• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Agent screens

Mrbob

Argyle said:
It's tougher to grasp than X = right weapon pickup/drop, square = left weapon pickup/drop. :) Like I said, more logical. Halo 2 dual wielding isn't impossible to figure out, but it's definitely more cumbersome. (I'm pretty sure that's how it worked - been a while to be honest)

You always have a pistol in your holster for when you run out of ammo in Goldeneye, otherwise, you always can have a max of two weapons at once (two guns, one gun + grenades, or a single two-handed weapon like an assault rifle). No atashing your alt weapon, so with the exception of the grenades (when you're dual wielding) and the default pistol, the only weapon you're carrying is the weapon you're firing...

I dunno if I would call it more logical as all I need to do is use one button in Halo 2 to dual wield, just different.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you can only hold a couple weapons at once. I may actually try the game now. I refuse to play any console FPS that forces me to use the Dpad to cycle through a collection of weapons.

Argyle

Mrbob said:
I dunno if I would call it more logical as all I need to do is use one button in Halo 2 to dual wield, just different.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you can only hold a couple weapons at once. I may actually try the game now. I refuse to play any console FPS that forces me to use the Dpad to cycle through a collection of weapons.

I think it's more logical since it's one button to pick up a weapon in your left hand, one button for your right weapon, and the buttons are laid out that way on the pad (left weapon button is to the left of the right weapon button) and not overloaded with other functions...but maybe that's just me :)

I think it's worth a try. It may not be as polished as Halo 2, but it's a good sight better than Killzone - probably the best way for non-Xbox owning folks to get some of that Halo 2 flavor, IMHO. (No idea how it stacks up to CoD console, I've heard good and bad about that game but haven't played it myself...if the one rumor I heard about sitting in a tank for almost half the game is true, well...)

Top Bottom