• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
But that gif by SictorVullivan shows the tracker even though he's using ball cam. I do 90% of the time use normal cam so I don't really know.
Yeah, because the gif is captured from the replay mode.

But maybe I'm mistaken and this changed between beta and now. Because now it shows up in ball cam mode for me. Either my memories are faulty or they changed it. :p

Jaroof

Made a few videos tonight.
My friend and I played for hours and went from barely being able to play against rookies to being on even terms with all-stars.. well, with the AI, anyway.

Me vs My Friend(it was our first match)

Highlights

This game is too fun.

aravuus

Sitting at work just thinking about Rocket League. Welp.

Same here, only a couple of hours left and then it's weekend! I've got some sauna stuff to do with friends tomorrow, but I'll def play all night tonight

e: hell, I should try introducing RL to them tomorrow

Cowie

Man, this game is utterly fantastic. As goofy and seemingly arbitrary as it is, it's the first time I've played a video game that actually captured the feel of playing a sport. Hope matchmaking stuff on ps4 gets cleared up, I'd love to put an unreasonable amount of time into this.

Managed to play two whole games online last night before the servers crapped out again, but both games ended up with my team only having 2 people against a team of 3. Lost the first game in overtime, won the second with a 4th goal with 1 second on the clock.

I really like this game, but I feel so unlucky that the servers seem to be working fine all day when I'm at work then start shitting themselves just as I'm about to leave. I try not to get frustrated because it's made by a smaller studio and servers are difficult to beta test at this scale, but I really hope it doesn't take too much longer to figure itself out. I just want Rocket League to let me love it the way it deserves to be loved.

dlbeast

Managed to play two whole games online last night before the servers crapped out again, but both games ended up with my team only having 2 people against a team of 3. Lost the first game in overtime, won the second with a 4th goal with 1 second on the clock.

I really like this game, but I feel so unlucky that the servers seem to be working fine all day when I'm at work then start shitting themselves just as I'm about to leave. I try not to get frustrated because it's made by a smaller studio and servers are difficult to beta test at this scale, but I really hope it doesn't take too much longer to figure itself out. I just want Rocket League to let me love it the way it deserves to be loved.

amen.

JambiBum

Seems to me that they fixed the servers yesterday evening. Was able to play pretty much all night with no issues. I guess the first real test to see if they are actually fixed now will be this weekend.
bts_watermelon.gif

I know the feeling. I would have thought I would have been in the interest of Sony to lend a hand during the launch period considering they wanted to distribute to everyone on PS4.

Hasney

Seems to me that they fixed the servers yesterday evening. Was able to play pretty much all night with no issues. I guess the first real test to see if they are actually fixed now will be this weekend.
bts_watermelon.gif

Wait for European prime time in 5 or so hours combined with it being afternoon in the US today. That's when the shit hits the fan every day.

Ark

Wait for European prime time in 5 or so hours combined with it being afternoon in the US today. That's when the shit hits the fan every day.

To be fair it has been getting progressively better this week. Hopefully they won't have any issues this weekend.

SappYoda

Ok guys I think we need to start discussing serious matters like...

Ball cam on or Ball cam off?

I go off

I can't shoot to the goal while the camera is focusing on the ball..

Xater

I go off

Mostly off. Only use it in situations when the ball is high up and everyone is trying to get control.

I go off

Off unless I need to quickly locate the ball on defense. Lining up shots is way easier without it on. I've watched streams of people having it on the entire time and they spend so much time completely missing everything (besides amazing Kro) of the way it handles from that view. I really recommend adjusting the camera to what was mentioned earlier in this thread of: 110 FOV, 230 distance, 100 height, -0.3 angle, 0.75 stiffness. You'll get a wider and more vertical view so you can see high balls much easier and it's not so claustrophobic.

Xater

Off unless I need to quickly locate the ball on defense. Lining up shots is way easier without it on. I've watched streams of people having it on the entire time and they spend so much time completely missing everything (besides amazing Kro) of the way it handles from that view. I really recommend adjusting the camera to what was mentioned earlier in this thread of: 110 FOV, 230 distance, 100 height, -0.3 angle, 0.75 stiffness. You'll get a wider and more vertical view so you can see high balls much easier and it's not so claustrophobic.

I haven't checked, are these settings you can even change in the PS4 version?

Werd

Leaving a ranked game needs a serious hit to your rankings or a 10 minute cool down or something.

It also starts the game even if people left/got disconnected before it started, and counts the results which is kind of silly. Had multiple 1v2s where I (personally, being just ok) had no chance and got the L. An opponent got stuck in a 3v1.

Anyway, aside from a couple random games I've had no perceptible lag. Very smooth experience when the matchmaking is up. I don't remember what SARPBC had available, but if I recall correctly it at least had the option for P2P hosted private games because I always had a lot of lag when I played with a group from another game and it hampered the experience a lot.

aravuus

I go off

On as often as possible. The chase cam is kinda nauseating, though tinkering with the cam settings could help. Haven't tried cause I'm doing great with ball cam on 95% of the time.

Theecliff

Banned
omg the AI can be so fucking braindead on rookie

JESTER WHY DID YOU RUN THE BALL FROM HALF WAY DOWN THE PITCH INTO OUR OWN GOAL JESTER WHY

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I go off

I've been going back and forth on this, but now I have it on almost all the time. 99% of the time it just gives a much better view of the action, and I've become pretty good at judging the angles even when not seeing my car from straight behind.

red731

I've been going back and forth on this, but now I have it on almost all the time. 99% of the time it just gives a much better view of the action, and I've become pretty good at judging the angles even when not seeing my car from straight behind.

Same. I have ball cam indicator off because I use it nearly all the time.
Even know where on field are the boosters.
Angle in brain computaion will come naturaly.

Alright, so is the bicycle kick useful for kicking the ball behind you? Or have I been using it incorrectly this entire time?

Like irl, that is the case. You flip back to kick back.

Tcab96

Alright, so is the bicycle kick useful for kicking the ball behind you? Or have I been using it incorrectly this entire time?

M.J. Doja

Banned
"Ball Cam" OFF has helped me a lot in orienting myself. To find the ball I've just been using the right analog and the indicator, which is tougher since I have to follow the action, feels like I'm playing better though.

I just successfully set myself up doing just this. Ball was lobbed and bouncing down slowly midfield and I was facing my own goal and bicycle kicked the ball back towards the opponents goal. Then I turned around and got a dash shot lined up perfectly with the goal and I cheered!

Playing with pubs, if I could relay just ONE bit of advice to them, is that you dont ALWAYS have to hit the ball. Especially if you're facing the enemy net or we have a shot lined up and you hit it from the side or even from behind.

I swear, last two days, Ive played with some guys who I thought were double agents. Stealing goals from me, and then putting in 2-3 on the other side.

galvenize

Around 600 skill rating in 2v2. Toxic players everywhere. We lead 5-2 with me scoring 4 goals. They caught up 5-5. Partner leaves the game, blaming me :( .

Majanew

Banned
Played for like 4-5 hours straight last night or something like that with 3 friends. Was just me and my brother playing 3vs3 online and then a friend came on to fill that 3rd spot; and then we played 4vs4 when the 4th friend signed on. Addicted we were. A lot of laughing and yelling. lol, good times

Nyx

I go off

whynotboth.gif

I use ball cam when I lost sight of it, switch to normal cam as soon as I have the ball in front of me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom