates and then griefs when you won't forfeit.

I fucking hate people.

So stop, playing, ranked.

There's a simple way to help mitigate this: disable forfeiting in the first 2 minutes. That gives people a chance to see how the match goes. Of course, some people would be unhappy with this, but it would probably help more than hurt.

TheKeyPit

Banned
There's a simple way to help mitigate this: disable forfeiting in the first 2 minutes. That gives people a chance to see how the match goes. Of course, some people would be unhappy with this, but it would probably help more than hurt.

Yesterday in 3v3: My team was losing 0:3 after a minute and one teammate voted to forfeit. The other guy and I still wanted to try and, hey, we won that match!

This is a great idea and something like it should be added a.s.a.p. I don't think complaints would be too bad. It's only really gonna piss of the perma-forfeiters. I can't even really thing of a counter argument outside of if there is some emergency and you gotta leave the game early, in which case you obviously shouldn't care about the 15 minute ban and just quit the match.

Really glad that DLC was supah cheap in the sale, Takumi is a great car for my play (Octane and Venom are very "extreme parameter" cars, and this has a better average feel and results).

Man, I think I need to just not touch this game for a week or two until they fix matchmaking in ranked. Why am I getting put up against a team of 2 legends and a master with a fucking veteran and expert on my side? I don't care what division people are currently in, the game needs to take into account rank as well. And if it does, well it sure ain't doing a good job of it.

Played way too many matches since the reset that were legitimately 3 vs 2.

It really does feel like most matches are unfair and I think this is because the majority of players are not good at the game. If you are actually decent you usually will be the best player on your team. And unless you play solo standard the other team is usually going to be better because most of the time they are playing in a party, so a) they know they are good and/or b) are friends so don't shit salt on each other and/or c) know one is good enough to carry the other.

And if you aren't facing a party like it or not usually it's a case of the best player on the other team doing a better job playing with their crap teammates than you are. Unless there is some matchmaking hack I don't know about everyone is in the same boat in terms of the luck of the draw when it comes to teammates, so overtime if you play the game enough things should even out.

Speaking of parties and carrying: why was the promised rank buffer to counter smurfs / boosting NOT implemented? Everyone can play with everyone still and by the time they finally activate the buffer the damage will already be done.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Speaking of parties and carrying: why was the promised rank buffer to counter smurfs / boosting NOT implemented? Everyone can play with everyone still and by the time they finally activate the buffer the damage will already be done.

Did you see any Challenger 3 players party up with Prospect 3 players? Did you see a party rank gap of more than 3 ranks?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Playing with bad teammates is hard. I can't carry them until I hit the rank I was last season (Rising Star).
It really is hard to carry. You put balls in and nobody is in position or on the rare occasion they are they miss. And you can expect many good deliveries. It can be quite frustrating.

Pepiope

Man, I think I need to just not touch this game for a week or two until they fix matchmaking in ranked. Why am I getting put up against a team of 2 legends and a master with a fucking veteran and expert on my side? I don't care what division people are currently in, the game needs to take into account rank as well. And if it does, well it sure ain't doing a good job of it.

Played way too many matches since the reset that were legitimately 3 vs 2.
Just because you're a legend doesn't mean you're good. It'll be about a week or so before you start consistently playing similar skilled opponents, but it's still pretty good practice until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom