• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

Celegus

Almost certain plans are just locked to the playthrough count. It's impossible to get them all on NG, more open up in NG+ and I think the last column is NG++ forward. Don't think it matters what area you find the chest in, though I guess I could be wrong.

Ramma2

The difficulty bump in going from the tower to the dungeon is massive. Can't make it past 3-5 rooms down there without dying.

Number45

Almost certain plans are just locked to the playthrough count. It's impossible to get them all on NG, more open up in NG+ and I think the last column is NG++ forward. Don't think it matters what area you find the chest in, though I guess I could be wrong.
I started to get the last column in NG+, but the frequency greatly increases in NG++ so maybe that's it? Each NG increases the chance you'll get a blueprint.

The difficulty bump in going from the tower to the dungeon is massive. Can't make it past 3-5 rooms down there without dying.
You'll be amazed how quickly you adapt, but there are definitely some combinations that are tough to cope with. In NG++ some of the rooms are like bullet-hell shooters without 8-way control! D:

Celegus

I started to get the last column in NG+, but the frequency greatly increases in NG++ so maybe that's it? Each NG increases the chance you'll get a blueprint.

Could be, I flew through NG+ so fast that I only got a couple blueprints, and got my first pieces of the last column in NG++ and on.

Celegus

Thanataphobia was actually a lot easier than I was expecting. Did it on my first try, only 12 generations. Hokage is just too good. Now all I have left to do is let the game idle for 3 hours and get the 20 hour achievement. Kind of funny that I'll get a platinum while not even playing the game.

Holy shit this game is hard...gonna be a brutal platinum. I've probably played for like 10 hours and I just beat the first boss.

I'll be combing the thread for tips, but I can't imagine beating this shit in under 15 lives. Crazy.

Number45

Holy shit this game is hard...gonna be a brutal platinum. I've probably played for like 10 hours and I just beat the first boss.

I'll be combing the thread for tips, but I can't imagine beating this shit in under 15 lives. Crazy.
Having tried a couple of the remixed bosses, I honestly think the 15 death trophy is going to be the least of my worries. D:

Footos22

Finished my first play-through finally.
14 hours, 69 kids all remixed bosses defeated.

Started new game plus and wiped out the first 2 bosses in one foul swoop. lol
prob have that finished tonight too then its just that under 15 death run.

Any tips about what i should be putting my coins into for that run?

Celegus

Finished my first play-through finally.
14 hours, 69 kids all remixed bosses defeated.

Started new game plus and wiped out the first 2 bosses in one foul swoop. lol
prob have that finished tonight too then its just that under 15 death run.

Any tips about what i should be putting my coins into for that run?

Don't upgrade the right side of the tree at all, just get enchantress and stop. On the left side, concentrate on getting Hokage and buffing attack power. Put points into equip load whenever you find something good. The rest into health and armor, I wouldn't even worry about crit. Vampire runes/equipment are unsurprisingly very useful.

Footos22

Don't upgrade the right side of the tree at all, just get enchantress and stop. On the left side, concentrate on getting Hokage and buffing attack power. Put points into equip load whenever you find something good. The rest into health and armor, I wouldn't even worry about crit. Vampire runes/equipment are unsurprisingly very useful.

Cool, will try that. tried it last night and beat the first boss with my first character then died about 6 times after so deleted that file!

i got 4 pieces of blood equipment but it takes 30 health off you with each piece, found it wasnt worth it. was ok in the normal game. hopefully get lucky with the runes.

Footos22

YUP, I'm on Alexander IV and hoooooooooly shit.

I beat him after about my 10th try. hes a cunt.

I got lucky, he seemed to not wanna come find me, when he eventually did none of his skull minions would follow him, they were all stuck on one side of the arena so could just circle round him on 2 platforms. was easy then.

looking on youtube now and theres alot of guides in how to make this happen on purpose.

Celegus

Cool, will try that. tried it last night and beat the first boss with my first character then died about 6 times after so deleted that file!

i got 4 pieces of blood equipment but it takes 30 health off you with each piece, found it wasnt worth it. was ok in the normal game. hopefully get lucky with the runes.

The only piece I ended up finding was the cape, and no runes. But it did help immensely. So maybe just try it with one. Herodotus is by far the hardest part of the run FYI.

Number45

Yeah, he's a bit of a tricky mofo first time around. I don't think he scales though, second time I barely had to avoid his attacks.

I beat him after about my 10th try. hes a cunt.

I got lucky, he seemed to not wanna come find me, when he eventually did none of his skull minions would follow him, they were all stuck on one side of the arena so could just circle round him on 2 platforms. was easy then.

looking on youtube now and theres alot of guides in how to make this happen on purpose.

I was so close to beating him and died :(
I JUST DOWNED HIM. OMGGG AT LEAST A HUNDRED ATTEMPTS

I got him by himself for about half his health, then the minions who were all spawned attacked me at once. I said fuck it and jumped on the spikes, killed at least 15 minions and boosting my health like mad. I got super lucky the bastard didnt move upward and stayed on the spikes as well.

YEEEEEASSSSSS, now on to Freon!

Celegus

Did you manage to get a hero with the PAD trait? Wonder if it's worth making a beeline for him if you do.

I didn't, but that certainly would help (vampire is a great though). My best advice is to stay on the ground between the spikes except when you have to deal with the mages. It's too easy to get jumped by a slime if you're standing on one of the platforms. And turn the brightness up on your TV if you can't see it well, I had some serious problems in the dungeon areas with not being able to see anything. Or play on Vita, it was much clearer there.

I JUST DOWNED HIM. OMGGG AT LEAST A HUNDRED ATTEMPTS

I got him by himself for about half his health, then the minions who were all spawned attacked me at once. I said fuck it and jumped on the spikes, killed at least 15 minions and boosting my health like mad. I got super lucky the bastard didnt move upward and stayed on the spikes as well.

YEEEEEASSSSSS, now on to Freon!

Great. I just beat ponce de Leon.

Does these remix bosses become harder in ng+? Or are they same as ng

Footos22

xZwg4Tm.jpg

Done.

Platinum get.
Herodotus was the easiest. I was level 64 when I fought him though. All the bosses were easy after the remixed bosses actually.

Helios blessing and just clearing rooms netted me a cool 10k with my third character. I did everything on right side up until I unlocked hokage then piled into health and attack. Then got unlucky by never getting option to use hokage. Paladin prob best class as there isn't really any downside to him.

Had 2 vampire runes and a balance rune. Had others but I value double jump and dash too much.

LordPhantX

Neo Member
xZwg4Tm.jpg

Done.

Platinum get.
Herodotus was the easiest. I was level 64 when I fought him though. All the bosses were easy after the remixed bosses actually.

Helios blessing and just clearing rooms netted me a cool 10k with my third character. I did everything on right side up until I unlocked hokage then piled into health and attack. Then got unlucky by never getting option to use hokage. Paladin prob best class as there isn't really any downside to him.

Had 2 vampire runes and a balance rune. Had others but I value double jump and dash too much.

this encouraged me to get my platinum ^_^

since i got everything else and maxed lvl

nucqPtA.jpg

p8B8z7Z.jpg

^^ wow great guys.

I just completed my first play through after 468 children. So, was that too bad?

I'm not really that motivated to get platinum for this game. Gameplay is solid and i enjoyed it troughout but having to choose random characters had wasted a lot of time for me. Half of my characters are either blind or farting continuously. Aditionally, fighting the same bosses over and over again felt too boring for me.

Footos22

^^ wow great guys.

I just completed my first play through after 468 children. So, was that too bad?

I'm not really that motivated to get platinum for this game. Gameplay is solid and i enjoyed it troughout but having to choose random characters had wasted a lot of time for me. Half of my characters are either blind or farting continuously. Aditionally, fighting the same bosses over and over again felt too boring for me.

468!!

My first playthrough was done at 69 kids. Thibk the max level I got too was 230 on ng+2

Celegus

Sucks the 20 hour achievement is tied to one save (doesn't include my 3 hours doing Thanataphobia)... still have 2 more hours to idle and I have the whole skill tree maxed out.

LordPhantX

Neo Member
^^ wow great guys.

you waste alot of children! at my 7th play through i have 176 children

w2TmTts.jpg

i believe if you liked souls games and the way to level up and fighting bosses you will never get bored of this type of games until you complete everything ( my main character in dark souls at lvl 709 )

imagine you have this power and defeat each boss including johannes under 30 sec !

