• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Deimos

Just had an amazing win streak with some dude I met in a match. I don't even know how many games we won before getting two losses in a row and ruining our streak. This game, man.

Hopeford

This is the kind of game where you tell yourself "Just one more match" and then it's 4 in the morning. This seriously might be my game of the year, this is amazing. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a game!

How do I tell my real life friends that I'm addicted to car soccer?

favorite clip from tonight

Good games to yeti's crew tonight. 80k people online tonight. Damn

Zepherson where the f were you tonight

Sorry I missed your invite earlier. I left the game on but wasn't around. I'll jump on next time.

Jesus that guy is amazing, watching him juggle around players and, of course, the aerials.

Holy crap he went basically 2/3rds of the field in the air with the ball and scored.

Us.
soccer-ball-hits-kid-in-the-head.gif

Kronovi.

Tuffty

So when are we gonna hold some GAF tournies? I'm feelin' it!

If Giant Bomb doesn't like this game I'm rioting.

Austin is a fan from what I've read. Why would it matter anyway, you've already played it and liked it as do many others and it's had great success in it's opening days.

AcridMeat

Banned
Austin is a fan from what I've read. Why would it matter anyway, you've already played it and liked it as do many others and it's had great success in it's opening days.
I'm joking. The stereotype is that they're jaded and this is probably the most pure fun multiplayer game to come out in a very long time.

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
I just hit rank 750 in 3's and the game is more fun than ever. Now I get to play with people who are experienced with the game and understand certain strategies. It is also fun not to have anyone leave the game early anymore.

Just curious what are your guys highest rank?

TomShoe

Banned
Do you guys use free cam or ball cam as your normal view? I normally use free cam, but I'm thinking about switching to see how it works.

Do you guys use free cam or ball cam as your normal view? I normally use free cam, but I'm thinking about switching to see how it works.

I stay on ball cam probably 85% of the time, only switching when retreating back to goal or setting something in particular up

tm24

I dont get flying. Im not sure how much the pitch is supposed to be before i start zooming in the air. Will it just come to me?

Mdk7

Yesterday night:
12:20 AM: "hmm, i know it's late but let's try this Rocket League, it looks fun... Just a couple of matches, and then i'm off to bed!"
04:35 AM: (after like 18 matches against the CPU) "Ok, just one more..."

Hasney

Totally situational, always switching. Regular is best for lining up shots while I use ball cam to get my bearings.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Ball cam pretty much always. I do need to get better about turning it off once it bounces up high or gets in a weird angle as it can mess shots up, but I would lose it constantly if I didn't have the camera there.

Love the layers of depth to this game.

You can take it as seriously as you want and be at any skill level and still be able to jump into a game and score goals and have fun just winging it.

Played about 10 matches online tonight, as someone who isn't that into competitive online gaming I'm looking forward to diving in more tomorrow.

My two favourite goals so far. Seems like my best games were earlier ones, now I seem to always have trouble timing jumps and just not getting shots off accurately. Maybe I've been playing too long...

yNQdpN.gif
yw98Qg.gif

thejpfin

Yesterday night:
12:20 AM: "hmm, i know it's late but let's try this Rocket League, it looks fun... Just a couple of matches, and then i'm off to bed!"
04:35 AM: (after like 18 matches against the CPU) "Ok, just one more..."

Is like "match is only 5 mins, lets play just one round". And you just keep playing. lol.

Got 726 rank score in 3v3 ranked. Top 100 in ranked leaderboard , Yea buddy!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Omg I can fly in this game now...I think. After watching the stream I said fuck it and tried it online. Holy crap.

Terrified

My two favourite goals so far. Seems like my best games were earlier ones, now I seem to always have trouble timing jumps and just not getting shots off accurately. Maybe I've been playing too long...

yNQdpN.gif
yw98Qg.gif

Awesome.

How the living fuck did I play a whole evening of this on Wednesday without realising there's a tracker on the ground which follows the ball...?

This game has broken my Dota addiction. It's so good getting into a game playing a few rounds, then going back to something productive.

I think 4 player could work with someone always on goal and good communication. With random you get a lot of crashing and that's no good.

I also think the esports thing should be a big lesson to publishers who try to force esports into their game. It will never work. Just let the game speak for itself.

There is only a tracker when you're not in ball cam mode.

But that gif by SictorVullivan shows the tracker even though he's using ball cam. I do 90% of the time use normal cam so I don't really know.

This game has broken my Dota addiction. It's so good getting into a game playing a few rounds, then going back to something productive.

This so much. Playing for an hour feels worthwhile. I used to play FIFA a lot, but usually never felt it was worthwhile because of how long a match is and how much down time there is. I'd be lucky to get 3 games in an hour. In RL, it is much faster, though I'd be happy with a shorter timer in between rounds. 25 secs maybe.

I'd also like it if I could pick both ranked and unranked playlists while searching. I don't care really whichever I get into.

Ark

I fucking suck at this game.

I keep double dashing instead of double jumping. I'm missing alllll of the balls.

I love it though. So much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom