• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

Number45

I'm under no illusions to how hard he's going to be on (in fact most of them I struggled with initially) that run. D:

I'm much more confident in my play now, but that's not always a positive thing.

EDIT: Also, are the hidden trophies something you're just likely to stump upon? I assume one of them is related to
Calypso
, but I have no idea what the others might be (and I won't go hunting for them if I might find them out naturally).

Screw you guys with your 149 deaths lol.

I finally beat it the other day with like 260 and 26 hours damnit

Ponce De Leon kicked my ass for a long time until I mastered back dashing while still facing him to get extra attacks in

Number45

Wow, money comes WAY quicker in NG+! Castle boss down already (he's trivial with the right magic weapon), working my way through the forest now. Hopefully I'll have all of the blueprints by the time I'm done, I only have about eight left to find.

Wow, money comes WAY quicker in NG+! Castle boss down already (he's trivial with the right magic weapon), working my way through the forest now. Hopefully I'll have all of the blueprints by the time I'm done, I only have about eight left to find.
I don't think you can get the last set or two until NG+2. It's really good, though.

Just finished the game, will edit this post with a screenie later since i did so shortly before heading out to work.

gotta say, with the right barbarian you can pretty much kill every boss by attrition. I did about 5 gold runs while waiting for a barbarian to show up and once it did, i killed the final boss with him/her without much effort. the barbarians shout move proved to be really useful whenever there was an attack spammed on the screen.

Took me just a tiny bit over 17 hours and was a great game to play on the vita!

Sarcasm

And here I am at level 42 getting two shotted by the first boss and never make over 449 gold.

Think I am going to put this game down. Coming to the realization that platformers are not my forte.

And here I am at level 42 getting two shotted by the first boss and never make over 449 gold.

Think I am going to put this game down. Coming to the realization that platformers are not my forte.

Just focus on grinding till you get a barbarian and see if you fair better. I didn't start making any real progress till about 40-50ish but the sense of accomplishment that came from beating that stupid eyeball was awesome.

Number45

ibzDqQtJlvJEEv.jpg

ibxKqb1bb5Hlbr.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn proud of that run! Wasn't brave enough to go after Alexander though...

I'm at level 105 or so, having defeated the castle and forest bosses. Nearly beat the Maya boss but lost my last trickle of health before I could administer the finishing blow...

Next time I get a spelunker heir I think I'm going to equip the 5 money-increasing runes and see how much I can make on the run. Some of these upgrades are going to be a real chore, but I love the gameplay so much that I don't think I'll mind too much.

Number45

I'm at level 105 or so, having defeated the castle and forest bosses. Nearly beat the Maya boss but lost my last trickle of health before I could administer the finishing blow...

Next time I get a spelunker heir I think I'm going to equip the 5 money-increasing runes and see how much I can make on the run. Some of these upgrades are going to be a real chore, but I love the gameplay so much that I don't think I'll mind too much.
I run permanently with double-jump and dash, neither of which I think I could do without, and three of the gold runes.

Yeah, I go for similar to you, only replace the gold runes with the health/mana gain from killing enemies. I'll feel naked without the double-jump especially, but I'll give it a shot at least!

Got a question.

If I beat a Boss, and got killed, and for the next run I don't use the Architect, will I have to beat the Boss again, or it'll be dead ?

Number45

Took down both Alexander and Ponce De Leon in one run on NG+. Feels good! I like the assassin most, but the barbarian is far and away the easiest character to progress with.

Got a question.

If I beat a Boss, and got killed, and for the next run I don't use the Architect, will I have to beat the Boss again, or it'll be dead ?
I've barely used him - as far as I'm aware all it guarantees is that the map will be the same, all other progress within the map is as normal so the boss should stay beaten.

Hesemonni

Banned
NG+++ and I guess that's enough for me.

Can't beat the optional bosses besides the asteroids one. Couldn't beat the clown challenge either :/

drotahorror

you've got to be kidding me.

I'm on the 4th remix boss (my 4th atleast, since I've killed the other 3) and after repeated attempts I finally got the killing blow and then this happened :

The freakin game froze.

I'm over here shaking, heart beating etc, it was intense as hell. And then that happened. FOREAL?!

Ugh, still pissed. Tryin him still but this is frustrating. He's easily the hardest boss in the game for me, like I've spent more time on this boss then Ornstein and Smough.

drotahorror

did it. happy. sort of.

And now I'm only 1 trophy short of the platinum. Beat the game in 15 deaths or less w/o locking the castle.

11 hours and i think 63 deaths to beat all 5 bosses (in first game) . Now I've got all trophies (killed all remix bosses, beat new game+ twice (I beat it 3x)) and it took 23 hours and I can't remember the deaths. Over 100.

I don't think time played counted remix bosses. Definitely didn't count deaths. I probably spent about 3-4 hours all together on remix bosses.

In new game + the bosses are a joke but the trash mobs if you want to call them that are brutal.