Sucks the 20 hour achievement is tied to one save (doesn't include my 3 hours doing Thanataphobia)... still have 2 more hours to idle and I have the whole skill tree maxed out.

lol at least it's just 2 hours, after maxed out there is nothing more to do in this game

i have more than 5 millions i guess my children will inherit it !

I was repeatedly trying to beat bosses when I was at lower level. That's where I lost most of my lives.

I do like souls games and I played them hundreds of hours. But that was because of PvP and wide varity of customization options. Here it was quite monotonous trying to beat the same bosses over and over again. Still I loved this game though, but I don't feel like spending another 10-15 hours to platinum.

^^ wow great guys.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with hundreds of children on the first play though. Mind you, I grinded out a lot of money runs in between to get a leg up.

Getting this platinum was one of the best feelings I've had playing a game in a long time haha. I think I finished with 55 on my first play, and by the time I got all the other trophies on NG-3 it was up to around the 140 mark.

Ponce de Freon. Help.

Start by luring him into one of the bottom corners. So lets say you take him all the way to the right, when you hit the wall jump over him and go all the way to the bottom left. At this point jump up to the top left and bring him to the top right, dodge him and go back to the top left without falling down. By this point most of the flames on the bottom should be gone so you can drop down and do the same thing. You just have to bring him back and forth on one level until the flames are gone on the other while getting your hits in. I found it to be easier to hit him on the ground part so I would just focus on dodging when I was up top.

Finally beated this beast. I think I sucked though, finished with 200+ kids, lvl 167 and 21 hours of gameplay.

Now on to NG+, I think I could try to platinum the game.

He was by far the hardest for me. The "trick" is to try to stay in one quarter of the arena for as long as possible before moving onto the next quarter, giving his flames time to dissipate. Take it slowly. Don't forget that you have 5 jumps in this fight.
Thanks, the dashing is something I really need to take advantage of.
I found moving in the largest circle possible around the map also worked.
Tried this, doesn't work often :(
Start by luring him into one of the bottom corners. So lets say you take him all the way to the right, when you hit the wall jump over him and go all the way to the bottom left. At this point jump up to the top left and bring him to the top right, dodge him and go back to the top left without falling down. By this point most of the flames on the bottom should be gone so you can drop down and do the same thing. You just have to bring him back and forth on one level until the flames are gone on the other while getting your hits in. I found it to be easier to hit him on the ground part so I would just focus on dodging when I was up top.
Thanks, I'll try this.

Celegus

How does anyone beat the remix bosses? I am totally at a loss with them.
Knocking of 5% of their health before dying is a good run at this rate. o_O?

Just gotta be patient and learn their movements/attacks to know when you can get a couple hits in. Getting greedy on them is just gonna get you killed.

LakeEarth

I'm making a big effort to get the Thanataphobia trophy. I've got Ponce next, and on life #5. I'm getting a bit unlucky with the runes, I've yet to get anything on my bracers or cape, and haven't gotten any vampirism runes, and only one balance rune, so I have to instead use the two sub-par blood equipment blueprints to get 5hp back per kill. Still, I'm having a good feeling about this run. It'll be my 4th platinum!

How does anyone beat the remix bosses? I am totally at a loss with them.
Knocking of 5% of their health before dying is a good run at this rate. o_O?

For each one, there's a reason why you're given the character you are. With Neo Khadir, you're a spellsword with the sword magic, so you should be using the "strong" version of the sword while dodging, using your sword only to get some MP back for spell. For Alexander, you can teleport through the spikes so you have two sections to deal with (though it's still very hard). Ponce, you have barbarian shout to get you out of bad situations.

This won't make the remix bosses "easy", but it will help. Other things to note when you try a new remix boss is how many double jumps you have. In game, I only ever have the one double jump, so during some bosses I didn't realize I could jump 3-4 times which would've gotten me out of some bad situations.

I give up on the remix bosses.

I'm not fond of regular boss fights, remix bosses are not going to be more popular with me.

Fun/addictive game nevertheless.

Anyone know what Cellar Door Games have been up to lately? I would to see a Rogue Legacy 2 some day.
Yeah I'd love a second one.
I played it this week and it was pure addiction. I loved it. Problem is that I'm not really good at it. I just grinded my ass off and now maxed out all skills.
But those remix bosses ... nope. No chance I beat them.
Does anybody know if the remix bosses get more difficult in NG+?

Top Bottom