Level 65 and still can't beat the stupid eye boss, yes I am done lol.

I just beat him at a similar level with an assassin.
the circular attack is easy enough to dodge and for the other one just use the assassin's hide ability.
Now on to the
burning skull
in the
forest

drotahorror

Really? I'm finding the mobility of the stick to be perfect for me, I can pretty much do the castle and forest without being hit, or hit very little. Starting tower... right now!

On vita or or the ds4?

The DS4 analog stick is fine for going left/right. But when I press down and try to land on something below me the stick goes all over the place. Could just be my controller though.

dpad4lyfe

Grimsen

So, do the new game plusses ever stop? I'm on +5, and I've unlocked and bought everything.

Just beat Neo Khidr. Took me all evening, but feels good, man :)

Gonna keep going, probably gonna aim for the platinum.

Boss #2 down.
That was quite a slog, multiple times I had him down to a few mm of life and died.
Now on to the next, I feel the top of the castle will be quite a bit tougher.

Number45

So, do the new game plusses ever stop? I'm on +5, and I've unlocked and bought everything.

Just beat Neo Khidr. Took me all evening, but feels good, man :)

Gonna keep going, probably gonna aim for the platinum.
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able take down those remix bosses.

I've played this so much..

I'm on new game +8 on one save max lvl all skills levelled up fully

My other save i'm going for thanatophobia which is the last trophy i need for platinum

Is anyone playing this via cross save on the vita and ps4?

Because my ps4 never(!) loads the most recent save I don't know why.
I can manually upload the save from my vita, start up the ps4 version get promoted that the local version is not the newest, update and the resulting game on the ps4 is significantly behind the game on my vita...
really annoying I would love to play some with the dual shock.

Number45

Is anyone playing this via cross save on the vita and ps4?

Because my ps4 never(!) loads the most recent save I don't know why.
I can manually upload the save from my vita, start up the ps4 version get promoted that the local version is not the newest, update and the resulting game on the ps4 is significantly behind the game on my vita...
really annoying I would love to play some with the dual shock.
Are you reading those messages properly? Surprisingly easy to misunderstand those, and click "yes" when you should actually be clicking "no".

Celegus

I wasn't sure I'd even bother with the remix bosses since it was such an ordeal when I played on PC. Tried them last night, and wow what a difference the PS4 d-pad makes over the crappy 360 one.

Took them all out in under an hour, and even took a break in between for food. Or did they make it easier from the PC version? I crushed Alexander on my second try, but on PC I was well over 50 I'm sure.

Edit:

Started NG+.

Killing all the bosses in one run gives you a lot of money. NG++ time I guess!

Sarcasm

Beat the eyeball void with assassin, thanks to crit and that special ability.

Also thought it took money to use the architect, finally used him and teleported straight to the stupid eyeball.

Number45

Beat the eyeball void with assassin, thanks to crit and that special ability.

Also thought it took money to use the architect, finally used him and teleported straight to the stupid eyeball.
Nope, he just takes a cut so if you're training then it's basically free.

You can get a free axe shot in before it starts, which makes it drastically easier. The dagger one on the other hand...
I can confirm that it's doable without cheating, since I was able to do that once, before I found out about the extra axes. I almost got the dagger one, too. Got to the last target. I hear using a Dragon makes it a lot easier.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
any suggestions for what level i should be for boss 3?

also, are curse ruins worth it?

EDIT:

Alright just beat the game. Once is enough for me...

Ended with 139? Children....
~17 hours ( may have left machine on once or twice)
Level 142? Maybe more?

The bosses just kept getting easier and easier imo. Steamrolled boss 3,4,5 on my first tries..

Barely used the pally shield at all in whole game, or anyones special for that matter..

Pretty much played the game with a double jump, and the rest were the gold+ runes... Got gold drop skill maxed asap....pretty much focused on attack and health though, both skills were around 40 give or take.

For final boss just swapped all my gold runes for grace runes.... Went down faster than anyone. Beat him as a giant.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I'm having trouble beating boss 3 too... :-/

I think i was like level 91 or so as a barbarian when i took him down. Used The chakram spell.

Its really all the same for the whole game though.... Just gotta have enough health and attack.... And move around/ get to open spae and dodge shit.

I think i was like level 91 or so as a barbarian when i took him down. Used The chakram spell.

Its really all the same for the whole game though.... Just gotta have enough health and attack.... And move around/ get to open spae and dodge shit.

I'm at level 100 so I'll be concentrating on him tonight. :)

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Is there any list for what blacksmith plans drop where? Because i feel like im missing some at third boss area, but they just wont drop.

not really sure how the blacksmith stuff plays out...

about halfway through my playthrough plans became a lot more rare. and i when i found them i still found them in every area not just a specific zone.

when i finished, all my blacksmith categories were only filled to about 2 or 3rd columns, so about half.

that said i spent a lot less time in tower and dungeon grinding

Top Bottom